Status
Not open for further replies.
View attachment 3545

"If it makes you feel any better, there's nothing you'd be able to do even if you weren't bound by such a tight Forbidden Action," the taunting voice of a woman came from above, specifically responding to Will. She was standing over a structure in the air, wearing a thick fur coat over one shoulder that flowed smoothly in the harsh wind.

"But that's okay. I can still have fun with you pups," she went on, her hand poised on her hip as the woman continued to look down upon everyone, "After all, it wouldn't be any fun if I just put you all down so easily. You better be entertaining prey, because everyone else I had to kill died way too quickly for my liking."

"A pleasure to meet you all. My name is Acht, and I'll be one of your illustrious hunters. Remember my name, and let it be the last thing etched into your mind," she grinned as she introduced herself, before stretching both her arms out, her hands nearly touching but not quite, and from there, what looked like a ball of energy began to materialize between them, as though she was getting ready.

"So then... What will your first move be, hmm?! Let's make this a fun game, so don't disappoint me!~"

@Lucky @Yun Lee @Sark @Kaykay @will30358 @dark @Space_Candy @Takumi @Jeremi @ShadowCoyote0 @Crimson Spartan @HuntedGroup

With a coy smile, the blonde man closes one eye briefly, as though winking at Megatron, and gave a one-handed wave.

"Name's Thor. And do let me say, I've met a lot of strong, interesting people in my life, but certainly not cocky enough to try and challenge fate! Let's see how well you end up though!" He said playfully, the sheer levity of his aura though seeming to do very little to raise anyone's spirits. If anything, it only pissed Larxene off more.

"Wait 'til you get a load of me," Larxene mumbled, but said nothing more than that, as though believing that anything more would just be a waste of space. Still, the name "Thor" struck a strange chord in her, as though triggering a spike of irritation. What was this feeling? Was it that someone as scrawny as him was arrogant enough to hype himself up with such a name? Who could say?

@Yun Lee @Crow @Jeremi @CrunchyCHEEZIT @Siege @Ottonomous Ghost @SoldierGroup

View attachment 3545

"If it makes you feel any better, there's nothing you'd be able to do even if you weren't bound by such a tight Forbidden Action," the taunting voice of a woman came from above, specifically responding to Will. She was standing over a structure in the air, wearing a thick fur coat over one shoulder that flowed smoothly in the harsh wind.

"But that's okay. I can still have fun with you pups," she went on, her hand poised on her hip as the woman continued to look down upon everyone, "After all, it wouldn't be any fun if I just put you all down so easily. You better be entertaining prey, because everyone else I had to kill died way too quickly for my liking."

"A pleasure to meet you all. My name is Acht, and I'll be one of your illustrious hunters. Remember my name, and let it be the last thing etched into your mind," she grinned as she introduced herself, before stretching both her arms out, her hands nearly touching but not quite, and from there, what looked like a ball of energy began to materialize between them, as though she was getting ready.

"So then... What will your first move be, hmm?! Let's make this a fun game, so don't disappoint me!~"

@Lucky @Yun Lee @Sark @Kaykay @will30358 @dark @Space_Candy @Takumi @Jeremi @ShadowCoyote0 @Crimson Spartan @HuntedGroup
"I have the feeling you're the type of crazy chick who's going to kill us all," Candi said, before quickly realizing what was about to happen. Haha, there's NO way I'm letting it end here for all of us, even if I have to die! Candi looked towards her teammates and mouthed "Scatter." before looking back to Acht. "So, Acht, how are we going to play this 'game' of yours, hmm? Is it going to be some simply 'try not to die' game, or is it more 'kill or be killed?' 'Cuz, I mean, the second type sounds a lot more fun."

Candi tried to cockily smile, even though she was staring Acht in the face. "Plus, with all that weird talk you're doin'... are you actually trying to make me scared of you?! That's fucking hilarious! How is some some blue-clad bimbo going to get me to wet myself?" Candi coughed, trying to change her voice. "Acht, Edgiest of the Bimbos, Craziest of the Ladies, Wearer of Questionable Outfits! Ah, honey, if you think I'm gonna be frightened by some cosplay like that excuse for a costume, you've got another thing coming."

