Akashic Arcana Day 3: The Reunion

Erenkuron66

It was a beautiful day. Birds singing, flowers blooming, and the many students from different places conversing. Though, it seemed as usual, Eren walked alone. There was a small radius around him that everyone walked around, though nothing stopped them from walking into and around him like everyone else. It was the usual thing for Eren, but something felt... different. For a split second, the halls stopped as he passed someone who passed, almost brushing his shoulder. It wasn't a big change, but it was something different. Someone who wasn't afraid of him, and that was something he didn't dislike, but was estranged to. He looked back for a moment, and saw a girl still walking, a radius of space around her just as he had. Who was the girl, he wondered?
He saw another one with her, clearly a bodyguard-like figure, but something about her was... familiar. Eren made a note to stay away from the two if he could, because the only ones he knew of that had such a frightened avoidance by people were the confederates... and with the problems he already had, he didn't need the drama or possible danger that came with the two. So as he stepped outside, taking a few breaths on the wall while rubbing his neck gently, he could only hope he could escape the confederacy's clutches, eventually...

Anastasiya was walking down the hallway alongside her companion; Viktoriya, discussing the current situation at the Academy. As she had just arrived at the Academy, she was being shown around and guided throughout the hallways and rooms so that she had a grasp of the area. Of course she would take the opportunity to study the area for potential ambush spots, enemies and other things that could pose a threat to Viktoriya. As she was trained to be a deadly assassin and bodyguard, she kept a strong and intimidating appearance, as she had a large Sniper Rifle on her back, and two firearms on either side of her waist belt. To say that she wasn't prepared for anything would be a understatement.

As she was walking by, she caught a glimpse of a familiar silhouette in the corner of her eye, causing her to contemplate things in her mind. "( Hmm... Where have I seen him before... I've only been here for a very short period of time.) " She muttered to herself as she continued listening to her protectee. Where did she recognise him from? Could he of been a relative? Regardless of those feelings, she considered her job first before such trivial matters.

"Find them... they are your friends... They can help... find them."
His voice resonated as it often did within eren's mind, but as usual, he resisted. They would kill him on site if they saw him, especially if they knew about his AWOL status. He had to avoid them at any costs, he thought. He stood and walked towards his dorm, slowly breathing deep, heavy breaths as he came in and locked the door, before falling to his knees. It wasn't just the voice doing this, he thought. What was going on? He held his neck for a moment, remembering. It was him... he was pulling Eren towards them, trying to get him either killed or thrown back into his grip. Eren shook his head, thinking. He needed some kind of distraction, perhaps... But nothing he could think of could stray his mind from the two, the device moving past the subtle voices and moving towards complete control. The device was somehow fixing itself. But how...?
Eren stood and walked out the door. He needed to take his mind away from any of this, he had to forget about the women before he was pulled to them and he would be killed... or worse.

She continued to walk alongside her protectee until they got to the Cafeteria. She suggested that she'd sit on the table opposite of her to both keep an eye on her more easily, while also keeping up the guise that she was not completely affiliated. It was a good strategy to perform, as he would give a false sense of security, while also providing a large sense that she was under constant surveillance. Purchasing a dinner of Bacon, Eggs and Chips, she took a seat at the table opposite the Emperor's Daughter, and dug in. Almost all eyes were pointed towards her when she quietly spoke. "Don't mind me. My appearance here is of no concern to you all. Enjoy your food." She muttered as politely and professionally as possible.

"Hmm... Just who was that person... Why did they look so familiar to me..." She muttered to herself, trying to recollect who they could possibly be while she slowly eat away at her dinner.

Eren looked at his watch, sighing. He was glad that the doctor told her to stay away from the campus grounds now, it almost gave him an excuse to avoid the two. But there was something in the back of his mind... something that told him that his distance from them would not last. But, he would try to make it last as long as he could.
He packed up the small bag of his things, walking out of his dorm and thinking about her words, walking towards the exit of the dorm building. Hopefully this was what he needed to keep out of the confederacy's sights.

