Status
Not open for further replies.

4a8VND2.png

❝ Well, this has been quite eventful, really. ❞ Nishiki says, cracking his knuckles in anticipation for the final fight that they'll have to deal with. With the forbidden action gone, he could finally fight to his full potential. It wasn't like it would attribute to much, he was still by all means a normal individual compared to most others in their band of misfits. Only his bare fists, the neat revolver he picked up not too long ago, and being reunited with a fateful tanto blade.

But...

A familiar searing pain erupted from his neck for a brief moment. His mind drifts to that flashing moment before he was somehow whisked away to this collective mess in the first place. The twisted smile of that damn business partner. The head of the Blood Institute. Her delight at his dismay upon watching her at the last second inject him with a syringe, before he saw no more of that place.

Never mind the forced hint related to an unrelated matter, Nishiki cursed in his head at the brief pain radiating from his neck. Just what the hell did that demented woman inject into him? He wasn't so sure, but as the pain disappeared, there came a small boost in adrenaline. Figurative fuel for what would become a heated battle. ... maybe that could work out to his favor, as much as he doubted that leaving this "fuel" in his body was a good idea to begin with.

❝ Alright, who's going to step forward and try to get the jump on me? We don't have all day. ❞ First course of action: bait some in. There was no way Nishiki was going to initiate the first move, that would be suicide for him. He had to carefully step around this, bank in on a possible blind or weak spot, and take full advantage of the strange injection he got from that Blood Institute woman.

@Everyone

"Never crossed my mind at all," Megatron replies to Tarn's first sentence as the two would, literally and metaphorically, clash blades. During this close-range clash, Megatron would slam one of his feet forwards to knock Tarn back.

@Jeremi

Tarn however caught Megatron's leg and pulled him in close for a swift punch in his face. "You can not win this, Megatron! My cause has brought me this far and no Megatron will stop me!"

@Crow

Tarn however caught Megatron's leg and pulled him in close for a swift punch in his face. "You can not win this, Megatron! My cause has brought me this far and no Megatron will stop me!"

@Crow

"You are not the only one who was driven by the gears of the Decepticon cause," Megatron spoke. When he was close enough for the incoming punch, he swiftly aimed his Fusion Cannon at Tarn's chest and fired. The shockwave between the shot and Tarn's bulk would create distance between the two as it threw them in different directions.

"Is it your cause that pilots you, Tarn, or you who pilots your cause?"

@Jeremi

Pyke
@everyone​
Final Chapter
"Veritate"

While the group fled, the zombie continued to lay on the ground, keeping quiet whilst they left. Once alone, she chuckled, rolling onto her back.

“A ha ha ha...well, then...it looks like they’re stronger than we thought. Either way, though, that doesn’t matter. Once they meet him...they’ll be begging for the eternal.” Closing her eyes, she smiled to herself. She needed to rest for what was ahead.

---

The sewers were eerily quiet as the group made their escape. But then again, the real action was above ground, and that was the ultimate destination. There weren’t any weapons or anything here, either, but those could be picked up at any time, really. With no idea where anything was or what tunnel led to wear, the best course of action was just getting out of there through the first ladder they could find, which was fortunately on the first left. Upon exiting the area, they would find that it was now sunset.

“You know, I spent a good seven years in prison,” Akande said, taking a deep breath of relief. “But getting out of those sewers felt far more rewarding than breaking out of solitary.”

“Really, I’m more used to being the one doing the imprisoning myself. I don’t think I’m quite cut out for this sort of damsel play,” Larxene simply said in response, giving her two cents forward.

“Shackles suits no man,” Dhaos replied in turn.

“Unless they really asked for it,” Ashley added.

Other commentary was abruptly cut off by a beeping sound coming from each bracelet. Looking down, you would find a message had appeared:

The final stage of this game is upon us. Proceed to the following location to retrieve what is yours.

Teams One and Four: The Shrine in the Southwest

When all have arrived, the final stage shall begin.

“Well, well…” Akande grinned. “I suppose we should head over there.”

Over in the forest, Shan Yu looked at his bracelet and grinned. “Well, well...so you two live for just that much longer. I’ll be back for both your heads once this final stage begins.” And with that, he left, as if he’d not been ready to kill them in the first place.

The woman glared up at Will. “You may go, but know vengeance for my Queen and fallen team shall be mine!” And she was gone, as well.

