Convergence Award Show Nominations and Voting

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ver

Endearing Misanthrope
The Convergence Series GM
latest

Hey hey, it's that time of year again!

Now comes the end of a grand ol' cycle of Convergence events, and now comes our fourth Award Show! Hopefully, most of you know the drill by now on how it works; we do a first round of anonymous nominations for each of the given categories, and then when the top few nominations are revealed, then comes the second round on voting over the leading nominations!

Just like with before, we've removed some more categories that seemed a bit superfluous this time around, most notably the Traitor-related ones, since those were rather sparsely utilized, so now it's all just a bit more streamlined than before. While the awards are an OOC thing, we also make the "ceremony" itself into a non-canon RP thing (once the voting is over) where you can play past characters for the fun of it, though you don't have to do that at all if you'd rather just tune in for the awards themselves and all that!

For rules and guidelines on nominations and voting, here they are:

• Be sure to send all nominations (and then subsequent votes) to @Atomic Knight in a PM! This thread is just here to let you know what the categories are, and to promote discussion, whether in here or on Discord.
  • You're allowed to nominate up to two choices in the first round, but come the second round, you can only vote for one choice, naturally
  • You may not nominate / vote in specific event categories if you were not in that event (such as anything under Brand of the Hawk if you weren't in that for example)
  • You may not nominate / vote in the General Characters of Events categories if you've only been in one canon event thus far
  • You are allowed to nominate / vote for any character in given categories that have appeared in Convergence across main events, holiday specials, and side-stories (canon or not), even though such side stories do not get a specific set of categories
  • You may not nominate / vote for your own character in a given category, but you are allowed to vote for yourself in the RPers section

Funniest RPer
Most Originality
Most Improved RPer
Most Underrated RPer
Sir / Madam Posts-A-Lot
Sir / Madam Posts-R-Elaborate
Sir / Madam Posts-R-Weird
Sir / Madam Posts-N-Vain
RPer Most Missed
Best New RPer
Best RPer

Best Setting
Best Twist
Best Afterlife
Best Event
Best Ending
Best Chapter
Weirdest Chapter
Best Event Prologue
Best Death
Funniest Moment
Saddest Moment
Sweetest Moment
Weirdest Moment
Best Action Sequence

Most Badass Character
Most Angsty Character
Weirdest Character
Funniest Character
Best NPC Overall
Weirdest NPC Overall
Sweetest Romance
Strangest Romance
Most Mentally Tortured Character
Best Friendship
Most Unusual Friends
Best Rivalry
Best Alliance
Best Hero
Best Villain
Best Male Character Overall
Best Female Character Overall
Best Character Overall
Character Romance That Should Happen
Best Cast

Best Chapter
Best Character Prologue
Best Character Epilogue
Best NPC
Best Male Character
Best Female Character
Best Character
Greatest Moment
Best Death
Best Romance

Best Chapter
Best Character Prologue
Best Character Epilogue
Best NPC
Best Male Character
Best Female Character
Best Character
Greatest Moment

Best Chapter
Best Character Prologue
Best Character Epilogue
Best NPC
Best Male Character
Best Female Character
Best Character
Greatest Moment
Best Death
Best Romance
Most McFucked Up Moment

Best Chapter
Best Character Prologue
Best Character Epilogue
Best NPC
Best Male Character
Best Female Character
Best Character
Greatest Moment
Best Death
Most McFucked Up Moment

Best Chapter
Best Character Prologue
Best Character Epilogue
Best NPC
Best Male Character
Best Female Character
Best Character
Greatest Moment
Best Death
Best Romance
Most McFucked Up Moment

Best Chapter
Best Character Prologue
Best Character Epilogue
Best NPC
Best Male Character
Best Female Character
Best Character
Greatest Moment
Most McFucked Up Moment

Best Chapter
Best Character Prologue
Best Character Epilogue
Best NPC
Best Male Character
Best Female Character
Best Character
Greatest Moment
Most McFucked Up Moment

If you have any more questions or concerns about something I might have overlooked for the Award Show, do feel free to ask!​

latest

Hey hey, it's that time of year again!

Now comes the end of a grand ol' cycle of Convergence events, and now comes our fourth Award Show! Hopefully, most of you know the drill by now on how it works; we do a first round of anonymous nominations for each of the given categories, and then when the top few nominations are revealed, then comes the second round on voting over the leading nominations!

Just like with before, we've removed some more categories that seemed a bit superfluous this time around, most notably the Traitor-related ones, since those were rather sparsely utilized, so now it's all just a bit more streamlined than before. While the awards are an OOC thing, we also make the "ceremony" itself into a non-canon RP thing (once the voting is over) where you can play past characters for the fun of it, though you don't have to do that at all if you'd rather just tune in for the awards themselves and all that!

For rules and guidelines on nominations and voting, here they are:

• Be sure to send all nominations (and then subsequent votes) to @Atomic Knight in a PM! This thread is just here to let you know what the categories are, and to promote discussion, whether in here or on Discord.
  • You're allowed to nominate up to two choices in the first round, but come the second round, you can only vote for one choice, naturally
  • You may not nominate / vote in specific event categories if you were not in that event (such as anything under Brand of the Hawk if you weren't in that for example)
  • You may not nominate / vote in the General Characters of Events categories if you've only been in one canon event thus far
  • You are allowed to nominate / vote for any character in given categories that have appeared in Convergence across main events, holiday specials, and side-stories (canon or not), even though such side stories do not get a specific set of categories
  • You may not nominate / vote for your own character in a given category, but you are allowed to vote for yourself in the RPers section

If you have any more questions or concerns about something I might have overlooked for the Award Show, do feel free to ask!​
reeeee

Hey guys! So, as you guys probably know from Discord, the period for sending nominations in has officially closed, and no, we umfortunately did mot receive ten nomination lists. But hey-don't let that get you down. Us managers wanna talk to you guys, and open up a discussion about what to do.
We've heard your concerns about nominations and awards in general, and had a few of our own. It's no secret that this past year was a rough one for this group, what with the site change and everything. And with seven games this cycle, spanning over ten months, it's hard to remember everything. And on top of that we all have work/school/irl things going on, making it difficult to get stuff in. But at the same time, we've noticed that there was definitely a drive to get nominations in by quite a few of you, as well as general excitement about having a show at all. That was really the reason why we imposed the minimum and deadline-to see if people had enough interest despite all those things I mentioned.
So, we've been talking, and we want to see what you guys think, and want to do. Do you want an awards show at all? And when I say that, I mean, does the awards aspect-voting, getting awards, etc.-matter all that much? Because if not, we can still set up a little celebration type thing instead. We definitely want to do something to mark the end of this cycle, but we just want to see whether or not awards should be included.
So, what do you all think? Please let us know here in this thread, we're opening this up as a place to share your thoughts and decide what direction to go with this.​

I'd love to see a celebration like thing anyways just to have a proper end to the cycle like you stated. Plus I'm curious as to who voted for what and who voted for who :p

I'm with @Raynar Saassin on wanting to see who was voted for, and to see a proper end of the cycle at least, so yeah I'd like an award show. Heck, even if we don't have an award show this cycle, the alternative would be just as good I bet. :3

Oh! Yeah... I dunno if we can manage awards this time around, but some form of substitute could be nice, just as a landmark type thing if anything!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back