Day of Illumination[6th Millenium Festival/OPEN]

Status
Not open for further replies.
[Meredith]

Meredith didn't like temples. Whenever she had to deliver stuff here she wore something like a robe, or something that would help her blend in so she could continue without stopping. It didn't deter her though, and she followed the group inside.

"Meredith."
Offering her name flatly, Meredith resorted to lightly preening her wings as a small tick. The entire situation put her on the defensive, and she made sure to stick close to Fable and Falkas, and gave a split second, spite-filled look to anyone who got too close. Healer wards left a bad taste in her mouth.
"I live here. I do deliveries."

Arrow wasn't much of a city lover. There always seemed to be too much chatter and unnecessary rivalries. The huge buck skull covering his face was cream in color- it appeared to be fairly old. The raven cloak he wore hid the majority of his features; the material reaching down to his ankles. Despite the mysterious and eerie look as well as aura, he was quite friendly. He, unfortunately, was in need of fertilizer. And though he didn't want to fight the crowds, he held his work well above his comfortableness.

The sound of his dirtied boots got duller in tone as he neared the center of the city. The frantic voices of several species was heard. It seemed as though something unfavorable had happened on this particular day. He kept his pace calm and steady, continuing into the depths of the buildings. His gaze traveled to someone laying face down. He appeared upon them and nudged with his boot. "Hmm..." Despite being young, his voice was fairly deep. His attention was turned once more to those screaming for help.

"Looks like I may have some new guests coming soon."

[Chaulsyrime Wqeathe]

"I don't come cheap you know but ill give you my price when you have more time on your hand....and what would I be watching out for? up to something? oh oh oh that's a bit extra for uhh…. petting his chin with his hand Haz-ard pay...mmmMmm yeah."

Chaulsyrime states in a very odd chest forward stride trying to look scary for those who he would ward away from the door, Becoming the living gate keeper he stood in its path just slightly off to its left allowing persons to walk by and get a full dose of his close observation. Being hired on the spot was a bit odd but not so unheard of for Chaulsyrime who knew that later he could demand something good for his service, Thoughts etch out a vile smile on his face as he dives into the images of gold and booze he'll get soon. Even then the female from before (Hayfa) seemed to want his aid, just the same the air about her surely stunk of wealth.

Chaulsyrime silently listened to Hayfa speak watching her wounds get treated giving what she said about getting attacked some weight, The bitter malice of his nature trickles up and drips venom into his thoughts 'So violent the attack on her and she still lives...the boom from before, all this panic outside... Eyes wax over Hayfa from across the roomCould... could she have a Hrmmm Mmm b O u n T y on her head?' Chaulsyrimes mission for eggs has ended and his new muse was gold.

'Scales? Must be me...no one else has a grand display--no A GLORIOUS hide of-' Chaulsyrime glaced down to his exposed left arm seeing his scales were in some pain, flaky and grimy from his long bout with his drinking pals mixed with all the running around he had done. No mud bath, no wash or even a good tree rubbing. Within the realm of his mind he starts up a violent cussing fit only to then be accosted by some healer trying to place magic on him. Chaulsyrime opens and snaps out at the person as too inspire them to go away as he pulls from his messy leather armor a small glass vial of water and holds it in his armored right hand "Keep yer soft skin magic to yourself" he cracks with a growl.

Once every one else seemed to speak there names Chaulsyrime takes a lean on the wall near the door barking out his name "Chaulsyrime is what you lot can call me AND adding*His left hand rises making a snake head that snaps out as he gives a playful? hist* Psssssspice into the mundane lives of these Chauls vocie sinks into a deep lull ripe with sarcastic tone g-o-o-d city types is what I looOove to do."

Moving into the internal conference of Chaulsyrimes mind he talks to himself 'Why did i do that what did i do that why did I do that why did I do th--' Chaulsyrime kept his form calm and as if what he just did was normal, no big deal.

