Status
Not open for further replies.
The bars were evidently not dangerous, as nothing happened when RK-900 touched them. However, it seemed that no level of force would break them either, even though the bars did not appear particularly strong or sturdy.

@Lucky

Isa had not the faintest clue what "Colonel Radec" was referring to, but he was evidently a soldier. The thought brought Isa some level of fear, for the concept of war was something he had only really heard about in stories. However, he was not the kind of boy to be intimidated, so he shot a wary look back at Radec before meeting the gaze of the other red-eyed individual.

Isa found himself a little confused at first at the boy's perception of his confusion, but then he grew annoyed. "I didn't do anything that would warrant imprisoning me," he clarified with an edge to his voice. "If I'm more confused than you or anyone else, then it's only because you probably deserve to be here." Isa turned his head in a desperate attempt to look further beyond the other boy's cell, but could only see another cell beyond that one. "Certainly there must be... guards..."

@RebornRainbow @CrunchyCHEEZIT @Xelian @dark @York @Those around Cell 7​
"Hm... how boring."

The red eyes vanished beneath the darkness as they closed for a moment, followed a slow, dismissive sigh. The blue-haired boy predictably reacted to his observation with agitation, probably in response to being indirectly accused of being a criminal, or at least being mistaken for a criminal. Even someone without boring talents like analytical prowess or logical deduction could tell that he doesn't know what he's talking about. However, there wasn't any point in pursuing it.

He couldn't care less.

It was a boring thing to pursue. What seemed more interesting, at least momentarily, what his remark about prison guards. That is a logical question - containment like this would be meaningless without any kind of personnel. The red eyes reappeared from the darkness, rising to a standing point approaching the bars of Cell 18, finally revealing himself within the flashing red lights - a tall figure, dressed in a black suit-and-tie and surrounded by the jagged presence of his own ebony hair.

So far, the blue-haired boy seemed to be the only one worth communicating with at the moment, so the suited one felt inclined to answer him.

"Presumably, yes. Containment like this would be meaningless without personnel of any kind."

@RebornRainbow @Atomic Knight @Xelian @dark @York @Those around Cell 7​

Pyke - Cell 22
@Ottonomous Ghost @Crow @Alex Azure @Space_Candy @Siege @Kaykay @near cell 22

Pyke stopped banging on the cell doors after a while. He hadn't quite given up yet, but he did intend to rest. Not seeing many, if any, people try to resist their confinement left him sorely disappointed. "At least try to pull your weight..." he muttered.​
"As much as I don't like being caged like some dangerous person, I don't think testing my soft hands against metal bars is really worth it. Don't you agree?"

A girl responded to Pyke's loud shouts with a casual, cheerful voice, seeming to share the robot's sentiments on the matter. It wasn't clear exactly when she'd woken up in relation to the others, but the energy in her voice made it hard to imagine she'd woken up recently. Simply sitting down and leaning against one of the cell's walls, she also didn't seem particularly intent on breaking out. At least, not in the method Pyke advised. If anyone were to look at her small body build, they would probably agree that such a method was laughably impossible anyway.

Keeping a cheerful smile on her face, she then turned to the strange robot.

"Though, you surprised me you know? I haven't seen a robot talk before! But like I thought, you're not Earth technology huh? Whoever caught us like this must really have some reach..."

Though she continued speaking amicably, the girl didn't bother introducing herself just yet, whether it'd simply slipped or mind or was intentional was hard to tell.
Acknowledging Sera's words, an expression of disdain appeared on Pyke's face. This woman had soft hands, and appeared to be wealthy and frail. She didn't seem like she'd do any physical work, or even fight for that matter. Her good mood obviously indicated that she had an easy life. The harpooner balled his fists. "Crews work together. If you're so concerned about your hands, then you might as well die when we all start fightin'." He had no interest in asking for her name.​
"Rebelling against the captors through spilled Energon, that really reminds me of my old days before the war," the voice from Cell 10 directs his voice towards Pyke.

"You're a brave one... ahaha... as much as I highly reccommend it, I would prioritize some strategy first. They are very obviously prepared for all of us."

A flash of red emerged from some 'spotlights' of the alien craft within the Cell.

"Hmmm... this isn't Cybertron, and it seems that most of these people are Earth lifeforms... human. For what purpose are they housing an extraterrestrial like me among all these humans? That is certainly curious, and something we must find out."

The red spotlights shift to Pyke for a bit.

"I can see you now. Tell me, what is your name?"

He noticed the strange robot-looking thing speaking to him. He raised an eyebrow at this, having never spoken to a seemingly sentient machine before. It was almost as large as a huge jaull-fish. His eyes narrowed as he tried to understand all the fancy terms Megatron was throwing around. "Name's Pyke. And strategy? I don't need that. The sooner we can get our hands on their throats, the better," he said stubbornly and with conviction, pacing around impatiently within his cell. "And the hell do you mean, 'extraterrestrial'? I don't understand half the words you're sayin'," he continued. This robot was incredibly strange. Its intelligent speech and name request were baffling. Pyke always understood automatons to just be a bunch of moving parts, and never sentient. "Land-folk and their fancy tech... Do you even have a name?"

Last edited:
"A talking machine? Interesting..." Hela said as she heard Megatron talk.

@Surroundings of Cell 23
Sera Himeura

gdlViSy.png

"As much as I don't like being caged like some dangerous person, I don't think testing my soft hands against metal bars is really worth it. Don't you agree?"

A girl responded to Pyke's loud shouts with a casual, cheerful voice, seeming to share the robot's sentiments on the matter. It wasn't clear exactly when she'd woken up in relation to the others, but the energy in her voice made it hard to imagine she'd woken up recently. Simply sitting down and leaning against one of the cell's walls, she also didn't seem particularly intent on breaking out. At least, not in the method Pyke advised. If anyone were to look at her small body build, they would probably agree that such a method was laughably impossible anyway.

Keeping a cheerful smile on her face, she then turned to the strange robot.

"Though, you surprised me you know? I haven't seen a robot talk before! But like I thought, you're not Earth technology huh? Whoever caught us like this must really have some reach..."

Though she continued speaking amicably, the girl didn't bother introducing herself just yet, whether it'd simply slipped or mind or was intentional was hard to tell.