*Transmission incoming!*

"Anastaysia. I have a small side job for you."
His voice carried with a confidence that was held by barely any men. The medals on his chest made small noises as he spoke. The board room he sat at remained empty excluding his presence. "Perhaps you'll enjoy it more because of the personal attachment, but whether you do or not, it's important."

She was within the midst of her food when all of a sudden her communicator rang. She immediately picked it up and heard a familiar voice come through. "Emperor? You have a mission for me? I thought my primary concern was the protection and safety of your daughter?" She uttered, a bit confused that a side job would be offered to her when the main one he had enforced onto her was of utmost concern.

"Perhaps I'll enjoy it more because of personal attachment? What could you possibly mean by that, sir? (Maybe that sight I had experienced prior to entering the Cafeteria relates to this sudden call? Hmm...) "She exclaimed in a confused manner, then thought about the encounter with that familiar figure. Maybe they did connect?

"Her safety is your main priority. But this takes second, and is close to equal importance."
He sent her an image as he spoke. "Let me show you. Years ago, I held a ceremony in honor of one man, who was used to test a new kind of bio morphing our regime wanted to use. It was for infiltration, power without the physical change. I had called it the IED: Infiltration and Espionage Device. There was only one made, and the subject of the test is currently attending that school after going AWOL from our ranks. He somehow made it from Moscow to PACT east, and now he's there. I see this as an opportunity to test the flaws within our device, although it is our only one. It is imperative that you watch him and see how he is reacting at certain times. I can assign other forces to her side from the shadows for these brief times, but unless I ask you to watch him, you are still to remain with Viktoriya." He sat back in his chair, the image of Eren fading. "Keep an eye out for him, and tell me if his behavior ever becomes aggressive or violent. That is what we look for. He is most likely going to avoid you and Viktoriya at all costs, but you must keep watch over him, either from the shadows or by befriending him."

He thought for a moment. "And if you remember... he and you shared a place at my side briefly, before we began the tests and augmentations."

"Understood sir." She exclaimed, taking the picture and studying it closely and thoroughly, while taking in everything he was saying. If he was a test subject for a new type of augmentation, then he might be unpredictable in terms of combat and ability, so in case a fight broke out, she had to be careful not to provoke him. She also had to ensure that she was hidden at all times.

Finishing her meal, she left her communicator on and approached Viktoriya, saluting. "Miss Viktoriya. Something had just come up from back home that requires my attention. I'll be away for a moment. Be safe, ma'am." She exclaimed, and then turned off her communicator and walked out of the Cafeteria, now on the search for Eren. She kept to the shadows of the hallways, while blending into the environment. This was similar to a job she had to perform before coming to the Academy. She's had enough experience in Espionage and Stealth where she had a very strong sense of reflex and stealth.

"(Hmm. They were close to me? And they went AWOL? What could be the source of this? No matter. A mission is a mission, and I must follow it to the letter, good or bad.)"

Eren walked out of the building, carrying his things towards the main building. He looked around, thinking. It felt like he was being watched, like there were people all around him, staring at him. But besides the people rushing to their classes, there was nobody who even glanced his way. It was strange enough that he felt this, but the voice came to him again, but this time more faint. "They're here... they're here to help you, they know what's wrong. Your friends..."
Eren leaned on the wall, muttering to himself.
"Get out of my head... shut up already..."
The voice stopped, making sure one word had made its way into eren's mind.
"Anastaysia..."

Eren looked up, then sighed. "She's alive..." It didn't seem possible... was she at the school? But how, he wondered? Was she alright? Did she...
did she remember him?

Anastaysia found a unmanned tower of the Academy and perched onto the window, planting her Sniper Rifle onto the edge and looking down the scope. She was constantly referring to the image she was sent to try to find him. "Where could he be... I last saw him walking that way." She muttered to herself, looking down her scope as she was thoroughly investigating the area.

Then she spotted him, standing still out in the open and staring into the sky. "There he is." She exclaimed as she planted her Sniper back onto her back and proceeded to run down the building to get closer to him. She made sure to keep silent, not to alert him to her presence. "If he's indeed gone AWOL, he could be a threat to the academy and to the Emperor's Daughter. I need to keep him on very tight surveillance."

