Status
Not open for further replies.

Jeremi

The Convergence Series GM
Beyond space and beyond time there is a little corner away from everything that those that know about it call…Battlerealm.

A piece of debris from a Universe destroyed to form the current multiverse. It has been in misuse for quite some time but once again something is stirring in its realm.

Inside a palace made from white marble, two individuals are looking at a screen almost as tall as the room itself. “Shall we begin?” The taller of the two ask.

The second one dressed in a white suit looks at him with utter excitement on his face. “Do you even have to ask? Come on, come on! Let’s get this going.”

The screen flickered to life as different names, designations and pictures came to life. “She will be my first pick.” A picture of a girl in a purple costume went over to the left side of the screen.

The man with the white suit seemed to be in disbelief. “A Hawkeye? Really? It’s like you actually want to lose.” The tall man said nothing as his opponent started to look through the screen. “Whoa, hold on there! Is this for real? I got to get me one of those!” An unsuspecting man with black hair was moved to the right.

“Brute strength is not always the right choice.”
A green giant of a man was moved to the left side.

“He says without any irony.”
The man rolled his eyes before choosing his second pick. “Oh hey! He’s probably not doing anything. Going to be nice to see a friendly face.”

This back and forth went on for awhile until each side had eight people on it. “Are we satisfied?” The tall man asked his opponent.

“Couldn’t be happier. Now, let’s get this show on the road!”

In what looked like an ancient arena of some sort a flash of energy signaled the arrival av sixteen individuals. Eight on the left where the ground was red and eight on the right where the ground was red.

Before they could say or react to anything, a lone spotlight shone down on the man with the white suit and a wicked grin on his face. “Ladies and gentleman! Welcome to what will probably be the most amazing thing in your tiny little lives! You’ve all been chosen to participate in a game of life and death that will test your skills and push you all to the limit!” A cane materialized into the mans hand with which he pointed towards the center. “I probably shouldn’t have to say this but you’ve been split into two teams, You guys in the red are my team. You boys and gals on the blue side are on his team.” Another spotlight shone down revealing the tall man from before.

“And there you go! With out further ado, he’s the Grandmaster, I am Arcade. Welcome, to the Contest of Champions! Let's get this show on the road!”

zN3ytg0.png

Team Blue
NxXoNMI.png

Team Red

As the contestants gathered, Selena Gallo, also know as the Black Queen, seemed amused as she gained her bearings on was going on. Being alive since before rise of the Roman Empire; the ancient mutant sorceress had seen and heard of many strange things during . This sort of thing might have caught some of guard, Selena wasn't like most.

Selena stood firmly as she let her presence be know, unwrapping her cloak, an air of elegance and confidence flooded the room.

"Arcade....."

The name of her captor ran off her lips and hung in the air for a few seconds. Surprisingly, a playful smirk appeared on Selene's face. A soft chuckle was let out before she spoke again.

" As memories serves, you and I, we haven't crossed paths before? Strange? While we both swim in the same social circle; , this our first meeting, after all this time.

Selena smile slightly faded she left her words with a long pause. Her facial expression was natural, and her words, while tense, showed no malice.

"While I know one's reputation, shall I remind you can only make a first impression once?"

On the other side, The leader of the Jabari tribe, M'baku didt not nearly seem as reasonable as the Black Queen.

"Game? A game! You both want I, M'baku, Leader of the the Jafari Tribe to take part of your games? Fine. It's a test skills you want to see? Fine, again. I will indulge both of you. I will gladly indulge in your game and your test by seeing how quickly I can rip both your heads from you necks and throwing them across this arena! So Please! "

As the contestants gathered, Selena Gallo, also know as the Black Queen, seemed amused as she gained her bearings on was going on. Being alive since before rise of the Roman Empire; the ancient mutant sorceress had seen and heard of many strange things during . This sort of thing might have caught some of guard, Selena wasn't like most.

Selena stood firmly as she let her presence be know, unwrapping her cloak, an air of elegance and confidence flooded the room.

"Arcade....."