@Ottonomous Ghost @Crow @dark @Siege @York @Space_Candy @Cell 21​
Pyke - Cell 24
@Ottonomous Ghost @Crow @Alex Azure @Space_Candy @Siege @Kaykay @near cell 24

Pyke stopped banging on the cell doors after a while. He hadn't quite given up yet, but he did intend to rest. Not seeing many, if any, people try to resist their confinement left him sorely disappointed. "At least try to pull your weight..." he muttered.​

Acknowledging Sera's words, an expression of disdain appeared on Pyke's face. This woman had soft hands, and appeared to be wealthy and frail. She didn't seem like she'd do any physical work, or even fight for that matter. Her good mood obviously indicated that she had an easy life. The harpooner balled his fists. "Crews work together. If you're so concerned about your hands, then you might as well die when we all start fightin'." He had no interest in asking for her name.​

He noticed the strange robot-looking thing speaking to him. He raised an eyebrow at this, having never spoken to a seemingly sentient machine before. It was almost as large as a huge jaull-fish. His eyes narrowed as he tried to understand all the fancy terms Megatron was throwing around. "Name's Pyke. And strategy? I don't need that. The sooner we can get our hands on their throats, the better," he said stubbornly and with conviction, pacing around impatiently within his cell. "And the hell do you mean, 'extraterrestrial'? I don't understand half the words you're sayin'," he continued. This robot was incredibly strange. Its intelligent speech and name request were baffling. Pyke always understood automatons to just be a bunch of moving parts, and never sentient. "Land-folk and their fancy tech... Do you even have a name?"

"I am not Earth technology, but rather, alien biology. I am not a machine of the land-folk, but a being from the stars."

The contraption's outer shell began to shift and twist to produce a sound, before a shape arose, a humanoid shape. The newly-forged mechanical being hulked ten to eleven metres in height.

3ebxhH6.png

"I suppose it is only polite to introduce myself. Pleasure to meet you, Pyke. I am Megatron, the Wanderer. I was once many things, perhaps I still am to the eyes of many. What are your names, humans and other Earthlings?"

@Cell10
(8, 9, 10, 11, 12)
(20, 21, 22, 23, 24)

@Kaykay @Ottonomous Ghost @Crimson Spartan @York @Siege @dark

Prologue: Akande Ogundimu
"Those Who Fall..."

Open your eyes.

They opened, but they registered nothing. Black, and a foggy, pulsating red. They couldn't stay open for long, either. He only got them open a third of the way before they shut again.

---

He was sitting at a table now. Smooth black marble, the only modern thing in an ancient room built floor-to-ceiling with stone. He, too, dressed in the ancient clothing of Venice: rich purple Reanaissance costuming, and a ivory mask over his eyes. Ironically, this put him out of place compared to the more mordern outfits of the others here. Four sat around the table, amplifying how empty it was; there were enough seats for at least twice this number.

He broke the silence, drumming his fingers on the table. "My, my. I don't know about you all, but this is the sparcest I've seen this council. Will it only be the five of us?"

"Six." A ghoulish voice spoke from behind a skull-like mask and black cowl. "Vialli is-"

"-Is no longer with us." From her place to his left, the only woman here folded her hands on the table. "So yes. Five."

The wraith across from him seethed below the mask, but that only made him smile. "It seems Vialli forgot the true purpose of our organization," he continued. "I trust the rest of us have not made the same mistake?"

"But of course not." The robot in the finely-tailored suit to his right replied coolly, and the businessman to his right nodded.

"Good. Then we can get started." He spoke professionally, as if he had never left. It was hard to believe he had been gone for eight years, with the way he commanded the room. "Our first order of business will be to fill these empty seats. The smaller the council, the less voices in control. And that would be very dangerous."

His eyes fixed on the wraith.

"Don't you agree, Reaper?"

And with just those four words, the air was sucked out of the room. The elephant in the room had officially been acknowledged, and Reaper was now the one all four pairs of eyes were on. He was sure under the skull, Reaper was giving him a look that could kill.

"...right."

"Good! Now, I want us all to start throwing names around. As I've been gone, I trust you all know these people better than I do. I want only the best on this council. With what Talon plans to accomplish, we need all the help we can get."

---

Wake up.

He tried opening his eyes again. His vision was still blurred, but less so. Not that there was much to see, considering he was looking up at some sort of ceiling...?

He brought his left hand up to rub his eyes. Ah. He was no longer dressed in purple, he no longer had a mask. But he did have some kind of...bracelet? He couldn't get a good look at it; his eyes closed again.

---

He was outside now, overlooking a beautiful scene. A dazzling sunset, the sky painted pink and blue, reflected in the shimmering waters of the canal before him. Venice. What a lovely place it was. He took a derp breath, hungrily inhaling that maritime smell he'd taken for granted. He had never anticipated he would miss it after being locked away so long.

"Reaper needs to go," the woman said, looking out over the water herself. "We have enough people now, he can have an accident just like his dear friend Vialli."

"No." He shook his head. "You can feel it too, can't you, Moira? Reyes is a cult of personality, even now. He has people on his side, you can feel it just walking through headquarters any given day."

"People that were also added to the council."

"A necessary step to earn his trust and give him a false sense of security. Once he's gone, those loyal to him will either follow, of be freed from his spell. But we need to take a few steps first. For one thing..." He looked down at his right hand. An artificial limb, one that changed his life forever. But it was awfully bare... "I need my gauntlet back."

Moira nodded. "You have a chance next week. Some little inventor girl in Numbani returned after going missing for months."

"Efi Oladele? I've seen her work. She has a bright future as an engineer ahead of her."

"That, and a museum exhibit to celebrate in the next month. Your gauntlet is going to be transported to a Helix facility while they prepare the exhibit, which is the perfect time to take it back."

"Then we can do that, then. But in the meantime...refresh my memory. Lacroix and Reyes..."

"They have ties to something called The Order. It was enough to make Lacroix a deserter. And on top of that, Reyes got gis new toys from The Shareholders. And I don't know what he's planning...but I do know this. Whatever it is...it must be stopped."

---

Come on now.

Third time's the charm. Now he was alnost there. But yet, he was still not at his best. Senses were still dull...maybe lifting his head would help? Try and get moving.

"Ugh..."

Never mind. He needed a little more time. Eyes closed yet again.