In the clearing, Moira checked both her bracelet and another’s and clicked her tongue. “It appears we are going to the same place,” she said. “That shrine is on the outskirts of the city. Whatever this final stage is...best to be prepared.” She started off, urging the rest to follow her.

---

The shrine, like other parts of the city, was broken down and overgrown with foliage. As everyone arrived, they found crates of all sizes with their names on them, though some of their group may not have needed one.

Upon seeing Moira and the others, Akande smiled. "Oh good, you’re all alive.” Doing a quick head count, he soon narrowed his eyes. “Wait a moment...are we missing someone? That little boy, Kokichi…”

“Hmph, that little pipsqueak, huh? Wonder where he went,” Larxene idly wondered with a furrowed brow, putting her hands on her hips.

“Perhaps he was hunted down by some of the Others?” Moira said. “I hadn’t seen him when we ran into-”

Before she could finish, the bracelets would beep again, showing a new prompt:

Those of you with crates may now open them. The rest of you wait for further instruction.

“You don’t have to tell me twice!” Akande rubbed his hands together, walking to his sizeable crate. “I have a feeling I know what's in here...I’ve been waiting for this moment ever since I woke up in that cell!”

Sure enough, within these crates were all weapons, items, and equipment that anyone had been missing. A joyful reunion, surely, only made better by the next message.

All forbidden actions are now null and void. The final stage has now begun.

Objective: Survive.

Beep!

The bracelets turned black and unlocked themselves, falling to the ground. The second they were off, you would feel a surge inside of you: your powers, if you had any, were now back and at full capacity.

“A ha! Excellent!” Akande grinned at his gauntlet, now back on his right arm. He was Doomfist once more. “Now just to eliminate the other teams…which should be easy, considering their numbers against ours!”

“Don’t be so sure about that, just because your gauntlet has been returned.” Moira began putting on an unusual apparatus, a small smile on her face. “Still...it does feel nice to finally reunite with my biotics.”

“Oh I’ve been waiting for this!” Ashley seemed really happy as she casually punched through a nearby wall. “Now we finally have a chance to kick their asses and win this!”

“Be that as it may,” Dhaos even with his powers returned to him seemed to be uneasy. “What game are we playing? Why is everything being handed to us?”

Ashley cut him off before he continued. “Less talking, we’ll figure that out once everyone against us is dead.”

“Now if we’re ready, come along,” Moira said. “We’d best get a headstart before an ambush from anyone else.”

---

The city was completely quiet as they walked through it, and night began to fall. It was a clear night out, and it seemed whatever electricity had been running in this city before still allowed for illuminated streetlights.

“Our best bet is to ambush the Others,” Doomfist said as they walked. “Though, perhaps whichever Riders were left over, we could tend to?"

“I still got a little score to settle with Medb, but if anyone else is still kicking let’s just leave them to the others to worry about.”

Larxene clicked her tongue, a devilish smirk on her features. “Why bother? At best, they’re more suited for bait now. Maybe we should just let the Others focus on them for the time being, and then give them a good shock when they’re tired.”

“The only ones getting any shocks around here are you.”

From the shadows of an office building before them emerged the Others, all together after the hunt. Shan Yu grinned wickedly, a crooked sword in hand. “You all should’ve just resigned yourself to your fates. But now the boss wants to have a word with you.”

“He can talk all he wants, but we are beyond words now,” Doomfist said. “Our final goal is survival, is it not?”

The zombie laughed. “Ah...this one was just as insolent. And look what became of him.”

Rather inexplicably, a limp body fell from the sky, landing in a heap on the ground. They had not fallen from high enough to create any kind of splatter, but blood pooled around them as if they had recently been gutted. Dark red splotches stained their white clothing and matted their purple hair. Some would recall this body to be none other than Kokichi.

A bright light descended down from above. It came down next to Kokichi’s body and dissipated enough to reveal what could only be described as an otherworldly angel. The angel was male, with long blond hair and bright turquoise eyes. He was tall, slim, wearing a form-fitting white outfit and sporting large, glowing wings.

The angel cocked his head to the side slightly, eyeing those before him. After a moment, he smiled amusedly.

giFXfKX.jpg

“This one thought he was clever,” said the angel, almost casually. “It’s in all of your best interests to fall in line and do what I, Yggdrasil, say. For you, the game is now over.”

