Dance Between the Tulips | IC | AngeliMika & BlabbingGirl

mikayre

I will do whatever it takes to protect you. ♡
jaCvPo5.png

Dance Between the Tulips
@AngeliMika & @BlabbingGirl

l4UbPWV.png

HONK! Geese were like an alarm system for Rin at this point. Lifting her head up from her desk, she flicked her braid off of her shoulder sleepily. She glanced to her window briefly before flexing her wings. The geese were early today, she was up just before the sunrise. Her back ached -- she shouldn't've fallen asleep at her desk again. Sapphire blue eyes fixated on the paper decorating the desk, scribbled writing and notes covering almost all of the paper. She was writing down information for her newest idea. A serum to allow faeries to speak with animals. Today she was going to go out and look for ingredients, taking notes on what she needed and what was available.

Fresh morning air brushed against Rin's pale face and tousled her violet hair as she hopped out of her window, letting her wings spread outwards. She landed on the dewy grass outside of her house, crouching low while her wings flickered back and forth. There was a village a little ways away, she was debating going to visit. Mentally noting to herself she should probably make a weapon for herself at a later date, she whirled around and walked backwards, her eyes on her home. The back of her two-floor home stared back at her, the various plants (that she was going to use for something . . . eventually) waving in the slight breeze that tickled Rin's skin. It was a wonderful morning.

Turning back around and shifting her bag on her shoulder, she walked into the brush. Rin flicked open a notebook, absentmindedly scribbling down various notes and whatnot as she walked. She'd found a plant she wanted to study -- which would require getting a test subject back at home. The little plant had caught her eye with its gorgeous yellow bloom. It brought a smile to her face, and it seemed to attract various bugs. Animals skittered away from the sound of her walking, rustling the brush on either side of her path, so she hopped into the air and hovered slightly above the ground.

l4UbPWV.png

She'd gotten close to a rabbit, and managed to earn it's trust. The rabbit was now nestled into her arms, and after she finished exploring she planned to take it home to study it as well. Animals stayed away from her village, so she was quite deep into the forest now. How far away was this village? Was she going in the wrong direction? Worried breaths began leaving her strained body as she fell to the ground. She'd strayed off the original path too in chasing the rabbit to earn its trust. Every time she tried something, some damn thing had to go wrong. If something failed this early in her plan, there was no way this experiment was ever going to work. But it was fine! She was fine!

The rabbit wriggled a bit, falling out of her arms and scampering off. Rin continued walking, determined to get something to study and potentially help her with this experiment. This was something she couldn't control, so maybe this plan wasn't totally doomed to fail. Optimistic again, she jumped upward in excitement. Her wings collided with a thick oak tree branch. CRACK. Fractures spiraled down her translucent wings, searing pain emanating from where her wings connected to her back. She fell forward, tripping on a rock in her shock. Her nose collided with the ground awkwardly, resulting in an unwelcome crunch and a familiar rush of blood towards the center of her face. Her eyelids fell shut for a moment, before flying wide open at the sound of footsteps nearing her.

XPavgxZ.png

Last edited:

proxy.php

INTO THE WOODS

The woods were like a second home for Sen, her small cottage-like home was just on the edge of her village, nearer to the vast mass of trees. Every morning, as soon as the sun lit her room, she would wake up and get ready to explore the woods, she was great at brewing potions and even though she didn't had much friends in her community, a lot of people seek for her to get some sort of healing or reinvigorating potion; so her stocks of ingredients always had to be fresh and full. Sen was wearing her usual moss green tunic that reached just above her knees and brown leather pants that tightly wrapped around her legs, the edges of said pants were shorter than they used to be due to the excessive usage, showing a good portion of skin. Her skin was an olive shade and her eyes were as blue as the sky in a cloudless day. Her hair was always loose and flowing down her back as she rushed through the forest, the brown curls cascaded behind her as her pointy ears pocked between the locks. She always had a smile plastered on her face when she was in nature.

Sen never enjoyed wearing any shoes or protection on her feet for that matter, she enjoyed feeling the mud, soil and moss against her toes as she climbed and trailed between the deepness of the tall trees. Around her waist a belt was looped with an assortment of empty glass vials attached to it, a couple of pockets were also attached to her belt with any sort of materials she would need to collect ingredients for her potions. She had spent a good portion of the morning walking around the dense woods collections exotic flowers and small weed-like plants that seemed worthless for most. They were all very important ingredients for her potions and she always knew what she was looking for, Sen could easily tell the difference between something poisonous, something that would cure someone and a pretty flower that would only decorate a room. She was collection the pollen from some Clematis, she was softly floating from the ground as her wings flapped rapidly in air. Her wings had a amberish-green color and patterns that resembled fern leaves on them. Sen was lost in her own thoughts when the silence of the woods was invaded by a loud thud followed by a cracking sound. She tracked down the source of the sound, the small fairy was good at tracking things, be it prints of sounds, and soon she found a poor fairy laying on the ground. She carefully flew closer and soon got on her knees by the body, she carefully turned the injured fairy around to take care of the bleeding nose. Sen picked some mushroom-like substances from the pockets of her belt and gently stuck it inside the nostrils. "Broken nose." she let out in a soft voice under her breath, Sen usually spoke a lot to herself due to not having much friends other than the plants or animals of the woods. She noticed the fairy waking up and smiled down at the purple haired one as she opened her eyes "Hey! Quite a nasty crack you have. Do you think you can walk? I can take care of your wounds at my cottage." and with that, Sen slowly looped her arms under the purple-haired fay's arms and carefully propped her up so they could walk; she settled one of the girls arms around her neck and wrapped her own arm around the girls' waist. "I'm Sen. You shouldn't go deep in the woods with you don't know your way back." for the experienced wood fairy, the purple one obviously got lost in the deep parts of the forest. "Now, let's walk slowly, I'm sure you're in a lot of pain. Nose and wings. That's quite the crack!" she shook her head, already knowing that the healing process is going to be long.

