Adenovirus 423 DC Armory: Command Center

Fishman

Broseidon
Benefactor
Description
The largest room aside from the arena, the command center has two computers and a radio set up on the left side of the room. At its center is a round table with several chairs surrounding it. To the left, there's a small bookcase that's half stocked

Two heavy wooden doors stood at the entrance of the command center, the room that Jacob, the leader of the East, spent the bulk of his days within. He had become a hermit, cowering in there, hunched over his radios and maps, mumbling to himself, mumbling into that radio, just mumbling all the time.

Asha remembered when he wasn't like that. There had been a point in his life that Jacob was someone to look up to. She remembered his ascent as their leader, chosen after weeks of nursing his predecessor when she fell ill and giving orders in her place. He was very stern, but kind. He instilled the Knights with the valor and lawfulness that Asha eventually took as her own.

She wasn't sure exactly when, but she suspected a change in his behavior when he reached his twenties. Normally, Jacob was out and about on missions with the rest of them. At some point, he was spending more time at headquarters, then in the office. In the early years of his leadership, he was transparent and welcoming. Now, Asha couldn't even figure out if he cared about the kids that died on his missions. Missions that he sent them on, told them in confidence that no enemies had been spotted, that the cache was theirs for the taking...

The man who told her, Art, and Sanjay, now a dead man, that they could trust him. The man who told them lies, their leader, selling them out to the enemy.

No more,
thought Asha as she glanced back at the three boys who had followed her this far. For them, for everyone, I won't allow you to continue this injustice.

Grasping the handles, Asha threw open the heavy doors to the command center, revealing the dim conference room with the empty round table in its midst. On the far right, a wiry man in a thin, dirty t-shirt and a pair of baggy jeans sat. His blonde hair was in thin strands down his back. His clothes didn't fit him anymore, as they were drooping from his pale limbs like moss over a twig.

Asha's hands curled into fists. "Jacob," she started. "We need to talk."

Slowly, the man turned around, revealing a gaunt and grey face. He looked at the four of them with a wearily. He scrutinized each one individually, expression subtly changing as he switched between them.

"I expected you, Art," he spoke, voice low, with the texture of gravel. "You've always been a sheep in the herd. A black sheep, but a sheep nonetheless."

His gaze shifted to Casey, and somehow his eyes became even more tired. "But I expected better from you. At least, with your example, Robin would have-"

"Jacob," spat Asha, cutting him off. "You know why we're here. I'm giving you once chance to explain yourself and step down."

The blonde leader turned his chair to face the group now, planting his elbows on his knees, looking at them with a faint smile.

"Do you think there's another way?" he asked them. "Something other than the Key to help keep someone going? If there was a chance that something like that was out there... you'd gun for it, too, wouldn't you?" He glared at Robin. "What if Casey was sick? What if there was one chance that you could prolong his life even a little? You would do anything. What about you, Art? You'd kill for her. You already have, haven't you? Isn't that what you're doing now?" He rose from his chair. "I'm just trying to keep us alive!"

Last edited:
"The feeling is mutual, Jacob," Casey answered with a sorrowful frown. "I expected better of you."

Robin scowled, clenching his fists when Jacob addressed him. The fact that some of the words carried a hint of truth to them only made him angrier. "How does selling out our people to the enemy help keep anyone alive?" he growled. "You're not doing this for anyone but yourself! "

Art breathed somewhat evenly and quietly but it could be compared to a jet engine considering he typically emanated no sound that could be detected on a whim. Coldly, he replied,
"If I'm the sheep, what does that say about you? And who said anything about killing?"
His right hand was being held tightly within his jacket, hovering over his throwing picks and suntetsu in suspicion while his other hand remained at his side, although still prepared.

"I'm the reason any of you have been alive in the first place! Pinched between Loki's Kin and The Disciples, you really think we would have survived if I hadn't sold my sister off West so that shitslinger Ulric would make sure our asses weren't always in checkmate? You think he's not going to try shit once I'm dead because of this fucking disease?"

