Conley Brothers

Adanya gave a nod "just for little while. These boys don't like to be around people" she used her lions as an excuse to keep the visit short.

Star edged away, Watching the predators

The twins eyed the lions, already trying to think of how they might get closer to them.

Kazimir turned and offered the bowl to Adanya. "WOn't you sit, though? Rest your legs? If only for a bit. The pretty kitties can eat their treats easier then, yes?"

~~

"Spectra, are you ready for dinner?" Vlad asked as he approached. He smiled and nodded to Camilla. "Have an easy ride?'

She hesitated again before she sat and nodded "yes" she agreed and shifted a little on thr spot she had chosen to sit

--

Spectra turned "oh yes I'm ready"
Camilla smiled "I did yes" she said "infact I wondered if we might talk for a moment"

"No touching lions unless you are tired of having hands," Kazimir warned the twins in a surprising moment of responsibleness before he tossed the sausages to the big cats. "Good kitties!"

~~

Vlad inclined his head. "Of course! Spectra, if you would like to go ahead, Kazimir has made something... uh... eatable, I believe."

The lions caught their snacks and moved a little ways off to eat them.

The cat around her shoulders jumped down and yoweled, not a cat, a young lynx, her paw wrapped. "One for her too?" Adanya asked "she is jelouse"

--

Spectra nodded "I'll come by later Camilla" she said and waved to the other woman before she slipped off to join the others around the fire.

Camilla waited until she had gone before she spoke again "Vlad I...wanted to apologize..." she sighed "For Felix. He overreacted"

"Aw, the sweet little thing, of course she can have one!" Kazimir cooed. He selected two more sausages and held them out to Adanya. "Here, for the kitten."

~~

"He wishes to keep you safe. I understand that," Vlad smiled. "You have no reason to apologize."

Adanya accepted the meat and gave them up to the Lynx who happily took them and hopped off her lap to sit next to her and munch in them.

--

She smiled faintly "thanks for understanding" she said, relaxing a little "Leon talked to him I think....so you don't have to stay away"

"Can we get a kitten?" Tam breathed.

Kazimir chuckled. "Not a kitten like that. That is special kitten. It needs special things. Starnacht, you have enough food?"

~~

Vlad smiled and touched her shoulder. "It is good to have a brother who cares so much, even if at times he does go a little overboard." He nodded toward his campfire. "If you would like to join us, I am sure there is enough to share."

Adanya smiled a little and watched the lynx for a moment "very special cat yes. She will go home when she is well" she explained. She didn't keep anything that could survive in the wild on its own, in its natural habitat.

--

Camilla smiled "I'd like that very much" she glanced back at the covered cage "but I've got to get Claudius some food first and see how he is doing"

"Where is her home?" Tim asked, watching the lynx with wide eyes.

~~

Vlad nodded. "Oh, the twins still want to introduce Claudius and Kazimir to each other. Do you think it will happen, or should I tell them no?"

"She comes from the desert" Adanya answered "I found her injured but she is nearly well" she smiled a little watching the little lynx

--

"Perhaps if Starnacht came too...I will ask him if he is up for it" Camilla answered "Star seems to make him feel more comfortable"

The twins inched forward slowly. "Can we pet her? Please?" they begged.

~~

"I will talk to them about it, and now I shall leave you to your work. Have a good evening!" Vlad said with a slight wave before he turned and walked back toward the campfire.

Claudius moved slowly and stiffly in his wagon, deliberately stretching out his joints. He could not move them nearly as well as he ought to be able to thanks to years of living in cramped quarters, but now that he had the space, he was slowly trying to fix himself. He didn't know why, it just seemed right.

Adanya shook her head "no. She will bite" she said "see" she held her hand out, the newest bite mark on her hand was mostly healed

--

She smiled "I'll come by in a little while" she said before he left, watching him gone a moment before going to the cage and lifting the tarp corner once more

"Ouch!" one of the twins keened. "That looks painful. Are you hurting?" He looked up at her anxiously.

~~

Claudius jumped a little at the rustle but turned and waited for Camilla patiently. He understood now what the rustling meant, and he was glad to see her.

"It does not hurt now but hurt very much when she did it" Adanya told them "she is wild animal not tame"

--

"Hi Claudius" she smiled "I'll have dinner for you soon" she told him "I'll bring Starnacht to see you too" she smiled. She figured he could talk to Star about Kaz

Tim and Tam nodded seriously though they did not understand the full depth of her statement.

"Oh, Adanya, hello," Vlad greeted as he joined them. I did not realize you were going to join us."

"There is still some for late-comers!" Kazimir said cheerfully as he held out a bowl of food to Vlad.

~~

Claudius nodded contentedly. "It will be good to see Starnacht," he said softly. "You will eat?"

Adanya looked up "your brother offered my friends a snack" she said by way if explanation "we will not stay long. These brothers do not tolerate people for very long"

--

She nodded "I can come and eat with you if you'd like" she offered, happy to spend time with him

"Of course, thank you for stopping by. We are honored to have you," Vlad smiled as he sat down next to Star.

~~

"Unless it is not convenient," Claudius said. He knew he took a lot of effort and did not want to tax her too much.

Adanya watched him "I might stop more but you never ask" she pointed out in h3r blunt way. She never meant to be mean or rude she just didn't get the social stuff

--

"No trouble at all" she smiled "happy to join you anytime" she said "I'll go get us both some food...would you like me to leave this open a little so you can look out?" She asked

"This is true, but I was under the impression it would stress you and your beautiful friends out if I asked. I will ask you more often, and you have an open invitation to come join us no matter when," Vlad said pleasantly.

~~

Claudius hesitated then nodded. He wanted to see a little. Just a little. He liked being hidden as well as hiding, but the outside world was not as frightening as it had first seemed.

Back