Status
Not open for further replies.
"Say, what happened to those weapons that just materialized in our hands a while back?" Mirei asks.

"We left them on the ship, remember?" Shouko replies.

"We what?"

"It was your idea, remember? You said we wouldn't need them in a library."

"Oh. Well, uh... oh, look, the Plumber summoned a pirate!"

"Let's not rush in too hard," the armoured lady that the Grandcypher crew would recognise as Katalina steps forward and casts a Dispel Mount.

Ability_Veil.png

All allies would feel comforted as they were shielded from one debuff should it come later.

"This one's for the arrow to my heart!"
"Tempest Blade!"
"Tempest Blade!"
"Hyaaa!"
"Hyaaa!"
"Hyaaaaaaa!"

The field of combat was quite a mess, it didn't help that everyone was indoors.

Arusha stepped in, dealing Chasse to boost the attack and defense of all allies, and Reverence to inflict small amounts of damage on all foes, as well as making the movements of said foes even slower, and the timing attacks more gapped and less coordinated. She then turns to Johann, "there's a reason why it's called the Forbidden Archives."

"Uh... that was my fault," Shouko adds.

"It's OK, I'll take full responsibility of the situation. I was the one who wanted to go there after all," Johann responds as he aims his staff at the wee little angels, launching spheres of light magic at them, "anyways, those Primal Beasts are known as Watchers. While the more standard definition of Primal Beast one might be more used to can be compared to heavy weapons or mobile fortresses, these ones are comparable to mass-produced foot soldiers. During the wa-"

"Trivia can come later, Johann."

Kidd's Maziodyne managed to slap a good batch of these winged pests to the ground, before Ladiva's attacks would shatter them like porcelain upon her slamming one onto the ground. The flock was smaller, but it was still pretty big...

An axe-wielding one prepared to slam upon Ian, but his abilities did counter it, causing the little axe wielder to be a bit confused for a while before preparing to hit Ian again, the reaction very delayed nonetheless.

One of the little guys aimed an axe at Mirei, barely missing as Mirei swiftly picks an ownerless axe from the shattered remains of its brethen, striking its back. "I've never fought naturally before."

"Same here," Shouko picks a sword from the remains and attacks alongside Mirei, "let's send 'em back to hell."

"Morikubo can't do this..." Nono adds, picking a bow and arrow set from the same source anyways.

An arrow was hurled at Luna.

"Luna no!"

Nono shoots an arrow at the Watcher that shot at Luna, knocking it to the ground, but she could not stop the arrow itself as its trajectory continued upon her little friend.

"Oh no..."

Nicola was being ganged up upon by three axe-wielding Watchers.

Nicholas was engaged by one sword-wielding Watcher.

A Watcher, unarmed from the onslaught, delivers a speedy headbutt towards Ladiva.

Almost everyone else, too, were struck with a range of different attacks, be it arrows or blades. They seemed to avoid Sandalphon, as if their mental programming prevented them from attacking him.

3050001000_surprise.png

"Woah!" Vyrn suddenly exclaims, "I think the next round's gonna be a big one!"

"You know what this means, Djeeta," Gran nods to his friend.

"Don't even have to say it..."

"All healers, get ready for the next wave's aftermath, as for me... ladies first, Djeets."

"Got it. PHA..."

@Takumi @Kaykay @Gummi Bunnies @Crow @Jeremi @York @Yun Lee @Lucky

"Say, what happened to those weapons that just materialized in our hands a while back?" Mirei asks.

"We what?"

"Let's not rush in too hard," the armoured lady that the Grandcypher crew would recognise as Katalina steps forward and casts a Dispel Mount.

Ability_Veil.png

All allies would feel comforted as they were shielded from one debuff should it come later.

"Tempest Blade!"
"Tempest Blade!"
"Hyaaa!"
"Hyaaa!"
"Hyaaaaaaa!"

Arusha stepped in, dealing Chasse to boost the attack and defense of all allies, and Reverence to inflict small amounts of damage on all foes, as well as making the movements of said foes even slower, and the timing attacks more gapped and less coordinated. She then turns to Johann, "there's a reason why it's called the Forbidden Archives."

"It's OK, I'll take full responsibility of the situation. I was the one who wanted to go there after all," Johann responds as he aims his staff at the wee little angels, launching spheres of light magic at them, "anyways, those Primal Beasts are known as Watchers. While the more standard definition of Primal Beast one might be more used to can be compared to heavy weapons or mobile fortresses, these ones are comparable to mass-produced foot soldiers. During the wa-"

Kidd's Maziodyne managed to slap a good batch of these winged pests to the ground, before Ladiva's attacks would shatter them like porcelain upon her slamming one onto the ground. The flock was smaller, but it was still pretty big...

An axe-wielding one prepared to slam upon Ian, but his abilities did counter it, causing the little axe wielder to be a bit confused for a while before preparing to hit Ian again, the reaction very delayed nonetheless.

One of the little guys aimed an axe at Mirei, barely missing as Mirei swiftly picks an ownerless axe from the shattered remains of its brethen, striking its back. "I've never fought naturally before."

"Same here," Shouko picks a sword from the remains and attacks alongside Mirei, "let's send 'em back to hell."

