Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh, shit. Morgana had mentioned something like this too. Uhhh...a cognition? Was this kid a cognition? Her eyes weren't all glowing like a Shadow's, and she wasn't wearing a mask either. So, how to get away with this...he had to think fast.

"Psh, duh! I'm the...the...the plumber!" Nice one! He brandished his steel pipe, slinging it over his shoulder and giving the cognition a grin. "Yeah, the plumber! Here to fix your toilets...and stuff!" Okay, so far so good...she probably didn't suspect a thing. Maybe she could lead him to the owner so he could let the others know who to send a calling card to... "I gotta go talk to your boss about which bathroom needs the...pipes. Know where he is?"

@Crow

Oh, shit. Morgana had mentioned something like this too. Uhhh...a cognition? Was this kid a cognition? Her eyes weren't all glowing like a Shadow's, and she wasn't wearing a mask either. So, how to get away with this...he had to think fast.

"Psh, duh! I'm the...the...the plumber!" Nice one! He brandished his steel pipe, slinging it over his shoulder and giving the cognition a grin. "Yeah, the plumber! Here to fix your toilets...and stuff!" Okay, so far so good...she probably didn't suspect a thing. Maybe she could lead him to the owner so he could let the others know who to send a calling card to... "I gotta go talk to your boss about which bathroom needs the...pipes. Know where he is?"

@Crow

"First of all, I'm a guest here. Second of all, I highly doubt that there's any toilets around here. I could be wrong about that, though. But if it's the boss you want, I guess I can take you to where the librarian is. Well, follow me."

The girl began to walk.

"You seem pretty underequipped and weirdly-dressed for your job. You one of those Su*** Ma*** Bros or something?"

@Yun Lee

The librarian, huh? Mementos had a full library? Okay, weird...but he wasn't about to question it. He had a job to do, after all.

"Hey, do I ask YOU how you do YOUR job?" He glared at the girl, getting rather defensive about his fake identity. This plumber thing was a good cover! "These are state-of-the-art plumber clothes! And all I gotta do is replace one pipe so that's all I need!"

@Crow

The librarian, huh? Mementos had a full library? Okay, weird...but he wasn't about to question it. He had a job to do, after all.

"Hey, do I ask YOU how you do YOUR job?" He glared at the girl, getting rather defensive about his fake identity. This plumber thing was a good cover! "These are state-of-the-art plumber clothes! And all I gotta do is replace one pipe so that's all I need!"

@Crow

"Suuure they are," as they walked along, the eyepatched girl let out a smug smile. "So Mr Plumber, what's your name anyways?"

@Yun Lee

"Skull." This he had no trouble answering. It was his codename here in the Metaverse, anyway. But man, this kid asked a lot of questions... "Where is this guy, anyway?"

@Crow

Nicola listened intently to what was read aloud, even if his facial expression might not have suggested such, but in the end he didn't really get what they were saying. At least, not how they could use the information.

"These stories of all-powerful dragons and multiverse seas and whatnot are fine and all, but how are we supposed to get ourselves back with that knowledge? Unless,"
he turned to Arusha, "You got a book for that too?"

Luna, meanwhile, completely tuned out what everyone was saying and just stared somewhat blankly at the books around them.

"This isn't very fun."

@Gummi Bunnies @Takumi @Crow @York @Archmage Jeremiah @Lucky @Jeremi

"Guess we've got all the reasons to check them out," Gran speaks as he begins to read it out.

"According to creation myth of the Sky Realm, the Omnipotent being that created the heavens and earths split itself into two - the sky god and the astral god. Leads provided lead me to believe that these beings might be the Primal Beasts Bahamut and Inchoate World."

"Inchoate Whatnow?" Vyrn asks.

"I'm sure we'll learn in due time, if anything it's probably in a different section," Gran adds, before continuing, "based on the speculated dragon-like original form of the Omnipotent before splitting, it shall be assumed that Bahamut was its shape, and thus, the being shall be referred to as Origin Bahamut."

"I think some of this seems just a bit baseless, Gran..." Vyrn adds.

"Better than nothing," Gran continues, flipping past a few pages, "What if other worlds had similarities to our world? It would reason that other worlds would have their own Bahamut, their own Omnipotent to create and destroy the world much like how ours does it."

"Yeeeaaah," Cagliostro looks towards Gran, "I'm not so sure about that. Seems very doubtful that every world would have that."

"Well, we've got a few crew members believing that they might be from other Phantagrandes."

"I suppose that speculation could apply to closely-linked or closely-related worlds, possibly even worlds that are drastically different from our Sky," Cagliostro briefly turns to Amira, "maybe something like her world? She finds the dragon on the cover familiar, or I'm overthinking things. Depictions of dragons tend to share heavy similarities, after all, as if drawing from a single unified source of legend."

"Closely-linked or closely-related..."

"The multiverse is described as Infinite. Do you believe that one or ten guys could manage the whole thing without at least creating lesser beings to help them out? Even in our world and presumably others, beings that govern and embody nature are present for each aspect. But what if we put that on a larger scale, equating aspects of nature to an entire universe or a dozen?

I know what you're going to say, Gran. And all I can say is - as long as we're in the dark, any card can be placed on the table to be eliminated later."

"You know," Kokkoro adds, "the existence of this section is rather convenient for us."

"I disagree," Arusha says, "quite the opposite, I feel. While some possess a degree of believability, most of these are solely theory-based. If anything, you will find a good deal of red herrings. And the thing about red herrings is that you can't differentiate them from the truth."

Yuuki ponders about those words, before looking towards Kokkoro.

"It isn't hopeless, Master. Each one that is not our answer will lead to it."

"While I can't pinpoint a book in this section that will achieve your answer, Ladiva, I think this book from over there might help in some way. The Sands of Time," Arusha says, handing the burly Draph before her a book. "there are a lot of topics in this like the Edgelands located in the Grim Basin, as well as the legendary Celestial Strait leading to the mythical Canaan, both areas said to exist in a strange place where time acts strangely. Maybe a similiar phenomenom brought you from another timeline to this one?"