"And, like, oh my god, it's just so stupid! I should clarify, when it comes to things about you being stupid, there could be a list - your personality, your hair, your outfit... but god, just look at yourself!" Candi fluttered her eyelashes. "'Oh, my. A new group of pups to play with! My last ones broke too easily, so I hope you'll make for a nice hunt.' Well, bitch, if you want a hunt, I'm right fucking here, and I'm not taking any of your shit!" Angrily, Candi turned the group again and mouthed "run." "If you want a game... THEN LET THE GAMES BEGIN!"

@Lucky @Yun Lee @Sark @Kaykay @Ver @dark @Space_Candy @Takumi @Jeremi @ShadowCoyote0 @Crimson Spartan @HuntedGroup

The green girl smiled at the boy. "Brother Thor...no journey should be taken alone." Was that her weird hippie way of thanking him? Who knows.

Following Larxene's lead, Akande got up and followed her, and anyone else who did so would find themselves in a very dark place. The hallway was pitch black, and you couldn't see anything before you or behind you, or feel any walls on either side if you attempted to reach out. The music playing in the holding chamber slowly started to fade, being replaced by a different sound.

Drip.

A drop fell right on Larxene's head.

Drip, drip.

More drops fell on Akande's arm.

Drip drip dripdripdrip--

"Rain...?" Sure enough, it was raining, and raining hard. In just a matter of seconds, it had increased in both force and volume, turning into a full-on storm that hurt as the droplets crashed onto your skin.

BOOM!

Lightning flashed ahead, in the distance, giving you a glimpse at your new surroundings. You were in a forest now, sometime late at night. The sky was a deep gray, stormclouds looming over you as the trees did. The wind picked up, blowing rain into your face, and making it clear that something big was brewing.

"Do you feel it...?" The girl's voice echoed out over even the rainfall, as if inside your head. "Helplessness. Drifting away with no sense of where to go or what to do. The only way to see the light and warmth of the Sun is to surrender yourself to the rain."

@Yun Lee @Crow @Jeremi @CrunchyCHEEZIT @Siege @Ottonomous Ghost @York @SoldierGroup

---

"Hold your tongue, girl, unless you have a death wish!" Moira snapped at Candi. She didn't have much time to reprimand, as from behind her, a pile of sludge surged towards the group, materializing into a muscular man who Will would recognize as his attacker.

View attachment 3549

"Haven't eaten...in so long-ong-ong...must devour...your SOULS!" He hurled a punch at Moira, who vanished into smog and rematerialized a few feet away.

"Enough standing around! Perish if you desire, but I won't!" And with that, she was gone.

@Lucky @Yun Lee @Sark @Kaykay @Ver @will30358 @dark @Space_Candy @Takumi @Jeremi @ShadowCoyote0 @Crimson Spartan @Gummi Bunnies @HuntedGroup

Will Nines

Will looked over at the people who were trying to talk to him and he realized quite quickly that he didn't care what they had to say. Sure, they were hunters, but he was certain that they were just as much players in the Overseer's game as he was. He bolted after Moira did her smog attack. He knew one thing. He was built to be better than the RK800 and that model was strong, athletic and fast, but Will was built as his successor. Stronger, faster and better. He knew that was all he hd left.

@Yun Lee @Jeremi @HuntedGroup

The green girl smiled at the boy. "Brother Thor...no journey should be taken alone." Was that her weird hippie way of thanking him? Who knows.

Following Larxene's lead, Akande got up and followed her, and anyone else who did so would find themselves in a very dark place. The hallway was pitch black, and you couldn't see anything before you or behind you, or feel any walls on either side if you attempted to reach out. The music playing in the holding chamber slowly started to fade, being replaced by a different sound.

Drip.