The name of her captor ran off her lips and hung in the air for a few seconds. Surprisingly, a playful smirk appeared on Selene's face. A soft chuckle was let out before she spoke again.

" As memories serves, you and I, we haven't crossed paths before? Strange? While we both swim in the same social circle; , this our first meeting, after all this time.

Selena smile slightly faded she left her words with a long pause. Her facial expression was natural, and her words, while tense, showed no malice.

"While I know one's reputation, shall I remind you can only make a first impression once?"

On the other side, The leader of the Jabari tribe, M'baku didt not nearly seem as reasonable as the Black Queen.

"Game? A game! You both want I, M'baku, Leader of the the Jafari Tribe to take part of your games? Fine. It's a test skills you want to see? Fine, again. I will indulge both of you. I will gladly indulge in your game and your test by seeing how quickly I can rip both your heads from you necks and throwing them across this arena! So Please! "

As Selene was conversing with Arcade four other members of Team Arcade, one of them was a girl in a wheel chair.

LOTAzcS.png

"What in the?" One moment the young Ngozi had been in Wakanda for one of her regular lessons when she suddenly found herself on Battleworld. Is it again? Is it happening again? A voice inside her head asked. While it was clear that they had been taken from their world, this time there were no other symbiotes around them. Not even half a year into being a hero and she was already in two of these? It really wasn't the young Black Panther's day. Even though the Venom symbiote inside of her was urging to change, she decided to wait.
If this was going to be a competition perhaps it wasn't good to reveal all the cards yet.

Not too far away from her was a man with dark hair trying to look as inconspicuous as possible.

dJAIhpZ.png

The man only going by the name Clay didn't know what he had stumbled into, and he pretty much didn't want to know. The only thing he wanted was to get as far away from this place as he possibly could. After the experiments that had changed him into the being known as Weapon H he had only wanted to be left alone far away from any prying eyes. It looks like he had gotten his wish, though not in the way that he imagined.

Another clad in a full dark outfit meanwhile was trying to asses the situation to the best of his ability.

q7pfSCY.png

Night Machine and while the moniker was no doubt unfamiliar to a lot of them the man under the mask, Nikola Tesla, was not. Tesla was no stranger to traversing universes or even going between the barriers of life and death, but this was the first time in his long life that he had been kidnapped by someone into a situation like this. "Hmm..." His musing vibrated in the air like static. He wasn't going to say anything just yet and decided to wait and see what the rest on Team Arcade was going to do.

The man clad in the red outfit however had no such problem.

iNhix0s.png

"This. Is. Fantastic!"
The man only known as Daredevil was giddy with excitement. Life and death? Was this finally going to be the stage were his demise could become the spectacle that he wished for? "Is the death part for just dramatics? Or is that a thing that can actually happen? Please tell me it's not a trick."

Arcade just looked over to Daredevil and gave him a wink. "What does that mean?!" Daredevil screamed, but Arcade seemed to have gone back to speaking with Selene.

"We share a common foe, but yeah don't think I've had the pleasure."
Arcade stepped closer to her the immortal being a good feet higher than the 5'6 Master of Murderworld. "Should've worn my stilts today, been more intimidating like that."

Meanwhile on the Grandmaster side four others started to react to the situation.

a3DIN7j.png

"Watch your tone, citizen. Kidnapped or not I'm going to have to pull the law on you unless you don't calm down."
The helmeted woman replied before turning towards Grandmaster. "And you've kidnapped a member of the Justicers and a Captain Britain Corps member. If I'm going to cite all the regulation you've broken by just one act then it's going to be a weeks worth of paper work." Cassandra Bull, or if everyone wanted to stick on her good side, Justicer Bull was from a world where having powers were illegal and fully punishable by the law. While the laws had become more lax in regards to said superhuman powers, Justicer Bull had not become and more slack in her job. If anything it might have intensified her even further.

Most of the group recognized what the person who opened his mouth was, but not who it was, and those that might have known him wouldn't have due to what he had become.

