Day of Illumination[6th Millenium Festival/OPEN]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fable stood there listening quietly. Her thoughts wandered a bit. She had not interacted with people this much in her entire life and she felt it getting to her a bit. She shook her head trying to focus. She was very antisocial but she really truly liked people, she just didn't like the city. Her nose still itched from the smells of it... Her ears twitched slightly as she listened to the sounds of the hospital and everyone talk and her eyes shimmered ever so slightly as she became focused.

[Meredith]

"Letters could give them away."

Ah. That was a problem. Meredith ran a 'freelance' service, in a sense. She wasn't aligned with a business. Not only did this mean people didn't need to jump through any formal hoops, but it also meant people could have things delivered and carried with a sense of anonymity. It was rare she would run questionable errands, like moving stolen goods or the like, but it happened. And it just so happens Meredith had served as a communicator for a few shady individuals. Ones that avoided handing information to city-assigned workers. That...Made things difficult.

"Before I go rummaging through letters and digging up names," Meredith interjected suddenly after a brief moment of quiet thinking, fidgeting in re-versed caution.
"Are you all aware of the phrase 'don't shoot the messenger'? Mainly you, Hayfa. I'm willing to help, but I have a reputation to uphold. I can get in trouble if I go spilling names out to the authorities-- Just as a general privacy thing. This applies to everyone: I don't run a service for crooks."
Explaining this, Meredith's entire self shifted to something more serious. She could be in a lot of trouble if she said the wrong thing.

"So. If I was to do that: none of you heard anything from me."

Hayfa Ashemark
Falkas @skydude808 Meredith @bittersuite Fable @Keekeel Chaul @Mizzrym

Hayfa clenched his jaw tight angrily. What Falkas was saying about Hemsworth was...impossible.

"I don't care what your father wrote, Hemsworth was not against the gods,"she snarled. She turned towards Rynee in an effort to calm herself down. She needed to not reveal too much. Hayfa may have chosen to admit to her own position in the spy corps, but it was against the rules to inform any other member or informants.

"Are you done healing me Rynee? We need to get going if we're going to find this stupid book of Falkas's."she asked.

"Yes, all done. Try not to half-kill yourself again for the rest of the day please,"Rynee replied. "I do need to get down to the square anyway."

The healer walked away and out the doors to the main street that would lead to the square.

Hayfa climbed off the bed. She approached closer to Meredith.

"I'm not going to have your arrested for snooping in letters. Nor will any of you have the law brought down upon you for helping me whatever way you can. We...the spy corps that is we don't reveal where our information comes from. The exchange of 'prices' more or less puts you under the category of informant...which assures you certain protections."

Hearing a cry for help Ze'v turned his attention towards the sound, “I hear you keep talking I'm coming.” the scent of burning flesh filled his nostrils and he winced a bit at the smell. He moved closer listening for anyone else as he moved. Turning around a corner, following the scent more so than the sound now he stopped for a moment and had to shake his head as the smell got to him. His goggles helping him to see a bit better he noticed the building didn't seem to be what he had expected inside. Seeing someone laying on the ground he approached and lowered down seeing a bit of debris on the person before him. He cleared his throat and asked lightly. “did you call for help?”

He didn't know how burns worked on people but he knew from hunting and living in the forest that Forest fires burned an animal and it was bad enough the skin would sort of fall off if it was touched. The smell was strong but he wasn't sure how bad the fae before him was actually injured. “Can you move?” Shaking his head he looked back at the woman on the ground and bent back down. “How many others are in the building maybe one of them can come and heal you.” He seemed a bit confused and almost as if he didn't understand why this place would be so destroyed it was at least a block or more from the fireworks that had exploded.

Pulling out a pouch he pulled out one of the gemstones he had found in the forest and gave a soft prayer before setting it down near the fae. Though the stones didn't really do anything for him it was a tradition passed down to him from his parents. Offer a prayer and a gem and a situation can at times change for the better. He never questioned it, He never had a reason not to. he felt the stones held an ancient power that gave the prayers to the gods that each person worshiped, though at times he also simply felt that saying something to a thing that couldn't talk back was like sharing a secret with a tree.

Standing up Ze'v figured if he would try and find some bandages or something that could help the woman before he set off in search of someone that could heal her. He turned his head and coughed lightly before looking around the room closer. maybe he could find something. He opened cabinets and drawers that weren't completely destroyed by the fire. Finding papers and things that weren't of any use like burned wraps and melted syringes. he shook his head and continued looking around.