Drip, drip.

Drip drip dripdripdrip--

"Rain...?" Sure enough, it was raining, and raining hard. In just a matter of seconds, it had increased in both force and volume, turning into a full-on storm that hurt as the droplets crashed onto your skin.

BOOM!

Lightning flashed ahead, in the distance, giving you a glimpse at your new surroundings. You were in a forest now, sometime late at night. The sky was a deep gray, stormclouds looming over you as the trees did. The wind picked up, blowing rain into your face, and making it clear that something big was brewing.

"Do you feel it...?" The girl's voice echoed out over even the rainfall, as if inside your head. "Helplessness. Drifting away with no sense of where to go or what to do. The only way to see the light and warmth of the Sun is to surrender yourself to the rain."

@Yun Lee @Crow @Jeremi @CrunchyCHEEZIT @Siege @Ottonomous Ghost @York @SoldierGroup

---

"Hold your tongue, girl, unless you have a death wish!" Moira snapped at Candi. She didn't have much time to reprimand, as from behind her, a pile of sludge surged towards the group, materializing into a muscular man who Will would recognize as his attacker.

View attachment 3549

"Haven't eaten...in so long-ong-ong...must devour...your SOULS!" He hurled a punch at Moira, who vanished into smog and rematerialized a few feet away.

"Enough standing around! Perish if you desire, but I won't!" And with that, she was gone.

@Lucky @Yun Lee @Sark @Kaykay @Ver @will30358 @dark @Space_Candy @Takumi @Jeremi @ShadowCoyote0 @Crimson Spartan @Gummi Bunnies @HuntedGroup

View attachment 3545

This wouldn't be the first time Dagran had odds stacked against him. Unfortunately, he had a much harder chance of coming out of something like this alive. Knowing better than to stick around, he took Moira's initiative and ran. This little game could be won, he was sure. For now he'd just have to find out how long he could last.

@Yun Lee @Jeremi @Ver @Others @Hunted

Drip.

Drip, drip.

Drip drip dripdripdrip--

BOOM!

---

View attachment 3549

"No good undead fucking hippy trash,"
Ashley cursed aloud. "If any of these bastards think I'm going roll over and play nice then they have something else coming for them."

Dhaos had raised his cape to cover himself from the brunt of the rain. "This is clearly an illusion, and all illusions can be broken. As long as we do not fall into the zombie's claws we will survive." Saying no more Dhaos decided to push through the storm and go onward. He was not about to become anybody's puppet.

Even before Moira had decided to dash Bossk was already on his way through the thicket. There was no love lost between him and the rest of the crew and if they were going to be bodies to slow their pursuers done then so be it.

Pyke

Pyke did not speak as he found himself grouped amongst selected soldiers.

...Why was he chosen to be a soldier?

The Decepticon had declared that he was disqualified-- Pyke had protested to achieve this very goal, but now he was in the exact predicament he had tried to avoid? Rage boiled within him unlike ever before, making him shudder like a crazed asylum patient, his breathing labored.

That's right. His first mistake was saying anything at all. Of course they would throw him in, even if he wasn't cut out for the job, just to spite him. That was exactly what a scummy captain would do. Taking sadistic pleasure from the crew's hardship-- it pissed him off so much. He needed to do something about the anger, it felt like he was about to implode. But there was no neck to strangle and no hook to drive into someone's flesh, unless he wanted to be quickly put down like an animal.

Drip.

Drip, drip.

Drip drip dripdripdrip--

BOOM!

Despite water drenching his body, his malignant soul continued to flare up with newfound energy. Although water is something his body thrives off of, it also reminds him of his death, of his betrayal.

He looked down at his debris-ridden arms. As if nearing his mental limit, Pyke quickly ripped off the small, sharp objects out of his arms. Slimey blood dripped even more from the wounds as he sprinted forward into the mist, having no intention of slowing down. He needed to spend the energy, and there was no way in hell he would surrender.

"Gonna get 'em..."