Danforth Woodsley
Ze'v @ Blitz
Chase Conceit @Lila Renn

On the surface it looked like Lieutenant Woodsley had done his job. He had provided more then an adequate number of city guards in addition to the number of royal guards that were present. The most senior of these had been at each entrance coming in and out of the square. Then their were thirty more standard guards milling around various points of the square. This was the standard operating procedure set down by the Captain. Could he really be blamed if when the fireworks explosion happened that some had just managed to find the two senior guards posted at the south road and a lot of people had just stampeded down there in the initial panic? Or some of the sergeants and privates had chosen a bad spot to walk and got themselves killed by the flying missiles? Or the series of random murders from the shade. Plus, the rumour had been just an attack from the dancing troupe, not what had happened. The attack was an unprecedented event.

He had made sure there were at least some of the guards trying to organize the crowds to safe spots, which included himself. Some, but not all. Some of the more inexperienced ones he allowed to freak out a little bit which fed back into the crowd. This plan he was involved in needed some panic after all to mask the involvement of certain individuals. Like himself. Morally he hadn't wanted to be involved, he had first joined the city guard wanting to improve the reputation of his family. He thought is necessary so his children could have a better future in the city without the shame on the Woodsley name. But now his children were being held somewhere unknown in the city until he carried out his orders to the letter. He was promised he would rise in power in the new structure of the world and his family well provided for.

Ze'v @ Blitz

After helping a couple of groups escape he returned to the square. He noticed a man who had been rather consistently been helping treat the wounded. He approached him slowly.

"I think most of these people will keep for now lad,"Danforth said."I noticed you and the woman working on some injured earlier....and I appreciate that you at least stuck around. Could I maybe hire you to do me a favour though? Our healers from Antaris seem to be late getting here. I fear something terrible has happened to them up near the explosion area. I'd make it very worth your while if you could go up Raeya Street...the first street that goes up through the little shops there and go check on them. If you find them you could brief them on the situation here an which cases require the most immediate attention."

Chase Conceit @Lila Renn

He hoped that the man would agree to that and fairly quickly. Danforth needed to meet up with the shade in an old tavern in the Nova District. It had been rather risky involving Chase Conceit, but the Lieutenant had thought in necessary to sew up more discord. When all was said an done it would only add to the public's fear of magic people even though the elementals were said to be the most pure of the gods' creations. Some of the others protested at his inclusion...thinking he might prove more hard to control then they thought. But the man was paying the shade well for the tasks he was given.

Like the marks on the Ashemarks(which again was marked with vehement protests-but Danforth knew his employer greatly disliked them) . They weren't the most highly place among those who would be most opposed to phase two of the plan, but they were a certain annoyance. They were well known royalists, who had a reputation for bringing back dead accurate information sources. They would not be pleased with what they had in mind for the Emperess and her heirs, and the nobles in the court would be inclined to trust their word as much as most of the surviving members of the Conclave. It would be better in the long run for things if some of them went down in this attack. They couldn't touch the more senior members of the family. Taking on Mistress Shobna, who was a senior spy and dark element master, would be more less akin to suicide. The father was off somewhere on another tour of the army and thus untouchable. The children though...they could go down(except the governor boy..it would raise too many suspicions to remove him when he should be the most well guarded).

He had given Chase a certain time frame to take out not just random members of the crowd, but hopefully the youngest Ashemark girl, i.e. Hayfa. If he didn't make it in time he was supposed to come back here and meet him. They'd deal with the family a different way then. Right now he had thought of some additional targets for the shade.

Rasdon

The big explosion in the hospital was the two first level emergency rooms near the front of the building. They had been instructed to leave a certain body count and take a good portion of the healers on this floor. It was almost too easy. This area of the city was not one that housed a lot of fighters. That was the most nothern and southern districts that held those. Once they caused their initial mayhem on the first floor, Rasdon released the three elves in his party to head towards the Eastern wall and escape through a breech some allies and spent some time developed. Rasdon and his fellow dwarf need to go towards some of the upper levels and destroy some sensitive information.