Eren looked down, wiping his face off. "God... if she's really here, I don't know whether to be joyed or terrified..." He sighed, walking back towards the dorms. He had to think, at least for a moment, to get everything to make sense. For one thing, why was she here? Could she have been sent to kill him, or drag him back, kicking and screaming to Romanov? Or was it something...
He stopped himself. He saw her for 2 weeks and she was gone, he was being stupid. She practically worships Romanov, he should know she would hold her allegiance to him over anything. But if so... what was he supposed to do?
He walked into the dorm building, quickly entering his dorm and locking the door again. Deja Vu in more ways than one, he thought, as he sat on his bed and sat his bag down. "God, what's going to happen...?" He shook his head. So many confusing things around him, what was he supposed to do?

After much running and walking, she made it outside of the Dormitory Building, looking around for any sign of entry. "Hmm. He must be in here. I need to see if he is legitimately the one I'm tasked after. Otherwise this would of all been for nothing." She muttered to herself as she quietly entered the Dormitory Building.

"For a Academy, this place is very nice and well kept. And every room appeared to have labels of who's residing there. That should make this easier." She exclaimed to herself, beginning to look at each door's number and name. Eventually she would find his, but it took time. Who knows what floor he could be living on?

Eren looked outside, 3 stories above the ground floor. He looked down at the ground, just after the woman entered. He sighed, watching the building be evacuated by the students who had exited their classes, now all of them dispersing to their many different lives. Eren shook his head and sighed, sitting on the edge of his bed while he held his head. So many questions were running through his mind, but one thing was above everything else. "Why is she here?"
Eren stood, walking over to the box that held everything he had brought with him to the place. One thing in particular: His black military uniform, the bronze star still clipped onto the shoulder. he took it and held it, sitting back down. He looked over it for a moment.
"The Bronze Star. One piece of a medal I'm sure you'll obtain, soon enough..."
Eren threw the medal back into the box, shaking his head. "I can't... I won't go back..." He also knew he couldn't fight the girl that had come here, no matter what her reasoning was.

"Excuse me." She muttered to a student that blocked her path just outside of Eren's dormitory. "Why should I move out of the way for you Confederate? You just like shoving yourself in here and showing off your military might, don't you?" The boy responded. "Listen. I'm not in the mood for your childish games. Just let me past, and I won't have to hurt you. Understood?" She exclaimed with a strong air of professionalism behind her. "Dude, just let her past. Let's not cause trouble." A girl yelled out to the boy, forcing him out of her way. "Sorry to of gotten in your way..." "No problem. Just don't let it happen again." She exclaimed, giving off a smile for a short period before approaching Eren's door.

"Now to check if he's home."

Eren looked up as he heard the small debacle outside. He approached the door when he heard the boy reply, making him freeze. Was she here for him? He sighed and walked back to his bed, sitting down. if so, he would have to fight. But if, for some reason, she wasn't here to drag him back to Romanov... then he couldn't just attack her. Finally, he decided. Act like he didn't remember, perhaps she would not attack. But he had to be prepared if she did. He thought for a minute, a closed space, so a melee weapon would work best. He checked his pocket, making sure his small pocket knife was concealed but easy to get to if needed. He sighed, thinking about what would happen in the next mere minutes, but for now, all he could do was wait.

She could feel something telling her that he was in there, while something else was telling her he wasn't in there. She had looked around to see that the rest of the dormitory was empty. So she had no reason to hold back. Without hesitation, she opened the door and walked in.

"I finally found you. Now I've been told not to eliminate you, but you are certainly someone interesting to the Emperor. And he claims that we might be related but we do not look anything similar." She exclaimed, readying her right hand to grab either her X-30 or her Vrav Sidearm in case he were to retaliate. "So how about we make this nice and simple, and tell me why exactly you've been tagged with the AWOL Title, and just maybe I might let you live."