"That's enough, Jacob," Asha demanded. "These are excuses. If you had been honest with us, we could have worked together on this problem!"

"Oh, yeah, because that's worked before. Because that's not what all the other leaders before us have tried. Christ, Asha, I should have expected this of you. This isn't a story about a hero! This is a story about kids trying to live in a shit world. You know what?" Jacob started to walk backwards towards the window. "I'm not going to let you endanger everything I've built!"

"What are you doing? Jacob!" cried Asha as the man opened the window behind him, shouting at the top of his lungs:

"HELP! I'm being attacked!"

"Now, you wait right here," growled Asha. She pointed to Casey, "Get outside and stop anyone from rushin' in here!" Then lifted her hand to beckon at the other two members. "Art, Robin, come on!" She walked forward with a hand out to restrain the man. As he turned to look at her, one of his hands slipped to the back of his jeans and the blade of a knife gleamed into view.

Mechanica had been walking for the exit with the wagon and the turbine she had just finished. She was going to the river to test her design, wanting to be sure that it worked before she brought the idea before their leader and pitched her idea for a more reliable energy source. If she could get help building better turbines, then everyone would be better off. Perhaps they might even find a cure faster.

Before she could make it to the door though, she heard a shout for help. She paused, searching her mind a moment. She knew the voice. It was their leader, Jacob. Her head began to pound in her chest and she sprinted off, leaving g her wagon where it was, she slid around amcorner and brought her modified hunting rifle up as she came to the door. She knew this person who was standing there, but he did not seem like he was waiting to see their leader.

Her weapon, once a normal hunting rifle, now could shoot a verity of Amunition, and could even shoot many at once. Currently she had it set to fire a wide spread blast of rock salt. It would not kill, but it would hurt like hell. "Casey..." She said grimly, taking a few steps forward. "I hope this is not what it looks like..."

Last edited:
"Right..." Casey grimaced, exchanging a glance with Robin before turning and stepping out of the room to take a position by the door.

Robin followed Asha forwards with a scowl, and was opening his mouth to make another retort when he spotted the glint of the knife being drawn. His eyes widened, and he lunged forwards, aiming to grab Jacob's arm and shove it back into the wall. Of course, he wasn't exactly the strongest person on base, so how well that would go for him was another question entirely...

Outside, Casey held his hands up in a peaceful gesture towards Mechanica. "Hey, hey, no need for the gun," he said warily, offering her a nervous smile. "It isn't, believe me. We just came here to talk. And I promise you there's a good reason for it."

"If you are just here to talk, why is Jacob calling for help? Who is inside?" She could not see a weapon him him, but she made many trips into the more dangerous parts of the city, I clueing over enemy lines es. She was not one to leave things to chance. Just because she did not see a weapon did not mean that he did not have one. There were plenty of places where one could be hidden.

"If you leave and go back to your room, I can forget that I saw you here. But I'm getting in that room. If you try and stop me I will open fire. Nothing personal. But we are supposed to be like a family. And Jacob is the glue that keeps use together. At least at the moment. If anyone finds out that members are going after himz the entire gang could fall apart." She spoke easily, her voice never wavering and her eyes remained on him the entire time. That being said, she was keeping her senses sharp in case there were more with Casey and whoever was inside. She was not about to let anyone getnthe jump on her.

Art froze for a moment as Robin lunged forward, his mind racing with possibilities. Everything was more complicated with arms. His calculating mind analyzed as many details as he could in the minute frame of time he had to react. Too many possibilities, too little time.
He was too rash in a moment like this. Why did he have to dash forward? I can't throw a pick or I'll impale Robin in the back, he's too far forward to grab, I'll deepen the wound if I crash into him and the knife.
As he thought, his hand automatically reached for the throwing pick while drawing his left "dagger." For the moment, he would move toward the left flank to obtain a better angle, while motioning for Asha to not make any more decisions that could even worsen the situation. Perhaps Robin could overpower the man, he was a shadow of his former self, but still at his peak age.

