Dark Stuides

She nods a little at Sitiri's words. "My own internal demon alarm. " she teases. She didn't fuse with Hexel when he made her sit down and watched as he moved to make tea and food. "He is going to be a handful..." She says with warmth in her voice and happiness in her eyes. Then adds to Hexel. "I'm okay."

She looks to Sitiri. "Alyssia. That's a beautiful name." She smiles.

Hexel glared at her lightly, "He's going to be a handful?" He huffed. Nearly all of the Sitiri line was male. Female were rare among their kind as it was, "Gods don't be like me kid."

Sitiri chuckled, "Hex was a handful when he was a little one. You think human children can be hard to deal with, you'll get to try your hand at demons. No matter what they will make you insane."

She smirks a bit. "Will he start nesting like human males do?" She teases. Then smiles again. "Even if the little one is a handful, we will take it a day at a time."

Then she tilts her head. "Going to a human doctor wouldn't be a good, do I need to be checked every few weeks like normal or is it very different?" She blinks a little then smiles softly. "I think I have a lot of questions now..." She smiles to Hexel. "I'm still very happy, just want to be prepared. Never had a little one before. I don't want to do anything wrong."

Sitiri gave a shrug, "Every male is different but if his current behavior is any indication he will. I would expect baby proofing to come into play. His mother was that way," He gave a smile.

Hexel gave a huff then nuzzled into Mary. He didn't like his childhood being talked about. It was embarrassing as far as he was concerned.

Tilting his head to the side the older demon listened to the concerns presented to him, "I'll arange for a doctor for you to see as well as allow them to explain all the nuances of motherhood to a demon. I'm not really good at that sort of thing."

She smiles warmly then smirks at Hexel when he huffed.

Then she looks back at Sitiri. "Thank you. That will help. Just want to be prepared." She smiles again, relaxing into Hexel as he nuzzled her. She loved his warmth, it calmed her.

The demon smiled gently as he hummed lightly, "I honestly can't believe I will be a grandfather soon."

Hexel hugged Mary close, "Looky there you've gone and made a devil happy."

She smiles and nods. "Technically we both did." She teases and relaxes to him. "I need to tell my parents. " she realized. "They never thought they would have a grandchild..." She smiles softly. "You'll like my mom, my father on the other hand...took a prybar to get him to let me go back to school."

She tilts her head as she thought back to the presence thst had tried to feed off her earlier when they were in the other world. Gently she touches her stomach. "Do you think whoever was toying with us earlier will show up again?" She asks Hexel.

Hexel gave a shrug, "It's hard to tell with our kind," He says softly, "Games of cat and mouse are foreplay."

Sitiri gave a nod of agreement, "He has a point about that. If need be I'll send a few guards back to your realm with you. They would likely come in handy if someone was trying to feed of you."

There was comfort to those words and she nods in appreciation. "Thank you." She smiles a bit and rests her head against Hexel gently. "I'm sure I could just be over reacting if they were just toying." She says softly.

At the time though back in the human realm things had been happening.

The small apartment that the detective lived in was a mess and in one room blood coated the walls like fresh paint.

In a corner the body of the detective laid mangled as if someone had twisted every limp and then the torso before ripping his head off.

At the center of a room sat a demon, a cigarette in one hand as he looked through the phone he held. He hummed softly to himself as he scrolled.

The male resembled that of the demon that Hexel had absorbed.

"Now where did you two run off to?" He pulls a drag on the cigarette before letting the smoke flow from his nose. "A traitor to his kind. You'll pay for what you did. Indeed you'll pay."

A second phone rings and he answers it without looking at the I.D. "Did you find them?" He suddenly smiled, his sharp teeth showing. "How nice." He hangs up and suddenly disappears from the room by walking into the shadows.

Hexel gave a shiver that caused him to glance about slightly then draw Mary closer to himself. He couldn't shake the odd feeling that something wasn't right. Sitiri gave a smile to the pair and stood, "Any ways you two are expected to come to my home some time tonight for dinner. I'll have changes of clothing more suited for this place sent to you."

He gave a wave to the pair and headed out the door.

She smiles back to Sitiri and nods at his words. Waving as he left.

Then her attention turned to Hexel. "What's wrong? You shivered. I felt it. You never shiver. " she asks, concern in her eyes.

He placed a hand on her head gently, "There's something I need to check on. I won't do so till I've taken you to have dinner with my father. I will leave you in his care after that," His gaze informed her that it wasn't a request but an order, "Think of it as you will but I have feeling that is so vile it wants to eat me alive."

