Contest of Mortals - Round 1

WiZ

The air was moist. Very moist. Like the inside of an Aphlaxians mouth. The crowd must have been dying of heat exhaustion inside the metal walls of The Arena, a box in space that housed some of the most brutal fights in the Galaxy.

Ladies and gentlemen of the crowd, I am Kith Corale, manager of The Arena and host of The Contest of Mortals! Today we have a special fight between a bird-man from Finnary

Kith pointed one of four outstretched hands at Robin, who was holding his beloved lance which he called Feather.

and an assassin from Mingas...

Kith pointed another outstretched hand towards Svetlana, with her pistol, shotgun and sniper rifle by her side.

Please welcome in the west end; Robin, the Angel! And, in the east end; Svetlana, the Dancer!

Tension was rising.

Contestants get ready! Your battle to the death starts in 5... 4...

No more turning back now .

3... 2...

This is it.

1... FIGHT!

(OOC: This battle is between @will30358 and @Littlemankitten )

As soon as the word "Fight" is said, I immediately start running towards the right of the arena and slightly towards the bird man. I take note of the lance that the bird man has, and immediately come to the conclusion that I must have the range advantage for now. Though that could be one of my only advantages, as he will probably be just as agile as me if not more so thanks to his race. I begin to look for some cover, after a moment I find it in the form of a upright barrier. I immediately slide behind it and begin loading my shotgun, putting in the rounds, as I believe the bird man will attempt to close distance as soon as possible.
(OOC: I'm assuming we can somewhat say how the arena will look as long as it is not to in our favor? If not then instead of going into cover I guess she just keeps running and loads the shells in)
Battle Log:
Incendiary shotgun: 1/3
In cover.

Rajah heard the word "FIGHT!" and looked at the female who he was going to battle. Though he didn't exactly approve of the blood he was going to shed, there was no way he was going to die.
He studied the girl. A little shorter than him, that would definitely help her. Gotta stay low.
Rajah nodded to his thought. This hazel-eyed girl looked like she was going to be a tough compet-
He noticed that she was looking at him and his lance, Feather. There way no way he was going to lose. He shouldn't die. He couldn't die. He wouldn't die.
Rajah twirled lance around before stabbing it into the ground. "My apologies, miss, but I cannot afford to lose. I have a brother to get home to."
Onyx... oh, what'd Onyx be like if he lost? Onyx was tough, but the loss of his own brother would be... well, tough. The black-haired girl seemed to think he had the advantage, or so he thought.
Rajah gripped Feather. "This will not just be a battle of strength. It shall also be a battle of wits. So don't give me that "I'm going to beat you with brute force" bullshit!"
Rajah stepped forward. "You seem like a nice person, but I shall offer you no mercy." Rajah sighed. "I am sorry, but I shan't lose."
Rajah thought about all the people he still had to go home to. Max, Camille, Jack, Onyx.... He wasn't just going to win for himself, but also for his friends.

This guy was a sentimental jabber jay wasn't he? Well, that was his problem... I start to pour in the fluid, which I called Hell Oil into the shotguns specially designed compartment that would send this fluid into the shells so when they went off they would set themselves and whatever they hit ablaze.
This guy was nothing new to her, but what was new was they he knew she was here long before she had properly prepared herself and formulated a plan, which immediately made this kill hundreds of times more complicated for her. She did however believe in her abilities to either outsmart or out power this guy, and since she was in cover, he hopefully didn't know what she had in store for him.
"Yea we all have a family that we need to come home to, no matter what this is gonna end in heartbreak for someone, so lets make it quick shall we?"
Battle Log:
Incendiary shotgun 2/3
In cover

Rajah smirked. "Too bad you won't be getting back to yours."
He pointed Feather at her. "To think that you are going to win would be an idiotic thought. You're fighting for the inevitable."
He got out his Cyclone Gylite. If she had a shotgun, he wasn't going to let her have the long range advantage. "I'm sorry for what I' about to do. Maybe you should just give up so your death will be painless. I don't want any blood to splatter on me, and if some does, it won't be mine." Rajah frowned. "Not gonna get out of my way? Then yes, let's make this quick."