Eren froze when she entered, his head bowed as he sat, thinking as she spoke. He listened to everything she had to say before slowly standing, looking at the woman face to face. "Because if you kill me, then one of the confederacy's most innovative devices will be destroyed." He sighed. "I don't suppose he gave you a good reason for getting me?" He crossed his arms, looking down. "Look. The reason I was given the AWOL tag is because I did leave. They abducted me, and experimented on me for years before they shoved a piece of metal into my neck which not only heightened my abilities... it also kept my human appearance. And that's why he needs me. But I refuse to go back there ever again." He walked around the dorm for a bit, slowly, while he thought of what to say. "Go ahead and shoot me if you want, but when he hears about it, you and me will be in the same place." he hesitated. "And, no. We're not related. But when you were taken in, me and you stayed together before we were both subject to those tests." He leaned on the wall, looking out the window. "Plus..." He reached into his box and took out his Bronze star. "I think that you would be accustomed to show respect of someone of my accomplishment. If you could call it that." He held the medal out in front of her for a moment, before tossing it back into the box. "So, tell me. What did you come here to do? Drag me back to Romanov?"

She took a seat on his bed and crossed her legs, listening intently to what he had to say. She made mental note of what had transpired and even wrote some of it down for safe keeping. When he was finally finished, she stood up and gave him a serious expression. "My orders were clear. I am to keep watch over you and ensure that you do not get hurt or do anything stupid. While I am looking after his daughter here, I am also in charge now to ensure that you are not a threat." She muttered, walking to the window.

"Even if you are someone close to me before those experiments occurred, you're one to talk about abduction. He took me in during my time of need. You believe he snatched you when in reality he lifted us up from our plights and rebirthed us. Something of which, you seem to not be able to comprehend." She stared out into the window, observing everything and looking towards the sky.

"I will make this, very clear. Understand?" She exclaimed, now staring right into his eyes, giving off a look of intimidation and authority. "If I end up hearing anything about you causing trouble here for me, or Viktoriya, or the Confederacy as a whole? Then I will have no choice but to take you out of the equation and have the Emperor sort you out. If I have the permission to kill, I will not hesitate to do it. Are we crystal?"

He looked outside as she did, thankful that she was at least letting him speak rather than attacking and hauling him away. But when she was told only to keep watch... it confused him more than anything else.
But as she talked about plight and rebirth, he only sighed. "I suppose to someone in need, it seemed like a good thing. But he did much more than just pick me up from the streets... he was the reason I was put into them in the first place, and then... he made me nothing but a weapon for his own use."
Once she looked to him and spoke, he didn't react. He only nodded. "I guarantee I'll give the confederacy trouble... just not from here. Not for a while." He shook his head, looking outside. "You havent realized... in spite of everything you have done for them, eventually they will be done with you, cast you away like trash. Not because you're flawed, not because you made a mistake. But because you're not relevent." He sighed. "But you dont have to worry about me hurting anyone here. If I do, it won't be me doing it." He rubbed his neck. "It'll be your emperor's doing. and I doubt that he'll hurt someone from the confederacy, especially if that person has their own bodyguard." he looked back. "That's another reason you're here, right? To protect that girl?"

"Think what you want." She exclaimed, clearly dismissing that statement. She was way too loyal to the Emperor to believe he'd just toss her away, not after what he did for her. "Yes. I am here to ensure that Miss Viktoriya is safe and sound during her time at the academy. We've even forged a strong bond between each other, making her safety for me a priority one."

She then began to walk out of the room, again keeping a hand near her firearm in case he decided to jump her. "If you're that serious about causing the Confederacy trouble, then our relationship will not be a pleasant one. If I actually catch you causing trouble on our name, and I have permission to take the shot? Well." She exclaimed, holding up a bullet. "You'll have a special bullet with your name on it right in my cartridge. And you wouldn't want a unnecessary early end to your life now, would you? Hold onto that spark of life. Because there's a fine line here, and if you cross the wrong side? I'll be waiting." She exclaimed, opening the door and closing it behind her.

"Sigh. Looks like I'm going to be doing this the hard way. If he makes any trouble, he'll answer to me." She muttered and then walked off.

Back