"Morikubo can't do this..." Nono adds, picking a bow and arrow set from the same source anyways.

"Luna no!"

Nono shoots an arrow at the Watcher that shot at Luna, knocking it to the ground, but she could not stop the arrow itself as its trajectory continued upon her little friend.

"Oh no..."

A Watcher, unarmed from the onslaught, delivers a speedy headbutt towards Ladiva.

Almost everyone else, too, were struck with a range of different attacks, be it arrows or blades. They seemed to avoid Sandalphon, as if their mental programming prevented them from attacking him.

3050001000_surprise.png

"All healers, get ready for the next wave's aftermath, as for me... ladies first, Djeets."

"Got it. PHA..."

Amira had quickly moved to snatch the arrow headed towards Luna out of midair, intending to snap it in half in her fist. Whether this worked or not, she'd be on the look out for any more while smacking the little angel like beings about with open palmed strikes.

@Crow @Kaykay @Yun Lee @Jeremi @Lucky @York @Gummi Bunnies

"We what?"

Ability_Veil.png

"Tempest Blade!"
"Tempest Blade!"
"Hyaaa!"
"Hyaaa!"
"Hyaaaaaaa!"

"Luna no!"

"Oh no..."

3050001000_surprise.png

"Got it. PHA..."

Seeing the angel make its way towards her Ladiva attempted to counter the headbutt with one of her own. Opposing forces and all that.

"Oh, Hell yeah! It's working!" With Kidd needing a bit to recharge, Skull brought out his own shotgun. He started firing off at any angels he could, hoping to knock them to the ground so as to finish them off with his rod.

@Crow @Everyone​

Ian Archer

Ian took advantage of his preflex abilities and would use it to dodge the attacks as quickly as possible. He would also look for an opening to disarm the ax wielder and get it for himself. " Now it feels like a true fun time."

@Crow

"I doubt it's simple-simple, Sandy, if it was, we'd probably drop the Grandcypher by the our favourite places every uh... fortnight, or month," Djeeta says, "just like we need a sky map to travel through the skies, we probably need a seperate time and space map to travel through time and space, maybe extra bulk on the ship to accomodate the different worlds. Maybe we don't right now, with all the mumbo jumbo."

"Oh!" (Crow)Lyria and Vyrn say in unison, before following the other Lyria's tune. Nono was following it too.

Insert Song Here

"This song is very simple, but it's still a nice tune for Morikubo to hum to..." Nono adds.

3030005000_nalhe.png

"Good grief," the woman from earlier in the Grandcypher, now among the group, sighs with a smile, "now there's two of them."

"Or four. Or five."

"Djeeta."

"OK, OK!"

"You guys said you spent a while proving that that Lyria was as real as ours, but I guess we've got more than enough proof, and we'll be getting more on this journey."

"Eeeh, I would've been fine either way. She's her, she's her. I would've expected differences."

Gran smiles at the sight, then turns towards Amira.

"If you're looking for any mentions of your mother... I don't think any specific person is mentioned to be linked to Bahamut in this. Maybe it was omitted, since different worlds and eras probably have their own rules on how the big B works."

"Big B? That's the corniest thing that's entered my ears since Clarisse called me granduncle."

"But it does mention the usual Omnipotent being stuff about how fate and destiny are being manipulated by it, and also how the half of Phantagrande's original Bahamut that became the Inchoate World embodies this through it and its extensive collection of allies referred to as 'twenty-two disciples of light and darkness'."

"You know," Nono adds, "the Major Arcana of the tarot cards come in a set of twenty-two, the twenty-second being a 'The World'. They're used to divine fate."

"Curious," Cagliostro ponders, "where are they from?"

"Europe, probably..."

"I have absolutely no idea what 'Europe' is, but it sounds like a red herring in the grand scheme of things. What're these twenty-two Major Arcana anyways?"

"Morikubo... is unsure if she can name them all at once... there's the Fool... the Magician... and uh..."

"Anyone else?"

@Takumi @Kaykay @Gummi Bunnies @Crow @Archmage Jeremiah @Lucky @Jeremi @York
"Everyone... I sense... there's a lot of them... Primal Beasts!"

(Crow)Lyria exclaims. The other (York)Lyria could feel them too.

"Over here?" Gran says, shocked, "lead the way, Lyria!"

"Yup," Arusha shakes her head, "I know exactly where Johann is."

"As long as my Master and I are by your side, you will not be disadvantaged."

Lyria was leading the group towards something...

Meanwhile, back at the Forbidden Archives with the 'Plumber' and his new 'friends'...

"Come oooon Shouko!"

"Impossible! Impossible!"

"You're beginning to sound like Nono! Let's gooooo!"

All this time, the eyepatched girl tried to uproot Shouko from her spot.

"Woah woah!"

They toppled over, Shouko ending up pinning the eyepatched girl on the floor.

6HiWPe5.png

"Fuhihi... you don't look too bad this up close... Mirei..."

bVA8wYz.png

"Shouko... get off me..."

Right beside them was the mossy stone tablet Shouko was clinging to, slamming down on the floor, cushioned only by the thin moss layer on it. Johann picked it up and examined it.