Lilesephona Avalaron
Osric + Ukawei

Captain Avalaron usually took command of the lower districts around New Years. She preferred to stop threats at the gates before they could even transverse into the inner city to effect it's residences. For that reason she had triple the usual number of guards patrolling in the lower end of the city. There were an additional number of people patrolling the walls. There were twice the usual number of gate guards. People were subjected to vigorous questioning before being allowed to enter the celebrations of the capital. Nothing should have gone wrong, but it did. The city was under attack at various points. The attack in the lower city was dealt with more swiftly then in any other part of the city. Captain Avalaron had dispatched Ukawei(a lizardman Lieutenent) and a company of his most trusted guards to go deal with the attack on the alchemist's hall that had been the first of the attacks she had to deal with. The second was at the city library. Lilesphona went herself to deal with that along with Lieutent Osric, an ice man, and their company of guards to deal with that threat personally, but not before ordering the gates to the city closed and three companies of the guards to stand watch over the gates so no one got through.

It killed her, but she had to leave the explosions towards the upper part of the city to the Lieutenants and their companies posted there. She was for one needed here and she trusted the people posted up there.

Captain Avalaron's company made quick work of the attack at the library with Oscris using his powers to take down the ice inside the libraries. They meant to capture the snow elf doing the attacking to question if anyone had given her orders to do it, but she committed suicide before it could happen.

Last edited:
Hayfa Ashemark

Interactions:
Falkas @skydude808 Meredith @bittersuite Fable @KeekeeI Chaul @Mizzrym

"Hayfa Ashemark, which I'm sure Rynee yelled already...but pleased to meet you all,"Hayfa replied. She played with her hands, which had been a habit for her ever since she had been a young girl. She noticed one of the fingers was missing off her prosthetic, which made her sigh. She had probably left in the body of that elf she had killed in the square. Great. Most likely she'd be paying another visit to the repair shop when this was over, as the body would be most likely retrieved before she could take the finger back.

The nineteen year old took a deep breath before regarding her uncertain allies.

"Look, I'd love to tell you what's going on, but....it's sensitive. I'd need some kind of reassurance that you could all be completed trusted. So, name your price."Hayfa said.

Fable blinked at the Hayfa words. "So, name your price." Fable honestly did not want anything. She was quite content traveling in nature. "I... um... I don't want anything. I just want to help people if that's possible. If it makes you feel better, some simple supplies for travel would be nice like food or tools..." She trailed off hearing her own voice turn more into a growl as she spoke. She hated that she did that when she was nervous.

[Meredith]

Well. It appears she was drafted into a little adventure party. As sour as she still was about the abrupt stop and change of plan, seeing the Falkas and Fable seemingly less hostile to this Hayfa calmed her hackles. Plus by the sounds of it, this poor girl has been through a pretty tough day.
That, and the allure of riches, put Meredith in a much better mood. At least for the time being. 'Name your price' was the most marvelous arrangements of words she could imagine. The humble reply Fable gave did little to sway her answer. Her ears flicking a few times before pointing forward in interest, Meredith clicked her tongue a few times before giving an answer she felt was the only correct one.
"50 gold, and I'll do anything you guys need. Having an eye in the sky is useful-- Especially for this kind of thing. Plus I won't say a word. To anyone."

Meredith was known for being a jabber-jaw, so that comment paired with a sharp-tooth grin wasn't the most assuring statement. It was like trusting a feathery crocodile--- Actually no. They already had a crocodile lookalike here, nevermind. Although she had made peace with the back ally assailant, the lizardman was far from forgiven for the consistent Harpy racism. Why, if this wasn't a public area...

Last edited:
Falkas placed his hand up to his chin thinking for A moment "same as my flying friend here fifty gold" he was happy Meredith made the decision, he almost forgot about the money entirely "I'm going to need my affects back from the fat man's house too" he thought for A moment but decided to keep quite about the ashemark name appearing in his father's journal.

[Chaulsyrime Wqeathe]

Empty platitudes from Hayfa went ignored from Chaulsyrime but those tender, beautiful words and from some one with the bold air to buy every one in the room for whatever plot she had cooking, must be a noble or at the least some well-to-do type. Listening to the others make their demands and request till he pushed off the wall he had leaned into, a silent stride that not even was betrayed by the bell on Chauls tail sneaks him to loom over Hayfa ignoring any offense he would stir. Chaulsyrime reached out to take Hayfas hand and less should took sudden and absurd action to keep it away from him he would surely catch it and pull it close. Should Chaulsyrime catch that hand he would have her close and in sight of his face that fed her the focused beacon of yellow eyes beaming into Haytas own. Then, Right then he spoke on dead monotone with perplexingly clear words as if he conjure the words before his maw and etched them into her forehead.