---

He was now in a very familiar state of being. The gauntlet, his gauntlet, now was in its proper place on his arm. And he stood now behind a podium, before a crowd of Talon operatives. Finally, things were back in track. His prized possession returned, new members to not only replace those killed by the Cyberdemon, but that number and a half on top of it...and now, to give his speech.

"Humanity has never known peace." His voice commanded the room on its own, the microphone only enhancing his raw power. "Humanity has never known peace, and humanity never WILL know peace, no matter how many strive for it. War. Famine. Plague. Natural disaster. These all exist to challenge mankind, to push us to our limits...and above all else, to aid us in our evolution. Humanity will always grow, always evolve, and we here at Talon have committed ourselves to furthering our own kind."

His gaze wandered out among the people staring up at him. "I am sure you have seen how the world receives us. They call us villains. Terrorists. Monsters. And many, many other things. But I do not want you to see yourselves that way. What we are...are catalysts. We are the driving force behind the evolution of humanity. Look at the Omnic Crisis. Did people perish? Yes, of course they did! But those who did not...all of us! We may hace suffered, but we survived! We prospered! We won! Look at me, if you will. I lost my arm in that crisis, and with that, I had to give up martial arts...my one true passion. Did I let that stop me? No." He raised his gauntlet with a grin. "I just found myself a better arm."

He paused, letting them chuckle if they found that funny, and continued. "Humanity did the same. Technology evolved, security improved...and organizations that hindered humanity with petty infighting and hypocritical morals? They were cast aside because we as a species knew we could do better. And we have done better. Talon has done more than Overwatch ever could. And we will do more, so much more. Once the next war begins, humanity will evolve like never before!"

"The world needs us now, more than it ever has. So I ask you all: Are you with us?"

The overwhelming applause spoke volumes. As a standing ovation broke out, he could only smile, feeling himself swelling with pride. Yes. Yes! His people! They were going to rise up, like never before! And he would lead them all.

He was the catalyst.

He was The Successor.

He was Doomfist.

---

WAKE. UP!

His eyes shot open. Good. He was finally awake.

Akande Ogundimu slowly sat up, careful to keep himself from going too fast and wiping out again. So...that had been his last memory, then. A victorious speech, and then...this. Odd. The sight of bars before him certainly killed any high that last reverie had left him. Out of prison for only a short time, only to end up right back in. But this was nothing like the Helix facility he had been in. In fact, it was something new entirely.

Akande got up, looking at his surroundings properly. Some man with a yellow circle on his head was looking around, and someone to his left (a girl, judging by her voice) asked a question. And judging from the garbled chatter further to his right, there were far more of them here.

Walking forward, he gripped the cell bars with his left hand, glancing at his right to see if they had confiscated his gauntlet. He tested the strength of this bar by merely gripping it. Strong, very strong. Trying to break out would do no good. So, he would take another route: gaining as much information as we can.

"I cannot say I'm aware of how we got here, no," he replied, answering the girl beside him. "I also have no idea how we got these bracelets, or where we even are. But I can only assume we have some reason for being locked up. Either a criminal record, or we are too powerful to be let out." Knowing himself, though...probably the former.

@Atomic Knight @Ver @Jeremi @Lucky @ShadowCoyote0 @Minerva

Prologue: A Wilful Disposition
sinestro1.jpg

"Other day, another Dawn, another cell..." Sinestro crowed, his spine propped up against the back wall of Cell 5. As his eyes peeled open, he couldn't shake the feeling of... infancy from his being. Whatever had stolen him away and locked him inside the womb of this Red Beast had not only robbed him of his freedom but his flesh too; for the first time since his arrival on Oa, Thaal Sinestro truely felt like an alien.
"Still... I've been in filth sir cells... and tigger blinding then these..."
Thaal stretched out his slender red fingers, rolling them across each other like the teeth of a battered of fan. No ring. He had gone from owning 4 such weapons to none; whoever had imprisoned him was clearly smarter than he had given them credit for. They weren't taking any chances.

At last, he thought, A foe who understands my worth

The brackets at his wrists were no doubt some crude attempt to damper his power. Post 21st century technology by the looks of things. No active screens. No lights. As effective as the devices were, they were sloppy in every sense of the word.

The same could be said for his cell. It was all lights and shadows. It was a step up from his usual residence of an Oan sciencell; at least this room made no efforts to blind him with tacky green light. The crimson glow was an improvement, to say the least. The colour brought with it undertones of hate and fury and passion; their wardens were making no attempt to rehabilitate them, judging by the architecture. The dark was a means of isolating them. The colour was a means of inspiring hate.

There were only 2 ways out of a prison such as this; execution or petty decay. This wasn't the kind of institute that would let you put to stretch your legs once a week, or one that would arm you with some mining equipment and expect you to earn your freedom. Wherever he was, it had been built to punish him.
To punish him for what, he asked himself? For achieving security for his people? For deterring the dredges of the Galaxy from engaging in that base desire to kill? For the liberation of countless worlds from twisted blue rule? No. Any enlightened being would have understood Sinestro's plight. They would have shared his triumphs. They would have begged for him to continue his sacred mission.

But no. Instead they had locked him away like the common rats to either side of him. He couldn't see they're faces, of course, but he didn't need to. He could smell their fears. He could taste their weakness. It hung in the air like smoke and pooled at his feet like bile. They dared to him him away. They had dared to keep him from to sun. And for that, whichever self righteous fool would had ordered his arrest would be made to suffer. They would be made to fear him.

"Listen to me!" Sinestro called through the jaws of his cell "My name is Sinestro, and I trust that you all are equally dangerous men. Were you not, I doubt you would he enchained with the likes of me. Killers. Theifs. Pillagers and pirates no doubt. Whoever and whatever you were means nothing now. From this moment forth, you have been enlisted"

Every prison in the Multiverse had one critical flaw; they placed all the scum and villainy in the sector a single location, and in doing so, they had struck their own shatter point. All Thaal had to do was increase the pressure. All he had to do was rally a force already desperate for revenge and groomed to kill and give them a target to shoot at. After that, he could wait for the sound of the walls crashing down.

For if there is one factor known to unbalance any equation, it is the factor of fear. It is the factor of Sinestro.