"You're lucky that this thing doesn't have a single bit of-"

The tablet chipped, the miniscule fragment falling to the ground.

"-damage."

"Surely just a chip can't do too much harm? Right? Right?" the eyepatched girl panics.

"Maybe if it was holding one giant thing, but this tablet has in it an armada," Johann adds as he swiftly puts the tablet back where it was on the shelves, "I'd say three dozen of the few hundred thousand troops have been awakened."

The fragments rose into the air as they expanded into the elements of light and darkness. Baby-sized angel statues(?) popped from this cradle of chaos, each wielding a weapon as they fluttered their wings for the doors. Their baby-like cackling was most disturbing. They were swift, but they were slow enough to follow without losing. How bone-chilling!

EG1Lwvr.png

"Fuhihihi... whoops."

"Don't 'whoops' me!"

The group that (Crow)Lyria lead would finally reunite with Kyaru and Pecorine in quite the predicament with beings resembling angel statues.

These must've been the Primal Beasts Lyria had sensed! They didn't seem threatening, alone that is, but the flock was nothing to mock!

FJ5FEAI.jpg

"H- hey! Stop tugging my tail!" Kyaru exclaims, shaking them off.

daGDbo2.jpg

"Ain't that fierce?" Pecorine says, maintaining her bubbly composition as her blade pushes the various angels back with each swing.

"Don't 'ain't that fierce?' me! This situation wouldn't be that bad if we stuck with the others!"

"You mean them?"

"Yes, them- hey guys! A little help here?"

"I see the situation, Kyaru-sama. Master, if you may."

9iqolDi.jpg

Yuuki nods in response to Kokkoro's words as he raises his blade in a stance. Instead of swinging it, a royal golden aura would emanate from him, affecting all allies as they too would be energised by it, with the ladies more affected by the dudes. This very aura's purpose was to accelerate the rate in which one would be able to charge up for their Ultimate Attack, or whatever they might call it! Given how different worlds work differently, those who do not have a concrete concept of an Ultimate Attack might be affected differently, or they might even be able to use a never-before-used move based on an amped-up version of their current feats...

One of the little Primal Beasts shot an arrow through Saki's heart, causing her to drop dead. It looks like her Granblue Fantasy has come to a premature end-

-wait, what?

Saki did not even flinch or fall a single bit when she should've felt mortal pain. She glared the little Primal pipsqueak back in the eye. She broke the arrow barb off with her bare hands, before pulling the entire stick out. She began to walk in front of the group, not caring about the concept of tanks, supports and the like that these LARPers had. One would expect her to limp or struggle, or at least bleed, but none of that here!

She was a frontliner, no matter the genre, no matter the setting.

EbqI8ku.gif

"If ye wanna die, just ask nicely. Doesn't matter if yer a Primal Beast or just a Primal pain in the ass."

@Takumi @Kaykay @Gummi Bunnies @Crow @Lucky @Jeremi @York @Yun Lee

Skull didn't really know what to make of anything going on. So, was this librarian the Palace owner? Skull couldn't remember seeing this dude on the news or anything, so what was his deal? He hoped it had nothing to do with the girls here...Kamoshida was more than enough of a creep to deal with for a while.

But luckily there was finally something he could understand. Shadows! And lots of 'em! Still wearing their masks, it seemed, but whatever! At least now he had something to do that didn't involve that much brainwork. Feeling the surge of power within him, Skull grinned. It wouldn't do much for him, but it would do quite a bit for someone else who was along for the ride.

"All right! Let's take these guys down, Kidd!" Gripping his mask, blue energy surged around the "plumber," as a large being appeared behind him. A strange, skeletal fellow standing aboard a boat now floated in the air, eye locked onto the Primal Beasts.

latest

"EAT THIS!!!" Kidd launched an electric attack at the foes, though instead of being the usual Mazio, it was now the advanced spell Maziodyne, which had far more of a punch!

@Crow @Takumi @Kaykay @Gummi Bunnies @Lucky @Jeremi @York
Ladiva instinctively stepped between the group and the beasts attacking them. "Oh what horrible creatures! I can't even stand looking at them!" With a leap Ladiva tried to grab unto one of the monstrous winged creatures to slam it into the ground.

@Takumi @Kaykay @Gummi Bunnies @Crow @Lucky @Jeremi @York @Yun Lee
Ian Archer

Ian would watch the creatures carefully and use his preflex to react to any attacks the monster might give with an opposite movement that would cause them problems. "Preflex, don't fail me now."

@Takumi @Kaykay @Gummi Bunnies @Crow @Jeremi @York @Yun Lee

"We what?"

Ability_Veil.png

"Tempest Blade!"
"Tempest Blade!"
"Hyaaa!"
"Hyaaa!"
"Hyaaaaaaa!"

"Luna no!"

"Oh no..."

3050001000_surprise.png

"Got it. PHA..."

Sandalphon & Lyria
@Takumi @Kaykay @Gummi Bunnies @Crow @Jeremi @Yun Lee @Lucky

Sandalphon rubbed his chin, musing over the concept... He did remember poring over the map Gran and the crew had been pieceing together once before.

