Dark topics chat

I’ve lived in this house with my folks for over 20 years. We have our disagreements, but no abuse. Done an unknowable amount of chores to keep the place tidy, comfortable, and free of pests.

For a few years now- ever since I saw this business ad that promised customers catharsis by breaking glass, beating up junked cars, and so-on with hammers- I’ve had this mental image in my head. Of breaking the windows of this house, ripping up furniture, smashing electronics, spraying paint on every surface, etc. Just that freedom from having to avoid scratching anything and hearing about the damage for years… or the idea that I’ll never have to do tedious stuff like dusting…

Just an odd fantasy. Like it isn’t wannabe-arson or anything. Just feels like an especially seductive intrusive thought. I wonder if farmers ever feel this way when they have to do a controlled burn of their fields.

I’ve lived in this house with my folks for over 20 years. We have our disagreements, but no abuse. Done an unknowable amount of chores to keep the place tidy, comfortable, and free of pests.

For a few years now- ever since I saw this business ad that promised customers catharsis by breaking glass, beating up junked cars, and so-on with hammers- I’ve had this mental image in my head. Of breaking the windows of this house, ripping up furniture, smashing electronics, spraying paint on every surface, etc. Just that freedom from having to avoid scratching anything and hearing about the damage for years… or the idea that I’ll never have to do tedious stuff like dusting…

Just an odd fantasy. Like it isn’t wannabe-arson or anything. Just feels like an especially seductive intrusive thought. I wonder if farmers ever feel this way when they have to do a controlled burn of their fields.
nice

that's quite interesting, I see where you are coming from though, seeming as though everything must be in perfect order in your home, wanting to destroy that order, I would want to do that too. sometimes perfection can be the cause of such devious things.

that's quite interesting, I see where you are coming from though, seeming as though everything must be in perfect order in your home, wanting to destroy that order, I would want to do that too. sometimes perfection can be the cause of such devious things.
You know that cartoony reaction fictional characters sometimes have when experiencing extreme shock or surprise? Dropping a tea tray or letting something crash into the ground or missing their mouth with something they're drinking? Or the idea of childishly slamming a door closed, pushing a chair in angrily?

Those all sound a bit cathartic. Living according to someone else's values (cleanliness, minimal loud sounds, not showing too much emotion or you'll be implied to be disruptive/rude/mocking) is... uncomfortable. Yay housing market bubble nonsense.

You know that cartoony reaction fictional characters sometimes have when experiencing extreme shock or surprise? Dropping a tea tray or letting something crash into the ground or missing their mouth with something they're drinking? Or the idea of childishly slamming a door closed, pushing a chair in angrily?

Those all sound a bit cathartic. Living according to someone else's values (cleanliness, minimal loud sounds, not showing too much emotion or you'll be implied to be disruptive/rude/mocking) is... uncomfortable. Yay housing market bubble nonsense.

that does indeed sound quite uncomfortable. I feel like with parents, they should let their kids actually be kids, ya know? but, have like a few rules, not too many for them to feel overwhelmed. But the kids should defiantly be able to say no here and there, that way there not scared to say no in the future, because that is more prone to happen. and the more strict the parent, the more prone the child is going to be more distant and more likely to want to break rules. But that is just my opinion.

6 minutes and 3 seconds, “The Body Keeps the Score” animated lecture on the body and mind connection. Just in case anyone wants to improve their self-awareness or get a taste of what a therapist would talk to you about. If you saw any of yourself in my odd posts up above.

Back