"So you are suggesting that Ladiva-sama might be involved in a type of time travel?"

"That's one way to put it, but I wouldn't say it's accurate. Instead of travelling to the past or future, it's more of travelling to around the same time, except where a different set of prior actions occured."

"I see, I see..."

"Multiverse Sea... how are people even coming up with this stuff? You can't just slap two words together and call it a thing," Djeeta half-jokes as she read through the book she picked.

"It says here that its existence was discovered in the War of the Worlds that took place about 300 years ago apparently," Cagliostro adds, "I think I was still... uh... sealed back then. I've never heard of it. But if it what I think it is, then it should be in this section."

Meanwhile, within a very short radius...

"Oh great," Mirei sighs, "where'd Shouko go? Nono, stay here for the team, I shouldn't take too long."

"Bu- bu-"

But Mirei left before Nono could speak any further.

"... oh well."

"You guys notice how it's a bit more quiet now?" Gran asks.

@Gummi Bunnies @Takumi @Kaykay @York @Archmage Jeremiah @Lucky @Jeremi

The young man with dyed blonde hair would find himself along a corridor of shelves and books, his most recent of memories showing no way or means of him coming here. He was well capable of standing, looking and walking, the very state he found himself in when he awoke, as opposed to the expected pose of lying down and awakening.

Someone neared him. Was it beast or man?

"Hey you."

A feminine voice with a tough tone.

pkDlr6p.png

"You look pretty suspicious."

Before him, a girl, comparatively short compared to his great height and sporting a signature eyepatch, appears. She wasn't smiling, that was certain, and her fashion sense was built to intimidate.

That is, if punk fashion is something one finds intimidating.

@Yun Lee

Amira listened, and tried to wrack her brain for why it was so familiar.

NNrMpNv.jpg

"I think..." She started, though her eyes narrowed as her face scrunched up in thought trying to remember. Then she looked back to Gran "It doesnt look tok familiar, but I've definitely heard Bahamut a couple times while traveling!" She spoke, eyes lighting up and looking mighty proud of herself for remembering something like that.

shingeki-no-bahamut-genesis-0813.jpg

"Before I ended up here I was locked in a room in a castle because these dumb knights didn't want me going to Helheim after being taken by a demon, but I think that demon mentioned a Bahamut too? If he's trying to destroy worlds I'm not sure what that has to do with me, I just want to find my mother." She grumbled. If this Bahamut was sko scary, why were the Knights of Orleans so focused on her? Maybe she missed something important before being locked away?

@Crow @Kaykay @Gummi Bunnies @York @Archmage Jeremiah @Lucky @Jeremi

"Skull." This he had no trouble answering. It was his codename here in the Metaverse, anyway. But man, this kid asked a lot of questions... "Where is this guy, anyway?"

@Crow

"We shouldn't take long..."

10 minutes later, they were still walking along hallways, with no one else in sight. The one who referred to himself as Skull would've sworn to have seen the same area with the same book titles in the same order at least three times, arguably four.

4uuDUHB.jpg

"Man, this place is a lot bigger than I imagined."

@Yun Lee

"So far, we don't have anything on how to control this phenomenom, only mentions of natural occurences," Arusha shakes her head as she swiftly looks through the books on the shelves.

"Except we do!" Djeeta exclaims.

"What'd you find, Djeeta?" (Crow)Lyria asks.

"It says here about the multiverse sea...

As long as one knows how to navigate the complexities of the multiverse sea, they will be able to traverse dimensions with the simplest of galleons. The multiverse sea is every world's oceans, connected through a complicated route to get to each other. In other worlds, islands are seperated by great waters known as oceans and seas, but in our world, islands are seperated by sky and clouds. As such, skyfarers traverse more of a 'multiverse sky', and if successful, would access the sky of another world."

"Something's off," (Crow)Lyria adds, "based on what those Primals said earlier... they managed to find island-like ground and islands seperated by oceans, implying that they traversed this 'multiverse sea'. However, it's sorta obvious that they never did that before, and all of them found it by accident."

"I have a hunch that this 'War of the Worlds' it was discovered in might have more information. But why isn't it anywhere here?" Cagliostro ponders, then faces Nicola, "while I believe you have your answer, we might be skipping past one or two steps, maybe a dozen."

Gran, turning to Amira, ponders and says with a smile, "if you want my two rupees on it, I think that yours and Bahamut's fates might be intertwined. If you keep moving forward, you might even meet the guy."

"Yeah I don't know if she wants that," Cagliostro shakes her head, "Bahamut's a being of Rebirth and Destruction. Assuming hers is similiar, and assuming that there's not much in her world to rebirth... well..."

"Maybe she's being tested by it?"

"Maybe. No one can be certain."

Meanwhile, Nono places a palm on Luna's shoulder. "Morikubo is pretty bored herself. She's always like that when Mirei and Shouko are gone too long. Morikubo has to stay here to wait for them... probably..."

"I am certain that once Kyaru-sama returns, she will be able to help find your friend," Kokkoro consoles, "rest assured, Nono-sama."

"Yes," (Crow)Lyria ponders while reading through some books to help out with the process, "Kyaru's been looking for Pecorine for even longer than Mirei was looking for Shouko, now isn't she?"

cXAaI30.png

"So..." Nono continues her conversation with Luna, "what do you normally do when you're bored?"

@Takumi @Kaykay @Gummi Bunnies @York @Archmage Jeremiah @Lucky @Jeremi

Last edited:

10 minutes later, they were still walking along hallways, with no one else in sight. The one who referred to himself as Skull would've sworn to have seen the same area with the same book titles in the same order at least three times, arguably four.

4uuDUHB.jpg

@Yun Lee

"So far, we don't have anything on how to control this phenomenom, only mentions of natural occurences," Arusha shakes her head as she swiftly looks through the books on the shelves.

As long as one knows how to navigate the complexities of the multiverse sea, they will be able to traverse dimensions with the simplest of galleons. The multiverse sea is every world's oceans, connected through a complicated route to get to each other. In other worlds, islands are seperated by great waters known as oceans and seas, but in our world, islands are seperated by sky and clouds. As such, skyfarers traverse more of a 'multiverse sky', and if successful, would access the sky of another world."