Kissing her fore head he stood to prepare them to depart even if his father hadn't reached his own house yet. There was just something about the feeling that told him there was something afoot. It wasn't helped any by his the phone he had grabbed from Markus was now ringing, "What?" He answered moving away from Mary as he listened to the man on the other end explain what he just saw on the news, "I'll be there when I can till then you know what to do."

Without another word he moved towards Mary after hanging up and picked her up. "There is nothing you will miss here is there?"

Her concern turned to worry as she listened to his words. If he felt that something wasn't right then it had to be something very bad. Her hand went protectivly to her stomach.

She nods at his words about taking her to his father. Then tenses as his phone rings.

Her eyes watched him carefully. His body language had changed. Something truly was wrong.

When he picked her up, she looks to him. "Please tell me what's happened?"

At his question about missing anything there, she shakes her head. "No."

With a nod he closed the door before shifting her to one arm. A moment latter he flicked out his wrist and the house burst into red hot flames. Cradling her to his body he took off running heading straight for the large castle that sat high on a hill to the north of them. He didn't answer her as he shouldered the front door open only to surprise his father who stared at the pair with an agape mouth, "What happened?"

Hexel shook his head as he set Mary on her feet, "Keep her safe," he demanded, "I'll be back as soon as I can. When I get back, I promise I'll explain everything that I know." He told the woman as he kissed her lips before moving away to the door. Taking out the key he used it to travel from his father's home to the warlock's.

He wasn't answering her. That didn't help her nerves at all. She wanted to know what was wrong. It was the look in his eyes though that told her not to question him and to do as told.

She tried not to look so worried when they reached his father. Once he set her down, she looked to him. "Please be careful." She kisses him back and watches him go.

Gently she rubs her stomach, unaware she was doing it.

"Rushing into battle," Sitiri muttered as he turned to look at the woman left in his care, "he'll be back before you know it."

With that he lead the way to his private sitting room and ordered dinner to be brought to them there.

What greeted Hexel left him all to aware of how fragile human life was. He wanted to choke the fool who had done this.

Mary nods a little at his words but she truly hoped he was right. She already felt a chill without him there.

She followed Sitiri to the sitting room. She forced herself to sit down ,though she wanted to be pacing.

In the darkness by the burning home the demon now stood. The air thick with his annoyance. How had they gotten passed him?
A mere human and that male. A growl left him before he collected himself. He would find them. He was close. He could smell it.

Then he pauses as another scent reached him. A cold smile playing on his lips. Now that was interesting. His revenge just got sweeter. Oh so sweet.

Hexel and the warlock stood in the middle of Markus' study, "A demon did this to him," The warlock states harshly to the demon before him, "I'm guessing you've made some enemies."

Nodding Hexel turned away slightly, "It makes the human realm dangerous for Mary and our unborn child."

Markus blinked then tried to say something witty sadly it failed him at this time, "Congrats. I'm sorry it comes at a sour time."

The demon nodded a little, "I only need to think of her and the child's well being at this point. Hell isn't safe but the child will develop quickly."

It was difficult to have an appetite at the moment as her thoughts remained on Hexel. What could have happened?

The feeling of dread was thick in her throat. She worried but after a few moments she did try to eat, knowing she needed to keep her strength up.

She managed to get a few bites in before stopping again. Gently she touched her stomach. The feeling of dread changed suddenly. Changing to a need to move.

Looking to Sitiri but wondering if maybe she was imagining things. Had to be. She was so worried about Hexel that's what it had to be.

It wasn't her imagination though, the shadows seemed to move as if alive. Then suddenly the flames in the fire place exploded out.

Mary gasps and jumps away from them and looks to Sitiri. Her eyes widen as she saw a large demon step from the shadows behind Sitiri with a blade in hand. He lunges forward and Mary screamed a warning.

Sitiri was a man not swayed by fear of death. His brow arched slightly as he glanced at the male behind him, "Do you plan on using that? If not sit down and tell me what you want," His hand came up to grasp the hand that held the blade to his pale neck. Giving it a sharp squeeze he spoke more, "It is a bloody shame that my guest has to see me be more of the devil I am rather than the angel I can be. Close your eyes, Mary, I wouldn't want you to be stained with the memory that is about to take place."

He had been used to his children threatening him due to his favoring a human woman over their demonic ones. Hexel's mother had been so sweet and light that even the harshest of his young had learned to respect. Alyssia hadn't backed down from any of them and what they threw at her. Not many women where like that one. He knew that well.

Hexel's hair on the back of his neck stood on end as he moved away from the warlock and rubbed his chest, "I've got to go now," Without waiting for a reply he used the key to get back to his father's estate, "Mary!" He yelled as he entered the foyer. Something was wrong he could smell it.

Back