Day of Illumination[6th Millenium Festival/OPEN]

Status
Not open for further replies.
[Chaulsyrime Wqeathe]

There, in the fray, as if the sun rising to chase the gloom of night away--a radiant beacon flooding into his very soul, Chicken of the Egg. Out from the crowd chicken creature rose seemingly out of some end of caution but no matter for chickens sanguine wings betrayed Chaulsyrime, Soon Egg quest would surely meet its end. Upon the pivot of his foot his body as a whole cuts to face the chicken monster picking up speed breaking out into an out right running flight dashing by a alcove near some sort of medical building. (Hayfa) Chaul spots the short man, the must be owner of the chicken thing trying to sulk away into some alley SURELY to HOG all those eggs for himself, the bastard! thought Chaul but right then the short man suddenly was assaulted Slowing down Chaulsyrime expands his chest out with a deep inhale and with all his verbal power compressed into a single word explodes a throat thundering 'HEY' Right out at the alley. Picking up speed Chaulsyrime happens to pass near the chicken (Meredith)

Should Meredith give note to the large lizardfolk male and should she then dare to lock eyes with him, a passing of time alien to the mundane would shadow them both. From the black of Chaulsyrimes cowl yellow eyes boil, burning on the delusional fuel of a festering mind reached out to hers with a vice of teeth. Chaulsyrimes predatory leer shackled unto her demanding Meredith to listen as from his lips crooked with a starved smile vile words trickled out to shape a word he nocked to his libs and shot out at her aiming for the heart.
Jingle
" C h i C K---- E n"
jangle
Should Meredith ignore or not see chaulsyrime would only experience some idiot running past her whispering some sorta non sense out at her between the jingle-jangle of a bell.

Before any reaction on Merediths part Chaulsyrime would follow where the short man had gone (Falkas) creeking out on an itchy voice "Heeeey Footstool where you go!? That your LooOng chicken over there!?" popping a thumb to his back at Meredith as he got closer to where the short man fled to. Pulling out a few coin bags that all don't match and even have the family names of their owners on them.

"How much you sell its eggs for...?!" Chaul sounds out he he nears the corner of the alley.

Hayfa Ashemark
Hayfa transformed her fingers on her hand into sharp blades. When the gnome was more or less in front of her spot she leaped out of her hiding spot and grabbed him with her good arm and pinned him to thr wall. She let her bladed fingers rest against his throat.

"Tell me, was that you and your harpy who set off those fireworks?"she hissed. "Do you know how many people got hurt? Or got killed? Not to mention the attempted assault on Princess Jian? Do you know know what the penalty is for treason?"

[Meredith]

A lot of things happened in the space of a few moments. A lot of uncomfortable things. It was enough to drive the already agitated Harpy over the tipping point, and plunged her into a foul mood. Not one, not two, but three separate people had managed to grind on her nerves unimaginably.
Meredith stumbled back when a hulky lizardfolk barrelled past her, prompting her to snap a salty 'excuse you'. The distraction allowed her to miss Falkas being dragged back. In fact, she only knew where he'd gotten to, when the lizard prompted to ask one of the most tempter igniting questions Meri had ever heard in her life.
"Who are YOU calling a chicken, you toad?!!"
Meredith snarled with bared teeth, scraping her talons against the pavement in wasted efforts at intimidation. The comment undoubtedly ruffled a few feathers, and she promptly moved to interject herself between him and Falkas to spew some choice words. She would have done it, too-- If someone hadn't grappled her by the throat and pulled her into a much similar situation to the Gnome. She didn't catch everything said, but it was enough to get the tone. They were being accused.

Flapping and twisting herself out of the creeps grasp (or him letting go), Meredith shot up to put distance between herself and the group, glaring with the scrunch-faced fury to rival a dragon.
"What, by the mountain's peak, are you doing??? We're trying to get our stuff and leave before this city falls into ruin!! And the lot of you decide to pull us away in the panic???"
Cawing indignantly, she struggled to keep her flight straight due to shaking. Anger, rising concern, ever-present panic-- It all reared an ugly head.
"Get a grip before another firework bomb goes off!!"