"We serve a common cause; we all wish to be free. Stand with me and I will cast of your chains. I will burn away your past like leaves before magma. Hear my voice. Listen to my words. Thaal Sinestro is the one man who can return your freedom to you. All you have to do is accept my offer. Reject fear. And get ready to kill"
@Gummi Bunnies @Minerva @Yun Lee @Ver @ShadowCoyote0@Atomic Knight @Crow @Cheese_Pizza @MelodyMeister
@AnyoneVaguelyNearCell5​

"I am not Earth technology, but rather, alien biology. I am not a machine of the land-folk, but a being from the stars."

The contraption's outer shell began to shift and twist to produce a sound, before a shape arose, a humanoid shape. The newly-forged mechanical being hulked ten to eleven metres in height.

"I suppose it is only polite to introduce myself. Pleasure to meet you, Pyke. I am Megatron, the Wanderer. I was once many things, perhaps I still am to the eyes of many. What are your names, humans and other Earthlings?"
"The stars?" Pyke tried imagining what Megatron was talking about. Was this thing really from beyond the sky? The dead sailor never thought of such a possibility. His whole life he'd only been looking down, and never up. Now that he thought about it, though, the two were similar. Both had the unknown lurking within; most creatures from the depths have never even been seen by man. "Alien from the stars, huh? Never knew there were sky-folk. Not too different from the deep I guess. The bottom of the ocean ain't no part of this world."

RK-900

RK blinked and looked over at what the man had mentioned and just noticed that it was a bracelet on his wrist. How very strange. He tilted his head and seeing as they wouldn't be removed, he checked to see where it connected and if it pierced the skin on him. " So, as a review, everyone here has a bracelet and no clue how we got here," he said, repeating the fact to see if the others agreed with him. He was stating the obvious mostly to just process it.

@Yun Lee @Atomic Knight @Ver @Minerva @Jeremi @ShadowCoyote0

-Akira Nishikiyama Prologue-
"Bloodstained Judgement"

BANG! BANG! BANG!

Three gunshots. A single shot to the head. The poor victim fell to the ground with a rough thud.

BANG!

Another gunshot. Even though the victim was clearly dead. It didn't hurt to be sure on the death, right? Another man cleared his throat to get the gunner's attention.

❝ Eh... boss, I think we should dip soon. We made a real ruckus before gunning the sack of shit down. ❞ The man pointed out, realizing that there wasn't much else they could do now that their target was dead. The temptations to shoot again but not at the target rose in response.

❝ C'mon Patriarch Nishikiyama, we don't want to pile up so much dirt on our plate! Let's go- ❞

BANG!

One last gunshot. The accompanying man fell to the ground, a bullet piercing through his chest. Nishikiyama was tempted to shoot him more for even thinking that he was free to give him orders as his subordinate of their family, but there was no more ammunition loaded into the firearm. Taking his losses, the yakuza patriarch fled the scene.

Nishikiyama let out a tired breath of air in the form of a sigh once he was alone in his office, having gone through a tiring deal regarding the 10 billion yen that was currently missing. It was tedious, but it'll be worth it in the end. It didn't matter to him on how much blood he'd accumulate over time, he's lost track of how many people he's killed since his sister's death. It didn't matter to him that his kyoudai Kiryu was out of prison by now. It didn't matter to him that he was putting his old friends and acquaintances onto the chopping block.

He'll claim that chairman seat for the Tojo Clan, all for himself. After all of this work, he'll be rewarded for it, he was sure of it. He'll prove to all of them that he could make it to the top by himself. That he didn't need Kiryu to get him there in the first place.

❝ All of this is so... crazy. Just thinking about it... ❞ Nishiki laughs dryly to himself, reflecting on how he's made his progress in the past week or two. It all started with the partnership between his yakuza family and this Blood Institute. They both shared a common target, he wanted to eliminate the competition for the chairman seat and the Institute wanted particular people dead for their projects. Soon after that partnership, mysterious murders, no, it was more like a slaughter spree occurring in the middle of the night in Kamurocho. Brief mentions and rumors of a strange demonic monster roaming around in the shadows. Murders that were so gruesome that it must've been a demon at work. Along with that, snippets of blue crystals being near different murder scenes and Kiryu being heavily involved in the city once again, it was a lot to take in.

❝ What am I going on about? It's only a matter of time before I claim what's mine at the end... I shouldn't worry about those other things. ❞ He reminded himself, running a hand through his hair.

❝ But you might as well keep tabs on those other issues, Nishiki. ❞

He immediately shot up from his seat, snatching out his gun from the top of his desk and taking aim at the other voice. A sigh of relief washed over him as he lowered his gun and saw that this was only his secretive business partner.

❝ ... I don't mind if you hide in my office every now and then, but next time be mindful about how you reveal yourself. Another second if I didn't realize, you'd find a bullet lodged in your face. ❞ He groaned once he dropped the gun onto his desk, pretending he didn't just hear the woman giggle at his dismay.

❝ No need to worry about that. I simply hid in this room to keep track on your other business partners and to leave a piece of important info for you. ❞ She didn't seem to mind the fact that Nishiki was this close to shooting her by pure reflex. He only motioned for her to continue, so she leaned over as if whispering something truly important to him.

❝ I have a good idea on who that rampaging demon that slaughters unfortunate victims at night is... ❞ She goes on, but Nishiki flinches all of a sudden. A jabbing pain at his neck. He glances to his right, his eyes widening at the sight just as everything goes blank. He vaguely heard what she was saying after that searing pain, but something about it didn't sound exactly right about this piece of information.

Then he passed out.

Awakening from the abrupt slumber, Nishiki was completely convinced that he was set up by that mysterious business partner from the Blood Institute. He should've known, now that this has become a major setback to his progress. He couldn't afford to be here while the Tojo Clan chairman seat was empty, but he couldn't afford to be careless and set himself back even more.

There were other people here, all encased in similar cells just like him. However, what did he care for everyone else? What would he gain from helping them? They didn't count towards his progress to getting his rightful place in the Tojo Clan. With a tired sigh, he leans back onto the cold concrete wall behind him.

❝ I'd rather sleep right about now. Wake me when we aren't wasting time with small talk. ❞ The white-suited man grumbles and forces his eyes shut.

@Kaykay @Ottonomous Ghost @Crimson Spartan @York @Siege @dark @Crow @nearCell12

Envy yawned as they awoke, flat out on the ground, now if you were to have asked Envy where they were at this moment in time, before their eyes are open, they would simply have answered with 'Somewhere with a fucking uncomfortable floor.'