Initially, the concept confused him, as he was always able to fly around on his wings, not to mention just being on deck while the ship was in motion made him a little nauseous. However, now that he thought about it, Djeeta was onto something; ships needed the right map to traverse the sky realm. Thus, being able to traverse through time and space must require a 'map' by itself.

Not just that, but considering that this world seemingly had two singularities, perhaps things are a little more complicated than they seemed.

Finally, he decided to break the silence and ask Djeeta about something.

"Are you a singularity as well? ... You have the same kind of aura Gran does..." He said, though unfortunately he likely wouldn't get an answer in time, as both Lyrias suddenly felt something at the same time.

His Lyria quietly grabbed him by the hand as she began to lead him somewhere without a word, even as Sandalphon sturggled to wrench his hand free, feeling a little flustered about this sudden motion.

Usually she treated Gran this way, but since the singularity of his world wasn't here, was she treating him like the singularity?

Regardless, once they arrived, Sandalphon managed to wrench his hand from Lyria's grasp, causing her eyes to flutter open as she realized what she had been doing, but before either of them could even say anything, their attention turned towards some angelic creatures that Sandalphon seemed to recognize.

"Watchers!" He shouted.

Seeing them strike at the group, Lyria began to mutter some kind of incantation, a strange... Magical aura radiating from her. Those who felt its effects started to feel more resilient as a result, like they could fight on forever and shrug off any negative effects, at least for now.

As the battle raged on, and others joined the fray, Sandalphon grew impatient, seeing that the Watchers were merely trying to avoid swings from his blade rather than fight him, even despite giving the others a run for their money.

In the end, he had enough... And he seemed to be preparing to unleash the full power of the Supreme Primarch, six white wings sprouting from his back as he let out a defeaning shout.

sT2tsMj.png

"I've had enough of playing cat and mouse! I'm finishing this, right here, right now!" He shouted, moving right into the middle of the fray.

Building up divine energy within his body, he prepared to launch himself as far up into the air as he could, letting out the cry that ended countless other foes back at home.

"Paradise... L-...!"

Suddenly, someone got in his way, causing Sandalphon to hesitate.

There was a lingering look of concentration on Lyria's face, even as she stopped Sandalphon from going through with his attack, as she seemed to be trying to protect her allies with her magic... Even as she was trying to speak to Sandalphon, but it was evident that something had suddenly occurred to her as she observed the watchers.

KOTBmrG.png

"Wait! If they're not attacking you, there must be another way to end this!" She cried.

There was this look of confusion, then thought on Sandalphon's face as he recalled how reluctant the Watchers were to even go near him. Thinking for a few moments, he started to realize what Lyria was trying to drive at, and suddenly shouted towards the Watchers, wondering if they would follow his orders.

"Hey! Leave them alone, Watchers!" He shouted.

If it was clear this wasn't going to work... There was no doubt that he would finish what he had started, assuming Lyria, or someone else didn't get in his way of course.​

"... LANX!"

Gran and Djeeta both pulled big, circular shields from nothingness and raised them.

"Don't count us out!"

(Crow)Lyria and Vyrn appeared to their sides, pulling similiar shields from nothingness as well to flank them

oVpOcit.jpg

"Where do these guys even put those things?" Saki questions, looking in shock.

Ability_Phalanx.png

A spherical barrier then formed around each and everyone, before they shrunk to coat their skins, appearing invisible. Now that Phalanx was active for this round and this round alone, everyone would get a 70% damage cut.

Amira had successfully slapped the Watchers away as they fell, number by number, but they rose up again, this time with cracks on their skin.

The resulting collision between Ladiva and the unarmed Watcher resulted in the Watcher's cranium being stabbed by one of Ladiva's horns as it struggled, its baby arms and legs flailing, but instead of flesh peeling, it was fragments resembling stained glass and ceramics falling to the ground. Whatever its next move was meant to be, it was now immobilized.

The 'Plumber' did some damage, cracking some holes and lines on the little Watchers. Each shot was a step closer to seeing these guys defeated.

Ian was successful in his attack. His opponent, now unarmed, however, seemed to pause, preparing an attack...

... was this part of the 'big one'?

Sandalphon's attempts to command the little Primals were unsuccessful.

"About your earlier question," Djeeta responds to Sandalphon, "that's what some guys call Gran and me. The other you, Belial, the Primarch disciples... oh, brace yourselves, everyone!"

The various Watchers had ultimate attacks of their own. Some fired arrows that turned into crimson energy blasts, others slammed swords and axes heavily, the unarmed ones charged with powerful headbutts fueled by dark, crimson auras, and some helped with boosting the attacks of their allies, or debuffing allies, which, thanks to Katalina's and (York)Lyria's efforts, were dispelled oh so easily.

The Watcher directly in front of Ian was ready to strike with such a point-blank headbutt!

If it weren't for Gran and Djeeta's Phalanx, very heavy damages would occur. But since the damages were lightened, healing would be made easier.

