Cordova's Main Floor

Eleanor wiped away the tears that had escaped. It was understanding that the student was in shock. Even denial at her words. The younger female’s questions growing in volume at her. The substitute stood there, looking at her. She was at a lost for words, too many questions for answers she could not provide. It wouldn’t coddle the student’s aching heart. The strain in her voice was apparent. She was distraught, Eleanor wiped away more tears, “You don’t believe me.” She muttered.

Looking down at her hands, they were dried up in blood not her own. Eleanor couldn’t believe it either, the someone or something could do something so horrendous, it was…shocking. Like someone dousing a cold bucket of water on you, it freezes you up in the moment. Eleanor could say she was no stranger to death, her parents were the first ones to go then followed suit were a series of unfortunate deaths. Until it left her with her only kin left; her Uncle. God, her Uncle, who relied on her for everything even to pay bills that were stacking, weighing her down. But nothing in terms of reality could compare to seeing a dead person’s eyes staring right back at her, those bloodshot eyes would forever be etched in her memory.

She looked up at the student once more, “I…don’t know…” Her tone lifeless, the shock was still fresh in her mind. Eleanor was useless in a situation like now.

Rebekka eventually came out of her hiding spot and walked farther into the library, making it to the second floor. "Hello? Anyone there? I need some help. I am not sure where I should go... " Her accent was thick from fear. She felt kind of stupid. They probably could not understand her and she was probably just leading the danger right to her from talking so loud. She began to cry, feeling lonely and unsure of where everyone was at. "Someone.. Please help..." Her sturdy frame fell to the floor. She looked fragile, in fact she looked like she might shatter. She began to shake with tears.

Kira walked towards the shaking student, "Are you okay?" She asked the student gently. "Come on, It's not safe here." She told the student. Kira was concerned. The Student was crying, probably from fear.

Rebekka looked up and let out a sigh of relief. She stood up and went with her. She wiped her tears off on her flannel. She was speaking but her accent was so thick it couldn't be understood.

She guided the student to the library, "Its better you stay here while we figure out what's going on, do you need anything before I go?" She asked the young student, the student's eyes red and puffy.

She shook her head. She wanted to ask if someone would stay with her but did not ask. Her strong hands shook slightly and her barrel frame rose and fell with her deep breathes. Her hair looked more nodded than usual. "No... I'm fine... Ty...."

“I…don't know…” The woman’s response was hollow and it grated Camille’s nerves (and solidified her fear).

“ARGH!” She grunted and threw her hands in the air. Then she breathed in a shaky breath. “Okay, okay, fine. You don’t know. Then we need to find out.” Camille peeked into the offices. The entryway was dark and even from here, she could spot blood along the floor. “Okay,” Camille splayed out her shaky hands. She ignored their trembling and began pacing. “Is there another exit or entrance to the administrative offices, or is it possible that whoever, or whatever did this is still inside?” Camille looked to the adults hoping someone knew something. Hoping that she could do something than stand there and freak out.

His limbs started to ache in the cramped space. He gave a huff from his uncomfortable position when he heard what sounded like voices and... weeping? Theo ceased his shuffling to listen, but he couldn't make out any of the words spoken. He decided to try and pry himself free of the tight cage he crawled into. He wiggled his body and stretched his arms out to grab the edges of the bookshelf and wall, popping himself out. He gave an exasperated sigh of relief from the release of his muscles. Catching a glimpse of a girl rushing out the door, his eyes guided him to the other student sitting. He awkwardly rubbed his arm, not sure how to act in these types of situations. He dusted himself off and cautiously approached the girl.

"Hey- um... Are you alright?" His voice was shaky from uncertainty.

Even though the phone lines would not reach outside, they still worked for intercom purposes. A male teacher stepped over to his phone and nodded in determination while his students remained huddled up just like they had been taught during the many lockdown drills. He gave a thumbs-up to his students, the window on the door covered by a type of paper that would keep people from seeing in as well as keep from showing any light in the room although, at this time, the light switch was off. He inhaled deeply before exhaling. "You all know what to do if this lures whatever is the cause of the screams in this direction." He spoke softly to his students, all of them nodding and glancing at the second door, which was just a solid steel door that, when opened, would lead them out into the hallway and across to the library. Shooting them one final look, the teacher hit the intercom button on his phone and spoke clearly and calmly.

