Darknesses Collide.

Giga Bit

The Definition of Insanity
@TMITM

Nick stood invisible in the shadows, watching. He was watching for traces of the source of his abilities. He was weak now, he needed to build his abilities to dominate this world. He hated it. He saw a blindfolded stranger, he was confused. How can he see? He thinks, shifting through the shadows. He then assumed that this stranger could be an outlet for The Abyss. He then became visible, approaching Blindfold. "Hello," Nick says in his deep, growly voice.

Blindfold had seen the man, known as Nick, who had been 'invisible', but Blindfold, of course, could still see him. No illusion or projection of any kind would ever fool his Sight - the Man in the Mirror had ensured that.
Blindfold nodded and returned the greeting.
"Hello."

Nick forcefully pulled Blindfold into the alley, the late afternoon sun had started to burn his skin.
"How can you see?" Nick blatantly asked without any consideration of Blindfold's opinion of him. He needed to know who this guy was, and if he had any affiliation to The Abyss.

Blindfold didn't look at him - he didn't need to.
"It's... a long story. Why do you ask? And why were you following me?"
Blindfold had been taught to be wary of people like this, people that seemed all too interested in him, interested in the Man, in supernatural things. Often, they were dangerous.
Blindfold saw that the mystery man had begun to burn in the sun - interesting. He'd save that little tidbit of information for later.

"Simply curious.." Nick hissed. If he was being honest, this mystery man probably did have Abyssal abilities, that or he was a by-product of it.
Nevertheless, he knew that Blindfold was powerful, and he needed his energy to stay alive. That or the stranger could show him the source of his abilities, maybe it was that blindfold he wore? "What are you?" Nick finally asked.

"It's..." Blindfold said as he thought. "... a long story."
And it really was - Blindfold didn't care to explain just what he was, what the Man in the Mirror was, or what Blindfold thought he was, to this stranger whom he just met. Now that he thought about it, it was curious that this stranger was interested in him. Most people just stayed away.
Blindfold kept up his casual demeanor, but was on guard for this man. His supernaturally boosted intuition told him that this man was dangerous - and planning to exploit him. They both knew that this stranger wasn't just a friendly face. He wasn't actually 'just curious'. Blindfold almost laughed. What a halfhearted lie. The Man warned him to be cautious and started prepping the Ink for a fight.
Blindfold forcefully removed the stranger's hand from his person.
"I think I'll be going now."

Nick laughed. "You can't leave yet.. we've just met. Stay a while.."
Blindfold could feel something moving among the shadows, almost as if they themselves had been animated, nevertheless they had been moving towards him ever since Nick started their conversation.
The masked figure beckoned for him to follow him into the darkness. "Come see the wonders of the darkness which I have come to love and cherish.. Come see the force which has given me life.."

Blindfold raised an eyebrow. "I can't?"
Blindfold felt the darkness closing in - something that couldn't obscure his vision, but he still felt it.
"No thanks, " Blindfold said, forcefully. "I've experienced enough darkness for a lifetime."
Blindfold hated masks. They obscured too much of what a person's face was, and they encouraged a feeling and habit of insecurity. Blindfold had experienced that in many entities he had encountered.

Shadelight's hand went back to Blindfold's shoulder.
"Then we might have to get not so friendly, my friend." He sighs, then pulled the seemingly blind man into the alley, where the tendrils of darkness surrounded him, biting at his entire body with a draining sensation.

Back