80px-Ability_Refresh_All.png

"Fight~ fight~" Cagliostro chimed a motivational voice as she cast Nehushtan, giving everyone the refresh buff where each turn(or every while), they would gain health back, as well as a boost to their dark elemental attacks.

latest

"Feel the combined power of my master and me... my Union Burst... Aurora..." Kokkoro chants as she cast a spell to heal everyone. All were soothed-

j95OgO6.png

"ZZZBBBLLLLAAAAAAAAUUUGGGHHH! WHAT THE ACTUAL HELL!? THIS HURTS, YOU KNOW THAT!"

The soothing dusts of the wind fairies Kokkoro conjured for this Union Burst transformed into green lightning specifically when it was landing on Saki!

"What just happened?" Nono asks.

"I think I heard of this in one of Sana's tabletop game guideli- woah!" Mirei says, before dodging an incoming Watcher that attempted to slam an axe into her neck, before it descended and crashed into the floor. Mirei slammed it with her axe, finishing it as it shattered into many pieces.

"They're a lot weaker now, I think we'll be able to finish them once and for all now," Gran says.

"Count on it!" Djeeta continues.

PFAsXBQ.jpg

They both began to wield two swords each, previously pulling the second out of another sheathe, waltzing into the fray of Watchers, slashing at them as a new set of armour formed and folded onto their bodies.

"Dual Arts Tempest Blade!"

Others, too, unleashed their attacks upon the weakened, crackling, Watcher armada.

"Princess Strike!"
"Grimburst!"
"Opus Magna!"
"Super Individuals ∀ttack!"
"Ugh... I can't move... gah!"
"Scion of Flame... heed my call to your name... Bahamut!"

Well, it was time to wrap this up and move on to business.

Last edited:
"... LANX!"

Gran and Djeeta both pulled big, circular shields from nothingness and raised them.

"Don't count us out!"

(Crow)Lyria and Vyrn appeared to their sides, pulling similiar shields from nothingness as well to flank them

oVpOcit.jpg

Ability_Phalanx.png

A spherical barrier then formed around each and everyone, before they shrunk to coat their skins, appearing invisible. Now that Phalanx was active for this round and this round alone, everyone would get a 70% damage cut.

Amira had successfully slapped the Watchers away as they fell, number by number, but they rose up again, this time with cracks on their skin.

The resulting collision between Ladiva and the unarmed Watcher resulted in the Watcher's cranium being stabbed by one of Ladiva's horns as it struggled, its baby arms and legs flailing, but instead of flesh peeling, it was fragments resembling stained glass and ceramics falling to the ground. Whatever its next move was meant to be, it was now immobilized.

The 'Plumber' did some damage, cracking some holes and lines on the little Watchers. Each shot was a step closer to seeing these guys defeated.

Ian was successful in his attack. His opponent, now unarmed, however, seemed to pause, preparing an attack...

"About your earlier question," Djeeta responds to Sandalphon, "that's what some guys call Gran and me. The other you, Belial, the Primarch disciples... oh, brace yourselves, everyone!"

The various Watchers had ultimate attacks of their own. Some fired arrows that turned into crimson energy blasts, others slammed swords and axes heavily, the unarmed ones charged with powerful headbutts fueled by dark, crimson auras, and some helped with boosting the attacks of their allies, or debuffing allies, which, thanks to Katalina's and (York)Lyria's efforts, were dispelled oh so easily.

The Watcher directly in front of Ian was ready to strike with such a point-blank headbutt!

If it weren't for Gran and Djeeta's Phalanx, very heavy damages would occur. But since the damages were lightened, healing would be made easier.

"Fight~ fight~" Cagliostro chimed a motivational voice as she cast Nehushtan, giving everyone the refresh buff where each turn(or every while), they would gain health back, as well as a boost to their dark elemental attacks.

latest

"Feel the combined power of my master and me... my Union Burst... Aurora..." Kokkoro chants as she cast a spell to heal everyone. All were soothed-

tumblr_inline_pksb3pPlJo1rmzk8m_400.jpg

"ZZZBBBLLLLAAAAAAAAUUUGGGHHH! WHAT THE ACTUAL HELL!? THIS HURTS, YOU KNOW THAT!"

The soothing dusts of the wind fairies Kokkoro conjured for this Union Burst transformed into green lightning specifically when it was landing on Saki!

"I think I heard of this in one of Sana's tabletop game guideli- woah!" Mirei says, before dodging an incoming Watcher that attempted to slam an axe into her neck, before it descended and crashed into the floor. Mirei slammed it with her axe, finishing it as it shattered into many pieces.

"They're a lot weaker now, I think we'll be able to finish them once and for all now," Gran says.

PFAsXBQ.jpg

They both began to wield two swords each, previously pulling the second out of another sheathe, waltzing into the fray of Watchers, slashing at them as a new set of armour formed and folded onto their bodies.

Others, too, unleashed their attacks upon the weakened, crackling, Watcher armada.

"Princess Strike!"
"Grimburst!"
"Opus Magna!"

Oh gross, Ladiva wasn't expecting this. She did her best to try and shake the little angel off her horn before looking around to see if anyone else needed any help. Though it seemed Gran and Djeeta had it covered. "Splendid work you two! Let's push back these horrible gremlins so that we can continue on with our search!"

Ian Archer

Ian didn't take a second to breath a sigh of relief. He knew better than to underestimate his opponent. Coach had taught him that.