"Something's off," (Crow)Lyria adds, "based on what those Primals said earlier... they managed to find island-like ground and islands seperated by oceans, implying that they traversed this 'multiverse sea'. However, it's sorta obvious that they never did that before, and all of them found it by accident."

"I have a hunch that this 'War of the Worlds' it was discovered in might have more information. But why isn't it anywhere here?" Cagliostro ponders, then faces Nicola, "while I believe you have your answer, we might be skipping past one or two steps, maybe a dozen."

Gran, turning to Amira, ponders and says with a smile, "if you want my two rupees on it, I think that yours and Bahamut's fates might be intertwined. If you keep moving forward, you might even meet the guy."

"Yeah I don't know if she wants that," Cagliostro shakes her head, "Bahamut's a being of Rebirth and Destruction. Assuming hers is similiar, and assuming that there's not much in her world to rebirth... well..."

Meanwhile, Nono places a palm on Luna's shoulder. "Morikubo is pretty bored herself. She's always like that when Mirei and Shouko are gone too long. Morikubo has to stay here to wait for them... probably..."

"I am certain that once Kyaru-sama returns, she will be able to help find your friend," Kokkoro consoles, "rest assured, Nono-sama."

"Yes," (Crow)Lyria ponders while reading through some books to help out with the process, "Kyaru's been looking for Pecorine for even longer than Mirei was looking for Shouko, now isn't she?"

cXAaI30.png

"So..." Nono continues her conversation with Luna, "what do you normally do when you're bored?"

"Tested by it? Fates intertwined?" Amira questioned, brows furrowing in confusion.

"I'm still not sure what that has to do with mother, but I want to get to her as soon as possible before something bad happens." She spoke in a softer tone, yet the determination she had was clear enough even if she didn't necessarily get all of what Gran and Cagliostro were suggesting.

"Does the book say anything else?" She asked.

@Crow @Kaykay @Archmage Jeremiah @York @Others

They had been going around in circles? For real? Was this kid doing this on purpose? Or wait... "Hold on a sec! Libraries like these always have secret passages, right? I got this!" Skull began grabbing books left and right, pulling them to see if any triggered a hidden passageway. "They always do this in movies and it works every time! Even back in Kamoshida's place we had to deal with a library like this! ...uh, when he needed plumbing."

@Crow

"Ahaha... I don't think that's how it works. Even if it was, this probably can't be a good spot to place a secret- what?"

It actually worked. The shelves before them began to part like the red sea, revealing a wooden gates equipped with a lock.

"You can't be serious."

It seemed that this lock had been picked previously, freshly even. Faint sounds could be heard behind the barriers, but what it was was not clear. With the pick lock, the gates were easy to open with some exertion of strength, but the eyepatched girl seemed a bit hestitant.

@Yun Lee

"We've cooked crawdads and lobsters, but saying that these bees are cooked the same way is like preparing all fish the same way," Tomoi responds.

"Don't worry bro, we've got one supporter over here, we shouldn't dissapoint. Now the only problem is how to cook it," Lowain ponders, "cook it like chicken? Cut and fry in tempura?"

Just then, the Grandcypher would begin to rise from the ground. All would feel the very wooden planks seperating from the natural earth. Up, up and away they go towards the great blue horizon known as the sky!

As they rose into the sky, the four titans from earlier, 'Primal Beasts' as they were called, hovered outside, as if greeting a farewell to our skyworthy crew. They were visible from the windows.

The one who introduced himself as Elsam earlier ran towards a window, shouting, "YGGY! WILL YOU GO ON A DATE WITH ME AFTER ALL THIS?"

"♫~!(I have no idea what a date is!)"

The jingle resonated from the tree lady in particular, among the four.

Elsam turns towards his two other 'bros'. "Bros, I think that's a yes!"

"I'm happy for you, Sammy. Speaking of pursuing happiness, here she comes, bros!"

Descending down the stairs from the Grandcypher's deck was Gran, Djeeta, Yuuki, Pecorine and Kokkoro, alongside a couple more people.

720px-Npc_zoom_3030005000_81.png

"So these guys, they're the new people you're talking about, Gran, Djeeta? Ahahaha, they're a lively bunch, best to let them mingle first before introductions. Why not I help Lowain and his guys out in the hearty meal that'll be served to them-"

Every single member of the Grandcypher crew in the lobby would feel chills upon hearing this. Even Cagliostro was on the verge of spitting her tea out.

"Ahaha..." Djeeta says, "I think the best favour to them would be to get to know them better. Come on, why not you say hi to the second Lyria I told you about, for starters? I'm sure she'll love to see your face."

"Two Lyrias huh? This I have to see."

"Perfect in all ways but one aspect, one very deadly aspect," Lowain expresses fear in his eyes as he made that comment, "I'm glad I never experienced it firsthand."

Another person could be seen, this one noticeably shorter and younger.

720px-Npc_zoom_3030006000_81.png

"Wow! These new people... are they really from outside Phantagrande? That's amazing!"

"Yup, these are our new friends from far, far away, play nice," Gran comments as he pats the girl on the head, "you're pretty easy to excite, aren't you? You're never this excited when we got new recruits on board before."

"H- hey," the girl crosses her arms and pouts, "it's not everyday that we get this many people at one go, alright?"

Pecorine and Kokkoro approach Lowain.

"You are Lowain-sama, are you not?" Kokkoro asks, "we have talked it out with Gran-sama and Djeeta-sama. As members of the Gourmet Food Palace, we will help however we can in your culinary matters in the kitchen."

"Upping the number to five for this while, huh?" Lowain ponders, scratching his head. "Either that Gran and Djeeta are bonkers for tryna overload a kitchen or they're thinking about something else. What can you ladies even bring to the table?"

"Bees," Pecorine grins, "in many different ways."

"Cool. Just the solution we need. You're in."

Pecorine then turns to Amira. "Patience, friend~. The wait will make you hungrier, and food will be tastier the hungrier you are~. Just be rest assured that that doesn't mean we'll take forever~."

