Dark Stuides

The male arched a brow as he regarded the male before him. "Indeed. She is something." He tilts his head as if listening to something then rolled his big shoulders. "My brother had claim of that female before you were ever freed from that book. The humans interrupted him. " he shrugs. "His toys as he called them."

He looks to the door of the room they were in. On the other side, his men had just returned with the prize. He could smell her already. He smirks. "A work of art."

Closing his eyes for a moment he tried to keep his heart from jumping into over drive, "She doesn't need to be reminded that we can be monsters. Your brother's claim was revoked or I would have sensed it. He was weak and by being so left himself exposed. Plus he's not dead merely sealed up in a tome. The key to it lays in him understanding humans."

He sat up after a moment more then looked to his beloved. She had tears in her eyes. He knew she was upset. Poor lass. The desire to hold her and make sure that fear he scented on her went away was powerful nearly as powerful to mate her again showing she was his alone, "Hey beautiful," He called softly to her, "Don't frown like that. Your face might get stuck like that then what sort of husband will our son think I am," He grinned widely at her, "He would make me hurt far worse than anything they can do."

The brother arches a brow. Yes his brother was indeed weak. He would not argue that point. Long ago he had warned his brother of his stupidity. Yet his mother still charged him with avenging the young male.

He snuffed out the cigar on his boot before standing. The demon that held Mary had brought her into the room and set her on her feet but didn't release her.

Mary gazed at Hexel. She was scared and tears had filled her eyes but she hadn' felt him and thought the worst.

She nods slightly at his words then felt anger fill her as she glares at the other demon in the room. The one she assumed was to blame for all of this. He looked so much like his brother. Her fear though had faded and she felt only anger towards him.

She suddenly elbows the demon who held her. It wasn' the hit that startled the demon but more the fact she had done it, causing him to release her.

The brother smirked and grabbed her hand before she could hit him. "A fine female you have male."

Mary glared at the brother. "Harm him or my child and I will kill you."

The brother laughed and pushed her back to the demon to hold. "You both are making this impossible to decide, what shall I do with you two?"

Hexel couldn't help but feel proud of his bride but damn she made his life a pain in the moment, "Sweetheart," He addressed her, "I'm sure you would kill him but considering your current condition let me handle being the bad ass?"

His ruby colored eyes danced with merriment at her bold sassiness. He would have to thing of something to draw that out in her more often. Closing his eyes he allowed his physical form to waver so the binds fell off before he stood, "What a headache."

Mary was still glaring at the brother when Hexel spoke to her. Yes she was feeling very angry at the moment. Faintly she wondered if it was her or her child she felt.

The large demon had placed a clawed hand near her stomach and another on her throat.

The brother smirks and arches a brow as he regarded Hexel. He shouldn't be surprised that the male had gotten out of the binds. It annoyed him. "Do try something male and I'll make sure you see her blood last."

A heavy sigh escaped him, "Sure you want to go doing that? The kid damn near drained me when I went carelessly touching its mother."

He scratched the tip of his nose as he stared at Mary. He was sure her angry was making the kid become disruptive. After all it was still in the early stages of development and would like suck the energy right out of anything that pissed its current host off. Plopping down in the other demon's abandoned seat Hexel set about doing what he did best. Fucking with another's mind. Self harm wasn't ever something a demon enjoyed. No matter how crazy.

As if the child had heard Hexel's words, Mary had grabbed the demon' s hand at her stomach. There was no time to react as the essence of the demon was drained away. The demon fell to the ground like a pile of bones.

Uneasy didn't begin to describe how Mary felt about being able to do that but was glad it was done as that left one less bad demon to deal with.

The brother narrowed his eyes at Hexel. He knew what the male was doing. Mind games. What demon didn't excel at those? The loser generally. He refused to lose to some half breed that had taken out his own brother. " You think your child will keep her alive? What about after the birth if she survives it? I can wait an eternity."

Hexel offered a gentle smile to the other male, "Oh no after that little one is born you'll never have the chance to touch her. I will not be fool like my father. I will change her. She won't have the choice after the little one is born." He had never desired to take that choice from her. And she could be as made at him as she liked but he wouldn't let her walk away from him easily. They stepped through this hell together and he would keep her safe even if it took his last breath, "As for what will the child do for its mother? Your guess is as good as mine. But I'm willing to guess it will see to her safety as I will."

He wasn't a gambling man but felt in this moment it was his best bet of seeing to it that Mary made it out of this place alive and well. Stepping towards his bride he brushed past the male without any care as to what he would do to him, "I didn't mean to take the choice from you. But judging by how he's dead," He motioned to the demon at their feet, "You won't be able to step back into a human life."

Mary gazed back at Hexel. No she wasn't happy he had taken the choice away from her. She should be able to decide but then again hadnt she been talking and thinking on it before now?

As he stepped to her, she manages a smile to him. "Was never one for normal anyways." She says.

The male was angry and he took advantage of Hexel's back being to him. He raised his hand and moved forward suddenly as his blade appeared in hand.

Mary had seen the motion though and had moved between Hexel and the blade. Her hand had closed on the male's wrist stopping the blade just as it cut shallowly into her shoulder.

"I warned you about harming him or my child."

The demons hand and arm began to slowly turn to nothing but bone. It then began to spread to the rest of his body but not before he jerked free of her hold.

"This is far from over."

Hexel hadn't been all that surprised at first that the other had thought to attack him but the moment he noticed his bride was bleeding because she was the one stabbed his ruby colored eyes stared at the man with a look that promised death would be mercy. He took Mary into his arms for a moment as he leaned down and licked the wound, "I will make you regret ever laying eyes on my bride," He said softly before he let her go and turned to the demon who already had a quite a bit of damage, "You're flesh will never rise against me."

A large sword formed from ground and into his grasp from a ruby pentagram. Stepping around his bride he stabbed the male through his stomach, "Don't grace me with your presence ever again."

Mary had relaxed at the feel of Hexel's arms around her. She was sure he would be angry with her later for what she had done. Such a risk.

The male stared at Hexel. There was no hiding the fear in his eyes anymore. He had lost. How though? How was he stronger?

As the blade entered his stomach, the pain was horrible and the realization that he had lost struck him as painfully as the blade.

He glared at Hexel with fire burning in his eyes. Before he could utter a word he body disappeared in a flash of smoke.

Hexel smiled softly as he watched the ashes of yet another enemy fade into nothing. Using his magic he healed the wound left in his bride's shoulder he was pleased with how thing had turned out since he had gained freedom from that accursed book. He had a future that stood bright and golden before him in his arms. And damn any who dared to take if from him. Leaning down he captured the lips of his lover, "I'm not sure if I told you this or not but you are the only thing in my life I would die for."

With that he wrapped them in his magic and stepped through the doorway that lead to their home.

Mary felt the pain ease in her shoulder and relaxed in the arms of her love. She savored his kiss and felt the child in her stir. It brought a smile to her lips as she knew the future was good for them. There would be challenges but she was ready to face them. "I will fight for you my love always. You and our young."

As the magic of her love took them home, she gently touched her stomach. Yes they could face any challenge together.

~THE END~

Back