Jason heard a shout for help was on the third floor when he heard it. Grabbing his can of mace from his pocket, he took off down the stairs in the direction of the Command Center. When he ran down the hall he noticed Casey and Mechanica. Then he noticed the rifle that was pointed at Casey. "Woah Woah Woah, what's going on you aren't going to kill him are you?!?" Jason Exclaimed as he approached and aimed his can of mace towards Mechanica.

Quick steps came from down the hallways as the two Knights approached the Command Center. It didn't take them long, especially since they were walking so fast. There were people rushing around past them, leaving to go tell others and heading towards the same place that they were presently in pursuit of. The girl let go of the mechanic's arm as they got closer and turned to him, holding her sniper rifle in both hands. "Alright, I need you to go over there and check things out for me, okay? I'll be back here, covering you with my sniper. If anyone tries to attack you I'll gun them down in a second. See what's going on, and tell me who's in Jacob's office if you can. But don't attack anyone. Just... Look around."

Valerie pressed her hand against Trys' back and gave him a slight nudge forward, tilting her head towards the door to the CC. "I would go, but I'm more of the 'stay back and cover' kind of gal. Hopefully Abington will come around here as well... Who are those people at the door?" Noticing the crowd, Val pressed her eye against the scope of her rifle and raised it, turning the safety off as she did so. Just in case. As she looked through the lens, she spotted Casey at the door. Strange, normally he was with his boyfriend, Robin. It looked to her like he was guarding it.

Then Mechanica, who was pointing a rifle at him. She blinked, her eyes narrowed as she tried to get a clearer zoom. And... Another guy who she didn't know the name of, pointing a can of mace towards Mechanica. Damn, this was like one of those action movies where they all pointed their weapons at each other. But why? Although the girl didn't plan on shooting any of them, she kept her index finger poised on the trigger and examined the door they were in front of. Jacob was surely in there, as he always seemed to be. But who else? Who could be-

Realization washed over her. Could it be Art? He had come limping into the Hangar earlier, bleeding and saying he urgently needed to get somewhere. And then he had run off; and then this happened. But, she couldn't imagine the boy staging something like this on his own. She never really saw him around, and he didn't seem like one to get meddled in these affairs. With her lips pressed into a firm line, she looked away from the scope for a second to examine the people making their way down the hall. They just passed right by her without giving her a moment's notice. That was good. Right now, all she wanted to do was stay in the background and watch from a safe distance. If necessary she would get involved, but it seemed like whoever was staging this rebellion was focused solely on the leader. So long as they didn't hurt any Knights without reason, there wasn't much she cared about. Hell, maybe it was time for someone different after all. And if they could take down Jacob? All the more reason they were fit to govern this gang.

Her eye went back to the scope. She had to keep a steady hand, aim precisely... No sudden movements. Observe. Defend.

Trys had been all for hanging back at the Hangar with the rest of the mechanics when the boys had entered mentioning that Jacob was getting attacked and they needed help. He was not the person to go helping. No one wanted him near a weapon and he couldn't fight for shit. He'd rather run from conflict than face it. So yeah, he was curious, but he would be damned if he went in there and joined them.

That was until Val grabbed him and pulled him right along with her. He'd protested the entire way, making sure she understood that he was not the man for this job. He was a man for any other job but this one, and when they stopped at a distance he was relieved...

...Right up until she told him to go and get information and gave him a nudge in the direction.

Trys hesitated, looking back at Val and then looking at the group that was starting to accumulate where Casey was with Mechanica and... he thought the boy's name was Jason? Yeah, Jason. It was kicking off. Dickens was also there. Obviously he'd been in the area to try and find out about the scouting deal that he'd been lied to. This was not good. Not good at all.