Yuuki, in the meantime, decided to take a seat among the tables, tapping his fingers upon the surface. He figured that Kyaru would return soon enough, so he sat around as opposed to looking for her.

zPLhePL.png

"..."

@Takumi (KitchenDoor)

@Kaykay @Archmage Jeremiah (NearKitchen)

@Hahli Nuva @Lucky (WindowSill)

@Jeremi @Kaykay (Tables)

@York @Gummi Bunnies

And soon, lunch was ready.

The radical Lowain bros, Pecorine and Kokkoro started serving lunch to all.

Among these dishes, there was some type of dish - fried in tempura, red in hue.

What was it? Sweet potatoes?

If one were to taste it, they would feel its crunchy texture and a taste that would make wagyu beef dipped in thick teriyaka sauce and coated with honey seem most dull, as if comparing foie gras to waxy instant noodles.

Accompanying was a mushroom dish, prepared in a bowls with honeyed sauces and garnish and clearly used what the Lowain bros called the 'Myconids', polished before cooking, it seems. Its fragrance would make a garden filled with daisies and sunflowers smell like a room decorated with surstromming.

SU8POjL.png

"Woah! This is next level!" Vyrn pops beside Gran, feeding himself.

"Yeah, this isn't your usual work, Lowain bros," Gran adds.

"Well, us three are playboys first and cooks second, but these girls, they're cooks first," Lowain laughs, "I gotta hand it to you girls. Where didja two learn this stuff anyways? Cooking school?"

"It was part of my training," Kokkoro adds, "and every time I think of how it will benefit my Master, I give it my all."

"Self-taught, self-memorized, and a lot of motivation~!" Pecorine smiles, "but remember, real taste comes from eating with the ones you call friends and family~!"

"Anyways Cap," Lowain turns to Gran, "we've got a suuuper bad prob going on!"

"How bad?"

"Terribad! We're running low on food supplies. Don't think we'll last the week."

"Oh, that," Gran laughs for a bit, "not to worry, we'll just go to the Auguste after our little trip to the Hall of Knowledge."

"Oh? Is that music to my ears I hear?"

A man walks down the stairs from the cabin, signified by an eyepatch on his left eye and a good build.

LGww71V.png

"So, Auguste Isles is on the itenary, huh? Just as I was starting to miss home! I just know that nothing has changed about it, and that's the best part. Ahaha!"

Kokkoro and Pecorine proceed to join Yuuki at a table.

"Please, do have the meal that us, Lowain-sama and his comrades have prepared for all, Master," Kokkoro speaks.

"You won't regret it!" Pecorine says as she shoves one of those tempura dishes into Yuuki's mouth.

"Mmmm... Mmmmm!"

Yuuki was most astonished by its taste, so much so that his generally dull expression lit up most brightly.

"Kyaru should try it as well! She'll love it!"

"Yes, where is Kyaru-sama?"

"I'm right here, guys!"

The trio turned to the one who had just emerged from the corridor of cabins. It was Kyaru, her clothes now dried. Something was different about her.

NRSWC9l.png

"Sorry for taking so long. So, what'd I miss?"

@Crow @PriConGangTable

"Let's continue this convo over lunch, girls," Mirei says as she sits down at a table, encouraging the other four girls to do so too.

"Fuhihi..." Shouko turns to Saki, pointing to her bowl of shrooms, "... you gonna eat that?"

@Crow @Archmage Jeremiah @Kaykay @IdolGangTable

3990220000.png

"You two seem to be keeping to yourselves."

Djeeta's face was right in front of Ian's, sporting a general cheer.

"Is it going to be that way for lunch too?"

@Hahli Nuva @Lucky

@Gummi Bunnies @York @Jeremi @Takumi
"Guess we've got all the reasons to check them out," Gran speaks as he begins to read it out.

"According to creation myth of the Sky Realm, the Omnipotent being that created the heavens and earths split itself into two - the sky god and the astral god. Leads provided lead me to believe that these beings might be the Primal Beasts Bahamut and Inchoate World."

"Inchoate Whatnow?" Vyrn asks.

"I'm sure we'll learn in due time, if anything it's probably in a different section," Gran adds, before continuing, "based on the speculated dragon-like original form of the Omnipotent before splitting, it shall be assumed that Bahamut was its shape, and thus, the being shall be referred to as Origin Bahamut."

"I think some of this seems just a bit baseless, Gran..." Vyrn adds.

"Better than nothing," Gran continues, flipping past a few pages, "What if other worlds had similarities to our world? It would reason that other worlds would have their own Bahamut, their own Omnipotent to create and destroy the world much like how ours does it."

"Yeeeaaah," Cagliostro looks towards Gran, "I'm not so sure about that. Seems very doubtful that every world would have that."

"Well, we've got a few crew members believing that they might be from other Phantagrandes."

"I suppose that speculation could apply to closely-linked or closely-related worlds, possibly even worlds that are drastically different from our Sky," Cagliostro briefly turns to Amira, "maybe something like her world? She finds the dragon on the cover familiar, or I'm overthinking things. Depictions of dragons tend to share heavy similarities, after all, as if drawing from a single unified source of legend."

"Closely-linked or closely-related..."

"The multiverse is described as Infinite. Do you believe that one or ten guys could manage the whole thing without at least creating lesser beings to help them out? Even in our world and presumably others, beings that govern and embody nature are present for each aspect. But what if we put that on a larger scale, equating aspects of nature to an entire universe or a dozen?

I know what you're going to say, Gran. And all I can say is - as long as we're in the dark, any card can be placed on the table to be eliminated later."

"You know," Kokkoro adds, "the existence of this section is rather convenient for us."

"I disagree," Arusha says, "quite the opposite, I feel. While some possess a degree of believability, most of these are solely theory-based. If anything, you will find a good deal of red herrings. And the thing about red herrings is that you can't differentiate them from the truth."

Yuuki ponders about those words, before looking towards Kokkoro.

"It isn't hopeless, Master. Each one that is not our answer will lead to it."