Rolling back onto their shoulders, Envy launched themselves up to land on their feet, before looking around, taking in the surroundings. There were just brick walls, no windows, and the very cold metal floor that Envy has been lying on just before.

Looking across the way at the very similarly, if not identically laid out cell-thing they noticed a guy in there with very blue hair, but in terms of hair, Envy can't exactly talk, they have weird long black tendril kind of things.

"The fuck is going on here?" They shouted very unnecessarily to the people around them.

@RebornRainbow @York @dark @CrunchyCHEEZIT @Atomic Knight @people around cell 19

Indignity, humiliation. Dhaos didn't know how he had found himself locked inside a cage, having sat on his throne to what to him had seemed mere moments ago. He looked down at the bracelet on his hand with disgust. Technology. Had humanity finally achieved what they had sought? The defeat of Dhaos?

"Disgusting..." He murmured to himself. They didn't even offer him the dignity of a swift death. However as the cloud of anger lifted from his mind he realized that something was amiss. Perhaps his first judgment was a bit too hasty.

Prologue: Akande Ogundimu
"Those Who Fall..."

Open your eyes.

They opened, but they registered nothing. Black, and a foggy, pulsating red. They couldn't stay open for long, either. He only got them open a third of the way before they shut again.

---

He was sitting at a table now. Smooth black marble, the only modern thing in an ancient room built floor-to-ceiling with stone. He, too, dressed in the ancient clothing of Venice: rich purple Reanaissance costuming, and a ivory mask over his eyes. Ironically, this put him out of place compared to the more mordern outfits of the others here. Four sat around the table, amplifying how empty it was; there were enough seats for at least twice this number.

He broke the silence, drumming his fingers on the table. "My, my. I don't know about you all, but this is the sparcest I've seen this council. Will it only be the five of us?"

"Six." A ghoulish voice spoke from behind a skull-like mask and black cowl. "Vialli is-"

"-Is no longer with us." From her place to his left, the only woman here folded her hands on the table. "So yes. Five."

The wraith across from him seethed below the mask, but that only made him smile. "It seems Vialli forgot the true purpose of our organization," he continued. "I trust the rest of us have not made the same mistake?"

"But of course not." The robot in the finely-tailored suit to his right replied coolly, and the businessman to his right nodded.

"Good. Then we can get started." He spoke professionally, as if he had never left. It was hard to believe he had been gone for eight years, with the way he commanded the room. "Our first order of business will be to fill these empty seats. The smaller the council, the less voices in control. And that would be very dangerous."

His eyes fixed on the wraith.

"Don't you agree, Reaper?"

And with just those four words, the air was sucked out of the room. The elephant in the room had officially been acknowledged, and Reaper was now the one all four pairs of eyes were on. He was sure under the skull, Reaper was giving him a look that could kill.

"...right."

"Good! Now, I want us all to start throwing names around. As I've been gone, I trust you all know these people better than I do. I want only the best on this council. With what Talon plans to accomplish, we need all the help we can get."

---

Wake up.

He tried opening his eyes again. His vision was still blurred, but less so. Not that there was much to see, considering he was looking up at some sort of ceiling...?

He brought his left hand up to rub his eyes. Ah. He was no longer dressed in purple, he no longer had a mask. But he did have some kind of...bracelet? He couldn't get a good look at it; his eyes closed again.

---

He was outside now, overlooking a beautiful scene. A dazzling sunset, the sky painted pink and blue, reflected in the shimmering waters of the canal before him. Venice. What a lovely place it was. He took a derp breath, hungrily inhaling that maritime smell he'd taken for granted. He had never anticipated he would miss it after being locked away so long.

"Reaper needs to go," the woman said, looking out over the water herself. "We have enough people now, he can have an accident just like his dear friend Vialli."

"No." He shook his head. "You can feel it too, can't you, Moira? Reyes is a cult of personality, even now. He has people on his side, you can feel it just walking through headquarters any given day."

"People that were also added to the council."

"A necessary step to earn his trust and give him a false sense of security. Once he's gone, those loyal to him will either follow, of be freed from his spell. But we need to take a few steps first. For one thing..." He looked down at his right hand. An artificial limb, one that changed his life forever. But it was awfully bare... "I need my gauntlet back."

Moira nodded. "You have a chance next week. Some little inventor girl in Numbani returned after going missing for months."

"Efi Oladele? I've seen her work. She has a bright future as an engineer ahead of her."

"That, and a museum exhibit to celebrate in the next month. Your gauntlet is going to be transported to a Helix facility while they prepare the exhibit, which is the perfect time to take it back."

"Then we can do that, then. But in the meantime...refresh my memory. Lacroix and Reyes..."

"They have ties to something called The Order. It was enough to make Lacroix a deserter. And on top of that, Reyes got gis new toys from The Shareholders. And I don't know what he's planning...but I do know this. Whatever it is...it must be stopped."

---

Come on now.

Third time's the charm. Now he was alnost there. But yet, he was still not at his best. Senses were still dull...maybe lifting his head would help? Try and get moving.

"Ugh..."

Never mind. He needed a little more time. Eyes closed yet again.

---

He was now in a very familiar state of being. The gauntlet, his gauntlet, now was in its proper place on his arm. And he stood now behind a podium, before a crowd of Talon operatives. Finally, things were back in track. His prized possession returned, new members to not only replace those killed by the Cyberdemon, but that number and a half on top of it...and now, to give his speech.

"Humanity has never known peace." His voice commanded the room on its own, the microphone only enhancing his raw power. "Humanity has never known peace, and humanity never WILL know peace, no matter how many strive for it. War. Famine. Plague. Natural disaster. These all exist to challenge mankind, to push us to our limits...and above all else, to aid us in our evolution. Humanity will always grow, always evolve, and we here at Talon have committed ourselves to furthering our own kind."

His gaze wandered out among the people staring up at him. "I am sure you have seen how the world receives us. They call us villains. Terrorists. Monsters. And many, many other things. But I do not want you to see yourselves that way. What we are...are catalysts. We are the driving force behind the evolution of humanity. Look at the Omnic Crisis. Did people perish? Yes, of course they did! But those who did not...all of us! We may hace suffered, but we survived! We prospered! We won! Look at me, if you will. I lost my arm in that crisis, and with that, I had to give up martial arts...my one true passion. Did I let that stop me? No." He raised his gauntlet with a grin. "I just found myself a better arm."