proxy.php

jaCvPo5.png
Rin began to stir as she felt gentle hands turning her around and a finger slipping something into her nose. What was this stranger doing? Was she being kidnapped? This was the perfect opportunity to kidnap her, she couldn't escape. As she was propped up, she tried to flap her wings. Instead of being lifted up in the air, the action resulted in a searing pain down her back. She felt herself being lifted up, her arm being guided around the other faerie's neck. She was able to stand just fine, she couldn't fly however. Her wings fell limp behind her, aching profusely. How stupid could she be? She'd gotten all optimistic just to absolutely wreck her face and wings. Now she was being guided to a stranger's house to "heal her wounds". Her "captor" had shared her name, however. Sen was a pretty name, and it seemed to suit her. Now she was being accused of not knowing what she was doing or where she was going . . How rude! Well, maybe she didn't know exactly what she was doing, but she certainly wasn't lost! "Oh, I can walk just fine. You don't have to carry me, or even help me! I really should get home." This wasn't exactly a lie to get away from the stranger. She didn't know if her town would be safe without her. The thought of her being unimportant to her town flickered briefly across her consciousness, but she shook it off.

Before she knew it, the two were at the village she'd actually been looking for. It was a sweet little village, and Rin forgot she was walking with the aid of someone and tried to run off. The flowers around were so beautiful, and who knew what properties each of these plants held! Insects buzzed around the two, on their various personal journeys. She then tried to flutter her wings again, the burning pain reminding her she'd injured her wings. "I'm fine, don't worry!" She insisted, forcing a genuine smile and trying to push the pain to the dark recesses of her mind.

XPavgxZ.png

Last edited:

proxy.php

BANDAGES

Sen chuckled softly at the excitement of the wounded faerie. "Seems like you really enjoy nature." she pointed out in a low voice as she put a lock of her long hair behind her ear. "My cottage is just down that cobblestone trail. I can bandage your wings. It will take a while for them to heal, though. They're broken and without the proper treatment..." she stopped herself, Sen knew that an untreated wound could cause problems for the rest of the life; and if it's the wings, that would mean that this purple haired one might never fly again if she doesn't do something quick. "You haven't introduced yourself yet. I've never seen you around the village so I'm guessing you're from some other faerie community..." Sen wasn't used to strike conversations with other fae, she usually only talked with plants and animals. She rubbed the arm with her right hand and then pointed to the way they had to follow. "I have everything we need to take care of those wings..." she started walking as she continued speaking "Anethum graveolens, that will help prevent infection on the broken area..." she was more mumbling to herself but it was still loud enough for others to hear, Sen was a loud speaker, quite energetic to suppress her voice to a whisper. "Linumu sitatissimum will be needed too. I have an ointment of that... then bandages-" she took a look at the broken wings and added "lots of bandages."

proxy.php

jaCvPo5.png
"Well, I'm actually working on a project for my village! I want to see and experiment on various different plants and organisms to discover the properties of each. I'm in the process of figuring out what is necessary for a serum that allows faeries and animals to communicate. Which is why," she paused as Sen indicated she hadn't introduced herself yet, and nodded, "I'm so sorry for my lack of proper manners, my name is Dahlia." She gave her last name to the other faerie, not comfortable enough with her to divulge her first name. "As I was saying, I really should get home . . . I'm sure there's a medic at home that can help!" Rin continued talking, determined to get herself home and out of this stranger's hair. Still frustrated she'd gotten so optimistic just to injure herself over a tree branch of all things, she really just wanted to get out of this situation. Why had she thought it was a good idea to come to an unknown village severely underprepared!? She didn't have a weapon, she didn't have any supplies except for her notebook and whatever small snacks she had in her bag. . Goodness, she was a mess.

Never the matter, she had to get home. Her wings would be fine! They didn't hurt . . . that badly. Granted, they hurt whenever she moved any part of her body or tried to move them, but it was fine! She was fine. The more she convinced herself of this fact, the better off she would happen to be. "I wouldn't want to use all of your bandages! You've been so kind even just helping me up and I wouldn't want to trouble you any more than I already have," she smiled and nodded, her purple braid bouncing. She lifted one of her hands up to adjust one of the bows clipped into her hair idly.

XPavgxZ.png

proxy.php

AWKWARD AND CLUMSY

Sen shook her hands frenetically in front of her body to reassure the other faerie that everything was fine, the olive-skinned faerie always did big motions with her arms and hands as she speaks. "No! That's all fine, you're not being any trouble." she smiled and added "Nice to meet you, shame the circumstances aren't great since you're all banged up." she let out a small chuckle but found it inappropriate so she bit down on her lower lip and took a deep breath "Well, how far away do you live from here? do you know how long it took to arrive into the woods? Because if you came by flying... it's going to take way longer to walk back and in the condition that you're in, it would be better if you got treatment first and rested before making such a journey." she took a step closer to the one that introduced themselves as Dahlia and said "I'm sure the healers or medics at your village are more than capable but... your injuries are not the kind that you should be taken lightly. You broke your wings and if something isn't done as soon as possible, you might never be able to fly again. Please, let me help you with the first aid, I'm sure you wouldn't want to have wings that can't fly."

proxy.php

Back