"Five silver daily plus fifty copper for food expense. Two gold for hazard pay Whispering hostile forces and nonstate supported persons. With extreme danger pay of...FiveBlinking so very slowly, looking right into the black of Hayfas eyes. The crack of a smile flinching has the letters roll from his tongue to shape the word* G o l d. Additionally full reimbursement of cost for all operational supplies and travel cost. *Should Chaulsyrime have it, he lets go of her hand doing a standing spin with a finger point to the ceiling "All to be paid weekly! Turning his torso to Hayfas, pointing to her, Right at her moving as if to speak but--Jingle jangle--Chauls bell rings with the whip of his tail

Chualsyrime climbs his right brow high to his forehead as if to ask her approval. Chualsyrime wanted to same one last thing, one final demand but made do with his jingling bell. On a surely unrelated action spat out a fast passive-aggressive side eye to Meredith.
...E G G...

Last edited:
Ze'v looked around and heard someone he jumped slightly as he looked the person talking to him up and down. “Hello Fellow human I am helping.” he sounded unnatural as he spoke but listening further to what Danforth was saying Ze'v shifted his weight slightly from one foot. He turned and looked around the area towards the explosion area. Thinking to himself. 'Shouldn't be that hard to find the Antaris healers, They probably smell like herbs and cloth and maybe old blood or something.' he nodded his head to himself; though it may appear he was agreeing to something someone else said. He hadn't heard the part about making it worth his while he was more absorbed with figuring out the street name now.
”I Do not mind helping out but I only visit this town about once a week if that, and I am afraid I don't know the street names yet.” he wasn't lying he simply followed scents to find his way around the town when he was here. “Maybe a building I passed may remind me where your talking about a shop or a market maybe one of the guilds?” he tried not to simply ask for the scent he needed to follow though he felt that would have been easier at this point.
Shrugging off his concern he wouldn't know what he was looking for he gave a grin, “I'll find your friends you can count on Ze'v fellow human.” he thumped his chest with his hand awkwardly and turned to run off “Raeya Street near the explosion!” He yelled as he ran.
Reaching the explosion area he looked around and at the signs 'r.a.y ...r.a..y... ra..ey' he mouthed to himself. Seeing a street with Raey he nodded his head and let out a sigh. “Its this one” he felt silly now he had Figured out the street the guy who asked for a favor was talking about. His face a little flushed he ran down the street taking in deep breaths as if he were out of breath running looking for this Antaris healers “Healers!” He let out a call trying his best to figure out where they could be without being distracted by the unique scents from this district.
Coming across a huge stone brick building with huge windows and stair well that moved up to two separate doors Ze'v slowed and looked around carefully the scent was right dried blood, Herbs, Cloth, but other scents were here also one's he never expected. Shaking out his clothes and trying to dust off the best he could he walked up the stairs to one of the doors and opened it. “Excuse me, fellow Humans? I require assistance if anyone is available for the town square.” He pointed over his shoulder not really noticing at first the shattered windows but did register the scent of burning. He turned and focused his attention a bit better inside and lowered his goggles over his eyes to clear the vision a bit so he could see a bit better. ”Hello?” he called out this time a bit more concerned after noticing the damage to the building. He carefully took several steps further into the building the scent of Gnome and fire was very fresh. Thinking to himself 'stone doesn't burn well. did the explosion catch this area on fire?'
“My Name is Ze'v If you are in here please say something.” he looked back and forth swiftly wondering if he needed a stronger sense to search the area or not his jaw clenched as he started to walk deeper into the hospital. He would stop every so often and listen for any sounds then repeat “My name is Ze'v make a noise if you can hear me.” He was oblivious to any sort of arson that could have happened to the building believing it was the fireworks that caused the fire within the building.

((I may need to modify this if this was the wrong hospital))

Hayfa Ashemark
Falkas @skydude808; Meredith @bittersuite Fable @KeekeeI Chaul @Mizzrym

"You'll have all the supplies you need,"Hayfa said. She kept her voice in her flat business voice. The growl in Fable's voice didn't put her off in the least. She wondered briefly if this was because of her upbringing or if it was just the result of the craziness of the day.