"ATTENTION ALL STUDENTS. THIS IS MR. PERRY. AS YOU ARE ALL AWARE, THERE IS SOMETHING IN THE SCHOOL KILLING TEACHERS AND STUDENTS. YOU HAVE ALL BEEN INSTRUCTED TO REMAIN IN YOUR CLASSROOMS. IF YOU ARE NOT IN A CLASSROOM, I SUGGEST YOU GET INTO A CLASSROOM IMMEDIATELY. YOU WILL ALL BE SAFER BEHIND THE DOORS AND IF YOU REMAIN HIDDEN, WHATEVER IS IN THE SCHOOL WILL NOT FIND YOU. DO NOT BE A HERO. WE WILL BE RESCUED SOON." With that, he shut off the intercom and waited to see what happened. If there were students out and about, he hoped they would find somewhere safe, and he was hoping that he wasn't lying that someone was coming to save them all.

She jumped seeing the ginger head boy. "Um.. Yeah. I'm fine. What's your name?" She jumped when she heard the school intercom. Rebekka had to fight back tears as she listened to the message. "What should we do?"

He saw her jump in which he imitated. "S-sorry! I'm.. uh.. I'm Theodore. What about yours?" She didn't get the chance to answer when the intercom blared a voice. The sound once again drumming his ears. He was trembling by the time he processed the message: feet pointed inwards, his arms tightly griping the book, him subconsciously chewing his lip. His eyes were up as if he could see the person the voice was coming from. He felt his pulse, which only encouraged the adrenaline, begin to rise.

He suddenly remembered he wasn't alone and looked back to the girl. "What should we do?" He was taken aback by the question, embarrassingly so.

"I- oh um...I uh- well..." He fumbled with his words, struggling to make a coherent sentence, let alone an actual plan of action. "I- don't know," he admittedly accepted. He wasn't one for much conversation, and he, defiantly, felt shy and small to the girl. He tapped his books for a few moments, weighing the options at hand. His eyes lit up and his posture straightened at an idea.

"What if we locked all of the library doors? We could always prop chairs against the knobs for extra support. A-and there's also tables and other items we could use if need be."

Last edited:
Rebekka nodded at his suggestion. "I like the way you think Theodore. Let's go do that." Her accent was thick from nervousness but she got up and went around locking doors. She then started moving chairs and tables, despite her shortness, it was obvious she was built like a work horse. She was strong from lifting logs and climbing hills, while pulling a heavy cable. She put tables up against the doors and then put chairs angled into them, hoping it would hold.

Last edited:
He gave a polite smile and nodded in agreement. He set off the opposite way of the girl and got to work. The library had four main entrances, so he assumed that she'd get two doors and he'd follow up on the other side. The clink of the latch echoed among the bookshelves. He heaved a wooden chair and tilted it at an angle where the back legs were positioned firmly on the floor. The headboard of the chair was placed under the knobs in a locked state. He felt proud of his small bit of work and moved on to his other door after pulling the blinds down. Theodore could only hope this course of action would keep them safe throughout the night.

Eleanor stood there, getting over the shock that was still in her. Her tears all but gone now. To a student, she must’ve looked pathetic. Being an adult meant you had it all under control, right? Wrong. Getting older only piled up more problems and here she was crying out in buckets. Giving the student a confused look, she must not know that she’s not familiar with the layout of the school, only the main hallways and the cafeteria—but that was about it.

Her voice stabled, Eleanor spoke, “I don’t know. I’m just a sub. I work in the cafeteria. I mean, sure, yeah, I sometimes sub for teachers when they’re out, but I’m not familiar with the layout of the entire school.” She says, wracking her own memory. Then, she recalled a map of the school of where the emergency exits would be. “W-wait, don’t the classrooms have maps of emergency exist in case of a fire or something?” She asked her, which was a right situation given she presumed the student went here for a while, though she might’ve been wrong.

As if on cue, the intercom above them in the corridors went off, startling the young woman in her spot. The voice ringing out all across the school. The fear came trickling back into Elle. She remembered the classrooms are all on the other side of the building, the North of the school was mostly just admin offices. “Let’s get you to safety first and see if one of those classrooms have them emergency maps.” She says, though fear still gripped her as she found her resolve to steel herself against it.

Back