After the initial surprise faded, Falkas indeed noticed this fine lady was in what he had deemed 'not fucking around mode' unfourtunately for Falkas fucking around was his default mode the first words out of his mouth being "how about buying me A drink first?" Expectant of the following kick or punch he guarded himself relatively well. Glancing at the woman's arm he noticed that she wasn't holding A blade but her hand WAS the blade. A new spew of threats from the angered woman got him talking as he proceeded to explain how his boss had been talking about setting off the fireworks early and how he had forced Falkas to connect faulty wires, the man was A drunk and A racist "my harpy friend here was spooked by the fireworks that's why we were on the roof".

Falkas crawled back away from the woman who was previously pinning him against the wall , three shadows were attempting to wrestle her to the ground. Falkas was about to run for it when he heard her cry out for help, reaching into his back pocket he pulled what looked to be A compacted ball of white dust. He struck it against the wall and it began glowing bright as the sun. Falkas threw the glowing mass at the woman covering her in A could of shining dust. The shades let out A deafening shreik as the stardust burned through there forms sending pain wracking into their owners body as they evaporated.

[Chaulsyrime Wqeathe]

Chaulsyrimes head jerks to a tilt "Did that chicken just say something? ah surely not that would be crazy..." Only to hear a fuss at his back and some cawing of some sort that made him shake his head in approval "Yes, yes. them be the chicken sounds.. must be hearing some one else." Entering now the alley the short man (Falkas) had entered he happens upon a strange sight, There before Chaulsyrime two short creatures both stressed and some what expended with female one (Hayfa) coated in white glowing coat with whatever it is all over the walls and some of the floor. All this he saw just after the sounds of something screaming. Chaulsyrime folds his armored right hand around his chest to prop up his left hand that laid its knuckled fist under his chin while the brow of his eye rose as high as it could go and a boyish grin cracked across his cheeks. in whimsical tone Chaulsyrime spoke out to the pair "Heard of the ...VIG-oRo-ouSsss stamina of the shorter races but this..." His nose darts side to side between the two of them "Well this is just damn impressive"

Hayfa Ashemark
How about buying me a drink first?

What he actually serious? What kind of thing was that to say when one was threatening you? She couldn't think of anything to say to that. Hayfa started to press down harder with her blades, trying to impress on him how serious she was being. Of course then he started to talk and explain his side of the story. She pulled her hand away so she could hear him talk properly. The gnome was talking about his boss and early fireworks and faulty wiring. Which didn't admittedly sound like he was a terrorist. Just someone with a lousy boss. Hayfa felt somewhat foolish...but only a little because this could be a lead.

"Do you think your boss could have been involved somehow? You know tampered with-"she began.

The nineteen year old never finished this line of questioning. Three shadow puppets emerged from out of nowhere and kicked her away from the gnome. Shit, it was probably that psycho spirit again . She tried to fight them, lashing out with her blades and other hand, but she was losing badly. The attack had taken her by complete surprise and she was probably too injured. She was being forced into the ground. Oh god, she was going to die in this alleyway, unless....

"Help! Please, I'm sorry, this has been a very stressful day....I'll make it up to you I swear. "she cried.

Thank god, the gnome ended up listening. He threw some kind of white ball that coated her in some substance that got rid of the shadows holding her. And now she was covered in glowing white stuff. This was turning into one of the worst days of her life. And oh, the lizardman man was not improving it at all.

"Never mind that shit! Everyone get out of here....go to the healing house-"she stopped to gesture towards the building next to her. "Warded with light magic against shades....need time....talk...without dealing with pyscho....."

She hobbled forward as fast as she could...swaying slightly. Blood loss. Hayfa wasn't paying attention to if any of them were following her or not...just trudged into the building.

[Chaulsyrime Wqeathe]

Chaul moved aside for the small female creature to move out(Hayfa), as she would walk out he perverts her path with a wall of verbal vomit

"Heey there Ssstumps don't mean to ruin your time with foot stool over there but you can make coffee tables with your little meat smith later I gotta ask him some ques--"

He stops and blinks pointing to himself "Wait...you don't mean me...?"