He used his preflex to watch any movement of enemies nearby;

Ian, his preflex showing him that would aim to strike the head with the axe he had just gotten from the watcher.

@Crow

"... LANX!"

"Don't count us out!"

oVpOcit.jpg

Ability_Phalanx.png

latest

tumblr_inline_pksb3pPlJo1rmzk8m_400.jpg

PFAsXBQ.jpg

"Princess Strike!"
"Grimburst!"
"Opus Magna!"

Oh gross, Ladiva wasn't expecting this. She did her best to try and shake the little angel off her horn before looking around to see if anyone else needed any help. Though it seemed Gran and Djeeta had it covered. "Splendid work you two! Let's push back these horrible gremlins so that we can continue on with our search!"

Ian Archer

Ian didn't take a second to breath a sigh of relief. He knew better than to underestimate his opponent. Coach had taught him that.

He used his preflex to watch any movement of enemies nearby;

Ian, his preflex showing him that would aim to strike the head with the axe he had just gotten from the watcher.

@Crow
Lyria & Sandalphon
@Takumi @Kaykay @Gummi Bunnies @Crow @Jeremi @Yun Lee @Lucky

Realizing Sandalphon's commands weren't working, Lyria frowned, locking eyes with Sandalphon, as the latter nodded... His wings flaring as he prepared once more to finish off the watchers.

Though, Sandalphon did pause to address Djeeta's answer, looking a little intrigued.

"Two singularities, huh...? I wonder..." He trailed off a little, as he remembered the Watchers.

This time, as Sandalphon prepared to finish them off, Lyria complemented his tactics, she too realizing these creatures were a lost cause. Whatever motivated them to attack seemed not to be swayed by even the Supreme Primarch's commands.

YPJwp3d.png

"With the tide of Leviathan, and flames of Colossus... I grant us the power to heal our wounds, and the strength to defeat our foes!" She said.

There was some additional incantations in a more ancient language... But all of a sudden, everyone began to feel strengthened, and their wounds that they may have sustained had suddenly begun to regenerate.

With the power of the elements, this seemed to work in tandem with the protection Gran and Djeeta provided, before they changed tactics. In some ways, they reminded both of the two of the Gran back at home... Which brought a sense of comfort to Lyria, and a renewed feeling of determination to Sandalphon.

rPqlT4M.png

"Let's sound the bell of judgement... Ain, Soph, Aur!!!" He shouted.

Poised in the sky, he bombarded the Watchers with bolts of holy light... Alongside the others, this should in theory be enough to finish off the Watchers.​

Ain Soph Aur was the icing on the cake of decimation as all fell. Every contribution, big or small, lead to the ultimate downfall of these bountiful mooks.

yKV9kap.png

"Thanks!"
"Good work!"

"Do you get the feeling that those two just broke?"
"It's just your imagination, Mirei."

With that, the last of the Watcher Armada was finished-

aH1IPCP.png

"Wait, this isn't right, I sense three more!" (Crow)Lyria, in shock, exclaims as three more Watchers dash from behind towards Yuuki.

"Ma-"

Before anything else could be said, Yuuki sheathed his current sword and unsheathed a second one - this one having some semblance to technology. The teeth that decorated its edges glowed brightly as they danced and rotated about the contours of the blade.

XdRU1nh.jpg

SCHWWWHHHIIIRRRRRRNG

With a radial slash, the three Watchers were swiftly smited, their dusty little particles falling to the ground.

"Woah! That's not ba- wait, how come you've never done that before?" Kyaru looks towards Yuuki.

"Maybe I spoiled him too much, but that's not a bad thing," Kokkoro cusps her palms on her cheeks.

"Not a bad thing? Between you three, I don't know what I'm going to do."

"Well, this is a mess that will take a while to fix up."

"Now that this dilemma has been solved," Johann speaks up, "I'd like to share with you all my findings. These ones in particular might prove fruitful compared to what one can access through allowed means."

"But first, there's one thing I need to do. I should explain things to our Plumber," Mirei says, a mildly different tone with the last word, then turns to the Skull-faced man, seeming to catch on, "maybe going through the entrance should help you a bit. Come with us. Shouko, you're with me."

Mirei and Shouko sling Saki over their shoulders.

"Gaaah..."

"You know, she's lighter than she looks."

"Aren't most idols?"

"Yeah, some of those weight profiles in our agency do look suspicious, maybe I was digging too deep. Maybe they are accurate."

"And Morikubo... goes with the others?"

"Take it for the team, Nono. After what Shouko did, she's not going there again, not without one of us."

Yuuki looks towards Kokkoro for a bit and nods, seeming to exchange a few words.

"Are you sure about this, Master? Hmm... alright," the elven woman turns towards the girls and Skull, "I will accompany you as a loyal guide, in case you get lost."

gvzWXxQ.jpg

"I won't get lost!"

"I might."

aCUj6h7.jpg

"Good enough for me. I will enjoy working with you, Mirei-sama, Shouko-sama, Saki-sama, and... how may I address you?"

