Status
Not open for further replies.
"If he does not interest you, then you shouldn't care whether I talk with him or not," Akande replied to Dhaos. Such negativity...this was going to be a long prison sentence. "Clearly he is new to this world, he doesn't know how to make decisions for himself yet."

He turned his attention back to RK. "Why yes. Will is a name, and one popular in America, if I'm not mistaken. It's short for William usually, but I know quite a few people prefer Will. And free will is the ability to make your own choices, with no one making them for you. For example, choosing for yourself which button to press. I might have told you that I pressed B, but it is ultimately up to you what you pick." What fascinating machinery! He would absolutely be tracking down this Cyberlife company.

@Atomic Knight @Ver @Jeremi @Lucky @Minerva @ShadowCoyote0

Pyke - Cell 22
@Atomic Knight

@Kaykay @Ottonomous Ghost @Crimson Spartan @York @Siege @dark @Crow @will30358 @Gummi Bunnies @nearby

After one last lunge at the bars, the Ripper stopped. Exhausted, he walked to the right and sat down, leaning his back against the wall. Despite this, he was still seething with rage, though he didn't have the energy at the moment to expel it. He planned to take a long rest and then try again later, when suddenly the bracelet started making noises and lit up. He looked at the strange device, somewhat surprised.
"Very good," the bracelets emitted in a calm, cool female voice. "You're awake, so now we can truly begin." Whoever was on the other end waited a moment, just long enough for others to possibly respond to her through the bracelet, but she spoke again and interrupted whoever tried. "I can certainly hear you, but what you have to say matters little to me if it is not relevant to what I have to tell you. To answer your obvious questions: I am the Overseer and yes, you are imprisoned against your will. But you are not good people, are you? All of you are true scum and I hope I can make something out of you."

The electronic displays changed to display both an A and a B.

"Once I am finished talking, your first task will begin. To leave these cells, you must make a choice. All of you will be voting on two options, A or B. You do not know what each option is or what they mean for all of you. This is a decision based off instinct alone, do you understand? Within the next minute, press either A or B to make your vote. Those who abstain will leave their fate in the hands of others."

The woman then finished speaking and proceeded to remain quiet while the vote proceeded.

Pyke responded in a fit of anger, "Yeah you better cower behind that desk of yours! Once I find you--" He was suddenly interrupted. This only made him more angry, especially the part about him not being a good person, and that he was scum. The person speaking to him was apparently the 'Overseer', which meant 'Captain' to Pyke, pissing him off all the more. "Me? Scum? The only scum here is you, Captain. I've killed a lot of nasty people, people like you. Nasty people meet nasty ends. The world don't do fair and equal, but I do." Feeling energized by hate, Pyke stood up, no longer tired. "I ain't playin' your fancy little game. No captain tells me what to do."

Pyke abstains.

Last edited:
RK-900

RK ignored Dhaos. He didn't find him to be interesting and he wasn't his handler so he didn't have to listen to him. " I think I like the name Will then," he said, pausing when he was right. Free will was almost like deviancy, but if the objective helped him to escape, maybe he should make a choice. He did prefer B to A for some reason. A seemed like an odd choice and he was a beta model. " I think I know my choice then," he said, pressing B on the watch to help whatever cause they had. He didn't care what B did honestly, but it felt right then.

@Yun Lee @Ver @Jeremi @Atomic Knight

"If he does not interest you, then you shouldn't care whether I talk with him or not," Akande replied to Dhaos. Such negativity...this was going to be a long prison sentence. "Clearly he is new to this world, he doesn't know how to make decisions for himself yet."

He turned his attention back to RK. "Why yes. Will is a name, and one popular in America, if I'm not mistaken. It's short for William usually, but I know quite a few people prefer Will. And free will is the ability to make your own choices, with no one making them for you. For example, choosing for yourself which button to press. I might have told you that I pressed B, but it is ultimately up to you what you pick." What fascinating machinery! He would absolutely be tracking down this Cyberlife company.

"Then he must learn or perish."
Came Dhaos' blunt response. "But as a human, I understand your need for someone subservient that you can control, so by all means..." Dhaos bowed slight and motioned towards RK. "Feel free to educate your pet."

RK-900

Androids cannot perish as we are not alive, our memories simply just transfer to a cloud and go into new models,"
he said, looking over at Dhaos with a shrug. He knew this as he had memories from the previous RK800 models before him. "I am not a pet."

@Jeremi @Yun Lee @Ver @Minerva @ShadowCoyote0

"Leave him to his own downfall, Will," Akande said. "He will learn this behavior of his won't win him any allies soon enough." Though how one like Dhaos would respond to whatever lay before them...Akande had to admit, he was interested to see whether he would fall or rise. "Either way, congratulations on making choices for yourself. That free will of yours shines through already."

Will, the RK-900

Will smiled at Akande. He did know what the words allies meant and he wondered if he was going to be his ally. He tilted his head and wondered what the decision would do or if it matter in the long run. He took a deep breath and offered a smile. " Yes, it does," he replied, not going to correct Akande that it also filled one of his objectives since he seemed to be proud of him. " You know, I just remembered something I have heard in reference to me. Nines. Sometimes people would call me Nines. Will Nines sounds nice."