Chaulsyrime sees now she was hurt but for whatever reason was not inspired to help or touch her in any way as he felt the stains would be hard pressed to remove. Glancing over to the small male (Falkas) for some sort of support or reaction while the thought that he may have misunderstood what was going on.

jingle jangle

Chaulsyrimes bell rings out to the small female (Hayfa) while subconsciously thinking about finding some sort of stick to jab at her and the other male seen with a questionable looks around the area.

Fable walks around and sees an odd group together. She paused and made her way toward them. Maybe one of them needed help? "Hello fellow persons... I mean uh... gosh darnit Ze'v. Hello fellow townspeople. Do any of you need help?" She felt her cheeks redden from embarrassment. "I'm not a healer but I know some tricks that may help someone make it to the hospital." Her voice had more of a growl than usual to it from her embarrassment. She then realized she recognized the Harpy and the shorter gentlemen. "Meredith?"

Falkas attempted as best he could to assist Hayfa in walking. On Seeing his new flying aquaintance death glaring the world he was reluctant in asking for her assistance. Then he spotted A woman walking toward them, she offered help but Falkas' hand still moved to his pistol, he was clearly shaken by the whole thing. the woman(fable) calling us "persons" reminded him of an old friend A very eccentric man that would come by his home town to trade. Falkas forced himself to relax calling "YES! this woman is hurt" he grunted as Hayfa leaned into him more "and heavy" as(I'm assuming) fable took the injured woman from him he pointed to A building "there! That building, she said it's warded". He stopped and look back to the lizardman "hey slimey, you wanna make some money? We need someone to watch the door." Falkas was counting on his hunch that Hayfa was part of the royal guard and could afford to reimburse him. Finally he looked to Meredith "whaddya say? Some intrigue? Find out what the hells going on?" He thought for A moment " there's no fireworks" :)

Fable glanced around for Ze'v wondering where he went. "I have an acquaintance that came with me.... He wears goggles on his head so if you see him please do not hurt him. I'm sure he'll be here soon." She dug through her bag and began to dress the woman's wounds. She did not bother with cleaning the wounds, the hospital could take care of that, she just needed to get the blood to stop flowing. Once she did what she could on that, she spoke softly to the woman. "You seem like a strong person but I'm going to carry you so you don't make your injuries worse. Please do not fight with me on this." Fable then picked up the woman, carrying her piggy back style. She glanced around for Ze'v hoping he was ok. She then started toward the building.

Trying to remember the name of the woman 'Fable' he reminded himself silently. As he walked in the other direction trying to make it to the explosion location to determine if it was going to go off any more. as Ze'v went he would stop and helped to move some people who were injured towards the gardens so they weren't in an area that would hurt them further. The injured person explained that the fireworks suddenly went off out of no where that lead a lot of people to start running in all directions afraid. the person that told him this had tripped and hurt their ankle.
Upon reaching the firework area he looked around and found himself feeling uneasy, the scent of gunpowder was strong as was the scent of fire. goose bumps on the back of his neck made him feel even more worried. noticing a few people unmoving and some spots that had caught fire he tilted his head. approaching a person who was laid face down, he bent down and checked to see if they were injured. quietly realizing he couldn't help this person he moved on and checked a few more. with each he checked he noticed none seemed to be breathing to him they appeared to have been trampled by people fleeing in fear. But he was no doctor all he knew is he couldn't smell much with the thick scent of gunpowder and fire in the air. Burt wood and the like messed with his nose and he felt like he had to sneeze to release the pressure but held it back and chose instead to move those he could.
Moving the bodies to another area so they were all together for easier identification. He noticed how empty the area was. he turned to the firework stand and scratched his head trying to figure out if the fireworks would randomly finish going off. Bending down he looked as close as he could to see if any hadn't been set off or if any of them had wicks left if they did he pulled the wicks out and set them to the side thinking maybe that would prevent them from going off.
After a while Ze'v stood and turned around looking around wondering where the woman went 'what was her name again?' letting out a sigh he looked at his hands Dirty now from the moving of people and the removal of the wicks. 'No matter I'm close to the guards that are posted normally when I enter town. I'll see if they can get some help' dusting off his hands he started to walk towards the main gates to locate a guard to assist him with the injured people.