So it seems that Mirei is guiding our 'Plumber' to the entrance with the help of others, as part of her 'explanation' on things. Whether he wishes to go with them or not remains to be seen. Others may use this as an excuse for some fresh air.

The remaining group would be following Johann to learn of his findings.

Last edited:
Whew! Those Shadows were no match for their group at all! Wait...group? What, were there more Persona users out there? No one but him seemed to have Personas, though! So were they like those cognition things...?

"Wuzzat?" Skull's thoughts were interrupted as a bunch of these kids showed up around him. "Oh! The name's Skull! Skull the, er...plumber." Y'know, that was sounding less clever and more stupid every time he said it. But either way, he was encouraged to follow the eyepatch girl again to an entrance. Oh thank God! That meant he could leave the Metaverse and get back to the other Phantom Thieves! Just wait till they heard about this place...Skull followed the girls, hands in his pockets, but keeping an eye out if this was an ambush.

@Crow

aGIZPPU.png

"I thought I'd be the best person to explain things to you since I'm one of the few here who don't blend into this living D-D board, just like you. Ain't that awesome? Ahaha!"

A894rEA.jpg

As the entrance opened, Skull was greeted by green grass beneath the group, and endless, cloudy blue skies. Well, that was typical.

Except that in this sky, floating islands were visible.

"This realm holds the Skydom known as Phantagrande, we are on one of its many floating islands right now, Skull-sama," Kokkoro explains.

"From what I've heard," Mirei explains, "most of the guys in that group - us included, aren't from Phantagrande. We sort of just woke up here, transported here from other places. Nono, Shouko and I operate in Tokyo as the idol unit Individuals, but one way or another, we found ourselves out of there. Lucky for you, this isn't our first trip out of our world... long story, we can tell you later."

"The same can be said for my Master and me. In fact, the blade he had recently swung was from the realm us two had last visited. I am Kokkoro of the elves, from the mountains of the realm of Astraea, but I currently live in the town of Landsol."

"We basically took the Grandcypher to get from one island to another, ended up here, entered that building, one thing lead to another and I found you. That over there is the Grandcypher. Kind of like your Joe-Joe's rig."

Mirei pointed to a docked ship in the distance.

Saki finally gained full mobility as she rose from Mirei and Shouko's hold.

tumblr_piv2x0MdC41vcf8eyo9_250.png

"OK, that fresh air is making me feel much better, but what the hell just happened back there?"

"You were injured by my healing spell. I deeply apologize, Saki-sama."

"A pipsqueak like you really knows how to pack a heavy punch."

"How does one get injured by a healing spell, anyways?" Mirei ponders, "I thought only zombies had that."

"Maybe I'm allergic."

0qoiM7p.png

"That must be a pretty rare condition," Shouko, squatting down while poking at a mushroom on the grass, adds.

@Yun Lee

Last edited:
Lyria & Sandalphon
@Crow @Others?

After the battle finished... And the other three Watchers were defeated, the duo both gawked at the state Gran and Djeeta were in, with Lyria being the first one to speak up about it.

rCYPwLC.png

"Gran! Djeeta! Are you two okay?" She asked. It didn't help that they both resembled the Gran they had at home in their own way, which compelled Lyria to prepare to heal them if something had happened.

Sandalphon raised a brow as he gazed at the pair of Singularities for a moment before he smiled... Suddenly having realized something.

FaFczAs.png

"They're fine. I'm sure of it. Our Singularity has snapped out of worse things. So I'm sure these two will do the same." He said.

Lyria seemed relieved, smiling a little as she remembered an incident where Gran had eaten some of Katalina's food and instantly froze up. It took him a while to shake it off, but he seemed perfectly fine afterwards, making the girl in blue feel better about the situation with this Gran and Djeeta.

QuCGTh8.png

"Oh yeah! Our Gran always comes back! That means the Gran here... And Djeeta should come to their senses too, heehee!" Lyria said, laughing a little as she remembered how silly Gran looked in that little moment he was frozen.

Surely they'll unfreeze soon enough... Right?

Assuming the duo did finally unfreeze, Lyria and Sandalphon would both decide to follow Johann, as they figured it was their best chance to get some answers.

pkDlr6p.png

"... nope."

"Wait, wait, Shibuya? Are you all from the Tokyo area?"

"Just Nono. Shouko and I moved there though."

"Looks like I'm the only one here who's never stepped outside Kyushu."

@Yun Lee

Ian Archer

" So, what exactly can you tell us about your findings, Johann?"
He asked. What nobody else was asking him? It seemed that they were all just going to stand in awkward silence if someone didn't speak up.

@Crow @York

So...they weren't in Shibuya, they were all dragged to...someplace weird that wasn't Mementos or a Palace...there was an elf...what the Hell was going on?

Skull sighed, unsure of what to make of this whole situation. His head hurt just trying to sort it all out. "You guys woke up here, yeah? I just...walked in. Me and my buddies were getting ready to fight this one bully over at Kosei High down in Mementos, but then wound up walking into that library and meeting you."

Considering how hard he had tried to hide his identity before, Skull didn't even seem to notice how much information he'd given out so nonchalantly.

@Crow

"What's this Mementos place, anyways? I don't think I've heard of that restaurant," Mirei adds.