@Atomic Knight @Ver @ShadowCoyote0 @Yun Lee @Jeremi @Minerva

"Leave him to his own downfall, Will," Akande said. "He will learn this behavior of his won't win him any allies soon enough." Though how one like Dhaos would respond to whatever lay before them...Akande had to admit, he was interested to see whether he would fall or rise. "Either way, congratulations on making choices for yourself. That free will of yours shines through already."

"The implication that I seek the alliance of a human..."
Dhaos chuckled to himself. "Do you wish me to provide you with the knife that you will use to stab me in the back or do you have your own?"

@Atomic Knight @Ver @Jeremi @Lucky @Minerva @ShadowCoyote0 @Yun Lee

Wesker chuckled when the man to his right mentioned Chris. "Let's just say we go way back." That's when he heard the voice calling them scum followed by the choice. He would not abstain from his vote. If he were to continue his pursuit to become something of a god, he would have to take action. He listened around to what the others voted for. A seemed a popular choice, but the man to his right went for B. The man seemed smart enough, so Wesker also went for B. He then turned his attention to the robot. It was unlike anything he had ever seen, the closest thing being the Red Queen AI. Naturally, he was reluctant to trust it. "Will Nines was it? My name is Albert Wesker. Allow me to be honest with you. One of the biggest thorns in side was an AI. Tell me, what are your thoughts on organic life?"

@Lucky @Yun Lee @MelodyMeister @cell 4

"A," said the Overseer. "Very well." The bars of every cell then began to recede into the floor, allowing everyone out into the hallway while the Overseer continued to speak. "Are you not happy? Do you not like being called scum? Understandable, though I had simply imagined that some of you would take a certain pride in the word. Keep in mind that I am not here to rehabilitate you. Take that as you will."

Lights at both ends of the hall turned on, revealing two metal doors on each side. Both rumbled as if to open, but only one opened its doors, revealing a staircase. "Some of you think this is a game? Interesting. You shall find out if that is the case."

@Yun Lee @Gummi Bunnies @ShadowCoyote0 @Crimson Spartan @York @dark @Takumi @Alex Azure @Jeremi @Xelian @Minerva @Sark @Siege @CrunchyCHEEZIT @MelodyMeister @Ver @Crow @Space_Candy @Ottonomous Ghost @Lucky @RebornRainbow @Kaykay @will30358

Larxene-_Emote-45.png

"Oh, what does what I pick matter? Though... If it means so much to you, I picked A. Not that it matters anymore I imagine if you already made your choice. Good job. Making up your own mind must have been scary, huh?" Larxene said to RK, watching the exchanges between him, Dhaos, and Akande take place. Looks like the biggest of the three took her facetious suggestion to heart; it was a bit boring, but also amusing. A contradiction if there ever was one.

The nymph let out an amused chuckle toward Dhaos's further words, the black-robed woman crossing her arms as she pitched in again. "It's as that Overseer said. You're all scum, aren't you? Villains always know better than everyone else that the only person you can rely on in the end is yourself. And if you can't even do that much... then what are you even doing alive?" She said, eyeing RK briefly again as she said that, before just as abruptly averting her gaze.

As the bars that contained everyone disappeared and a massive door (of two) opened, Larxene pursed her lips, clicking her tongue softly. "Life's just a bad game, isn't it? You just have to make your own fun, and your own rules," she said, looking toward her former "cellmates."

"After you all, then."

@Lucky @Jeremi @Yun Lee @Atomic Knight @Everybody

"A," said the Overseer. "Very well." The bars of every cell then began to recede into the floor, allowing everyone out into the hallway while the Overseer continued to speak. "Are you not happy? Do you not like being called scum? Understandable, though I had simply imagined that some of you would take a certain pride in the word. Keep in mind that I am not here to rehabilitate you. Take that as you will."

Lights at both ends of the hall turned on, revealing two metal doors on each side. Both rumbled as if to open, but only one opened its doors, revealing a staircase. "Some of you think this is a game? Interesting. You shall find out if that is the case."

@Yun Lee @Gummi Bunnies @ShadowCoyote0 @Crimson Spartan @York @dark @Takumi @Alex Azure @Jeremi @Xelian @Minerva @Sark @Siege @CrunchyCHEEZIT @MelodyMeister @Ver @Crow @Space_Candy @Ottonomous Ghost @Lucky @RebornRainbow @Kaykay @will30358

Not missing a beat Dhaos strode past everyone, giving Larxene a dirty look as she spoke to him. Not waiting for anyone else Dhaos made his way towards the staircase and with confidant steps made his way towards the staircase.

@Ver @Lucky @Jeremi @Yun Lee @Atomic Knight @Everybody

Last edited:
"...Nines?" Akande couldn't help it; he threw his head back and laughed. "A ha ha! I love it! A pleasure to meet you, Will Nines."

