Interest Check [Dark Fantasy] Interest Check for "The Throne's Wish"

OmegaOS

The Gay Robot
View attachment 10056
OmegaOS Online. . .
Engaging Information Phase. . .

The Throne's Wish
View attachment 10057
The Ember Throne flickered to the fatal fear of many for the flame kept within shivered to the frosted winds beckoning the flame to be rested and snuffed from existence.

The world of Stryya is a dying world thrown off from its mother system and cast into the seas of nothingness. Only the distant stars’ light may reach the planet’s surface seen from the eternal night. A frosted touch, a cold breath slowly wraps around the planet and reaches closer to strangle the heart of warmth. The Ember Throne was created to keep the flame within the planet’s core alive and breathing for the sake of which to preserve everyone and everything. However, centuries and centuries have passed as the Ember Throne slowly became drained of the flame encapsulated within. The ensuing Eternal Winter edged ever so close to the Ember Throne to reach with its boney hands and pinch the Ember’s flame to snuff it.

Most of the world has been consumed by frost.
As such, how will you survive in this dying world?

This is the world of the Throne's Wish. Inspired by Dark Souls and Bloodborne to create this dark fantasy world. Though it's dark fantasy, I only want everyone to enjoy it if people are interested in it. The map I show is something I made and cropped from a larger map because too big, but there's a lot of frozen land and oceans to explore out there.
Let me know if anyone's interested in this role-play's creation or if you have any questions.

OmegaOS Offline.

It's definitely a nice hook. The idea of a fantasy world being a rogue planet while the inhabitants don't even really understand what that is, only that they have to survive as what's been keeping them going wanes is a good backdrop. But what about the plot? As the Gm, which direction are you going to point the story? Is it a tale of surviving in a dying world? Is the goal rekindling the Ember throne? What can someone who joins expect?

It's definitely a nice hook. The idea of a fantasy world being a rogue planet while the inhabitants don't even really understand what that is, only that they have to survive as what's been keeping them going wanes is a good backdrop. But what about the plot? As the Gm, which direction are you going to point the story? Is it a tale of surviving in a dying world? Is the goal rekindling the Ember throne? What can someone who joins expect?

The known objective is to keep surviving. Characters that join will begin on one of several colonies on the frozen stretches as colonists that are attempting to rebuild life against the Winter. This isn't quite the tale of saving the world, unless there is a way but only exploration and time will tell. It's more so character driven than plot. I have a world to show, but really I want everyone's characters to develop and shine more so that are surviving in this freezing world as kingdoms clash against each other, cities panic and slowly dissolve, and a count of monsters both human and literal grow.

Back