He looked back once more at Val, but she had the rifle pointed at the area he was supposed to walk into. This would go wrong. He could feel it. But slowly he found his feet walking forwards to the small crowd, trying to find out what was going on exactly. Trys didn't think for a moment that Jacob was really been attacked though. No one had ever tried to stand up to him before. No one had stood up to Jacob's decisions when he made sure Trys was pretty much the butt of all jokes, or when he brought down harsher punishments on him for his slip ups. If no one had stood up to Jacob before, why would they now?

Curiosity kept him walking until he was at the edge of the crowd and able to listen to what was been said.

Before the commotion had even started to get bad outside, the action inside the command center was swiftly passing.

As soon as Robin surged forward to grab Jacob's knife hand, the man threw a punch to the redhead's face. Though thin, the leader of the Knights still packed a mighty punch. Assuming that Robin had been thrown aside, Jacob turned towards Art to stick him next.

Despite what happened, Asha pulled out her revolver fairly quickly, leveling it towards Jacob.

"Stop!" she demanded.

Art reacted quickly, being prepared to engage. His fingers grasped the throwing picks in his interior pockets before throwing out about 4 of the small sharpened rods at Jacob in a spray.

His feet automatically backed off from the assailant, moving out of the revolver's area of spread. He held his knife slightly forward, ready to defend himself if it came to blows.
No way he can beat me in a knife-fight.

The punch connected, Robin being far more focused on stopping Jacob from using the knife than protecting himself. The redhead stumbled to the side with a yelp, briefly stunned and clutching at his face.

Outside, Casey shook his head. "Hey, hey, hold up. Mechs, you know me. I wouldn't do something like this without a good reason, you know I wouldn't. Jacob ... he's betrayed everyone. He's been sending people to their deaths, deliberately. We have proof, and we came here to confront him with it, not to attack him. You have to trust me. He's calling for help to try and confuse things, and make people think we're the bad guys here! We're not! We can show you the proof once this is resolved, please, trust me?"

Then, more people started to arrive. Casey winced as the situation got more and more dangerous. The more people involved the more room for somebody to get the wrong idea there was. "Guys! We're all on the same side here!"

There were muffled sounds of struggle from inside, only just audible. Casey glanced over his shoulder at the closed door with worry, hoping that whatever was happening wasn't too drastic... and it was in their favour.

"Just rock salt. It will hurt like hell but it won't kill." Mecha Ica easily answered the guy who came running p. She felt like she knew him, but at the moment Casey was her focus. "Then you bring it to everyone else. One small group acting out against everyone else is how people get killed. If you have proof then you have to convince everyone. Going after Jacob now, sick and losing his mind? Someone is going to get hurt if we don't stop it. He's not going to step down without a fight." She pointed out, and almost as if in cue sounds of struggle were heard through the door.

"Does that sound peaceful to you? Even dying Jacob is formidable, perhaps more! He has nothing to lose because he is already dying. If you do not help stop this, someone is going to get hurt or die." Her tone was firm, almost urgent. What were they thinking!? Going to the rest of the gang with the information would have been better. Then they could have held a meeting and removed Jacob from his position peacefully. Now the entire compound was up in arms and on lock down. That did not send a good signal to the other gangs. Infighting could tears them apart. Then they would be vulnerable to attack.

Jason paused, and then lowered the can of mace that he was pointing at Mecha. "Let's all just put our weapons down here...I don't want this to end badly guys." He glanced around at the small crowd gathered now. It was clear that Casey wasn't budging. "YO WHATS GOING ON IN THERE" Jason shouted, it might be a fruitless effort but he didn't know what else to try.

It was probably time to leave. He should go back to Val and advise that something was happening to Jacob and that Casey was preventing them from going into the room where Jacob was. That was his job done. Val had asked him to just find out what was going on, after all. And that's what was going on. Just go back to Val and report. That's exactly what he was going to do until...

"Oi..." There was a familiar yell.

Trys sought out the owner of the voice, somehow knowing it was directed at him.

"Look who it is. It's Fuck-Up." Dickens smirked, sauntering closer to Trys. "You know, he's been spending a lot of time in Jacob's company lately." He told whoever was willing to listen.

