[D&D 5th Ed Group Check.]

Blacksmith

Tonight, we hunt Outsiders!

This is a world where the Age of Gods and Magic have continued on past their time, into the year of 1914 by our reckoning.

On 28 June 1914, Austrian Archduke Franz Ferdinand visited the Bosnian capital, Sarajevo.
He will never leave that nation and perishes at the hands of assassins, a group known as ‘The Serbian Black Hand.’ What follows after is a war to end all wars, waged with magic and the might of technology as it has progressed to this point in time. The earth is scorched with ash and the air sings with the sounds of bombardment and spellfire. Bi-planes fly and clash in dogfights with dragons in the skies and winged tieflings and other such races on both sides of the conflicts fly in commando black ops missions. Tanks, on treads and upon walkers march across the fields, defying the bravest soldiers and the darkest magic as they unleash war on a scale unseen since the Dark Ages. And all the
while, something else stirs beneath the conflict and seeks to fulfill its own goals.

This is not the Great War you know of from the history books, but it is no less a fulcrum point for those who find themselves here and now. Welcome to a bloody period known as the War to end all Wars.

Welcome to World War I, of Arcanum-Earth
.​

The British Empire is a mighty pro-human realm, the citizens of its shores collected under the banner of the Royal Lion. Taking upon the Roman Pantheon alongside the Protestant Church, its Paladins form the backbone of the Imperial Creed and in the shadows, the mysterious individual known as M. watches in wait in its protection of the Throne.

Germany has become in the passing of years, a pro-Dwarf realm as they counter the British Imperial Magicians and Sorcerers with that of constructs of Iron and Steel in the wake of the Franco-Prussian War. Their walkers the stuff of legends, piloted by their forces and enabling them to counter other powers that yet exist in myriad forms.

America is as always a hodgepodge of nationalities and creeds, though currently divided by its Civil War, not between North and South but rather between native and invader. The old gods of the American soil have long memories and do not suffer their flock to be so hunted. Massive portions of the USA are thus untapped wilderness, protected by Druids and more as US city-states find themselves walled from the lands they profess to rule.

The newly formed Wallachia nation, reclaimed by its undead crown prince sticks closest to the ways of old. Utilizing the science of a dead German, the dead rise and serve the Impaler as he gains power to make his neighbors disquiet.

Russia burns with the fire of industry, the Great Bear in a heavy state of unrest. The Bolshevik Revolution is in its nascent state, the orc and half orc population gathering under the works of Marx. Time and again, a phrase is bandied in meetings and tribal haunts. In the smelter factories and on the streets, written on the walls and chanted aloud. No ma kinguk. ‘No more kings.’

France finds itself at the mercy of German power. The Franco-Prussian War has resulted in the loss of territory to the Kaiser, prompting President Raymond Poincare to make certain concessions to ensure his nations prosperity. But even as he does, a movement is taking place in France. One that mirrors a phase in history, as a farm girl gathers followers and urges her nation to take up arms, for a war that seems to be on the horizon.

In China, the Bai Lang Rebellion has finally ground to a halt. The rapid bandit party decimated before the new ruler, the Yellow Dragon incarnate who has taken the reigns of China as it is now. He is not pleased with his realm in the state it is, though he currently is allied with the German nation.

Emperor Yoshihito, the half-elven son of a concubine and Emperor Meiji has earned the throne in nineteen-twelve. Two years into his reign, the Empire of the Sun shall find itself engulfed in a conflict that will shape the history of this world for years and years to come. He is a new ruler, but he will do his duty.

Synopsis: Seeking players for D&D styled RPG, using 5th ed rules. Normal handbook, Xanathar's Guide and Volo's allowed. 5 spots only. Level 1 start, point buy 27.

Right! Uh, two questions.

1) Never played DnD before, but I have played Pathfinder extensively. That gonna be a problem?
2) What happened to Australia? Is it still counted under the British?

To the first, no not at all. Dnd 5th is a simplified, streamlined process and for new players I'm happy to answer questions. At the least, it's easier to play online in a forum format.

Second, Australia is currently allied with the British powers but is experiencing a severe drought and strange, collective dreams that seems to affect artisans and bards in particular.

All of them about the sea and a strange, ethereal song that warbles from the deep.

To the first, no not at all. Dnd 5th is a simplified, streamlined process and for new players I'm happy to answer questions. At the least, it's easier to play online in a forum format.

Second, Australia is currently allied with the British powers but is experiencing a severe drought and strange, collective dreams that seems to affect artisans and bards in particular.

All of them about the sea and a strange, ethereal song that warbles from the deep.
That sounds vaguely warlock-y.

I think i might make a Monk, because that sounds pretty cool. Any recommendations?

For character type? Well, in terms of Monk orders there's quite a few in-world orders. I'll be working on adding em all in later, to give flavor in-world.

Game wise, I'm particularly fond of Kensei Monk Archetype, playing one who uses a whip for dat Castlevania flavor in Curse of Strahd.

For character type? Well, in terms of Monk orders there's quite a few in-world orders. I'll be working on adding em all in later, to give flavor in-world.

Game wise, I'm particularly fond of Kensei Monk Archetype, playing one who uses a whip for dat Castlevania flavor in Curse of Strahd.
I think i’ll make a Buddhist, Indonesian monk. Not yet decided on a tradition to follow, but i’m liking open palm, since I wanna do unarmed.

I went with Hermit for a background and apparently I get something DM determined called a discovery?

Heyo! I'm interested, though I am online at odd times. Not always are they consistent. Also, I am a rookie DnD player and if I mess up, please correct, as I usually have absolutely no clue what I am doing. Char sheet would appreciated! I will most likely be a really friendly but really strong archer elf in America.

Heyo! I'm interested, though I am online at odd times. Not always are they consistent. Also, I am a rookie DnD player and if I mess up, please correct, as I usually have absolutely no clue what I am doing. Char sheet would appreciated! I will most likely be a really friendly but really strong archer elf in America.
Ooooo. Ranger or fighter? They’re the ones with bows i’m pretty sure.

Back