He paused, letting them chuckle if they found that funny, and continued. "Humanity did the same. Technology evolved, security improved...and organizations that hindered humanity with petty infighting and hypocritical morals? They were cast aside because we as a species knew we could do better. And we have done better. Talon has done more than Overwatch ever could. And we will do more, so much more. Once the next war begins, humanity will evolve like never before!"

"The world needs us now, more than it ever has. So I ask you all: Are you with us?"

The overwhelming applause spoke volumes. As a standing ovation broke out, he could only smile, feeling himself swelling with pride. Yes. Yes! His people! They were going to rise up, like never before! And he would lead them all.

He was the catalyst.

He was The Successor.

He was Doomfist.

---

WAKE. UP!

His eyes shot open. Good. He was finally awake.

Akande Ogundimu slowly sat up, careful to keep himself from going too fast and wiping out again. So...that had been his last memory, then. A victorious speech, and then...this. Odd. The sight of bars before him certainly killed any high that last reverie had left him. Out of prison for only a short time, only to end up right back in. But this was nothing like the Helix facility he had been in. In fact, it was something new entirely.

Akande got up, looking at his surroundings properly. Some man with a yellow circle on his head was looking around, and someone to his left (a girl, judging by her voice) asked a question. And judging from the garbled chatter further to his right, there were far more of them here.

Walking forward, he gripped the cell bars with his left hand, glancing at his right to see if they had confiscated his gauntlet. He tested the strength of this bar by merely gripping it. Strong, very strong. Trying to break out would do no good. So, he would take another route: gaining as much information as we can.

"I cannot say I'm aware of how we got here, no," he replied, answering the girl beside him. "I also have no idea how we got these bracelets, or where we even are. But I can only assume we have some reason for being locked up. Either a criminal record, or we are too powerful to be let out." Knowing himself, though...probably the former.

@Atomic Knight @Ver @Jeremi @Lucky @ShadowCoyote0 @Minerva

"Or just irregulars that have to be snuffed out."
Dhaos stepped out from the shadows covered in his orange cloak. "It is clear no answers will be found until they are fed to us by our captors. We are nothing more but animals in a cage."

@Atomic Knight @Ver @Lucky @ShadowCoyote0 @Minerva @Yun Lee

Prolouge - Lucy/Kaede - Cell 4
If it were not for the fact that Lucy was out in the open, the lack of sound from Cell 4 may cause someone to think that it was empty.

She wasn't supposed to be here, that was what she thought when she woke up. She had awoken from being a foolish girl that she secretly always wanted to be, to defend Kouta and the residents of Maple house from those wanting to hunt her down. However, after bisecting that diclonius clone, something awoke in Kouta. Lucy had a feeling she knew what had awoken, but she denied the truth. And then she chased after those soldiers, and killed every one of them...

And then what? Her mind blanked.

Things didn't add up. Was she back at the research facility? Surely not. She hated her memories of being at the facility, but she could remember being far more restrained and bound, while here she was even wearing her clothes. The only difference in her looks was some sort of bracelet on her left hand. It would not come out no matter what. Even with her vect...

Strange, her vectors weren't working. Lucy frowned even more at the loss of her main defense. Oh well. She was in a weak state, and they might be back later. The diclonius stared at the man ahead. He seemed like a filthy human, but seemed to act inhumanly. Furthermore, she could see other humans and even a few non-humans. This was a prison that took all kinds. Even..

Lucy knew, at that moment, to escape, to return to save Kouta. She just had to get her vectors back, and she would tear through this place and leave only red in its place. And the others seemed to have the same goal in mind. The man in cell Five tried to do a speech of enlistment. She didn't speak, which was already an indication that she didn't want to be involved with others, others that could break her trust again.

So for now, she just simply listened and stared. Made little comments every so often. She had no intention to place her trust on anyone, espically not humans in prison. Lucy directed one of hers comment at Esdeath.

"Do you think that any of us want to be here or have any idea? I saw others wake up with the same confusion. Or in that man's case, excitement."

She wondered where the others came from, in all her years of being in Japan, she had never seen such strange people. Not even that Pocky-eating scientist.

@Minerva

@Near Cell 4| @ShadowCoyote0 @Sark @Takumi

"The stars?" Pyke tried imagining what Megatron was talking about. Was this thing really from beyond the sky? The dead sailor never thought of such a possibility. His whole life he'd only been looking down, and never up. Now that he thought about it, though, the two were similar. Both had the unknown lurking within; most creatures from the depths have never even been seen by man. "Alien from the stars, huh? Never knew there were sky-folk. Not too different from the deep I guess. The bottom of the ocean ain't no part of this world."

ZwvUIC2.gif

"It appears that when it comes to you and I, there's certainly more that meets the eye," Megatron adds. "Something tells me that none of us are part of this world."

Megatron feels the cage bars.

"While strong enough to withstand my strength, the aesthetic is very inspired by Earth architecture."

He proceeds to pick a fallen leaf in the prison cell up.

"The features of this leaf, an Earth genus.

If our captors had solely captured me, a conclusion would be swift, but to capture a wide array of us like this, what is the goal? At first glance, we are all very different. I have doubt it is someone of very sound mind to come to very sound decisions, that is not to say they are dumb. Too prepared to be of low intellect."

Megatron looks at the newly found brace on his wrist, examining it well.

"Do you have one of these braces on your wrists as well, Pike, human girl? I believe this is a lead."

@Cell10
(8, 9, 10, 11, 12)
(20, 21, 22, 23, 24)

@Kaykay @Ottonomous Ghost @Crimson Spartan @York @dark @etcetcetc

@Atomic Knight @Ver

Last edited:
Hela soon looked at her wrist.

"Why I didn't notice this before I'll never know..." Hela said as Megatron pointed it out. "Yes, in fact, I do. Oh dear... I should probably introduce myself. I am Hela, former Commander of the Legions of Asgard and the Goddess of Death." She announced to Megatron and Pyke.

@Crow @Ottonomous Ghost @Surroundings of Cell 23

As Loki remained there pondering on this situation, listening in on everyone’s various conversations (well, as best as he could, anyways). As he stood there in complete silence, the one known as Thaal Sinestro appeared to speak with some sort of empty-handed promise that he would no doubt fail to deliver on.