"While I can't pinpoint a book in this section that will achieve your answer, Ladiva, I think this book from over there might help in some way. The Sands of Time," Arusha says, handing the burly Draph before her a book. "there are a lot of topics in this like the Edgelands located in the Grim Basin, as well as the legendary Celestial Strait leading to the mythical Canaan, both areas said to exist in a strange place where time acts strangely. Maybe a similiar phenomenom brought you from another timeline to this one?"

"So you are suggesting that Ladiva-sama might be involved in a type of time travel?"

"That's one way to put it, but I wouldn't say it's accurate. Instead of travelling to the past or future, it's more of travelling to around the same time, except where a different set of prior actions occured."

"I see, I see..."

"Multiverse Sea... how are people even coming up with this stuff? You can't just slap two words together and call it a thing," Djeeta half-jokes as she read through the book she picked.

"It says here that its existence was discovered in the War of the Worlds that took place about 300 years ago apparently," Cagliostro adds, "I think I was still... uh... sealed back then. I've never heard of it. But if it what I think it is, then it should be in this section."

Meanwhile, within a very short radius...

"Oh great," Mirei sighs, "where'd Shouko go? Nono, stay here for the team, I shouldn't take too long."

"Bu- bu-"

But Mirei left before Nono could speak any further.

"... oh well."

"You guys notice how it's a bit more quiet now?" Gran asks.

@Gummi Bunnies @Takumi @Kaykay @York @Archmage Jeremiah @Lucky @Jeremi

The young man with dyed blonde hair would find himself along a corridor of shelves and books, his most recent of memories showing no way or means of him coming here. He was well capable of standing, looking and walking, the very state he found himself in when he awoke, as opposed to the expected pose of lying down and awakening.

Someone neared him. Was it beast or man?

"Hey you."

A feminine voice with a tough tone.

pkDlr6p.png

"You look pretty suspicious."

Before him, a girl, comparatively short compared to his great height and sporting a signature eyepatch, appears. She wasn't smiling, that was certain, and her fashion sense was built to intimidate.

That is, if punk fashion is something one finds intimidating.

@Yun Lee
cTwP2JZ.png

Chapter 1: Sky Parade

Soon the gang found themselves off the great ship and walking on a floating island. The centre of it all that took the island's majority - that was the Hall of Knowledge, made from the sturdiest of stones and supported by strong pillars, which was precisely why the entire thing crumbled into smithereens when Sandalphon attacked a year and three quarters ba-

Anyways, back on topic. As our trusty band of adventurers, divas and other sorts of beings walked into the interior of this supposed Hall of Knowledge, they would be greeted by a wide array of books lined upon shelf after shelf - the walls, erecting from the floors and such, and hallways leading to all kinds of rooms. For researchers, it was paradise. For people who mainly rely on the Internet for knowledge, it was an utter, chaotic disaster made of paper. The three who descended the stairs back in the Grandcypher, as well as two more, joined them. No one else was in sight.

5ozCLtW.png

The wide assortment of ladies, gentlemen, boys and girls were greeted by a woman. All things considered, based on those ears on her head, she was the same race as those 'Lowain bros' from earlier.

lM1zrW7.png

"Well, if it isn't Gran, Djeeta, Lyria and Lyria and the gang. How can I help-"

She realised what she had said.

"- you..."

Another person popped up from behind some shelves. He displayed no traits that seperated him from a human. He looks towards Kokkoro first.

1wBhHkO.png

"Is that... an elf? I've heard they only exist in other worlds! They don't exist in Phantagrande in the slightest! To see one in the flesh? Unthinkable!"

His curious eyes look towards Kyaru.

"An Erune with a tail?"

"Johann, we know four Erunes with tails," Gran rubs his temples as he converses with the curious man, "look, I like tails, but I think you're overreacting."

"Four is a very small number! So, she is either Erune royalty, or..."

"Johann!" the woman exclaims as she pulls the curious man's collar. "Stop harassing our guests."

"But I've yet to see that guy's armour! Or find out what that second Lyria is!"

"Sorry about that, everyone. Anyways, I'm Arusha, I'm the one in charge of overlooking this library. Johann over there... well, he's just here to feed his brain, but he helps out when nothing's distracting him."

Johann, as he was called, pops up right in front of Sandalphon.

"You're the new Supreme Primarch, aren't you? I have to l- woah woah woah!"

"I think they need their questions answered more than you do," Arusha pulls him away once more.

"About that, Arusha-sama," Kokkoro says, walking forward, "we believe that the majority of us have been transported here from other realities. That does include one of the Lyria-sama, Sandalphon-sama, and Ladiva-sama suspects so too."

"Other realities... you guys have these a lot, don't you, Gran, Djeeta?"

"Yeah," Djeeta replies, "but never to this extent. Also the Primals mentioned something about the area where the Crimson Horizon is being replaced by... ground and sea? It's a strange thought."

"We do have a section about other worlds. They're mostly theory, though. Cagl- what? Oh, OK. But yes, we know the way. Come with us."

The Hall of Knowledge was pretty huge. All kinds of sections. Were you going to stick with the plan and go to the section about other worlds or were you going to wander around and see what other books you could find? There were all kinds of categories here!

It seems that some of our friends have already started to diverge from the main group.

"Master," Kokkoro speaks up, "it seems that Pecorine-sama has split from the group."

Yuuki smiles for a bit, nodding towards Kokkoro. Kokkoro smiles back.

"You and I both know where she'll be. Should we really leave her by herself though?"

"I'll go grab her!" Kyaru exclaims, a bit cross in expression and tone alike, "that Pecorine knows better than to just waltz away from something big... Korosuke, Yuuki, just focus on getting the info into your ears for our team until I return."

"That sounds good, Kyaru-sama. Shall we go, Master?"

Yuuki nods as they follow Arusha and Johann, alongside everyone else.

Almost everyone else anyways.