"What's your point, Dickens?" Trys had no idea what was going on, but it wasn't good. He knew that much.

"Well, it turns out that Jacob has been sending people out to die, according to Casey over there. You've been called into Jacob's office a lot lately. And we all know exactly who your father was." The smirk on Dicken's face went from ear to ear.

"My father has nothing to do with this." If only he could smack the smile right off of his face. His father had been a well known man for his crazy obsession on the Key that made him desert the East, leaving Trys behind and going on a search with his wife. He'd never returned.

"I bet you were in on this little thing Jacob had going. He's had you working on those vehicles pretty hard the last few weeks. I bet that was all just a show - the whole mess up thing. Have you been in on this whole thing?" Dickens liked to cause trouble. And Trys was the target.

"What? NO! I haven't helped him do anything. I swear."

Dickens gave Trys a hard shove. "You're on his side, just admit it! Once a Fuck-Up. Always a Fuck-Up. You thought you could hide this from us all. Play dumb?!"

"Dickens... I didn't do it! I'm not on Jacob's side." Trys was starting to panic a little. Dickens had a lot of people on his side and some of the crowd that had come with the male was now backing him too. This whole situation was about to get out of hand.

And out of hand it did, because suddenly Dicken's fist connected with his face and Trys was flat on his back while his brain tried to catch up with what just happened.

Last edited:
As Valerie was standing there, keeping her sights locked onto the door and the people around it, she tried to make out what they were saying from her distance. But it was no use. There was too much going on at once, and she couldn't clearly hear a thing. Scowling in frustration, the girl switched her view back onto Trys and... Oh. It appeared that, during the time she had spent watching Mechanica and Casey and everyone else, he'd gotten himself into a bit of a scuffle. With, what a surprise, Dickens. The second time in one day, and during the middle of some sort of uprising. Did this guy have a death wish?

Peering through the scope, she pondered on just shooting him and the rest of the crowd down. But... No, that wouldn't work. It was against the rules, and if she ended up murdering a bunch of people over a bit of bullying that would definitely not get her anywhere good. She had a few years left to live, and she planned on actually using them. Still, she growled and rolled her eyes, pointing the barrel of her sniper rifle towards the ground and pressing her finger firmly against the trigger. From here she could actually make out what they were saying.

Bang!

The warning shot landed inches from Dickens' feet, moments after he had punched the mechanic square in the face. Cursing herself for forgetting to do it sooner, she shoved her way through the crowd of people and sent a sharp glower in the direction of the 'honorable gang bully'. What a joke. Now that she was so close to him, though, she noted the obvious size and muscle difference between herself and him. There was no way she could even think of trying to punch him back.

"Leave him alone, Dickens. He's a valuable mechanic, and he had absolutely nothing to do with any of this. I don't see any proof of these accusations. Please, by all means, present me with your evidence. Prove me wrong." Waiting a few seconds, and receiving none, Val brushed past him and extended a hand to Trys, who was currently sprawled out across the ground and dazed. She pulled him to his feet, turning and quickly trying to usher him away from the crowd. Brandishing her rifle in front of her, she held it up in an attempt to threaten him. "And next time, it won't be a warning shot. Let's go." Assuming he was still out of it, she put her hand on his shoulder and guided him towards the adjacent hallway, eager to escape this dangerous situation.

Jacob put his hands up, knife in his left. Asha tipped her chin up slightly, motioning toward the weapon. It was relinquished and clattered to the floor. "Robin, you alright?" she asked the young electrician, never once taking her aim or her eyes off of Jacob, who was staring daggers at her. She felt them sting. Years of trust drove them deep, but the knife he put in her back when he sent her on a suicide mission ran much deeper.

The hammer had been pulled back on the revolver. Jacob noted that.

"Well, you're all good at something. I'm sure Ulric will be glad to hear that mutiny is in your job description. Good luck keeping the West if you somehow become our leader, traitorous bitch."

Back