Fable glanced around. Wondering when they were going to start their next task. She took a deep breath, preparing herself for the unknown. She began to shuffle a bit, becoming anxious. She just wanted to go already. Her golden eyes shimmered from her anxiousness. She pulled a strip of hide off her sleeve to use as a hair tie. She threw her variously colored hair up in a bun.

{Meredith}

"..."
There was a long, tense pause as Meredith considered what had been said. There was a small inkling in her mind that she should ask for more money in exchange-- But that would surely be pushing it. Fifty gold was more than enough for her right now, and she wasn't willing to put that at risk.

"Okay. It didn't mean much to me before today, but there were two different fellas who might be the ones you're looking for."
Meredith admitted flatly, moving her hands to her hips and rolling her eyes when she recalled the encounters.
"I didn't get a good look at their faces, but one was elven and the other was probably a dwarf. They were two separate cases, so I don't think they were related. I could look into 'em at some point? One of them is due to pay me the rest after the festival is over."
Since they already seemed to be occupied with something, Meredith figured she'd be doing it sometime later. She wasn't meeting up with the elven bloke until the likes of tomorrow.

"After this Hemsworth situation is sorted, I figure?"

[Chaulsyrime Wqeathe]

Pushing up off the wall and stomping over Hayfa once again giving her a large toothy smile "Right then Little boss, Seems there is much to do hehehe. Are we too wait for chi--cough ...MER'a-Deeeth meeting? Maybe a goOod old breaking an entry into some assets of this Hemsworth person you seem to have such feeeeeeling for wiggling his fingers out at hefya as he works the E Personally find a place to have as a base of operations we could fall back to, enforce and be safe in as we did this would be a Jingle W i s e jangle thing, much less any thing we find you surely do not mean to haul around with us all day for all to see? Ahhh but who....here would have a nice and large home or place for all of us Leaning into hayfa with large 'innocent' eyes' MmmmmM?

Chaulsyrime could do for a bath and wash his clothing over a dive in the dirty waters around the cities, Hayfa looking cleanish surely had access to somewhere nice, had to be a good size house fit for a state spy, or so he thought. Venting his smile out at Hayfa, Chaulsyrime recoiled back crossing his arms "well little boss, do grace us with your wisdom, what is next?"

Last edited:
Falkas was always intrigued by the healing arts it was A mixing of the physical sciences and the mystic disciplines. It also always proved to be the ultimate battleground for philosophical discussion on the continued relevence of the gods. The way Hayfa snapped about hemsworth and his belief in the gods had revealed things about her and this man that she may wish to remain unknown. While he did step back Falkas couldn't help but grin when Hayfa began to get serious and threatening, 'she fears losing control' he thought. harpies, lizardmen and gnomes are not exactly the most trustworthy of the races. He looked over to fable, then there's the woman who raises her foot up before scratching her head, he had only seen that in one person before, oddly the action made him trust her more than anybody else in the room, The feeling disappeared as he became curious as to why she was so enthusiastic to help strangers. He stepped back leaning against the wall, waiting to see if Hayfa had more to add before heading out.

Fable crossed her arms over her chest as she finished putting her hair up. In all honesty, it was a mess but fashion was never a strong suit for her, practicality was all that she looked for in everything she had. She glanced over at Falkas', feeling his gaze, and spotted what looked like curiosity. She rose a brow in question and if you paid close attention, you could almost see one of her ears twitch and her head tilt like a canine would if they were curios. She quickly turned her attention back to Hayfa. She blinked noticing her change in mood but shrugged it off. It was none of her business anyway. Her hips swayed slightly as she awaited to begin their first task.

Forsythia
Interactions: Ze'v @Blitz

"Yes.....was calling."Forsythia gasped out. She was having trouble focusing her mind on the man who had found her. She was quiet listening to his next questions. How many people left in the building? She wasn't sure. The attackers had moved so quickly through the first floor torching almost everything they could reach. And then the explosion....there had been such a big wall of fire....and then she had ended up laying on the ground here. She didn't know what the damage to the other floors would have been with an explosion like that. Or how many other floors of the building there were. Two? Three? Four?It was scary not knowing those details.

"I...no....no moving..."she replied. "Maybe...more people.....but they were attacking everything.....no way to be sure...."

The man set a gem stone next to her. She thought she might be vaguely familiar with the practice. Stories from her father from his wandering years. The young fae closed her hand over the top of stone.

Oh, my dear man. I fear it might be too late for that though.

"You can look for healers...stairs that way..."she said, gesturing slightly to the north. "But the....gnomes went up that way...be careful."