Cast List

Amira (Rage of Bahamut: Genesis) - @Takumi
Ladiva (Granblue Fantasy) - @Jeremi
Luna & Nicola Adel (Shadowverse) - @Kaykay
Lyria & Sandalphon (Granblue Fantasy) - @York
Nicholas (Granblue Fantasy) - @Gummi Bunnies
Nikaido Saki (Zombieland Saga) - @Archmage Jeremiah

GUEST - Ian Archer (Tower Prep) - @Lucky
GUEST - Jameson Locke (Halo) - @Hahli Nuva

4uuDUHB.jpg

@Yun Lee

cXAaI30.png

Sandalphon & Lyria
@Takumi @Kaykay @Gummi Bunnies @Crow @Archmage Jeremiah @Lucky @Jeremi

Sandalphon alongside Lyria boarded the Grandcypher, or at least... A ship that happened to have the same appearance and name as their own. Both could feel something different about it somehow, other than the occupants anyways, but while Sandalphon hesitated, Lyria quietly grasped his hand, giving it a light squeeze as she guided him forwards.

"Come on, Sandalphon. I... ... Trust them!" She said, a cheerfull smile on her face.

Despite what they had both gone through, she seemed confident enough that what they were being told, and what they saw in front of them right now could be trusted.

Although Sandalphon couldn't quite feel the same way... He eventually nodded, scowling a little.

"Don't wait up for me..." He muttered.

Although, despite his apparent protests, he let himself be tugged along by Lyria, joining the Grandcypher crew as they took off.

The two, despite their reservations began to mingle amongst the crew. Lyria began to introduce herself to those on the Grandcypher, beginning to chat up those around her, and try and explain the differences between the sky realm she knew, and the one they were in right now.

Sandalphon on the other hand, although he was just lounging about on his own eventually began to serve as a somewhat begrudging translator for Yggdrasil, and her unexpected suitor. Although he acted like he could care less for the outcome of this strange endeavor, he figured it wouldn't hurt to act as a liason of sorts, between a Primal and someone else.

When food arrived, Sandalphon just took to drinking some coffee, with a few bites here and there... While Lyria practically inhaled large portions, her appetite as insiatiable as ever.

In the end though, they would eventually reach their destination, where the two would begin to unravel the mysteries that had brought them here, one way or another.

Sandalphon decided to stick to the main objective, and though Johann's question to him was interrupted by Arusha, he couldn't help but laugh, breaking his usually serious composure as he decided to entertain the question, sort of.

R0kcSAo.png

"Once I find my answers, you can ask me anything you like, Johan." He said.

Although his face soon returned to the usual stern, concentrated expresison has he too sifted through the books, taking in what was being said, frowning a little as he thought about it.

"You mean to say... Traveling from our Skyrealm to yours is as simple as sailing the right direction on the Grandcypher?!" He exclaimed, his jaw practically dropping in awe as this revelation hit him.

So this wasn't even some convoluted turn of events, or a strange scheme of Belial's to divert their attention. Him and Lyria arriving here, could have been just a mere coin toss. But that still didn't explain how they got here, when they had simply fallen asleep in a field, waiting for a picnic that the crew had yet to come back from preparations for.

"But, that doesn't explain why I was sent here, when I f-... Was lost in thought." He muttered under his breath.

The young Primarch just barely caught himself before he admitted he fell asleep, and there was no way he would mention anything about Lyria dozing in his lap.

Speaking of which, the Lyria that had accompanied Sandalphon here was thinking about the whole situation too, rubbing her chin as she tried to make sense of the situation...

"Multiverse... Sea... War of the worlds..." Lyria murmured to herself.

One could practically see the gears turning in her head as she tried and tried to think deeply on this, but it was only begginning to cause her a migraine at the moment.

Just the, two of the younger people gathered in the hall of knowledge gave her the perfect diversion, distracting her from her thoughts for a moment as she came up with an answer to Nono's question, interjecting, though... In a friendly manner.

bL8HijL.png

"Um... Our Crew used to sing when we were bored. It was actually quite fun!" She said suddenly, a smile crossing her face as she recalled those times.

In fact, it gave her an idea! In order to stave off the boredom of some of the Crewmembers here, she was going to sing!

"... It went a little something like... ..." She frowned, suddenly realizing that the songs they sang usually didn't have words.

Although the tune was as familiar as ever, and so... Much to a grimace from Sandalphon, she began singing.

"Whoa whoa whoa...!"

Oh dear... For the moment, Lyria seemed to have gotten a little carried away by her own nostalgia.​

Last edited:
"I doubt it's simple-simple, Sandy, if it was, we'd probably drop the Grandcypher by the our favourite places every uh... fortnight, or month," Djeeta says, "just like we need a sky map to travel through the skies, we probably need a seperate time and space map to travel through time and space, maybe extra bulk on the ship to accomodate the different worlds. Maybe we don't right now, with all the mumbo jumbo."

"Oh!" (Crow)Lyria and Vyrn say in unison, before following the other Lyria's tune. Nono was following it too.

Insert Song Here

"This song is very simple, but it's still a nice tune for Morikubo to hum to..." Nono adds.

3030005000_nalhe.png

"Good grief," the woman from earlier in the Grandcypher, now among the group, sighs with a smile, "now there's two of them."

"Or four. Or five."

"Djeeta."

"OK, OK!"

"You guys said you spent a while proving that that Lyria was as real as ours, but I guess we've got more than enough proof, and we'll be getting more on this journey."

"Eeeh, I would've been fine either way. She's her, she's her. I would've expected differences."

Gran smiles at the sight, then turns towards Amira.

"If you're looking for any mentions of your mother... I don't think any specific person is mentioned to be linked to Bahamut in this. Maybe it was omitted, since different worlds and eras probably have their own rules on how the big B works."

"Big B? That's the corniest thing that's entered my ears since Clarisse called me granduncle."

"But it does mention the usual Omnipotent being stuff about how fate and destiny are being manipulated by it, and also how the half of Phantagrande's original Bahamut that became the Inchoate World embodies this through it and its extensive collection of allies referred to as 'twenty-two disciples of light and darkness'."

"You know," Nono adds, "the Major Arcana of the tarot cards come in a set of twenty-two, the twenty-second being a 'The World'. They're used to divine fate."