One of their number, Envy, stepped forward, a cocky smile on their face. “Oh yeah? And why is that? You’re outnumbered three times over!”

Yggdrasil continued to smile, merely raising his hands in front of him. As his palms began glowing, Doomfist’s eyes widened. “Get down!”

SHOOOOOOM!

From Yggdrasil’s hands came a beam of light so brilliant that it could blind. Most were able to avoid the blast, but Envy, along with Sinestro, Hela, Sally, Lucy, and Nathan, were all incinerated, leaving not even ash as remains.

“Did that answer your question?”

Doomfist stared in awe. “...I’m starting to see why he’s the boss.”

“There you all are!” From behind them, Medb and her remaining associates came forward. Medb took her place at the forefront. “I told you all that I would be dealing with you. Prepare to face your destruction-all of you!”

Ashley looked up at Yggdrasil and then behind at the Riders. “We’re really doing this aren’t we?”

“We have no other options,” Moira replied. “Let’s finish this, once and for all!”

Pyke was overwhelmed with joy upon taking back his beautifully tempered sharkbone blade. He traced his hand over it, making sure that it was still sharp.

He would then mindlessly follow his crew until the standoff was reached. Now armed with his hooks and powers, the dead man truly was at his wits end. His connection with the Deep was now stronger than ever. His eyes went back and forth between his enemies, and even some of his allies, gauging their likeness to that of a commanding, unreasonable captain. He wielded his blade backwards like a dagger, unsure of which target to rip apart first.

He knew who his target was as soon as the condescending angel began speaking. Yggdrasil literally radiated superiority, and that made Pyke's blood boil.

His thirst for murder was slightly sated upon the destruction of the people he wanted dead since the beginning.

As he examined the dead bodies, he began laughing maniacally. "Ha! Hahahahahaha! Serves you three right!" he exclaimed, referring to Sinestro, Hela, and Kokichi.

His eyes locked back onto Yggdrasil after he finished laughing, his weapon pointed at the angel. "Thanks for making things easier for me, but I know you were there too. On that damned ship. Don't act like you don't remember," he spoke with conviction. "You cut my line...!" he yelled, his frustration erupting into mad fury as small water-like energies coiled around his dagger, giving it power.

ajZbIfp.png

It glowed sea-green until it finally transformed into a harpoon. Pyke would then throw it with all of his strength toward Yggdrasil, attempting to impale him. Subsequently, the Bloodharbor Ripper would yank the harpoon's wire back, potentially pulling the angel toward him.​

Last edited:
Drei-Character-Artwork-2.png

"I wouldn't even need to get the jump on you. I prefer it when my prey can see me coming, and I in turn can see the fear in their eyes," the voice of Drei, the hulking man who had taken part earlier in hunting down those who were deemed unfit to be soldiers for Yggdrasil's cause, boomed as he suddenly appeared to Nishiki's side, making sure he had the man's attention.

"How barbaric. You really are no better than an animal," Thor said, appearing from behind Drei, crossing his arms, "Don't worry about me though. I not here to interfere. Just to watch," he said with a wink, whatever that meant, though Drei seemed to entirely decide to ignore him.

"You look like you know a thing or two about a good fight; it'd be a shame to kill you too quickly, so I'll throw you a bone and only use one arm," he said, his attention still poised on Nishiki. True to his word, he folded his left arm behind his back and stuck out his right, and with that, he wasted no time in dashing forward, swinging his right arm around to throw a powerful hook toward Nishiki's way!

@Gummi Bunnies @Anybody

"You are not the only one who was driven by the gears of the Decepticon cause," Megatron spoke. When he was close enough for the incoming punch, he swiftly aimed his Fusion Cannon at Tarn's chest and fired. The shockwave between the shot and Tarn's bulk would create distance between the two as it threw them in different directions.

"Is it your cause that pilots you, Tarn, or you who pilots your cause?"

@Jeremi

"We are one and the same,"
Came Tarn's curt response as got back up from the blast his chest smoking and scorched by the attack. "The cause came from me and I follow the cause. Hunting traitors and Autobots is my mission, my passion. Can you say the same, Megatron? What drives forward? What makes you throw away your mission? In two universes, even."

