Conley Brothers

She smiled a little and watched him a moment before she ducked out of the tent. She froze wgen she saw Felix just a few feet away.

"Dear little sister. I think it's time you and I had a heart to heart"

Claudius heard the voice and turned, listening. Thanks to the tarps, he was out of sight, but the tarps did nothing to stop his hearing. He checked the cage door. CLosed, but not locked. He hunkered down, hidden, listening.

Camilla had never been afraid of Felix before but she was at the moment.

"Can it wait? I was about to go get some rest.." camilla hoped she could slip away from this but. Evidently that wasn't happening as Felix put a heavy hand on her shoulder. "It won't take long.."

What Claudius heard next was something in another language and spoken like a whisper. Camilla was silent, put into a sort of trans. Most likely she had been spelled like this so many times over the years that it was easy for him at this point.

After a moment Camilla collapsed but Felix caught her in his arms and gently picked her up

Claudius growled. He wasn't certain what had happened, but he knew something was wrong. Camilla was afraid of her brother. That should never happen. He pushed open the door and stepped out, his steps careful and silent. His heart beat faster with every step, his head swimming. Fear, rage, and something he did not have a name for warred within him as he walked out and approached Felix. Felix held Camilla. That was no. He needed to get Camilla away from him.

He stopped and stared at Felix, unaware that his normally pale grey eyes now burned gold. He said nothing, his throat constricted.

Felix looked up when he stepped out "Camilla needs her rest. Back into your cage" he spoke calmly but did not like the look of this creature, specially the way he was looking at him with those eyes.

Claudius tried to say something intelligent, but all he managed was a low growl. His eyes flickered to Camilla then back to Felix. His hands tensed, arching into claws, the long, sharp nails tipping each finger glinting in the light.

Princess. Always stealing the princess. Princess needs protecting! Does not matter if she is a real princess, she takes care of people. That is what makes a true princess. Someone who cares for others and rules over them with kindness. It could understand that no matter how primal its mind. It remembered her kindness. Her gentleness. It would protect the princess from the monster!

His bones ached! There was nothing visibly wrong with him, but his bones hurt with a low burning sensation that was driving him mad! He glared at Felix, the fear dimming with each second under the red haze.

"I am taking her inside to rest. She's overextended herself" Felix stated simply before he turned towards her trailer that sat next to the tent as usual. He hoped if Claud saw he was just taking her home he would back off

Claudius moved in front of Felix. "You!" he hissed in a voice that did not sound quite right. He knew this person had hurt the princess (princess? no, Camilla) and not she, herself, who had done this. He advanced slowly, snarling angrily. Put her down!

Felix stood his ground "move aside monster. You'd cut her without even trying with those claws. I'm not letting you touch her. She is mine to protect not yours"

Claudius barked out a harsh laugh. "Yet she fears you," he forced out as a low snarl. "You teach her to fear herself. Imprison her. Some brother!" He darted forward then stopped a pace away. "Put the princess Camilla down or I will eat your heart!" He blinked, a little shocked both at his own words and at the strange almost echo that had snuck in. Then he forced himself to ignore it. "You did something to her."

Felix continued to hold his ground and kept his sister close "Yes. I did. I gave her strength and caused her to sleep so she can rest and absorb what I gave her. I would never harm my sister" he said it in a way that made it sound and feel right. Such was his charm.

"No you didn't," Claudius grunted, oblivious to the charm while the fire flickered in his veins. He glared, his eyes bright and hungry.

Maybe if she were dead, then she would be free. It was not its first choice, but it could not let her go on like this, either. It did not want to keep on like this! Like someone's pet! Yes, he would kill them both and either escape or die. Either was preferable.

Fine. Charm was not working. "Go back to your cage little monster" he could use other tactics. His own eyes shifted and turned black "defy me again and you will learn what I am" a dim glow formed around Camilla, a protective shield of energy

It snarled at this new foe. A new challenge! Something worthy of its might and skill! It advanced slowly, spines arching aggresively. To the death would it fight! Hopefully this challenge's, but maybe it could take all three of them to the grave!

Felix set Camilla down and stood over her.

A black mist brgan to swirl around Felix and he appeared to be morphing and shifting grotesquely. His fingers curled into claws and horns curve back from his head as he grew in height and his legs twisted to be more animalistic. The very sky seemed to grow dark wirhout clouds "one last chance little monster" he growled from all around like thunder

What was that?1 Claudius jerked away, panic shooting through him to the core. What was going on? What was he doing? He looked around dazed, the gold gone from his eyes as suddenly as it had come, and the fire snuffed. For now.

A whimper of pure fear wrenched itself from his mouth. "No! I don't understand!" he whined, crouching down and cowering before the thing.

Felix glared down at him through those dark soulless eyes. No longer human but some sort of demon "back to your cage"

Camilla lay still and unaware of what was happening

Claudius looked, unable to find himself in his fright, but then he spotted his cage. Safety! He ran, looking for shelter, and disappeared into his cage, slamming the door behind himself. Safe. The cage was safe. He crawled into his nest and hid under the blankets. He felt sick in his stomach, his body aching, and his mind reeling. Who was he? Where was he?

Felix waited until after he had gone before the dark mist faded and the sky returned to normal and he too looked normal again..except...his clothes were torn up...perhaps it hadn't been a mere illusion at all.

Felix picked up his sister once more and tucked her into bed.

When he stepped out, his clothes were perfect again and all seemed normal

"Felix, what are you up to now?" Leon asked, hanging his head out of his wagon window. His normally perfect hair was a tangled mess. He sounded vaguely annoyed and curious but not particularly invested in what was happening.

Back