Akashic Arcana Day 3: The Reunion

Eren shut the door as she left, wiping his face as he sat back down. "God..." He thought for a minute. "Why do I always end up in this situation...?" He thought. "I can never return to the confederacy after their acts, and if I do, it could mean the destruction of the world at Romanov's hands... but if I don't? I'll be hated by not only the confederacy, but the rest of the world only because I was raised there..." Eren sighed, taking out his knife and throwing it, the blade striking the wall and sliding into it halfway. A small plume of smoke emitted from the handle, red embers raising from it as well. Eren sighed and walked to the knife, taking it out while speaking. "Vernis' ko mne"
The knife's smoke dissipated as Eren sat back down, sighing.

**The Next Day**

Eren walked down, out of the dorms, the feeling of being watched always surrounding him the second he left his dorm. He walked down towards the cafeteria, his knife still in his pocket. He couldn't stop thinking about yesterday, but at the same time he was cautious of how it would reflect on today. Would she be watching him as well as the girl? He shook his head. He needed to figure out how to stop her hostility. He already had enough people hating him, perhaps they were the only ones that didn't hate him for where he was from. Now he hoped they didn't hate him for how he saw the place.

Incoming transmission

"Status report?"

"Just like you said. He has definitely gone AWOL. And he still harbours a hatred for the Confederacy." She stated with a serious tone. "As for the relation? He constantly kept muttering about how you kidnapped him and forced us on those experiments when I clearly knew the truth. Anyways. If I may sir, I have some questions of my own. He mentioned: A device. Something about him that makes him valuable in your eyes. Would you please give me some more information on him?" She exclaimed, slowly walking towards the Cafeteria. It was breakfast time after all.

Romanov nodded. "He doesn't appreciate the effort i put in to make him what he is. Many don't, that's nothing new, but with his power... it's one of the only things that I see as a true threat to my empire. But not any time soon." He sighed. "He told you about the IED, eh? Well, think of it as an AMP, but it doesn't give off any physical bio morphing. everything that happened to you was done to him, but that device is the only thing that makes him look like any other human. But that device is one of a kind at the moment. If I can get it back, then I could infiltrate any place in the world just by sending one man. That's why I need that device. But kill him, the failsafe in the device destroys it. It was made that way so that if he, or any other subject of the device, was killed or captured, then nobody could find it or trace it back to us." Romanov nodded. "Otherwise, i'd let you put a bullet in his head at this very moment. But that device must be intact." He leaned forward, his face clearly visible. "My daughter comes back for holiday break in three days. I want Eren with you when you return. Unharmed." He furrowed his brow. "I can find protection for my daughter when she comes back. But if you can't bring him back... don't bother coming back at all. I'll be waiting for the 3 of you." He leaned back, his face falling back into the shadow. "Dismissed."

Transmission end

Eren entered the cafeteria, looking around as he walked to the line waiting for food.
"See you soon, Kuron."
He looked around a bit, before rubbing his neck, realizing the voice.
"... What are you planning, Romanov?"

"If you can't bring him back... don't bother coming back at all..." Those very words echoed in her head. Was what Eren said true? Would the Emperor just throw her away like trash if she couldn't complete one job? Impossible. It must be impossible, she refused to believe anything that traitor said. She continued walking until she reached the Cafeteria, entering the line to discover that she was right behind Eren.

"(Hmm... Maybe I could find a way to remove the device from him and then this would all be over...)"

Eren could almost feel the woman's presence s she walked behind him, one hand going into his pocket, inches from his knife. He never struck preemptively, but just in case, he needed to watch his back. But as he looked through his phone, halfway trying to distract himself from the danger that the device is almost yelling at him to either fight or run. But he ignored it as many times he does, and just kept to himself as he went through the line. He didn't speak, he didn't turn around. He only listened and held a hair trigger, so that if she did grab or attack him, he could defend himself. However, the words he had heard still ran through his mind. "See you soon, Kuron." Eren sighed, wondering what was going to happen.

Eventually the line moved and she had grabbed a pre-prepared meal of... You guessed it: Chips, Eggs and Bacon. Seems she's managed to get a regular meal imprinted into the system for her. She took a seat at her regular spot and kept on contemplating the mission. But she kept on thinking about what he said. "Or don't bother coming back at all... Or don't bother coming back at all..." She muttered to herself, slowly eating her food.

"Sigh... A mission is never easy, is it? Not once can there be no complications. I can't take him out due to the failsafe, and he expects him to co-operate with us as we take him back to the one place he swore never to return to."

Eren gave a slow sigh of relief as he walked to sit down, seeing the woman let him be. It wasnt even that she scared him so much as it was his reputation already being hell, didnt need anymore trouble. He walked and sat down at the table beside the girl, on the opposite end. As he ate the small meal of a sausage and egg burrito, he still wondered what was in store for him over thr next few days. Then, he had a thought. What had happened to her?
He briefly glanced at the girl before going back to his food. Her skin, her mind. She obviously went through a lot in the confederacy, but what was the difference between the bio morphing she endured and that of the humonculis? He shook his head, not wanting to know.
"See you soon, kuron."
He had a bad feelimg about this.

She watched as he took a seat at the table opposite her. She continued to dig into her food but she repeatedly kept on flashing him concerned looks every now and then. One person walked up to her and asked her for an autograph, in which she graciously accepted. "Um. While I do appreciate people liking me for my expertise, but why did you want an autograph---" And the girl that approached her walked off back to her friends.

"Hmm. Must of been with the Confederacy if she knew about me. Whatever." She exclaimed, as she dug into her food once again. She repeatedly flashed her eyes towards him over and over again like before, constantly keeping an eye on him. She was not letting him out of her sights, not even for a second.