He knew where he was going, and he knew what he was doing. He was running in order to find a captain to kill.​

Not though the soldier knew
Someone had blundered.
Theirs not to make reply,
Theirs not to reason why,
Theirs but to do and die.
Into the valley of Death
Rode the six hundred.

– Tennyson, Alfred “Charge of the Light Brigade”

A soldier is given orders and told to follow them. They must do so without question or face punishment, even if it means certain death. A general or other superior gives those orders to those soldiers.

Despite her famed sadism, Esdeath saw herself as a kind general, caring for her soldiers well being and not sending them on suicide missions. She never suspected that she would be on the other side of the coin, a pawn for a cruel general. However, she was stubborn. She would never surrender. Not even if it meant certain death for herself.

Rainfall. A feeling familiar to Esdeath. Drops fell on her, at first they felt refreshing and cool, but soon turned to feel like needles. Piercing and cold.

like ice.

like her element

A taunting voice laughed towards her. Telling her and the others in her group to give up. To surrender. Something she would not willingly do.

rcrMY1P.jpg

You want to play?” She said tipping her hat forward. “Then let’s play.

@Ver @Yun Lee @York @CrunchyCHEEZIT @Crow @Siege @Ottonomous Ghost @Soldiers​

As the old man ran through the forest, he would have time to only see a glimmer of metal as a warning, before a giant blade came sweeping for his head. Whether or not he managed to escaps in time mattered not to the wielder, who now stared at the group before him. Lightning flashed again, illuminating his immense silhouette and broad frame.

"It's like something out of those old horror movies..." Akande said, eyeing the large machete in the figure's hand.

"Movies? Illusions? Oh no...this is real, man. Totally real. The rain on your face...the wind...and the threat of death. Now, come forward...face the truth head-on."

@Ver @Yun Lee @York @CrunchyCHEEZIT @Crow @Siege @Ottonomous Ghost @Soldiers

---

"RRRAAAAUUUGHH!!" The monstrous man began racing after those fleeing, howling and hollering as he did so. "DEVOUR!!!"

"The factory is far north!" Moira called. "That's our only hope for survival in this!"

@Lucky @Yun Lee @Sark @Kaykay @Ver@will30358 @dark @Space_Candy @Takumi@Jeremi @ShadowCoyote0 @Crimson Spartan @Gummi Bunnies @HuntedGroup

As the old man ran through the forest, he would have time to only see a glimmer of metal as a warning, before a giant blade came sweeping for his head. Whether or not he managed to escaps in time mattered not to the wielder, who now stared at the group before him. Lightning flashed again, illuminating his immense silhouette and broad frame.

"It's like something out of those old horror movies..." Akande said, eyeing the large machete in the figure's hand.

"Movies? Illusions? Oh no...this is real, man. Totally real. The rain on your face...the wind...and the threat of death. Now, come forward...face the truth head-on."

@Ver @Yun Lee @York @CrunchyCHEEZIT @Crow @Siege @Ottonomous Ghost @Soldiers​

"Is this one of your human horror stories? I highly doubt he can survive a second in the pressures of space," Megatron shakes his head, unintimidated by that which was frightening by human standards, before assuming a combat stance, taking his dual-tonfas out.

@Ver @Yun Lee @York @CrunchyCHEEZIT @Crow @Siege @Ottonomous Ghost @Minerva @Soldiers​

@Ver @Yun Lee @York @CrunchyCHEEZIT @Crow @Siege @Ottonomous Ghost @Soldiers

---

"RRRAAAAUUUGHH!!" The monstrous man began racing after those fleeing, howling and hollering as he did so. "DEVOUR!!!"

"The factory is far north!" Moira called. "That's our only hope for survival in this!"

@Lucky @Yun Lee @Sark @Kaykay @Ver@will30358 @dark @Space_Candy @Takumi@Jeremi @ShadowCoyote0 @Crimson Spartan @Gummi Bunnies @HuntedGroup

esdeath-62179.jpg

Tch. How boring.” She simply said. Several shards of ice formed in thin air. She flicked her hand, throwing them at the creature that had appeared.

