Deus Ex Machina Dawn Staircase

Monster the Vamelfaer

Sells all the Shubi
Dawn Staircase
If the small ladders and spiral staircases between the Sun Level and the Moon Level are the veins of the city, the Dawn Staircase is the main artery. The Dawn Staircase isn't actually a staircase like its name might suggest, rather it's a large ramp that allows two-way carriage traffic, as well as foot traffic. After dawn, this area is generally packed with people moving their goods from one half of the city to the other, and there are a multitude of small vendors lining the Staircase in order to sell treats to anyone who might get stuck in mid-day traffic. The Dawn Staircase is the only way to get between the two levels if you happen to be carrying more than what your two hands can hold.

Last edited:
Ophelia Kournova - Entering the Dawn Staircase

Ophelia was feeling a lot better now that Mors had accepted her apology. As the two of them and Marjory made their way up the dawn staircase, she couldn't help but look the god over anew. His human form was certainly handsome, hardly a face she'd associate with death itself, but perhaps that was another layer to him that she'd neglected to see before. She looked forward to getting to know the god of death better, properly this time.

As they came to a stop on a spiral staircase, Ophelia looked at her companions and asked. "So, what's our current plan? I missed the agreement in the temple so I'm a tad lost. Apologies again for that by the way." She said, slightly embarrassed at her lack of professionalism earlier.

Mors - Dawn Staircase

The Staircase was still packed with traffic, and aside from those lucky enough to be on the sidewalk, it was entirely gridlocked. Though the sidewalk itself was mostly empty; apparently people weren't too keen on walking in the dark. Already people from the Moon Level were working on lighting the lower half of the Staircase, though whether they would share that light with the Sun Level remained to be seen. Auroris was funny that way. They always acted like there were two factions within their city, and it tended to backfire on them. Mors figured they would probably do well to learn from some of the other cities he'd visited and and actually work together every once in a while.

"I was planning to check the Temple of the Sun to see if Luna chose to grieve for her dead husband. I doubt it, but if she did it would certainly be enlightening news. The other two in our group are most likely going to try to find Luna's Blades through some of their contacts. Either that or they simply left, which I can't say I'm entirely opposed to either."

Ophelia Kournova - Dawn Staircase

She nodded to Mors as her question was answered, letting out a little giggle at his assessment of the brothers. "I can certainly agree with that in regards to the older brother, the younger though seems to be the smart and charismatic one of the two." She eyed him seriously for a moment. "I've actually been meaning to ask, the younger brother screamed that the older had made a deal with you, putting the younger's life on the line. What was the nature of this deal?"

"I doubt that is something of importance right now." He sighed lightly, amused by the curiosity and chatty nature of this woman. If he was not going to let Medella know about this deal, he wasn't about to tell a mortal about it either. With a nod, he turned to continue on his path. "Now we should move our attention back to the matter at hand. It seems to be more pressing at the moment." Mors sincerly hoped that Luna was at the temple, it would make most of this a little easier to manage.

Back