Question Creative Forum

Arcane

So I was checking out the Creative Writing section of the forum and I noticed that there don't seem to be any replies to anybody's work? There is also no description for the Creative Forum. I don't want to break etiquette or anything so I thought I'd ask, do people post their work in that forum for comments and critiques? Or is there a way to tell that is what they want? I also noticed that some stories consist of more than one post so I'm also worried about leaving a comment and interrupting their flow.

So that's it. I didn't want to swoop in with some long ramble about their work only for it turn out to be a display only kind of spot.

I think that is a great question. Typically, I would expect that if someone wanted a critique, or suggestion that they would ask for it. If you liked something, nobody minds getting a like.

If you would like to post your own work and then get feedback that would be great. Let me know if this helps, or if you feel I missed part of your question.

Thank you for your question. Like Silence, I've always considered that if someone wanted feedback they would express interest in their post, I tend to assume they are all completed works just to share. However, I think your question raises a good point, perhaps there could be a place dedicated to feedback. Either in the writer's circle or within the creative forums perhaps with a tag. Though that likely depends on there being interest in such a system. We'll pass this along in case this is something that the team would like to offer in the future. If you have any other questions or suggestions please don't hesitate to ask!

Thank you for your question. Like Silence, I've always considered that if someone wanted feedback they would express interest in their post, I tend to assume they are all completed works just to share. However, I think your question raises a good point, perhaps there could be a place dedicated to feedback. Either in the writer's circle or within the creative forums perhaps with a tag. Though that likely depends on there being interest in such a system. We'll pass this along in case this is something that the team would like to offer in the future. If you have any other questions or suggestions please don't hesitate to ask!

Thank you. I think just offering a way to tag it for feedback is perfect (a Feedback tag). Is there a way to allow for multiple tags? I'm only vaguely familiar with the format used by the Circle (Xenforo?) but I think I've seen others implement it (this is laughably outside of my expertise or interest). I mention multiple tags because maybe one could be made to indicate when posting for that story is finished so that people don't leave comments between posts, this interrupting the flow.

Anyways, thanks again for the reply. I'd love to stay updated on this. I see myself spending some time in the Creative Forum.

Back