@Crow

Meanwhile Azrael had been stalking both teams but it seemed his blood lust had gotten the best of him. "Hngh, I've waited long enough! I'll take you all on!" As he charged he'd be intercepted by Dhaos.

"Last time we fought my powers were gone. Now we shall see who is the more powerful individual."

Azrael grinned widely. "Bring it on!"

"Yoohoo! Spiderbitch..." Medb smirked at her rival, smacking her riding crop on her hand. It glowed with a powerful aura now. "Don't think I haven't forgotten our unfinished business."

"That makes two of us." Christopher eyed Larxene, rope at the ready. "Don't think you've got a spare bike lying around?"

Meanwhile, Pyke would find his attack intercepted, as glistening steel caught the harpoon in the rope and brought it clattering to the ground. Shan Yu grinned at the old pirate, pointing at him with his sword. "If you want to defeat the boss, you'll need to prove your worth. If you can defeat me, he's all yours."

@Jeremi @Ver @Ottonomous Ghost

Will Nines

As soon as he got the chance, Will smiled. It felt good to be back to normal and not to be useless to the group. He looked around at everyone fighting others and pulled the bullets he had taken out of the gun he had handed Nathan earlier. Before the unstable man had died. He would go and grab his own gun from the crate and on instinct, he shot at the man who had tried to kill him. Survive. " Less talking, more fighting." He purposefully echoed the man's words.

@Ver @Gummi Bunnies

There was no need to say anything more. The fight has begun, and the only talking that would be taking place is whoever begins to voice out their pains. Nishiki had a good enough idea that this wouldn't be easy, seeing how easily Drei took them on earlier. Maybe it was for the best that they only began to fight now, his head was being overloaded by the uncontrollable adrenaline surging all about.

Avoid. Avoid. Avoid. Avoid it!

His mind practically screamed at him to do something, which he did. It didn't take rocket science to know that defending against that incoming hook was a bad idea, along with trying to take it fully.

Attack. Attack. Attack. Attack him!

What was basically a second after getting himself to back up, Nishiki felt bombarded by the overwhelming notion to strike back. He didn't know how, but he knew that he had to. It wouldn't be a fight if he only avoided and never took the offensive. Almost letting these senses take the wheel for him, he strafes to his right just as fast as he had backed away, returning the favor with a swift left punch. Swift and also full of force that Nishiki didn't exactly know he had. Or maybe it was beyond his own limits. His left arm's nerves screamed at him, as if signifying that he shouldn't. His mind screamed otherwise, that he had no other option but to go with this.

Only one way to find out.

@Ver @Lucky
@Others

Nishiki's punch solidly connected, nailing the taller man square in the jaw. It was like hitting a brick wall, the man's face was so hard, but it was a solid hit nonetheless, enough to even send him staggering back a little. Still, Drei recovered quickly from the sucker punch and prepared to retaliate with a counter attack before Will broke through his concentration with his gun.

Thud! Thud!

Each bullet hit Drei like a truck, and though they clearly caused him some degree of pain as he staggered back even more with every shot, none of them were even able to penetrate his skin and instead simply fell to the ground after impact, bizarrely enough, as though his natural durability was beyond human. However, perhaps the most bizarre thing was that... though it was subtle, one bullet would noticeably faze through his side and hit the wall behind Drei, though he drew no attention to this.

Gritting his teeth, the man clicked his tongue as he was forced away from both Will and Nishiki, but decided to even the odds in his own way.

"Hoooh, looks like the puppet can finally become a real boy! Just in time to meet a real death!" He chuckled, his arm glowing a bright red aura as though charging some sort of magical energy, "Heaaaarghh!"

With a swing of his arm, red energy shot out from his body in the form of a long horizontal beam, headed straight for Nishiki and Will!

@Lucky @Gummi Bunnies @Anybody

Pleased-Tedious-Blackbuck-max-1mb.gif

"Pfft, ahahahaha! Bad enough a rope is all you use for fighting, but now that I'm back to full form, you don't have a snowball's chance in the Underworld!" Larxene cackled as Christopher appeared from the woodwork, challenging her. Clutching her Foudre knives tightly, four between each of her fingers on both hands, she grinned haughtily, excited that she was finally able to let loose and show everyone who stood against her what's what.

"Be sure not to go under too quickly! Make me really believe you're in pain!"

Mega Volt!

