Jasonchu

GMing way too much~
Revelations of Abounding Darkness focuses on the lives of monstrous beings living just beyond the veil of comprehension in the modern day world. While humans see the world we well know, the truth is being hidden from them, and those they see walking the streets might look drastically different to those immune to The Veil. Dark ROAD is a grim setting that focuses on violence, injustice, fear, and despair.

The lore of the world is uniquely invented and only moderately based on any existing settings. It features 60+ playable beings that range from whimsical to monstrous to tragic. Many of these beings are completely unique, with the rest being a twist on familiar stories such as vampires, werewolves, and faeries.

Gameplay focuses on daily life and interpersonal relationships with both PCs and NPCs, but may (through player efforts) end up getting into regional or even world politics, or even pissing off YWHW himself (or debatably worse, Lilith).

This game is steeped in lore and secrets, so feel free to ask any questions you want and I'll give you answers, but be aware that some things can't be unlearned!

A few notes: I'm doing some canvasing for interest right now and trying to find which of a handful of premises there's enough interest in for a full game. I have every intention of running all of them if interest is there, but I also want it to be known that this game would consist of lots of at-your-own-pace mixed thread interaction, shifting from 1x1 to group interactions when PCs cross paths, so the pace will be linked to the average posting rate, whatever that might be. This means that the most frequent poster is going to be slowed down and the slowest poster will either be rushed or have certain events glossed over to bring them up to the pace of the pack.

I, of course, understand that for slower posters this can result in a loss of interest and eventual abandonment of the game, so I wanted this warning to be given up front.

Back