The young woman nodded towards Meredith and then Falkas.

"Fifty gold each,"she replied. "And I believe I'll help you retrieve your things Falkas. I believe I owe you that much for helping me back in that alleyway. Besides I'm quite interested in your old man's place...maybe I'll find out something if I look around."

She silently awaited what the lizardman would ask. He didn't say anything at first just stalked to loom over her. Hayfa began to narrow her eyes at him. He was getting way too close into her personal space. When he took her hand she bristled. The nineteen year old transformed her metal hand, which was the one he wasn't holding, and remade the fingers into points. Boldly she stuck it up close to his face as he loomed over her with yellow eyes.

"That kind of pay is no problem. It's more or less what's paid out to guardsmen anyway,"Hayfa said. She paused her to give her his best death glare. "However, get in my face like this again and we'll see if an acquaintance of mine is right about Lizardmen eyes making good lightbulbs. I don't do touching."

With the business of expenses over and done with she took a deep breath.

"I'm a member of the Empress's spy corps. A low ranking member though, I've only been at it for around a year. The thing is there's been a revolt from the elven king down in the deserts. Upset over Conclave policies that have been supporting more innovations then magics of late. The Empress decided to negotiate the matter and arrived at the solution of marrying the Princess Jian to Prince Aeddan. Now there were rumours of discontent with the match and didn't think the terms set down in the treaty were fair. It...we knew there was a possibility of an assassination attempt....but our source pointed towards a dance troupe....not what happened. This level of destruction...it's not...this has never happened before. So, I need to find out where we went wrong."

A sinking feeling hit Hayfa then. They had made a target of the princess, so was the empress one too?

"Shit,"she hissed, quietly and temporarily forgetting the others.

Forsythia
Ze'v @Blitz

Forsythia had just recently finished her medical training at the city's college and had started her 10 year residency within Azuris Hospital to learn not only the more advanced plant spells, but to learn of all the technological medical practices that now existed. Because as much as magic was valued in healers they greatly encourage other practices as well because magic was not always wildly available. It was hard working on the hospital, but the young fae greatly enjoyed it's rewards.

The New Year's celebrations were always busy. There were always accidents and more stupidly acquired injuries that went hand in hand with big celebrations like this. What she hadn't been expecting was the five strangers who stormed into the hospital and just started torching everything in site. Then their hand been an explosion. Forsythia had been thrown, but she couldn't remember from where now. All she knew was she was badly burned and she couldn't focus enough to heal herself properly. She'd have to hope for rescue.

"Hel-Help me!"she cried, as she had been repeatedly doing. She just hoped someone would eventually find her.

Falkas' shifted his weight as the creature walked by, he began feeling A bit light headed. he watched the discomfort in hayfas face and the changing of her arm. After the lizardman finished talking Falkas' eyes widened, the creature had left part of his hand attached to hers A wavy ungulating mass of liquid skin. He blinked A few times and it was no longer there but now he saw waves moving through the room and everyone around him 'okay just remember what Zev said about rolling with it'. He grimaced As he listened to her story he remembered hearing tales of the kingdoms agents when he was A kid, backstabbing cretins the only difference between them and the rest of the thieves and assassin's of this land was they were sponsored by the state. When she was finished Falkas' blinked considering the situation 'this is crazy, your getting into some deep shit' he tried to self reassure but doubt still lingered.
Alchemists note: mixing bonbon root and opioids may cause hallucinations PS:karma may be real.

Last edited:
After his momentary lapse of sanity A thought passed through Falkas' mind which he proceeded to voice "Hayfa do you know anyone by the name of Hemsworth? My father's journal mentions him quite A few times, I think he was A merchant of some kind or something." The mentioning of it made Falkas uncomfortable, he never truly was comfortable involving people in his personal affairs but he had been in the city for A month and had no better options

Last edited:
[Meredith]

Chaulsyrime's exchange with Hayfa was watched with suspicion. Meredith could feel herself watching him for any sort of action she could use to justify dislike. It was spiteful and childish, yes, but that was how Harpy's were. A majority female population would do that to someone. Fable and Farkas would find themselves being lightly nudged with a wing to put some distance between them and Chaul, courtesy of a momentary reflection of primal protective nature.
She didn't like the looks he had given her. Not one bit.