With that, the sadistic black-robed woman suddenly looked to the ground and stabbed into it with the knives on her left hand, easily penetrating the floor. From there, tall beams of electricity suddenly materialized from the Foudre and began to rush right at the man who could climb anything!

@Yun Lee

Pyke

Pyke was overwhelmed with joy upon taking back his beautifully tempered sharkbone blade. He traced his hand over it, making sure that it was still sharp.

He would then mindlessly follow his crew until the standoff was reached. Now armed with his hooks and powers, the dead man truly was at his wits end. His connection with the Deep was now stronger than ever. His eyes went back and forth between his enemies, and even some of his allies, gauging their likeness to that of a commanding, unreasonable captain. He wielded his blade backwards like a dagger, unsure of which target to rip apart first.

He knew who his target was as soon as the condescending angel began speaking. Yggdrasil literally radiated superiority, and that made Pyke's blood boil.

His thirst for murder was slightly sated upon the destruction of the people he wanted dead since the beginning.

As he examined the dead bodies, he began laughing maniacally. "Ha! Hahahahahaha! Serves you three right!" he exclaimed, referring to Sinestro, Hela, and Kokichi.

His eyes locked back onto Yggdrasil after he finished laughing, his weapon pointed at the angel. "Thanks for making things easier for me, but I know you were there too. On that damned ship. Don't act like you don't remember," he spoke with conviction. "You cut my line...!" he yelled, his frustration erupting into mad fury as small water-like energies coiled around his dagger, giving it power.

It glowed sea-green until it finally transformed into a harpoon. Pyke would then throw it with all of his strength toward Yggdrasil, attempting to impale him. Subsequently, the Bloodharbor Ripper would yank the harpoon's wire back, potentially pulling the angel toward him.​
"Foolish," the angel muttered. His whole body blowed brightly for a moment before an explosion of energy emanated from him. The harpoon was caught in the blast and thrown backward. "I don't know who you are. All I know... is that you're in the way." He raised his hand toward Pyke, but a voice caused him to pause.

"Hey, divine asshole!"

Yggdrasil turned his head to find Cole pointing at him. The man smirked back at him. "With all my powers back, I can level this whole fuckin' island. You're nothing."

"Oh... you misguided creature." Yggdrasil shook his head. "You're nothing but a lie. I wonder if you even know? No matter..." In a flash, the angel disappeared from where he was standing and appeared behind Cole. Before Cole could react, Yggdrasil had impaled the man with his arm through his back. Cole fell down to his knees as Yggdrasil pulled his arm back

Cole then went *poof* and changed appearances, suddenly looking like...

qCp85v5.jpg

"N-No... Wait... H-How did you know?!"

Yggdrasil smiled. "I know a great many things here. You? You know nothing here."

"Yoohoo! Spiderbitch..." Medb smirked at her rival, smacking her riding crop on her hand. It glowed with a powerful aura now. "Don't think I haven't forgotten our unfinished business."

"That makes two of us." Christopher eyed Larxene, rope at the ready. "Don't think you've got a spare bike lying around?"

Meanwhile, Pyke would find his attack intercepted, as glistening steel caught the harpoon in the rope and brought it clattering to the ground. Shan Yu grinned at the old pirate, pointing at him with his sword. "If you want to defeat the boss, you'll need to prove your worth. If you can defeat me, he's all yours."

@Jeremi @Ver @Ottonomous Ghost

Ashley smirked and cracked her knuckles as she turned to face Medb. "Bitch I got my powers back. I'm going to punch you so hard that your head falls off." With that and her spider agility she leaped towards the queen to deliver a swift punch to her face.

@Yun Lee

Pyke
@Yun Lee @everyone​
"Foolish," the angel muttered. His whole body blowed brightly for a moment before an explosion of energy emanated from him. The harpoon was caught in the blast and thrown backward. "I don't know who you are. All I know... is that you're in the way." He raised his hand toward Pyke, but a voice caused him to pause.

"Hey, divine asshole!"

Yggdrasil turned his head to find Cole pointing at him. The man smirked back at him. "With all my powers back, I can level this whole fuckin' island. You're nothing."