The mere notion of his illusions of grandeur gave Loki a good chuckle.

“Now now... I don’t think that it’s very kind to give these mortals false hope. I for one believe it be best that we simply wait and see how this turns out. Perhaps our captors have a reason to keep is locked up like mere gerbils beyond our past transgressions.” Loki replied all too calmly as a smile rested on his face and his hands stayed stuffed down in his pockets. As he did so, he further examined Sinestro. Though he could never admit it, this person could prove to be a valuable ally. He certainly showed the wit and willpower, though he certainly would need to learn his place as far as leadership went.

“Tell me, Thaal,” Loki said as he began to slowly pace around the cell, briefly glancing down toward some the ground before glancing up again. “Which corner of the Nine Realms did you crawl out from? I wouldn’t suppose you’re a remnant of Titan, are you?” Loki asked, appearing to simply wish to make small talk with the Lantern, though in reality all he wished to do was gain more information out of him through very simple questions.

@Sark

As Loki remained there pondering on this situation, listening in on everyone’s various conversations (well, as best as he could, anyways). As he stood there in complete silence, the one known as Thaal Sinestro appeared to speak with some sort of empty-handed promise that he would no doubt fail to deliver on.

The mere notion of his illusions of grandeur gave Loki a good chuckle.

“Now now... I don’t think that it’s very kind to give these mortals false hope. I for one believe it be best that we simply wait and see how this turns out. Perhaps our captors have a reason to keep is locked up like mere gerbils beyond our past transgressions.”
@Sark
"Who said anything about 'Hope'?" Sinestro leaned through the bars of his cell, steel holding his temples in a vice grip and his arms raised by his side "I have no intention on fooling anybody here with talk of 'hope'. People will die. You might die. That metal freak down the hall might die. Anyone here could die in our bid for freedom" Well, not anyone; He did not intend to give his life for any of the other rats unfortunate enough to get caught up in his mess. Perhaps Loki and himself were on the same page; maybe sacrificing a few 'mortals' would lead to a more fruitful outcome... "But Sinestro is no 'gerbil'. I have no intention of dying on my knees in the name of scouting. We can find out all the information we need whilst our jailer's bleed"
Thaal smiled and tensed his brow in thought, his face contorting into a snark. He hushed his tone.

"And judging by the way in which you call our neighbours 'mortals', you are hardly unfamiliar to the notion sacrificing lesser beings yourself. Had your tone not vouched for you, I might have mistaken you for words for cries for help. Cries of fear. Fear of those who have shown themselves capable of capturing you. Should you find yourself mistaken in your assumptions, we will all die on our knees, or worse rot as slaves. I have not intention up taking up such a bet. When the guards arrive, I shall resist them. I 'hope' that you will do the same"
“Tell me, Thaal,” Loki said as he began to slowly pace around the cell, briefly glancing down toward some the ground before glancing up again. “Which corner of the Nine Realms did you crawl out from? I wouldn’t suppose you’re a remnant of Titan, are you?” Loki asked, appearing to simply wish to make small talk with the Lantern, though in reality all he wished to do was gain more information out of him through very simple questions.
@Sark
Sinestro laughed a chilling laugh.

"I doubt we are from the same ring of worlds, Inmate. I don't speak of 'Realms' or 'Corners'. I speak in planets. I was once of a world name Korugar" Thaal's pronunciation was strange and alien, his R's rolling into his U's and his tongue lingering unnervingly long on the letter K. If it wasn't already apparent, Loki and Sinestro were cut from drastically different cloths. "More recently, I herald from a Universe of Anti-Matter. A plane of existence that existed beneath traditional reality. A moon reflected in the lake... I trust you come from one of these... 'Nine Realms'. I assure you that the moniker of 'Titan' means something quite different in our respective birth tongues"

"Who said anything about 'Hope'?" Sinestro leaned through the bars of his cell, steel holding his temples in a vice grip and his arms raised by his side "I have no intention on fooling anybody here with talk of 'hope'. People will die. You might die. That metal freak down the hall might die. Anyone here could die in our bid for freedom" Well, not anyone; He did not intend to give his life for any of the other rats unfortunate enough to get caught up in his mess. Perhaps Loki and himself were on the same page; maybe sacrificing a few 'mortals' would lead to a more fruitful outcome... "But Sinestro is no 'gerbil'. I have no intention of dying on my knees in the name of scouting. We can find out all the information we need whilst our jailer's bleed"
Thaal smiled and tensed his brow in thought, his face contorting into a snark. He hushed his tone.

"And judging by the way in which you call our neighbours 'mortals', you are hardly unfamiliar to the notion sacrificing lesser beings yourself. Had your tone not vouched for you, I might have mistaken you for words for cries for help. Cries of fear. Fear of those who have shown themselves capable of capturing you. Should you find yourself mistaken in your assumptions, we will all die on our knees, or worse rot as slaves. I have not intention up taking up such a bet. When the guards arrive, I shall resist them. I 'hope' that you will do the same"

Sinestro laughed a chilling laugh.

"I doubt we are from the same ring of worlds, Inmate. I don't speak of 'Realms' or 'Corners'. I speak in planets. I was once of a world name Korugar" Thaal's pronunciation was strange and alien, his R's rolling into his U's and his tongue lingering unnervingly long on the letter K. If it wasn't already apparent, Loki and Sinestro were cut from drastically different cloths. "More recently, I herald from a Universe of Anti-Matter. A plane of existence that existed beneath traditional reality. A moon reflected in the lake... I trust you come from one of these... 'Nine Realms'. I assure you that the moniker of 'Titan' means something quite different in our respective birth tongues"
Loki chuckled in response to Sinestro’s first speech. He was quite impressed by his ability to deciphering his more... sadistic tendencies with the mere uttering of a simple phrase, one which his own brother used quite often. Assuming that he had the brawn to back up those brains, Thaal would prove to be a valuable ally indeed. Though, this man also clearly had an ego, which Loki could use to his advantage. The adopted son then approached the front of the cell and leaned forward, pushing his head through the gap in the bars whilst clutching the metal poles with both his gloved hands.

“I do understand your point, dear Thaal, though perhaps it would be best to... play along with their game when the guards come in and whisk us away from our cells. We’ve no map or even a speck of an idea where we are. And, although they are indeed beneath either of us, I’d assume that our neighbors are formidable in battle as well as possibly quite unhinged, so I think that it’s also safe to assume that whoever captured us is more than prepared for a simple gang rush.” Loki explained in a hushed whisper. After all, for all he knew, they were listening to them speak at this very moment.