Hayfa Ashemark
Interactions: Falkas @skydude808 Meredith @bittersuite Chaul @Mizzrym Fable @Keekeel

Hayfa prayed to Lutum that she knew what she what she was doing. She hadn't been in the spy game long and she hadn't had much experience yet bringing in informants on her own. It was general practice to wait until you had at least some background information on the people given status to know if they might be trustworthy. This situation was not normal though and she was desperate for any lead possible to show she was a competent agent. Not to mention there was also a matter of keeping up her family's good standing within the spy corps.

Hopefully this band would listen to her too. It was sometimes hard to tell with some of the other species, but she had a sinking feeling she was the youngest of the lot. It made playing leader....nerve-racking.

She smiled slightly at Meredith.

"Good, I appreciate that you'll look into that for me,"Hayfa replied.

She whirled on the lizardman next as he was making her majorly uncomfortable with his invading her person space...and because she had an inkling of what slur he had been about to utter.

"Okay, if I'm you're boss let's get a couple of things straight shall we? Meredith is a harpy. A harpy not a chicken. I know what you are about to say. You call her Meredith always. Harpies have a lot more standing here then you do understood?"she snapped. "And top sticking your face and fingers into mine."

She turned towards the other woman in the room. Hayfa knew she hadn't been paying as much attention to Fable as the others...but that was because she was so quiet she seemed to fade into the background. She did need her help though if only to have more sane people in the group.

"I'd appreciate you'd coming along with us to the shop Fable, safety in numbers in case we get attacked again."she said.

"Okay, right then...we're heading into Gadagild to find this shop of Falkas's, but we're investigating the source of that louder boom from earlier if only to see what it was first. Let's go."she said.

She briefly ran a hand through her hair.

She turned on her heel then and stalked out towards the back door of the healing house. She didn't want to risk being out on the main street again with what happened earlier...the back route was probably safer. Hopefully it was where they needed to go.

[Chaulsyrime Wqeathe]
"oho You wound me little boss, I would N eVER Debase the good standing of...Snapping his head at Meredith... Our new associate Mmmmmeredith the harpy, please ohoo pleeease forgive Chaulsyrime. no harm ment."

Speaking with a stand and arms wide as if begging forgiverance from the sky above in tune to the jingling of his bell that rang along with his movements, Seeing Falkas seemingly taking some level of enjoyment of Hayfas response stuck out his lengthy lizard tongue out at him. Chaulsyrime turned now to the person who he had yet to meet, Eyes fix on Fable as he strides over too. Standing before her Chaulsyrime nocks his stout left to right giving Fable a good looking at before bending in just a bit to sniff and then exhale out at Fable. Blinking with his head tilted at a strange angle he spoke out at her wafting her in his breath stained in ale and mead.

"Ya smell like a wet dog, that normal? got some? well no matter, that hair however. you get drunk and fight with some bottles of dye?"

Chaulsyrime nose gave Fables nature away but not having come across many he could not mentally map out a wise guess as to what Fable was but more than that Hayfa said she would come along too and while he could guess at the others was a bit lost on this creature before him in the realms of combat. 'Small boss lady hayfa is close and he should make friends with those being hired along his side' Chaulsyrime thought to himself so in his mind gave Fable a smile but for all the ragged leather he had, him being a lizardfolk and the over all withered guise made from his nights of drinking made his smile seem more like a silent threat of fangs saying 'I will eat you in your sleep'
Realizing his smile was coming on a bit strong he tones it back and it moves into the space of a dopy grin with the white tips of his teeth poking out, Realizing again that his smile to this stranger just may be a bad idea over all he closes his mouth, gives fable a left handed, thumb out point and turns away.

Chaulsyimes mind clouds with a single word-'whywhywhywhywhy' Jingle jangle goes Chaulsyrimes bells.

Having turned he watched Hayfa lurk out to the back door he to would follow but silently so unintentionally filling into Hayfas blind spot and once again getting a bit to close before heckling her ear with a whimsical toned question. "You going to Sneak out the back!?"

[Meredith]

No harm meant.
Given how the lizardman seemed to be, she couldn't pinpoint whether it was sarcasm or not, and she hated it. Nevertheless, as much as she detested it, she would have to tolerate it for now if she was going to stick around. Meredith's previous reservations on Hayfa had been forgiven by now, and she was content to let her lead the merry band without too many questions.
"You're fine. Not forgiven, but tolerated for now."