"Oh... you misguided creature." Yggdrasil shook his head. "You're nothing but a lie. I wonder if you even know? No matter..." In a flash, the angel disappeared from where he was standing and appeared behind Cole. Before Cole could react, Yggdrasil had impaled the man with his arm through his back. Cole fell down to his knees as Yggdrasil pulled his arm back

Cole then went *poof* and changed appearances, suddenly looking like...

qCp85v5.jpg

"N-No... Wait... H-How did you know?!"

Yggdrasil smiled. "I know a great many things here. You? You know nothing here."

Pyke's eyes snapped toward the captain's first mate. All other things around him no longer mattered; the only thing on his mind was the enemy in front of him. The familiar feeling of being betrayed gnawed at his psyche even stronger now. "You're just like him. You saw me drowning. But you did nothing..." He yanked the harpoon back, the blade re-attaching to the handle and becoming a dagger once more. "You've got a lot of flesh to sever... Let's see you smile with your stomach split open!"

EbyMV11.jpg

He sprinted at Shan Yu only to dissolve into an almost transparent silhouette.

kBlFpUe.png

As he did so, a water phantom was left behind. It continued sprinting in Pyke's place as Pyke swiftly swam through the air around the conqueror and re-materialized behind him. Brandishing his dagger, he went for a backstab as the phantom would crash into Shan Yu from the front and leave him helpless to the stab.​

Last edited:
Will Nines

Will would take note of the bullet phasing through the enemy and wondered what that could mean, filing it away as important information for later. He would notice the beam and quickly move out of his range. " Be careful and get out of the way," he said to the person he was fighting with. He paused and looked over at the strange thing happening with the angel and … a ghost? How strange. "A lie?" He asked, deciding to analyze everyone with his data analysis to see if there were any abnormalities that hide their true form. He included himself in this search. As he did this, he would climb up a tree and break off a branch and hurl it towards Drei's side.

@Atomyk @Ver @Jeremi @Yun Lee @Gummi Bunnies

As Larxene started her attack, Christopher would use a grappling hook to send a rope up to a nearby building, flying right into the air to avoid the electric shock. With his free hand, he pulled a shotgun and attempted to shoot Larxene before she could hit him again.

@Ver

---

"Ugh!" Medb allowed herself to take the hit, her head knocking a good few inches down. Facing the ground, her face was partially covered by her hair, but Ashley would be able to see a sinister grin. "...fufu...oh, my dear, foolish Ashley...you've just sealed your fate! Ptooey!"

Medb spat onto the ground, saliva intermixed with a bit of blood. Said blood immediately began pooling into a large puddle, frothing as from it sprung to life a figure in Celtic battle armor.

"..." The figure swung at Ashley with its lance, while from the pool another soldier seemed to be on its way.

Medb wiped her mouth with the back of her hand, a look of smug victory on her face. "Prepare to be squashed under my heel like the filthy insect you are!"

@Jeremi

---

"Grgh!" Shan Yu grunted as Pyke stabbed him, though his fur pelts aided in reducing the severity of the attack. Gaining his bearings, the Hun swung his arm back to elbow the old pirate in the face and get him off. "You fight well, but you speak nonsense. You're too far gone to be of any use to me."

@Ottonomous Ghost

---

Elsewhere on the battlefield...

"A ha ha ha haa...your perseverance will go unrewarded in the eternal. I hope you know that!"

The zombie, now floating above the city in a bubble of her own, sent a wave of bubbles down towards the duo that challenged her. One vanished into thin air, while the other was able to sprint out of the way himself and avoid them.

"Damn her!" Moira reappeared behind a building, glancing out at the field. "The second we wind up in that bubble trap of hers, there's no telling what will happen!"

"Well, death, I'm sure," Doomfist replied, watching the girl, who fortunately seemed to have lost track of them for a moment. "But I think I spotted a way to stop her. Back in that dreamworld of hers, it appeared that the stitching around her collarbone was the weakest spot on her. If we were to unravel it..."

"...she would be ripped apart." Moira nodded. "And how would we go about doing that?"

Doomfist smiled. "I think you already know."

"You can run all you like, but you'll never be out of my sight!" The zombie girl floated right before them, grinning down as she readied another attack.

"Now!"

Doomfist took off running, and Moira raised her hand.

"Surrender to my will!"

A powerful blast of purple and yellow energy shot dead center into the bubble, slowly absorbing it. Meanwhile, Doomfist leapt up into the air, practically vanishing from view. The bubble continued to decrease and decrease until there was nothing left, and then...