A little beep signified the readiness of the shotgun, but instead of rushing out immediately, she put her shotgun on its holster and took out her pistol, as soon as her pistol is out and shotgun is secured she runs out of cover while putting a clip into the pistol, she didn't have time to fire it quite yet but she needed to move, she had to assume he had readied some form of ranged attack in that time. She skipped and hopped and zig-zagged through multiple barriers and other such obstacles that may be in her way, trying to make her as erratic as a target as possible just in case, while also closing the distance between her and him a bit.
"Please little birdy, if I'm gonna die, I'm gonna make sure you don't walk out on your own terms either."

I grin at the time he wasted just talking about sentimental BS, perhaps this would be easy.
"Yes, I am ready."
As soon as I finish the sentence I stop momentarily and fires off three rounds at Rajah, only to immediately start closing the distance some more after they are fired, and shoving another clip in.
Battle Log:
Pistol Fired
Pistol Reloaded
Incendiary shotgun ready

Last edited:
Rajah's eyes opened wide. Oh, she must be eager to die.
He twirled around Feather and was able to block some of the shots, but he wasn't able to block all of them, causing him to be blasted back. He jumped back, his aerokinesis giving him extra distance.
He jumped into the air and started blasting waves of air at Dancer. "Do play!" Then, he landed on the ground, rolled, and slashed at her.

"Yes, let us dance together the dance of death!" I continue running as I duck and weave through these airblasts, the last one however does manage to clip my leg and I stumble, stopping my momentum, which makes the opening that he took as he landed next to her. They called her dancer for a reason however, as she deftly dodges the slash by leaning back, she would then grab the lance and twist it around so it pointed towards the ground, I would use this as leverage as I attempt to bounce off the lance and upward kick him in the chin.
Battle Log:
Pistol ready
Incendiary shotgun ready
Melee attacked

Rajah took the kick in the chin. How could he have not seen that coming? He took back his lance with amazing force, causing a wind to blow towards him and behind Dancer. Then, Rajah twirled Feather around, creating a space where there was no wind blowing. After that, Rajah could dash at Dancer and attempted to punch her in the face. "You couldn't carry a tune even if you had a pickup truck!"

I stumble as he took back his lance but was able to keep footing, and when the wind started I realize he had locked us in a close range brawl, which I wouldn't complain about. When suddenly, out of nowhere I was punched in the face, I didn't even see it coming, I shook my head, blaming it on the sudden wind distracting me, I angle up my pistol and fire off 2 of the rounds at his right leg. Keeping one bullet in the chamber.
Battle log:
trivially damaged
Pistol Fired 2/3
Incendiary shotgun ready

Rajah was distracted as he was blasted back again. He tumbled on the ground and grunted before deciding he needed to use a move. But before that, she ran behind her and attempted to kick her. Then, she would've been sent flying, so he'd kick her again, again, again, and again until he decided to stab her with Feather.
Stats:
Charging Feather Lance.

I smirk as he got punted back, but that faded quickly when he got behind me, as I was planning to turn around I was suddenly pushed rather far. That hurt. Ow, that hurt again. Ow is he going to keep doing that? By the time I was kicked a third time, I decided I had enough of getting beaten like this. He seemed distracted with the kicks, doing it so fast he probably wouldn't notice me doing something. As he readied the fourth kick, I put my pistol in my left hand, he kicked off. I grab my shotgun and aim it up with my right hand. I wait until he's about to make contact with me, wanting as close of a shot as possible, in fact, I take the kick, but as soon as I feel his foot connecting, the shotgun was aimed right at him, and I pull the trigger.