The shade roared in anger. He could not touch Hayfa.. But he could touch the gnome.. He grabbed the gnome, tearing him in two, causing gnome blood to spray against the wall. Then proceeding to tear apart his shadow puppets in his anger. He glared where Hayfa had trudged off to. 'I can get rid of the shade wards.. But that'll take some time.' He mused. The shade then began the long process of disabling the wards.

You can't do this.

6) No killing other people's characters without their permission

8) No auto-hitting

Can you please back off a bit with Chase? It's getting a bit hard to advance the plot if we're constantly having to stop and fight him.

[Meredith]

As kind-hearted and sweet Meredith was, she offered no help to Hayfa outside of landing and using small breezes to push lingering shadow trails away. She had a face like a smacked cow- She was not happy with the state of events. Trudging behind Falkas and the injured woman she saw that things had hardly calmed down. However, her mood picked up a little, when a friendly face arrived.
"Ah, Fable, love- You've caught us all at a horrible time. Take care with this one--"
Meredith had a pointed glare at the injured woman, another chipper growl rumbling from her throat.
"She's a pointy one."

Crossing her arms over her chest, Meredith looked over at Falkas with distaste. Sure, no fireworks, but possibly something worse than fireworks. Then again...She did want to know. Gah, why must her curiosity murder her this way!?
"I suppose it's not just about leaving now, then? Alright. Fine. Let's go---"
Before she set off, she sent yet another glare towards the lizardfolk.
"If you hear him calling me a chicken again, tell me. I'll rip his face off."

[Chaulsyrime Wqeathe]

Chaulsyrime became distracted by the magic word of money and moved along at the short mans flank (falkas) looming near the door he had spoken of while on sly tone spoke out jingling his bell as he did so.

"Money? how much money? what we talking, watch the door means something is going on Pinching his fingers Something troublesome? and trouble means gOold. what would I even be looking out for?"

Only right then he felt it, a cold gaze at his person, icy and unpleasant this leer. Chauls eyes widen and glance about spotting the long chicken that made him smile as he sunk his look into her but it would leave him just as fast as it came. Long chicken (Meredith) spoke out to him making him freeze in place, slack open his jaw and bellow out his shock.
jingle jangle jingle
"BREATH OF CERULEA, YOUR LONG CHICKEN TALKS SHORT MAN!?!?!?……………….Does that mean I have to pay more for an egg?"
Jangle jingle jangle

Falkas pushed the door open "We need help!". He shouted over the moans and groans of the wounded and the shouts of healers, at first his plea seemed to go unheard. Soon an out of breath assistant quickly rushed over, Laying Hayfa on A bed the healers began their work tending wounds. Falkas' head began to pound, he reached into his pocket and pulled out the last bit of bonbon root and began chewing. Noticing the angry glare he tried to give A smile to Meredith "I think he was dropped in the egg, don't get too worked up over the whole shakes his head with his tongue out blah bleh chicken thing"

Last edited:
"We were not doing anything like that,"Hayfa hissed loudly, glaring at the lizardman. "We were under attack for gods sakes. Now can we please just get inside the healing house."

Her pride wanted to step away from the gnome's assistance in walking. The more rational part of her mind; the one she dubbed the Torcall and Jerrot voice won out. It wasn't that far to walk after all and there weren't that many people around to see it. He wasn't managing very well though and soon passed her off to another newcomer. Who was...well Hayfa wasn't sure what species she was right now, but was obviously better equipped to be dealing with taking the wait of a hybrid.

"Thanks,"she mumbled. "Yes...warded.....hurry."

She swung her head around to regard the harpy. She regretted the action a little bit as it gave her a worse dizzy spell.

"Yeah, pointy. Job....to.....pointy,"Hayfa said. "Scales should guard....from inside...so wards protect him too."