"Curious," Cagliostro ponders, "where are they from?"

"Europe, probably..."

"I have absolutely no idea what 'Europe' is, but it sounds like a red herring in the grand scheme of things. What're these twenty-two Major Arcana anyways?"

"Morikubo... is unsure if she can name them all at once... there's the Fool... the Magician... and uh..."

"Anyone else?"

@Takumi @Kaykay @Gummi Bunnies @Crow @Archmage Jeremiah @Lucky @Jeremi @York

Woah, it totally worked! Not that Skull doubted it would, of course. "This guy sure likes keepin' to himself, huh?" Ignoring the kid's hesitation, he took his rod and swung at the lock to get it completely out of his way.

@Crow

"Johann's a lot less helpful today- wait a second, where'd he go?" Arusha ponders as she looks around.

@Takumi @Kaykay @Gummi Bunnies @Crow @Lucky @Jeremi @York

Woah, it totally worked! Not that Skull doubted it would, of course. "This guy sure likes keepin' to himself, huh?" Ignoring the kid's hesitation, he took his rod and swung at the lock to get it completely out of his way.

@Crow

The door ultimately opened, revealing...

hYaLjOz.jpg

Another room? This one had more books, more scrolls, and a few other items assorted around in shelves, as well as wooden boxes to veil things.

It seemed that there were two people in this room - one attentively looking at books, and the other... uh... touching moss.

"There you are, Shouko!" the eyepatched girl says.

6HiWPe5.png

"Fuhihi... Mirei... I see you brought someone new... come join me in witnessing the moss on these tablets... this place is so untouched that there's a lot of moss on these things..."

The strange, unkempt girl, referred as 'Shouko', repeatedly rubbed her fingers on moss-covered stone tablets.

The other person, on the other hand, seemed to be finished with reading something.

3030140000_laugh.png

"Aha! I think I found it! Now I just have to- oh, you were with the group. But you weren't."

"Oh yeah, he's the plumber," the eyepatched girl replied.

"We had a toilet?"

"What do you mean 'we had a toilet?'? What the heck have you been using all this time?"

"Anyways," the man says, dropping the subject, "the Forbidden Archives are a staff-only place, and I guess anyone who came with Gran and Djeeta. I think the plumber will have to wait outside for a bit."

"Yeah, what's so forbidden about- what's Shouko touching?"

"Oh, I'm glad you asked! You see, during the War with the Prima- AH! She didn't drop it or anything, did she? And how did she get it from up there?"

The man pointed to some shelves with stone tablets, one slot clearly empty. Shouko was clearly too short to reach it.

"Well, I have what I came for. And I see that you all are lost."

"I am not lost!" the eyepatched girl says, pouting.

"Well, we're all heading the same direction either way, aren't we?"

"Do we have to go so soon? Phantagrandian moss feels sooo nice... fuhihi..." Shouko sighs as she rests her head on the mossy tablet, rubbing against it. Her palms grasp the sides of the tablet, and her expression looked like she was experiencing ten Nirvanas.

@Yun Lee

"Everyone... I sense... there's a lot of them... Primal Beasts!"

(Crow)Lyria exclaims. The other (York)Lyria could feel them too.

"Over here?" Gran says, shocked, "lead the way, Lyria!"

"Yup," Arusha shakes her head, "I know exactly where Johann is."

"As long as my Master and I are by your side, you will not be disadvantaged."

Lyria was leading the group towards something...

Meanwhile, back at the Forbidden Archives with the 'Plumber' and his new 'friends'...

"Come oooon Shouko!"

"Impossible! Impossible!"

"You're beginning to sound like Nono! Let's gooooo!"

All this time, the eyepatched girl tried to uproot Shouko from her spot.

"Woah woah!"

They toppled over, Shouko ending up pinning the eyepatched girl on the floor.

6HiWPe5.png

"Fuhihi... you don't look too bad this up close... Mirei..."

bVA8wYz.png

"Shouko... get off me..."

Right beside them was the mossy stone tablet Shouko was clinging to, slamming down on the floor, cushioned only by the thin moss layer on it. Johann picked it up and examined it.

"You're lucky that this thing doesn't have a single bit of-"

The tablet chipped, the miniscule fragment falling to the ground.

"-damage."

"Surely just a chip can't do too much harm? Right? Right?" the eyepatched girl panics.

"Maybe if it was holding one giant thing, but this tablet has in it an armada," Johann adds as he swiftly puts the tablet back where it was on the shelves, "I'd say three dozen of the few hundred thousand troops have been awakened."

The fragments rose into the air as they expanded into the elements of light and darkness. Baby-sized angel statues(?) popped from this cradle of chaos, each wielding a weapon as they fluttered their wings for the doors. Their baby-like cackling was most disturbing. They were swift, but they were slow enough to follow without losing. How bone-chilling!

EG1Lwvr.png

"Fuhihihi... whoops."

"Don't 'whoops' me!"

The group that (Crow)Lyria lead would finally reunite with Kyaru and Pecorine in quite the predicament with beings resembling angel statues.

These must've been the Primal Beasts Lyria had sensed! They didn't seem threatening, alone that is, but the flock was nothing to mock!

FJ5FEAI.jpg

"H- hey! Stop tugging my tail!" Kyaru exclaims, shaking them off.

daGDbo2.jpg

"Ain't that fierce?" Pecorine says, maintaining her bubbly composition as her blade pushes the various angels back with each swing.

"Don't 'ain't that fierce?' me! This situation wouldn't be that bad if we stuck with the others!"

"You mean them?"

"Yes, them- hey guys! A little help here?"

"I see the situation, Kyaru-sama. Master, if you may."

9iqolDi.jpg

Yuuki nods in response to Kokkoro's words as he raises his blade in a stance. Instead of swinging it, a royal golden aura would emanate from him, affecting all allies as they too would be energised by it, with the ladies more affected by the dudes. This very aura's purpose was to accelerate the rate in which one would be able to charge up for their Ultimate Attack, or whatever they might call it! Given how different worlds work differently, those who do not have a concrete concept of an Ultimate Attack might be affected differently, or they might even be able to use a never-before-used move based on an amped-up version of their current feats...