While not the biggest weapon I had, it was by far the most devastating I had at close range, as soon as the trigger is pulled the compartment in the shotgun injects the pellets with the Hell Oil, then the shells are fired out of the shotgun, the explosion in the shotgun and the frictional forces as it leaves the barrel ignites the Hell Oil, causing the pellets in the shells to be set ablaze. About Midway to Rajah the shells would split open and unleash a torrent of pellets, both shells combined would total it to about sixty. When they hit their target, the Hell Oil would disperse and stick to the surface they landed on, very similar to napalm. Also like napalm, the fire would refuse to go out from most conventional means... Any pellets that land on his clothes or skin would disperse and immediately set the surrounding area on fire, a multitude of pellets landing like this would very easily set one of wings or all his clothes alight. And shells that pierce his flesh and go inside would then either pass right through him or get lodged in bone or particularly thick areas of flesh, causing the Hell Oil to disperse inside him and cook him from the inside. Even if he is exceedingly lucky and manages to shrug off most of the fire, the sheer amount of pellets will do a respectable amount of damage themselves.

Through the combined forces of the blast of the shotgun and the connected kick, I am completely flung backwards and scrape along the ground for a bit, rolling and eventually slamming into a barrier, sending large swaths of pain all through my body. I groan and softly pick myself up, looking at what damage I may have caused to him.

Battle Log:
Moderate pain
Small damage
Pistol 1/3 bullets left
Incendiary shotgun fired

Rajah was shocked. This girl was smarter than she looked!
He was sent deep into a newly-formed crater, his arm bleeding, but he was using wind to keep it in and to stop it from gushing out. Rajah stood up. "I'm sorry, but I won't die that easily."
Rajah teleported high into the air. He attempted to unleash a blast that would surely keep her away (No, it isn't Feather Lance.). He sent airwaves at her before firing a whirlwind of air that was creating a tornado aimed a her.

Well, he wasn't on fire outwardly, but he surely must be inwardly, I was to close to him for him not to be on fire somewhere, he would start feeling the pain inside soon enough. But for now, I have to get up and keep running, as soon as the first blast hit me I ran for some kind of cover, firing off a random shot in his direction with the pistol before I see the tornado thing. That cant be good. Just gotta run just gotta run, and reload that would help to I think as I slam another clip in, I look around me for some cover when he fires that thing, perhaps I can dodge it by putting something in front of me and it.
Battle log:
Pistol fired
Pistol Reloaded

As if it wasn't bad enough for Dancer already, Rajah decided that it was time for a move. He started twirling Feather, and feathers came into the air. "Feather Lance!"
Rajah not only sent more airwaves, but he also sent the feathers at Dancer.
Well, looks like this is-
"ARGH!" Rajah cried. His side was hurting like crazy. He sent two more tornadoes at Dancer. He was going to have to live through it. If he lost, then he'd die...
"NO WAY!" Rajah yelled.
He sent even more feathers at Dancer.

AAAAHHHHHHH! I dive behind a metal barrier and go into the fetal position, hearing the sounds of metal getting pierced and seeing some... feathers? Going through the barrier and some flying past me, thankfully none hit me. One the barrage ends I get up and quickly fire another 3 rounds at him, hoping to at least distract him for a bit longer. She knew the effects of getting cooked from the inside, and it was among the most painful sensations she hears, up there with asphyxiation. Internal bleeding was bound to be prominent, and depending where the pellets landed at least 2 organs would become non-functional or severely damaged. The fire would only last about a minute or so more though, if only his clothes caught fire, then he would burn longer, but moist innards tend not to make for good fire fuel. Oh well, another shot might be good. I load some shells back into the shotgun.
Battle log:
Pistol fired
Incendiary shotgun 1/3
In Cover.

Rajah started feeling hot. Probably just some hot air.
He quickly expelled the heat from his body by taking out the carbon dioxide. Then, he took flames into the air and fired them at Dancer. After that, he took the feathers back up and sent them at Dancer again.

I look up over the barrier in the small time I had without being relentlessly pummeled with wind, just in time to see the pain lifting from the birdmans face, and to see more feathers heading in my direction. I immediately duck back down as the feathers pierce through the barrier, a sharp stinging sensation runs up my leg as one hits my calf. I have no choice but to fill up the Hell Oil compartment in the shotgun and wait until the onslaught stops.
Battle Log:
In cover
Incendiary shotgun 2/3

Back