HLJSrhr.png

"Oh man, a crossover of heroes and villains! Been a literal dogs age since I've been in one of these!"
The being called the Rider was from a reality one million years in the future, subservient to one of the few living beings left in the galaxy, Thanos the Mad Titan. This little escapade must have felt like skipping class for the Rider because he seemed quite excited at the prospect of competing in a tournament like this.

One that didn't seem excited however was the girl wearing a X-Jacket.

pRNmYud.png

"Shit, I guess I can check off getting abducted by Arcade from the X-Men bingo."
The girl going by the codename Bling! was having one of those days. She felt like something bad was going to happen when she got out of bed, though this was not what she had in mind. Though getting abducted by powerful beings seemed to be something the X-Men excelled at so it had to happen to her sooner or later.

The final one was no stranger to multiversal travel or getting roped into saving the universe type deals.

5WuL4UY.png

But the girl by the name of Peni Parker didn't expect it to happen again for a very long time. But if this was going to be a competition maybe it wouldn't be so bad, right? Right? "This is going to be a disaster."

Grandmaster meanwhile looked over M'Baku with slight amusement. "Seems that it doesn't matter which reality I pull you from, you are still loud and obnoxious. I expect some decor from my team, we're not going to win by who can thump their chest the loudest after all. As for your threats," He turned to face Justicer Bull. "Not even your jurisdiction reaches this far."

2_UTz_SQ5.png

"No chance I could get a refund on whatever ticket was cashed to this shindig?" Miguel O'Hara, the Spider-Man of 2099, spoke upon gathering his bearings.

The predicament was quite a curious one, needless to say. After his run-in with the dimension leaping monster known as Morlun, whom Miguel and a whole multiverse of other Spider-Men had to team up against, the hero thought that he'd had enough of cross-dimensional misadventures to last a lifetime, and hoped to return to his matters back home, between investigating the conspiracies at Alchemax and bashing criminals' skulls together. However, if there was something he could imagine he inherited from the "original" Spider-Man, perhaps it could be his penchant for misfortune.

As they said, out of the frying pan and into the fire.

Eyeing the other strange individuals around him and against him, Miguel looked to Arcade and the others on his so-called "team," narrowing his eyes underneath his mask. "Common foe? I don't even know those guys over there!" Miguel exclaimed, pointing his finger over to the Blue Team, before clenching his fists, "Let alone you guys! I mean, shocking hell, it's one thing to expect blood out of this fight you want, and it's one thing to expect me to team up with these crazy, villainous looking creeps -- except for like, three of them -- and together, that's... two things! Two reasons to not go along with whatever you want from me, at least!"

"Freaky 'n kinky has the right idea," he continued speaking, mainly toward Arcade, gesturing briefly toward Selene, "Why should I be doing any favors for you anyway, creep?"

9dfd8f508ed2367681787323d36364e5.png

"Bloody hell... And to think that this is only the weirdest thing to ever happen by just a pinch," Elsa Bloodstone murmured to herself, musing on how, the last thing she remembered, she was idling about in her daily life, counting the days she'd been an affiliate of Braddock Academy now and the days that had passed since the informal disbanding of the Nextwave Squad. Clearing her throat, the fiery redhead furrowed her brow and placed a balled fist on her hip, gazing upon the Grandmaster without much of a care.

After all, he may have looked imposing and all that, but then, so did Fin Fang Foom, Dirk Anger, and Red Dinosaur Clone. And they all tragically faded from her memory as fleetingly as not-M.O.D.O.K. guys from way back when.

"Oi, Papa Smurf! I dunno what you want from me, but I'm not in the mood for games! So if you could be so kind, you can shove it and send us all on our merry way, and we can all be none the wiser," Elsa said. That was kind of a lie.

She furrowed her brow at Cassandra identifying herself as a part of the Captain Britain Corps, considering she'd never seen such a woman before, and said woman was a far cry from the Captain Britain that she was familiar with anyway (which was fairly so, considering who Braddock Academy was named for). However, her train of thought was quickly disrupted upon seeing a certain boy on the other side of the stage, causing her eyes to widen in disbelief. Indeed, it was her darling little brother, Cullen Bloodstone.

