Conley Brothers

"That little monster I gave to Camilla is getting a little too bold. I had to show him who is in charge" he stated simply.

"I want you to take Camilla into the city tonight. Show her a good time. Go get her a nice dress and shoes to wear"

Leon gave Felix a raised brow. "You never tell me to do such a dasterdly thing as take our baby sister into town. What have you done now that you need to distract her or earn her favor?"

"She won't remember" he shrugged. The false memories just needed time to take root "while you're aware I'll be making new arrangements with her pet"

"I'm sure she will pitch a fit over that, but sure, whatever," Leon shrugged. A female voice from within the wagon purred something inviting, and he grinned. "Anything else?" he asked, already starting to slide back in.

Felix rolled his eyes. Disgusting habbits of his brother. "As long as that's not Spectra in there. No. That's all"

Felix smirked. If Spectra kept acting up though perhaps he would let Leon have his way. For now though. Other matters to attend. He had a friend to meet up with...

Keith ran a hand through his silvery hair as he followed Felix, looking around with interest. They almost never left the circus! What could possibly be so important that they were leaving the circus?

(Not a very smooth transition, sorry, but hopefully it works!)

Felix wasn't wearing the usual tail coat and top hat but his regular civilian clothes as he called them. Though his clothes were still just as pristine and fine as ever. Only the best. "I've reached out to an old friend Keith. We need some extra security" he explained as they walked

-

Spectra noticed they had both gone. Now was her chance...

Keith glanced at Felix, hurt. He wasn't enough? What had he done wrong? Was this because of Chib? He would have killed Chib if Master had asked. Should he have killed sooner? Master usually got upset if he killed the contracted ones. "Yes, Master," was all he said in a meek tone.

~~

Leon came out of his wagon brushing his hair into submission, his gleaming white and gold shirt and black pants utter perfection. He took a deep breath and let it out in a sigh of deep satisfaction. A good tumble always left him feeling on top of the world! He needed to go find Camilla, but perhaps a little walk around the wagons, first, to shake off rubbery legs. He walked toward Felix' wagon, oblivious to Spectra's intent.

Felix glanced at him "you've done no wrong my friend" he said "you will still be in charge of security" just more eyes were needed now.

-

The door to Felix's wagon was slightly ajar, Spectra by then had already slipped inside, wasting no time getting inside. She didn't know how long of a window she would have

Keith brightened considerably, nearly glowing. His Master trusted him! "Yes, Master!" he said more enthusiastically.

~~

Leon noticed the door slightly open and frowned. That was no good. He walked over and pulled it closed without glancing inside as he normally would have. Who would dare sneak into his brother's wagon? If it was his, he'd be all kinds of tense and suspicious, but this was Felix. There was no way anyone would go in there, right? He absently triggered the magical lock and walked away. To his vague understanding, Felix had told him anyone could lock the lock, but only he, Felix, could unlock the lock. And maybe Keith. Felix trusted that little rat more than his own siblings. Leon wasn't sure, he hadn't been paying much attention when Felix had explained the locks years ago.

Felix smiled a bit. Happy to see Keith cheer up. "Just with our debt collectors being more aggressive lately. We need more eyes and I need your help finding payments too"

--

Spectra froze when she heard the door closed. She spun around and stared. This was bad. It had taken her a long time of observing to see how to unlock the door from the outside, never the inside.

Her best bet was to find her wings now, before Felix came back. One armed she desperately searched

Keith nodded enthusiastically. "Young people are easy to find, easy to lure, but the adults always get so touchy about disappearing children! I should think they should be grateful we are taking the brats off their hands. If they are stupid enough to get caught so easily, they are not good genetic continuations. Right, Master?"

~~

Leon went to Camilla's wagon and tapped a bright little rhythm on her door. "Camilla! It's your favorite brother!"

He smirked and nodded "yes" he agreed "but we can't raise suspicion now can we so we must find adults too" such a chore "We will need to find nkn humans soon as well. They get dissatisfied with only mundane folk"

--

Camilla answered the door after a moment "Leon" she smiled brightly "come in! I was just fixing some tea. Would you like some?"

Keith considered this carefully. "What of that creature that got Camilla into trouble? Or the new red-haired goofy brother?" he suggested.

~~

Leon gave her a huge smile. "Little sister, I am here to take you out on the town!"

"No..they would draw too much attention. We don't need questions being asked" he thought for a moment "one of thr smaller attractions that's not been doing well...we will phase them out slowly" he had to use tact when using his own.

-

Camilla brightened up "really?!" She glanced down at herself. As usual, never anything nice to wear just functional. "But I can't go dressed in trousers..."

"A good idea, Master! Which should we start with?" Keith asked.

~~

"Do you have any dresses at all? That can be our first stop, to get you a new dress!" Leon said cheerfully.

"We will discuss it later" he said and nodded ahead. They had been walking for some time, now they could see a fire ahead, a campsite.

-

She nodded "a couple but.....really? I can get a new dress?" She was tentative. Felix never let her get anything but plain clothes. Nothing too fancy. She was a beautiful woman and he didn't like people to notice that.

Keith fell silent, studying the campfire keenly. Who were these people? He knew a bit about Felix's past, particularly concerning the Dark Magic, but Keith was not one to ask questions unless it concerned an immediate need or him directly. Whatever Felix wanted to tell him was fine with him, and the unknown was equally fine. These men, however, were an unknown, and he drew himself up, gliding elegantly beside Felix protectively. Keith was capable of great elegance and beauty when the situation required it.

~~

Leon nodded then waved a finger at her. "But no flapper dresses! Felix will have both our heads if you try one of those. A nice, elegant, good for a fine dining establishment dress, though, that is the ticket!"

Back