"Meteor Strike!!"

BOOM!

Doomfist came crashing down from the sky from above the zombie, bringing her down to the street with him, a crater formed from the impact. She landed on her back, temporarily incapacitated, and he landed in a crouch. It didn't take long for him to find what he needed on her belt: the dagger she had used to stab him earlier. "How ironic..." Doomfist took the blade, smiling at the girl. "Time to go back to whatever Hell you came from."

SSSHNK. He stabbed the knife into her collarbone stitching. She only hissed in response, closing her eyes.

"Really? That's it? No cry of pain or vengeance? I have to admit, I'm a little disappointed. After all you put me through, I figured you'd have the tiniest bit more fire." He began slicing through the wound, working to finish her off.

"...ha..." A smile formed on her face. "Not the first time I've been sent back home. Won't be the last, either...you'd be surprised how often a Dark Purveyor gets summoned..."

"I see." He was almost done. "Could I at least know your name? You fought well enough that you deserve to have it remembered."

As he cut the last stitch, she had time to whisper one last word. "...Mariska..."

And with that, she was gone, not even leaving behind a corpse as her body vanished into dark energy. Moira joined her associate. "That was surprisingly civil."

Doomfist stood. "Not really a surprise, no. She knew she had been defeated. Hippie types don't seem to enjoy fighting much, after all. In fact, she had been rather passive in her dreamworld until we ambushed her. I don't think she recovered enough from it for a proper attack tonight. Not that I mind, of course. The less of these Others, the better."

"Hm." Moira tested her hand, clenching and unclenching her fingers.

"You all right?"

"Yes. Fortunately I had enough time before being dragged here to modify my biotics with resistance to those substances Reyes brought into the labs. Considering our involvement in these Multiversal affairs, I was certain it'd prove beneficial."

"And beneficial it is." Doomfist took a deep breath. "Now come on. There's an angel we need to defeat."

And with that all said and done, they were off.​

Avoid. Avoid. Avoid it!

Like an abrupt gut reaction, Nishiki threw himself out of the way from the incoming beam. By doing that, he made a rough landing, rolling on the ground.

Get up. Get up. Get up now!

The voices beckoned in his head, so he did his best to answer their call, picking himself up from the ground. He couldn't tell if he did it himself or if it was the strange influence lingering in his system. He had to do something. A single punch managed to phase the man so far, but it wasn't enough. But what else did he have as options? Did anyone else that was fighting of interest right now? No, unless someone on the opposing side wanted to barge in, they were more than welcome to... But how? How?

You will die. You will die. Do you want to die a pathetic death?

❝ ... no. ❞ That wasn't what he wanted. Until he finished what he started, he didn't plan on dying. He definitely banked on finishing this fight and going back to Kamurocho to continue going forward from there. Until he was at the top of the food chain there. So that meant he couldn't let himself die here.

You will die. You will die. Unless you give in.

It was somewhat true. If this strange injection was not given to him in the first place, or if it didn't awaken in time, he should've been dead. So if he wanted a good enough chance to fight back...

That's right. That's right. Give in or you will die.

Nishiki silently let this influence take over for him, guide his actions, and seeing if this would do anything. Unconsciously taking out the familiar tanto blade from his pockets, he would find himself unsheathing the blade and then... stabbing his own stomach with it. Pain erupted as expected from such a sudden self-inflicted wound, but with it, it acted as fuel. Fuel for the unnatural surge of adrenaline that this influence had for him.

That's right. That's right. Give in to your pride or you will die.

Without another word said or shared to Will, the yakuza patriarch merely yanked the bloodied blade from himself and wildly closed the distance between himself and Drei in a circular path. A faint dark blue aura sprouted from his arm that wielder his blade, just when Nishiki took a wide swing at his opponent with the weapon.

@Ver @Lucky
@others

As Will searched around for any supposed "lies," analyzing everything and everyone around him, nothing seemed particularly out of place at first. However, as just a few seconds passed, he would indeed find something peculiar. Like brief flashes, certain parts of other people's bodies would suddenly have "nothing" to scan.

To the naked eye, it looked as though nothing was out of the ordinary, but for a flash every few seconds, Will's analysis would be unable to detect certain parts of people; his own arm wouldn't register, Nishiki's leg wouldn't register, Larxene's head wouldn't register, Drei's entire body wouldn't register, and so on. Even small spaces in the air itself seemed to disappear and re-appear in an instant, but nothing notable would happen if Will were to try to interact with such spaces in the air, even when they didn't register. Whatever the "lie" was, it was unfolding quickly.