"Cullen? What the ☠️☠️☠️☠️ are you doing here?! I haven't seen you in God knows how long and this is how we reunite, huh?!"

Did something happen when she tried to curse? That was weird.​

2_UTz_SQ5.png

"No chance I could get a refund on whatever ticket was cashed to this shindig?" Miguel O'Hara, the Spider-Man of 2099, spoke upon gathering his bearings.

The predicament was quite a curious one, needless to say. After his run-in with the dimension leaping monster known as Morlun, whom Miguel and a whole multiverse of other Spider-Men had to team up against, the hero thought that he'd had enough of cross-dimensional misadventures to last a lifetime, and hoped to return to his matters back home, between investigating the conspiracies at Alchemax and bashing criminals' skulls together. However, if there was something he could imagine he inherited from the "original" Spider-Man, perhaps it could be his penchant for misfortune.

As they said, out of the frying pan and into the fire.

Eyeing the other strange individuals around him and against him, Miguel looked to Arcade and the others on his so-called "team," narrowing his eyes underneath his mask. "Common foe? I don't even know those guys over there!" Miguel exclaimed, pointing his finger over to the Blue Team, before clenching his fists, "Let alone you guys! I mean, shocking hell, it's one thing to expect blood out of this fight you want, and it's one thing to expect me to team up with these crazy, villainous looking creeps -- except for like, three of them -- and together, that's... two things! Two reasons to not go along with whatever you want from me, at least!"

"Freaky 'n kinky has the right idea," he continued speaking, mainly toward Arcade, gesturing briefly toward Selene, "Why should I be doing any favors for you anyway, creep?"

9dfd8f508ed2367681787323d36364e5.png

"Bloody hell... And to think that this is only the weirdest thing to ever happen by just a pinch," Elsa Bloodstone murmured to herself, musing on how, the last thing she remembered, she was idling about in her daily life, counting the days she'd been an affiliate of Braddock Academy now and the days that had passed since the informal disbanding of the Nextwave Squad. Clearing her throat, the fiery redhead furrowed her brow and placed a balled fist on her hip, gazing upon the Grandmaster without much of a care.

After all, he may have looked imposing and all that, but then, so did Fin Fang Foom, Dirk Anger, and Red Dinosaur Clone. And they all tragically faded from her memory as fleetingly as not-M.O.D.O.K. guys from way back when.

"Oi, Papa Smurf! I dunno what you want from me, but I'm not in the mood for games! So if you could be so kind, you can shove it and send us all on our merry way, and we can all be none the wiser," Elsa said. That was kind of a lie.

She furrowed her brow at Cassandra identifying herself as a part of the Captain Britain Corps, considering she'd never seen such a woman before, and said woman was a far cry from the Captain Britain that she was familiar with anyway (which was fairly so, considering who Braddock Academy was named for). However, her train of thought was quickly disrupted upon seeing a certain boy on the other side of the stage, causing her eyes to widen in disbelief. Indeed, it was her darling little brother, Cullen Bloodstone.

"Cullen? What the ☠️☠️☠️☠️ are you doing here?! I haven't seen you in God knows how long and this is how we reunite, huh?!"

Did something happen when she tried to curse? That was weird.​

Oh...

2aSDCyv.png

"I'm pretty sure we met during that whole Spider-army...thing." Peni replied over team borders rather awkwardly. There had been a lot of them so she got why she might have not stood out. Especially since that other guy had that huge robot.

Arcade meanwhile gave Miguel a friendly smirk. "Well if you want me to send you back I could, buuut it was already so hard to get you here I might just "accidentally" drop you into like a sun or somethin! And you better shocking believe it!" He replied with a wink.

Elsa would receive a similar response from the Grandmaster. "In a game of chess you don't discard your pawns when the battle starts. Whatever concerns or annoyance you have it will have to wait. As long as you are here you are tied to the games we have readied for you. Once we are done you can return to the place we took you from."

@Ver

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back