As the doors opened and the Overseer spoke again, Akande merely listened in. So, no rehabilitation, no games...just a very unusual situation. "Let me assure you, Dhaos. I have no interest in stabbing anyone in the back. If I were ever to turn on you, I'd do it your face." And he was gone. What a character! Stepping out, he looked to the four who'd been nearest him, then started for the stairway. "Let's not keep our captor waiting, shall we?"

Will Nines, the RK900

Will turned his attention to Albert Wesker. " Yes, Will Nines. It's nice to meet you, Albert Wesker. I respect all organic life," he replied. " I also have a particular affilitation towards my previous models of liking dogs," he replied, looking over as the cell doors would open up and one of the doors would open up. A door or B door. That's what they were picking. He stepped out of his cell, his LED going yellow again, processing what had just happened.

He saw the door was at the end of the hallway and he paused. The word Villain seemed like such a strange word, but he shrugged it off. Maybe the previous models had been villains in their own rights, killing and hurting whoever came in the way of destroying the deviants. He paused, not correcting Larxene as he had a feeling that it would take some time.

Will didn't mind being laughed at as Nines was an interesting last name. He noticed that it was a long walk back to the door. As he passed, he stopped over at Esdeath's cell. " I think we should hurry up and see what this person wants," he replied. He stopped again at Cell 16, stared at the strange man thing and shrugged and kept walking on.

Once again, he stopped again, but this time in confusion. He stared at the boy in cell 9. " We're free to go up as it would seem It might be good to leave the cell." Will stopped there, waiting to see if the boy would reply to him.

@ShadowCoyote0 @Ver @Yun Lee @Jeremi @Minerva @Space_Candy

When Will gave his answer, Wesker wasn't entirely convinced, but it's not like he could persuade a robot to give a different answer. As the doors opened, Wesker took a moment to admire the work of this Overseer. While nothing would please him more then killing the little bastard, the idea of it all impressed him. He always liked the feeling of being in control. He observed the people who were near him. What a colorful cast of characters...it sickened him. He listened to Akande telling off Dhaos. Poor deluded man, his sense of honor will surely get him killed. Still, a part of Wesker liked the man. "Yes, let us continue. The sooner we get this done, the sooner we may confront this Overseer. Surely they have no idea what they're in for."

@Yun Lee @Lucky

Hela exited her cell.

"Hmm... either choice could be death... but I can't die. I'm a Goddess." Hela said.

Without hesitation, Hela immediately went for the staircase.

@Atomic Knight @Everyone

Izuru emerged from his respective cell, glancing down both ends of the cell block to find that only a couple doors opened as a result of the choice. A disinterested sigh slipped from his lips - it was clear the voice included him in the designation of 'scum' and 'prisoner' as everyone else, against his will. The fact that he couldn't escape this confinement easily was interesting, if not irritating and counterintuitive to his motive.

At least, for now. It was simply preliminary research at the moment.

The long-haired boy shuffled down the hallway like a ghost, weaving past the other "inmates" and distancing himself from the group as much as he could. A few of the inmates that he hadn't seen from his cell were met with dark crimson eyes staring at them from behind a veil of flowing ebony locks, which were directed elsewhere as soon as they noticed him.

3065a19af19064f7a95bc68d3bb0a61e.png

"..."

How dull they all are.

@Sark @Atomic Knight @Jeremi @Lucky @ShadowCoyote0 @Ver @Yun Lee @Takumi @Gummi Bunnies @York @Everybody​

Candi chuckled, getting out of her cell and heading to the staircase. Well, I've already got Ashe, but I'm gonna need s'more bubs to help me if I want to make it out alive... who else is there? She ran with speed, trying to get a good look at everyone, occasionally muttering a soft "Ooh!" if she saw someone who looked interesting. However, she stopped when she saw two notable-enough figures - Larxene, and Hela. I heard someone pull out a sword, and it was a female voice, so it had to be one of these two... but one is way scarier than the other, so I'm just gonna make sure I'm not ten feet near the green lady.

Candi shyed away from Hela. Hopefully she's not in a stabby mood. Then, she turned to Larxene. "Just checking, you can't pull a sword out of your whatevers, right?"

@Ver @Siege

Last edited:
Pyke
@Takumi @anyone

"Hmph," was Pyke's response to the Overseer. The condescending attitude dug into his brain as he balled his fists, wishing he had the chance to strangle the one who refused to confront him directly. Nevertheless, he noticed that he was finally free, and walked purposefully toward the stairs. Perhaps he'd find his captor at last.

His glowing eyes glanced at a handful of people as he walked, but one of them caught his eye in particular: a mercenary-looking man, Dagran. Pyke could see the fire in his eyes. This was a man who had suffered through something horrible, and held feelings of hate and revenge that festered inside. He stared at the kindred spirit, his eyes peering into his soul. "You," he began, "Tell me your name." Unlike most times when he asked this question, this time he did not have so much as a hint of malice in his voice.​

"I can tell that you think it's a game," Megatron says as he moves about, stretching his body, now in a less cramped area as he walks through the doors and into the staircase.

"Rehabilitation, they say? Am I the only one who smells a lunatic behind the mask?"

@Kaykay @Ottonomous Ghost @Ver @Minerva @Lucky @Jeremi @etcetcetc​

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back