But, wandering attention was lead back to the conversation happening, with Meredith tuning in just in time for Hayfa's explanation of what was happening. Arranged marriage? No wonder it was causing an upset. It was the second time today royal customs had left a bad taste in her mouth. Politics as a whole were unfair and stupid. Cities always eventually fell to ruin.
"So it's a bit more serious than attempting to assassinate, then scattering. It's not the usual cloak-and-dagger shtick."
Pushing her hair back with a hand, Meredith sighed and shook her head.
"Awful."

Hemsworth? Meredith's ears tipped downward to listen in on the question, tapping her chin with a claw. There'd been a lot of letters and names she'd seen in her time, and it would be impossible to single out one, but she tried regardless.
"I've got a list of merchants found around here, from letters and deliveries. I could check it over to look for a Hemsworth, if you'd like."
The chance of her actually finding something was as slim as it could be, yet she offered anyway: she had to contribute something.

Fable blinked at Meredith as she nudged her to the side with her wings, momentarily getting distracted by them, but then she shrugged it off. She turned back to Hayfa as she continued to talk. What was so bad about two people getting married? She wondered to herself.
Then she heard Hayfa curse. "What is it?"
"I can help with anything. I've got nothing else to do."

Last edited:
The sudden touch was startling, Falkas glanced to see A dazzling array of red feathers, each one seemed to be its own entity, all of them moving together in concert like A crimson waterfall. He reached to touch them but shook the thought refocusing his attention on Hayfa.

Hayfa Ashemark
Hayfa was silent for a few minutes because she was so lost in her own thoughts. She knew the others were asking her questions, but she just couldn't force the words out of her throat right away.

"A bit more serious yes. An attack like this could start a potential war,"Hayfa replied. "The loss of life alone coupled with the assassination attempt....not to mention we have no idea yet if they haven't made a target of the Empress as well."

She addressed Falkas last.

"I know a person named Hemworth yes. He has or rather had a shop in Nova called Treasure hunt. He traveled or had his employees travel a great deal collecting rarities. He could pretty find people anything they wanted. In what capacity is he mentioned? You're surely not suggesting he was involved are you? Because that's impossible, he was a good man."she replied. "He's also dead by the way."

Hayfa turned away from the gnome abruptly. She turned towards Meredith instead.

"Your letter notion isn't a bad one. It could be someone in the city was complacent in this...letters could give them away,"she said.

Falkas' shoulders dropped, he remembered quite A few things "my father seemed to love metephors he would write about the dusk and new Dawn, placing flame to myth and how the rightful people would make the sun to set upon the gods. It almost sounded as if my father was writing A book with Hemsworth and A few others, about individuals who rebel against the gods in order to take their power for humanity. In it I recall A piece about the fall of the martyr who was made to be A demon and the rise of A new savior would bring the power of the gods over earth to an end" Falkas' was sure there was more but his brain wasn't coming up with much.

[Chaulsyrime Wqeathe]

Having some shock to Hafyas hands shaping but disallowing it from showing on his face while folding back to the wall he had leaned on but not before giving Meredith another side eye. Listening to the others speak, Chaulsyrimes mind more or less lost in thought ignoring most of what was said screening for key words but Hafya saying 'where we went wrong' after explaining about having so many important people in one spot made him scoff out a heckle. Listening more and more he felt a slight rise in body temperature as the party spoke of Hemworth and maybe even the hint of the movement of goods, Was surely a spike in smuggling work to be had but was it apart of some assassination plan?

Chaulsyrime runs his tongue along his teeth looking away from the group feeling there was no need to speak just yet, Boss lady Hayfa would give him something to do in time allowing him to leave while hoping the topic of smuggling and the under ground wouldn't pass into their heads. So there he was jingle jangling his bell thinking about the future of war and madness brought on by whatever was going on, 'a lot gold to be had for sure' Chaulsyrime thought and smiled too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back