As Will tried hurling a branch at Drei, out of nowhere, the branch was sliced apart at blinding speeds by a new presence; Acht, the blonde woman who hunted the group for a brief bit alongside Drei, appeared to the hulking man's side, her hands encased in ice, complete with razor sharp fingers.

View attachment 3599

"Really, Drei, you need to be more mindful of your surroundings. Was the handicap really necessary?" She chuckled, to which Drei merely scoffed.

"It is none of your concern," he only said, letting Acht proceed with her own devices.

If Will were to try and scan Acht, she would be the most bizarre case of all; even though she was there, clear as day, Will's systems would be unable to register her, as though there was nothing to scan at all. However, before he could spend much time dwelling on this, Acht let out a sadistic cackle.

"Why don't you come down and have a nice chat with me, Pinnochio? I don't bite!" She exclaimed, thrusting her arms forward and shooting out shards of ice right at him!

Meanwhile, as Nishiki swung at Drei, he was able to successfully lodge the blade into his burly body; it was like trying to cut through a bear or a lion. The tall man let out an audible, pained grunt, gritting his teeth tightly as he glared at Nishiki with anger in the heat of battle.

"Is that... all you have for me?!" He roared, before raising his arm high up and subsequently proceeding to bring it down, attempting to land a devastating overhead punch toward Nishiki in the face!

@Gummi Bunnies @Lucky

Larxene-Emote-50.png

"Oh, not so fast! You're not going anywhere!" Larxene cackled madly as Christopher tried to keep his distance away from her, still gripping her numerous blades tightly between her fingers.

Teleport Rush!

With reflexes as fast as the lightning she conjured, as her enemy fired his shotgun at her, the black-robed woman suddenly disappeared from sight, as though she had dematerialized. It was only when Christopher reached the building fully that she reappeared again, as though having teleported right to his location.

"Hello, goodbye!" She yelled, slashing at him twice, once with the blades in both of her hands!

@Yun Lee

"We are one and the same," Came Tarn's curt response as got back up from the blast his chest smoking and scorched by the attack. "The cause came from me and I follow the cause. Hunting traitors and Autobots is my mission, my passion. Can you say the same, Megatron? What drives forward? What makes you throw away your mission? In two universes, even."

@Crow

"No, I cannot say the same. Not anymore at least."

Megatron gets up, swiftly transforming into his Cybertronian Jet Mode and ramming into a recovering Tarn at high speeds.

"I started the Decepticon cause to unite. The destruction and leaked energon caused under my reign was a neccessary side effect, or so I thought. To slay one, two or a dozen, finding it insignificant to the millions that will benefit...

... but what I failed to realise was that dozens became hundreds, hundreds became thousands..."

The Fusion Cannon fires repeatedly, the weaker shots, when repeated, would accumulate into heavy damage.

"Soon, I felt nonchalance and obligation from what I had previously considered a 'neccessary side effect'. The faction that had once promised equality among Cybertronians promised a trip to the AllSpark. I had transformed myself and the lands that I have reigned. The taint I have brought upon myself was comparable to that of the Dark Energon that poisoned Cybertron.

Peace through tyranny, so I said, but there was only tyranny, and no peace to be granted, except for the peace one would gain by joining the AllSpark.

It was only after being freed from the oppressive thrall of Unicron - a being whose blood I once craved to be one with - a being that I desired to be compared to - a being that I, once arrogant, saw myself in - that I realised what I was doing - the kind of Cybertron that I was envisioning. Realising that my ways would lead to an unideal Cybertron, as it had once before, I had a change of spark that would lead me to be Decepticon no more."

Megatron rammed upwards into the air at great speeds.

"Us Cybertronians possess the ability to transform, not only through our limbs and kibble, but the sway of our sparks as well. Is the ability to alter our views on subjects, our actions and our way of life a strength, or is it a flaw in our program that needs to be eliminated?"

@Jeremi

"What the-!" Christopher blocked the first slash and received a nice gash on his arm for his troubles. For the second, however, he ducked, and went for a low tackle in order to take Larxene down to the ground with him.

@Ver

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back