"What do they sell? Aglio Alio? Portobera Mushroom Carbonara? Pain on the platter?"

"I doubt that this Mementos Skull-sama speaks of is a restaurant of any kind," Kokkoro adds, "we should try to ask questions to each other later on, but for now, let's join the others."

Kokkoro opens the doors back into the building, before the group was interrupted by someone teleporting into the fray, right in front of them on the grassy patches!

6et4QDo.png

"Hmmm... this should be Phantagrande, in the Sky Realm. If I'm not wrong, the Sky Realm's singularity should be- oh! Well, this is awkward."

The lady, garbed in strange clothing and wielding a great staff, only just noticed our suburban friends and one mountain elf.

"Is it, really?" Mirei raises the eyebrow of her unpatched eye.

"Yeah," Saki growls, intimidating the lady, "don't think you can just teleport in front of us out of the blue and expect nothing to come out of it. You out to get us or something?"

"This situation is a lot more hostile than I thought. Maybe I ought to leave. Times like these are always so much smoother with the Knight around."

She panics, preparing to run.

@Yun Lee

AUQKv5x.png

"What are you doing?" Kyaru says as Yuuki approaches Gran and Djeeta, looking them in the eye while maintaining his smile. He reached into their ears, like a magician pulling a coin out in a trick.

Yuuki seemed to be doing something. He didn't snapped his fingers, he merely crossed his arms and maintained his gaze.

jOBVFqU.png

None could see what he was up to after that. Only Gran and Djeeta were fully aware of what he just did, and it was probably for the best.

"AAHH!"

As Yuuki shrugs his shoulders, he joins the group as Gran and Djeeta follow.

"Wh- what just happened?"

"I don't know, but don't you think that was pretty awesome?"

"I don't think you saw it either, Pecorine, but something tells me it's something we'll never understand. Ever."

"You will see soon," Johann says to Ian as the group proceeds. Onto the Forbidden Archives.

"Don't touch anything, that's how those Watchers popped out. Anyways, I think we've found something pretty direct here. It's about the Bahamut Totems and the Gears."

"Woah woah woah," Vyrn adds, "I think you're skipping a few steps here."

"I guess heading straight to the point does confuse some, now doesn't it? But yes, something like this happened three hundred years ago, so it's fortunate that we have some prior reference per say."

"I guess the same can't be said for the ones living back there..." (Crow)Lyria shook her head, then took her journal out, "I guess I should write this all down."

"From the perspective of the Skydwellers here, Pandemonium was replaced by livable land and seas, just as you described. This livable land and seas were in fact other worlds, and going down there was basically crossing into another world.

From an inference, I believe that these 'Gears' mentioned here and these 'Bahamut Totems' hold importance. These Gears, in their rightful place, hold various worlds in their place, but when they are scattered across worlds like they were back then, well... the worlds begin to converge, shifting away.

For you, Gran, Djeeta, Sandalphon and Lyria- s? Lyria. It's kind of like the explanation for how the islands stay afloat, just think of each island as an entire realm, and the control is in a core and not within each island itself. Only three different Gears are mentioned - the Diva Gear, the Trinity Gear and the Grid Gear, but we believe there might be more.

It seems that each Gear would be drawn to a world which it had more affinity with. The Grid Gear, which represented the importance of four elements, split into four and ended up in our world."

Illustrations of these Gears were displayed to the group.

"So this 'core' is where these gears are meant to be. What are 'Bahamut Totems' then?" Kyaru asks, pupils darting around.

"Bahamut Totems refer to people who have some type of embedded power in them, on top of their own, awakened when the Gears are displaced. It's said that something can be activated when all twenty-two are present in the same place at the same time, likely some kind of backup to fix the mess should the gathering of the Gears fail. Since these embedded powers are speculated to be pieces of a Primal Beast, or even a being beyond the Astrals, it might be possible that Lyria's abilities can sense them. Unless, of course, they're in a Primal Beast."

"You think bad guys will compete with us? Seems like that kind of story."

"That is possible, Djeeta, in fact, that is what happened in the past with a Lucifer of another world. He wished to use the Bahamut Totems to gain great power, and with them, he created some sort of 'Lesser Bahamut', as these texts call it- huh, some of this is faded. They really should use better ink. I know I would've if I lived back there...

... this part here mentions something about Yggdrasil, Tiamat, Collosus and Leviathan, and their link to the Grid Gear, but the faded text omits any further specification."

"Looks like we have a lead. I guess we should pay our friends a visit ASAP!"

"Hold your horses, Vyrn. Maybe we should see what everyone else has to ask first. Like this one...

What do the other Gears have links to?"

@Takumi @Kaykay @Gummi Bunnies @Jeremi @York @Crow @Lucky

"Mementos is...uh, hard to explain. As it is I still don't get it much..." He couldn't say much more than that, though, as suddenly somebody new showed up. In, like, the weirdest outfit Skull had ever seen. For real, she looked like a cosplayer!

"Hey! Hold up!" Joker usually led these negotiations and stuff, but maybe he could take a crack at it? "You can't drop all that info and just run off! The Hell are you anyway, teleporting all over like it's nothing?!"

@Crow

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back