Eren thought about the words that he heard still,before standing and walking towards the exit. He needed to clear his mind, he thought. So there was one place he needed to go, the place he could relax, even for a moment.
Eren walked out of the cafeteria, rubbing his neck as he walked towards the exit of the building.

"He's leaving again. Time to go back to work." She exclaimed to herself as she finished up and exited the cafeteria. Unfortunately she ran into one problem; there were barely anyone occupying the hallways, meaning that she would be easily spotted without trouble. "Ugh... Guess I'll have to go stealth." She exclaimed as she utilised her Body Augmentation's extra feature, and went completely invisible.

"Now I can follow him without trouble. But this stealth doesn't last long, so hopefully this won't drag on."

Eren walked out of the building, listening closely to the small sounds of the hall as he walked, passing through the door.
(She thinks she's subtle.) He heard footsteps even after he stepped out, the tile almost instantly giving her away. But he continued walking, holding his arm to his chest as he made his way towards the dorms. If she was following him, she had better have a reason, he thought. Though, he had an idea of what that idea was already. It terrified him, but he knew being scared did nothing. Only action prevents action. He just hoped he didn't have to act.

"Ugh... Curse this academy for having delicate floor tiles..." She whispered to herself, realising that one little noise could of attracted his attention, and made him aware of her presence. Regardless, she proceeded to silently follow Eren despite the obvious noise she created. "If only this guy could be more co-operative, then maybe it would be easier. But he just seems to have a burning hatred for the Confederacy despite the Emperor treating him like one of his own... Hmph. If only I had the opportunity to remove that special device he kept muttering on about, I could dispose of him and state that he went mad."

Eren entered the dorm building, thinking. Then, he had an idea. "духи, спрячь меня от света." Within a moment, aplume of smoke surrounded him, and almoststuck to his body, making him almost invisible. He looked around the room of the lobby before hiding in a darkened corner, now completely out of site as the door shut. Now he only had to wait. The hunter was about to be the hunted. He needed to see what this girl intended to do.

"Where is he..." She exclaimed as she couldn't find him. This was a first where the target she was supposed to keep an eye on could not be found. "Ugh... Why can't things be easy? Sigh... Guess I'll just explore the Academy a little bit then." She murmured as she uncloaked and walked off. Something about her seemed suspicious. Why was she giving up so easily?

Eren narrowed his eyes, knowing that someone like her could never up and give up like that. She followed him too close to think he could have went somewhere else that quickly.
Eren kept cloaked, the smoke bending light waves to keep him out of site as he walked to the steps, looking to the doors to see her whereabouts before he quietly moved upstairs.

"Missions like these are never easy..." She exclaimed to herself as she continued walking away. "(Perhaps this is all just a mere ploy? A test of my skill? Why would he continue running away from me? Wait, that's too obvious to answer. But in which case, why would he go through the trouble of staying here if he knew he was wanted?)" She thought as she stopped moving for a moment and recollected her experiences.

"(Hmm... Maybe he was inside there... Alright. I'm going to need to find a way of keeping track of him without him even knowing.)"

Eren sighed as the smoke faded away, just after he shut and locked the door to his room. He sighed and sat on his bed, shaking his head. "Why do they keep following me...? This has to end, one way or another. I can't live in fear of them anymore... What am I supposed to do, then? Going back means almost certain death... But if I don't, then I'll be subject to a life of fear and suffering. Oh, this is madness..." Eren sighed, looking out the window. "I won't have it. A quick death is better than a life of suffering... But going back, he knew he would suffer much more, both from humiliation and pain before he was killed. What to do, what to do, he thought...

*3 hours later*

Eren sat in the magic and gun range, thinking as he sat in front of the target down the range, about 50 yards away. Eren was not allowed to use any weapons due to his diagnosis, but that didn't stop him from at least going to practice his aim with his magic. He stood, and again he could feel the cold that he had seen in many visions, and the face... The scar over his left eye, and the matted beard. Before the man in front of him could even speak, Eren fired.
The paper on metal target was hit, dead center. The paper slowly burned outwards from the center as Eren snapped back to reality. He sighed and shook his head. He knew what he could do. There was only one way he could end all of this.

*incoming transition*

"Status report?"

"He keeps evading me. He's definitely gotten some experience involving running away and hiding." She exclaimed, confirming her report. "No matter how much I keep watch over him, he still insists on revealing nothing." She explained, chowing down on her food in the cafeteria. "My apologies if I'm not exactly living up to my expectations. This boy is quite resilient and difficult."

"I understand. After all, he was heightened for both infiltration and stealth purposes. But this is something that cannot be failed, arachne. If I could make this any easier, I could. But that failsafe is the one thing that makes this so difficult. We can't kill him, and the device is fused with his spine, so trying to judt rip it out will set it off as well. We have to bring him in alive with it so the doctors can examine it before they remove it in surgery. That will kill him, but the device will remain intact. They know how to remove it, but nobody at the academy does."
He sighed, and leaned forward to the light. The scar on his left eye almost glimmered in the light, but his beard gave him a more gristled look. "You have had no problem with plenty of others. I expect results. 2 more days, and he better be on that train when it leaves. Get him, or i'll find someone who can. If you can't complete a simple extraction... Then what use to me would you be?"
He sat back, hanging up. "Just get it done."

"Sigh..." She sighed heavily after he hung up and continued to dig into her food. "It's not that simple..." She exclaimed angrily. "He's too damn resilient! What part of resilient does our Emperor not understand?! Sigh... Compose yourself... Compose yourself... Okay. I need to do my research." She then reached for her phone and began to look up the Confederacy Bulletin Board for any kind of information on Eren. "Hopefully I can find more information on him, and maybe set a trap."

Back