With that said, Loki pushed back on the bars and resumed his slow, almost rhytmatic pacing around his cell while he listened to Thaal’s spill regarding his apparent home planet, or rather, universe. The Multiverse was an idea that Loki himself had toyed with from time to time, though nothing which ever concerned him personally. Until now, that is, with Sinestro’s words confirming its existence in his eyes. However, they had more important matters to attend to than their respective home worlds.

“Well, regardless of our native planets, I do believe that if we are going to be working alongside each other, we should refrain from referring to each other as the term ‘Inmate’, don’t you agree?” Loki asked as he ceased giant pacing and placed his palm against his chest and preformed a slight bow. “I am Loki Laufeyson of Asgard. Rightful King of the Jotuneim and God of Mischief.”

@Sark

Pyke - Cell 22
@Ottonomous Ghost @Crow @Alex Azure @Space_Candy @Siege @Kaykay @near cell 22

ZwvUIC2.gif

"It appears that when it comes to you and I, there's certainly more that meets the eye," Megatron adds. "Something tells me that none of us are part of this world."

Megatron feels the cage bars.

"While strong enough to withstand my strength, the aesthetic is very inspired by Earth architecture."

He proceeds to pick a fallen leaf in the prison cell up.

"The features of this leaf, an Earth genus.

If our captors had solely captured me, a conclusion would be swift, but to capture a wide array of us like this, what is the goal? At first glance, we are all very different. I have doubt it is someone of very sound mind to come to very sound decisions, that is not to say they are dumb. Too prepared to be of low intellect."

Megatron looks at the newly found brace on his wrist, examining it well.

"Do you have one of these braces on your wrists as well, Pike, human girl? I believe this is a lead."

@Cell10
(8, 9, 10, 11, 12)
(20, 21, 22, 23, 24)

@Kaykay @Ottonomous Ghost @Crimson Spartan @York @dark @etcetcetc

@Atomic Knight @Ver

9hLcnI5.png

"Uwah. What a cruel guy," Sera said with a slightly surprised look, though her overall tone and mood hardly seemed to change. "I'm all for teamwork and uh, 'crews' and stuff, but I meant it's pointless to begin with, you know. If it was a real option I'd bruise up my hands to get out of here, but if it won't work in the first place then I might as well save energy. If that big guy can't break them, how am I supposed to?"

She quite honestly had a somewhat tough time understanding Pyke's adamance about breaking out through sheer force, but perhaps being locked like a bird in a cage did something to people.

"Besides, just cause I'm sitting here smiling doesn't mean I don't wanna get out. I just think using our heads will get us out of here faster than our fists. Makes sense, right? With how sturdy these things are."

Her hand moved to a bar close to her and flicked it, the sound of metal ringing quietly. Testing flesh and bone against metal was a pretty fruitless endeavor as far as Sera was concerned. Though she then raised that hand a little to show it towards Megatron.

"My name is Sera Himeura. I've got one of those things too, but I haven't really been able to figure anything out about it."

@Crow @Ottonomous Ghost @Crimson Spartan @York @dark @Siege @Cell 21​

Larxene-_Emote-33.png

"Straight to the point, huh..." Larxene mumbled mostly to herself as Doomfist gave his response, putting a finger to her chin as though in idle thought, before letting out an amused breath, "Keeping us in because of a record? You can't record a... nobody. And if it's for our power... Well, I don't know about the rest of you, but..." Larxene began to say, a catlike smirk appearing on her lips as she tried to summon a volt of electricity to surge across her hand, but little more was created than a small spark, a visible demonstration of how most of her power had been sapped from her. The nymph's smirk quickly dissolved into a displeased frown as her brow furrowed, saying nothing more until Dhaos spoke up.

"Irregular? Well, that might certainly be right about the rest of you!" She said in a demeaning manner, gesturing toward everyone else, as far as she could see, leaning forward until her head rested against the bars of her cell, the antennae on her hair barely able to poke out from between the gaps as she did so.

"But who are you goons anyway?"

@Yun Lee @Lucky @Jeremi

RK-900

Though he was looking around the room and playing with the bracelet, he did turn to look at Larxene and his LED processed yellow, debating what the best approach was to answer this woman. The last thing he wanted to do was tick her off especially if she had electricity. He didn't want to short-circuit.

"
As I previously mentioned, I am a Connor RK-900, though I mostly go by RK-900 or RK, as the previous model, the RK-800 used the name Connor. My serial number is #313 248 317-87. I am open to other 'human' names." He put air quotes around human as he was not human, but an android and he didn't see it as relative to mention unless someone called him a robot.

@Ver @Yun Lee @Jeremi @Minerva @ShadowCoyote0

Prologue: Candi
And the Crowd Goes Wild

Candi shot through the streets of Gertrude City, laughing as she watched a policeman arrest some black-haired robber who looked like he had a good bag of cash. There was a bank a few blocks away - she was surprised that a supposed amateur was able to get that far. Slowly going from 60 to 10 mph, she watched as the man was about to arrest the poor thief... before he fell down on his head.

Candi blew the tip of her gun.

Startled by the sound of the shot, the person she'd just saved jumped and dropped his bag, and a stack of Franklins held together by a rubber band fell out. Wait, he's got Franklins?! Well, that sure changes things. Candi fired a second shot, and the wannabe criminal fell on his face. Candi laughed as she got out and grabbed the bag. Being her was just too easy.

-----
Candi's eyes lit up at long last, but they closed almost as quickly. That bright light... it was strange. She got up and tried to get closer, but eventually bumped into something - something like metal. Was she... in prison? No way. There's no way that someone could've caught her in the act. There weren't any more officers nearby, were there? She didn't know. Her head ached like hell. She couldn't think straight, so it would've been impossible to remember the fuzzy details... if there were any.

Candi reached for her hammer in her pocket, but when her hand came out, all it carried was air. What? How do you take something out of hammerspace? I'm pretty sure I didn't lose it... She then noticed something - something gripped onto her wrist. She groaned. Great. No weapons, but I get a Rolex as compensation. "WHO THE HELL GOT ME IN THIS PRISON?!" she yelled, hoping someone would hear her.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back