One of the little Primal Beasts shot an arrow through Saki's heart, causing her to drop dead. It looks like her Granblue Fantasy has come to a premature end-

-wait, what?

Saki did not even flinch or fall a single bit when she should've felt mortal pain. She glared the little Primal pipsqueak back in the eye. She broke the arrow barb off with her bare hands, before pulling the entire stick out. She began to walk in front of the group, not caring about the concept of tanks, supports and the like that these LARPers had. One would expect her to limp or struggle, or at least bleed, but none of that here!

She was a frontliner, no matter the genre, no matter the setting.

EbqI8ku.gif

"If ye wanna die, just ask nicely. Doesn't matter if yer a Primal Beast or just a Primal pain in the ass."

@Takumi @Kaykay @Gummi Bunnies @Crow @Lucky @Jeremi @York @Yun Lee

Skull didn't really know what to make of anything going on. So, was this librarian the Palace owner? Skull couldn't remember seeing this dude on the news or anything, so what was his deal? He hoped it had nothing to do with the girls here...Kamoshida was more than enough of a creep to deal with for a while.

But luckily there was finally something he could understand. Shadows! And lots of 'em! Still wearing their masks, it seemed, but whatever! At least now he had something to do that didn't involve that much brainwork. Feeling the surge of power within him, Skull grinned. It wouldn't do much for him, but it would do quite a bit for someone else who was along for the ride.

"All right! Let's take these guys down, Kidd!" Gripping his mask, blue energy surged around the "plumber," as a large being appeared behind him. A strange, skeletal fellow standing aboard a boat now floated in the air, eye locked onto the Primal Beasts.

latest

"EAT THIS!!!" Kidd launched an electric attack at the foes, though instead of being the usual Mazio, it was now the advanced spell Maziodyne, which had far more of a punch!

@Crow @Takumi @Kaykay @Gummi Bunnies @Lucky @Jeremi @York

"Everyone... I sense... there's a lot of them... Primal Beasts!"

(Crow)Lyria exclaims. The other (York)Lyria could feel them too.

"Over here?" Gran says, shocked, "lead the way, Lyria!"

"Yup," Arusha shakes her head, "I know exactly where Johann is."

"As long as my Master and I are by your side, you will not be disadvantaged."

Lyria was leading the group towards something...

Meanwhile, back at the Forbidden Archives with the 'Plumber' and his new 'friends'...

"Come oooon Shouko!"

"Impossible! Impossible!"

"You're beginning to sound like Nono! Let's gooooo!"

All this time, the eyepatched girl tried to uproot Shouko from her spot.

"Woah woah!"

They toppled over, Shouko ending up pinning the eyepatched girl on the floor.

6HiWPe5.png

"Fuhihi... you don't look too bad this up close... Mirei..."

bVA8wYz.png

"Shouko... get off me..."

Right beside them was the mossy stone tablet Shouko was clinging to, slamming down on the floor, cushioned only by the thin moss layer on it. Johann picked it up and examined it.

"You're lucky that this thing doesn't have a single bit of-"

The tablet chipped, the miniscule fragment falling to the ground.

"-damage."

"Surely just a chip can't do too much harm? Right? Right?" the eyepatched girl panics.

"Maybe if it was holding one giant thing, but this tablet has in it an armada," Johann adds as he swiftly puts the tablet back where it was on the shelves, "I'd say three dozen of the few hundred thousand troops have been awakened."

The fragments rose into the air as they expanded into the elements of light and darkness. Baby-sized angel statues(?) popped from this cradle of chaos, each wielding a weapon as they fluttered their wings for the doors. Their baby-like cackling was most disturbing. They were swift, but they were slow enough to follow without losing. How bone-chilling!

EG1Lwvr.png

"Fuhihihi... whoops."

"Don't 'whoops' me!"

The group that (Crow)Lyria lead would finally reunite with Kyaru and Pecorine in quite the predicament with beings resembling angel statues.

These must've been the Primal Beasts Lyria had sensed! They didn't seem threatening, alone that is, but the flock was nothing to mock!

FJ5FEAI.jpg

"H- hey! Stop tugging my tail!" Kyaru exclaims, shaking them off.

daGDbo2.jpg

"Ain't that fierce?" Pecorine says, maintaining her bubbly composition as her blade pushes the various angels back with each swing.

"Don't 'ain't that fierce?' me! This situation wouldn't be that bad if we stuck with the others!"

"You mean them?"

"Yes, them- hey guys! A little help here?"

"I see the situation, Kyaru-sama. Master, if you may."

9iqolDi.jpg

Yuuki nods in response to Kokkoro's words as he raises his blade in a stance. Instead of swinging it, a royal golden aura would emanate from him, affecting all allies as they too would be energised by it, with the ladies more affected by the dudes. This very aura's purpose was to accelerate the rate in which one would be able to charge up for their Ultimate Attack, or whatever they might call it! Given how different worlds work differently, those who do not have a concrete concept of an Ultimate Attack might be affected differently, or they might even be able to use a never-before-used move based on an amped-up version of their current feats...

One of the little Primal Beasts shot an arrow through Saki's heart, causing her to drop dead. It looks like her Granblue Fantasy has come to a premature end-

-wait, what?

Saki did not even flinch or fall a single bit when she should've felt mortal pain. She glared the little Primal pipsqueak back in the eye. She broke the arrow barb off with her bare hands, before pulling the entire stick out. She began to walk in front of the group, not caring about the concept of tanks, supports and the like that these LARPers had. One would expect her to limp or struggle, or at least bleed, but none of that here!

She was a frontliner, no matter the genre, no matter the setting.

EbqI8ku.gif

"If ye wanna die, just ask nicely. Doesn't matter if yer a Primal Beast or just a Primal pain in the ass."

Ladiva instinctively stepped between the group and the beasts attacking them. "Oh what horrible creatures! I can't even stand looking at them!" With a leap Ladiva tried to grab unto one of the monstrous winged creatures to slam it into the ground.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back