Fidgeting her feet, Meredith stretched out her arms and rolled her shoulders: standing around wasn't something she did often. Maybe she'd indulge in the luxury of stillness if she was watching something, like a tavern fight. Tavern...No drinking...Jobs soon. Damn, she might have to cancel her work for now if she wanted to commit to the detective work. Fifty gold would be a good substitute for it. Glancing back at the others while trailing behind Hayfa, Meredith concluded at least two of them were drinkers. She also concluded that Chaul should leave Fable be.
"There's going to be more than bottles fighting if you don't lay off her. The hair's lovely, Fable."

Unaware of chauls tongue gesture Falkas was brainstorming on ways he could escape if things went south, while they all seemed at least semi competent you could never be sure, the bit of the conversation about "bottle fighting" brought him fully back to reality. the group seemed uncomfortable but never the less begun heading toward the back door. Falkas followed closely stopping by A small door in the hall "hold up A second" he turned entering the small maintenance closet, returning A moment later with an adhesive, some white powder, A rubber tube, two small bottles of powerful sanitizing agents and A small bar of soap. He hurried over and proceeded to hand the soap to Hayfa "it's for your hand" he smirked and sat down. Falkas proceeded to combinine the materials into what looked to be two bottles glued together with A tube leading between them. Standing up he smiled holding up his creation for A moment before slipping it into one of the large pockets on his coat. Waving his hands in A showbiz like fashion he clapped his hands together "thank you for waiting ladies and gentlelizards, we may now make way!" He would Endeavour to stay close to the center of the group seeing as he seemed to be the only one with little to no combat experience.

Last edited:
Fable's nose scrunched at Chaulsyrime's comments but didn't respond. She debated on whether she should tell them or not but decided not too. Last time she told someone they gave her a funny look and quickly ran off. I guess even magical folk saw Shapeshifters as monsters. Then she made the mistake of giving him a side-long glance and was greeted by a threatening smile. She did notice that he toned it down but that didn't make her feel much better. She stayed quiet. She gave Meredith a shy smile as she stood up for her but she then turned, following Hayfa to the door. She visibly straightened, look more tense and alert. Her feet stopped when Falkas called out for them to "hold up a second". She tilted her head as she watched him disappear. When he returned with what looked like random supplies, she started moving toward the door again.

Last edited:
Ze'v turned listening to the injured Fae and thought about the fact her voice sounded so in pain he wanted to tell her to stop talking but couldn't bring himself to do that in case he couldn't actually help her. Finishing what he was looking for he turned as she spoke of Gnomes and tilted his head. The scent of gnome was still in the air he felt a chill he had thought that they were part of the healers that worked here but now this injured person told him to be careful. He looked at the direction she gestured and shifted his weight slightly.
Waving his hand over his wrist bow a bolt formed on it and pulled back armed now he swallowed and shook his head. “Healers may be up those stairs.” he told himself. I can't use this. The bolt vanished and he closed his eyes briefly. Looking up the stairs the scent of Gnome was heavy but still covered slightly by the smoke and scent of burning. He looked towards the Fae then back to towards where he entered. His mind wondering if he should see if he could find help. Shaking his head no he readjusted his goggles and touched the watch that still dangled around his neck.
'attacking everything' the Fae's pain filled voice filled his mind. 'gnomes went up that way....' if he left to find more help he was leaving healers in danger from gnomes that were dangerous. Clearing his throat he called out just as he had before, “My Name is Ze'v If you are in here please say something.”
He now focused his hearing more directly up the stairs. “IN NEED OF HEALERS!” Fairly sure he was loud enough to announce his presence he started to bolt up the stairs expecting to not catch anyone off guard. But hoping that if he ran into the gnomes they may think he was just a concerned citizen from the town. he had no idea what he would do if he came across the aggressive gnomes but figured they wouldn't much like a fight if they were picking on healers.
Reaching the top of the stairs Ze'v took a deep breath as though he sprinted up the stairs and acted very much like he was exhausted.”Please I need some Healers the square had an explosion.” taking a chance at glancing up he looked around.

He whistled a tune and he casually stepped over bodies and wavered around those rushing to help. Fertilizer in hand, his eyes glanced around the surrounding area for personified landmarks at which direction he was headed. He walked with a slight sway of his body, something that may have look off or unusual to others. He wasn't exactly very open to many things- especially his identity of his species. He preferred to keep the majority of his being a mysterious, personal matter, which is why the only real feature he showed was his eyes. He also had the props of his occupation to mask his smell with rot and dirt.

He continued to bounce from side to side while enjoying his own tune. Naturally, he chose a path with little to no people, making his way through the city to reach the graveyard.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back