She didn't say any more after that. It was getting harder and harder to concentrate. Once they were inside they were immersed in a flurry of activity. The gnome yelled for assistance, and the healer was one who...Hayfa was fairly certain she recognized. The name was wouldn't come to her though.

"Hayfa Ashemark! What the bloody f--- have you been doing this time?"the healer,who squeezed her eyes closed with her fingers in an expression of someone long suffering, when she saw who her patient was. The woman, who was a tall, dark-skinned plains person quickly introduced as Rynee to the others."Seriously, you look like you've picked a fight with a wolverine or some such animal. Are you ever going to learn? Do your family even know where you are right now? Jerrot?"

She yelled at her even as she accosted more healers. They laid her off in a bed and started to work healing on her. The name came to her even as they worked. And oh, bringing up Jerrot was a low blow. They first healed her very bad leg and her arm.

"Look there was a shade-"she began. She received a death glare of doom. "Just long story okay? We need some privacy okay, so we can talk about some sensitive issues....can you..I mean I'm mostly healed enough that I just need you."she gestured at the other healers.

"Fine,"Rynee agreed. She directed the others off to go deal with the issues in the city, or to go deal with some of the more critical patients in the back. The harried looking woman a firm grip on the top of Hayfa's head though to keep her in place while she worked on her head. "Have your talk...I won't tell anyone."

Hayfa turned back to the gnome.

"Look you....can I have all your names? And gnomey boy finish telling me about your boss. Do you think he purposely tampered with the fireworks? Who hired you to do the fireworks tonight? What were they like? Could they have been involved too?"Hayfa asked.

Falkas let out A chuckle, he didn't like being called gnomey boy by someone younger than him(or at all for that matter) he smiled and helped himself to the painkillers when the healer was distracted leaving only A small bit. Falkas shrugged "the names Falkas and I knew the guy for like A week and from what I can tell, he was A lazy bastard who loved telling people off, I don't know much about it, I vaguely remember him talking to some fellows that looked to be of the Noble persuasion but I figured it was city planning crap" he paused for A moment "look I'm in the city on my own buisness, looking for A friend of my father's. I'm willing to help but I need to know what the hell is going on?".

Last edited:
"Fable, at your service." She always got weird stares when she introduced herself like that but she wanted people to know that she was friendly. "I am also in the city on my own business. I travel around a lot so I do not have a permanent home at the moment. I was in the gardens when I heard the explosions. I would not know what is going on."

Last edited:
Realizing the Guards had locked up the main gate Ze'v looked around a bit worried now. He turned looking back the way he had come from maybe the woman had found a guard to assist. Giving up on the idea of a guard coming to help he went back town square and moved as though he was heading across one of the bridges. His goal was to return to the Nova district to the arms handler and repair shop. He needed his Cross bow back. He didn't much care for the idea of being locked in a town without a weapon on him.
He traveled with a purpose down the streets once he noticed that other districts didn't seem to change how they were working he relaxed a bit approaching the shop he entered and requested his weapon back the keep gave a long drawn out speech about interrupting a repair and how dangerous it could be. He pulled out the money he had left and started counting out the bits he would normally pay for a completed repair.
The exchange went well other than the cross bow still needed bolts and that the shop keep didn't have any he could test the weapon out with to verify it worked properly before handing it back to his client. Ze'v shook his head and explained what happened at the city square and that several people were injured and some were dead. And that he didn't know what set off the Fireworks.
The shop keeper laughed and explained he wasn't worried about some odd thing that happened within the city he after all had lived here a very long time.
Feeling a bit better after chatting with them he went back to the city square and gave a sigh as he looked around the large area. With his cross bow firmly placed back on his wrist he no longer had a dreadful feeling in the pit of his stomach and now could continue looking for injured people.
He started to head east once he reached the square he wondered if he would meet back up with the woman 'fable?' he thought to himself 'or was it fate?' that's what he felt he deserved being distracted when asking for someone's name. 'she'll have every right to slap you if you see her again.' he scolded himself being distracted by his thoughts.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back