Draconic Administrator/Mentor
Administrator
Mentor
Nexus GM
as written by Gideon

Mychar System, ~788 million kilometers from the star
Volum Sudichter I 'Vdeyk' - Pacification Fleet Micare
Fleet Sovereign Umberal Lokenja

"I care not for your petty concerns, Sovereign Lokenja. The will of the Collective is one that must be followed, even if it means excising pieces of our society that we would much rather keep. Do not think that their deaths mean nothing or touch me in no manner: Every death resounds in the Hall of Memorium and for that I know I have failed yet again. Questions as to your duty cannot be considered at the moment. Know simply that you must execute the directives of the Oberum Costaro and the Këshill. Peace be upon you, friend."

Umberal sighed heavily as the message from Allaris ceased, his mind easing into turmoil as the psychic intrusion ceased. Even if he had desired to shield his mind from the psychic network which connected all of C'ran, there were those with greater mastery than him over the powers of the mind. Being labeled as a Mthon Sumarëch with a Karech secondary title meant nothing to those that dedicated the entirety of their lives to the development of psychic potential, acquiring the title of Metarch among those of the Brotherhood Psionica. No more than a dozen people held such influence; Bashkim Setar was one such person.

Shifting his thoughts to the situation at hand, he took time to observe the situation around him physically. Military discipline required that all personnel operate at least one-third of their conscious hours in a physical state, utilizing the psychic network in only a passive or semi-active fashion so that physical sensation would not become an unknown experience and therefore a detriment to the efficiency of the soldier.

Dozens of quiet Sakari, Kethan, and Grecii shuffled around the room most, conducting some form of physical exercise while attending to their duties in order to maintain physical fitness and clear their mind of all thoughts except those necessary to operation. Several digital display screens were situated in various terminals, operated mainly by Kethan and Grecii, the less psychically-attuned species of the Meritocracy. A majority of the exercising Sakari did so in a trance, resting or utilizing the psychic fields.

Returning to his position, he connected to the advance flotilla, an arrangement of 58 ships sent to investigate the condition of the revolting planets. Out of the eight inhabited planets in the system, a massive number considering there were only a total of eleven bodies, five had reportedly declared themselves free of the Meritocracy's authority while the other three, under threat of destruction, simply waited. Knowledge of the action had not escaped the system for near five weeks, hidden purposefully by the telepaths stationed in the system that had seceded. Now it was his duty to cleanse the sector.

Approaching the nearest of the planets, the flotilla halted outside of effective combat radius. Umberal considered it too close for weapons could still strike out across the distance with nary a chance to react. Yet the operation did not fall under his command and never had. That responsibility fell to High Seeker Prefect Morat, a disreputable if effective agent of the Inspectorate. The one most suited to this mission. He alone of all the others in the Meritocracy remembered the turmoil of the Reckoning, preserved for his actions in the preparation for another cataclysm. A rebellion did not classify as such yet none others held experience in matters of large-scale suppression. Now it would simply be a matter of observing the process and acting when commanded to do so.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back