@Ver @Ottonomous Ghost @Yun Lee @CrunchyCHEEZIT

As Pyke ran, he saw the menacing killer out of the corner of his eye. Grunting as he dodge rolled away from the sharp edge, he crouched on the ground, eyes wide as he felt his neck with his right hand. Had he been a quarter-second too late, the blade would have done more than a small cut. As he stared back at his enemy, he did not see a merciless killer. His mind had already broken down too much. In his eyes, the monster who stood before him was something more horrifying: a captain.

"I remember your face... yes... you... you cut my line!" he declared with absolute conviction.

He began to lose any sense of fear, desiring murder and bloodshed. The machete-wielder blocking his path would have to suffice to satisfy this desire, no matter how broken his body may become from the fight. He'd finally take revenge for all the hardship throughout his terrible existence (even though he had done so countless times before). His baleful eyes glowed sea-blue as he charged toward the masked adversary with his shoulder poised for a shoulder bash.

Pyke would indeed face the truth head-on.

"I'm gonna drag you down to the swimming city!"

Y92Qb2H.png

As he prepared to make impact, he braced for the possibility of the man slashing at him. Concentrating on the molecules that make up his body, and the magic that inhabits it, he would cast Phantom Undertow, which would allow him to leave a phantom of himself behind as he dashes through the enemy; the phantom would in turn lunge at Pyke's body, and return to it, potentially crashing into the opponent like a wall of bricks. Theoretically positioned behind the fellow killer, the Bloodharbor Ripper would attempt to put him in a choke hold, slam him to the ground, and crush the arm holding the machete with his leg, perhaps allowing him to take the weapon for his own use.

"Hmph. You talk a lot. How annoying, but that's okay," Acht only said as Candi went on, seeming intent on keeping a hold of her attention. "We'll see how much you can talk when I'm done with you, when you won't even have a tongue."

As the other mysterious figure appeared, a muscular savage who it was easy to deduce was Acht's ally, attacking the others, the blonde woman continued charging the ball of energy between her hands, cackling madly.

View attachment 3561

"KYAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! It really is as they say, the best game of all is man! You never know what they're going to do next! This'll be so much fun! I'll even make a game out of it myself! Anyone who manages to reach that factory without dying, I'll make sure to grant you a quick death when I do catch you!" Acht went on, referencing the factory that Moira seemed intent on reaching.

Eventually, the ball took on a crystallized appearance, and if there was any doubt before, it seemed that the woman's powers resided in the domain of ice, spikes protruding from all over it. With staggering speed, once it had grown large enough, like a small comet, she then hurled it in the direction of the group, ready to crash into anyone who wasn't liable to get out of the way!

Meanwhile, at the front of the group, as the others who might have been safest from Acht's chase would be, the factory gradually came into view in the distant horizon. Perhaps Moira's gambit was right, but before long, another obstacle reared its ugly head.

BOOSH!

A powerful boom rang out as though someone was hit by a car, and before anyone knew it, Bossk's body flew through the air like a rag doll and crashed into a tree. Emerging from the shadows, a hulking, muscular man of 6'6 stood before everyone, cracking his knuckles and grinning just as sadistically as Acht. Like her, he also sported a black coat on his shoulders, and even seemed to exude a similar air as her in general.

View attachment 3562

"You didn't think it would be that easy, would you?"

@Jeremi @Yun Lee @Lucky @will30358 @Gummi Bunnies @Sark @Takumi @HuntedGroup

Will Nines

Will had been being careful and looked over at the hulking man and quickly moved back towards a tree and climbing up it, using some of the branches as leverage to climb higher. Stronger, faster, smarter. This was why he was made better. To survive. To thrive. He had to avoid conflict at all cost.

@Ver @Jeremi @Yun Lee @will30358 @Gummi Bunnies @Sark @Takumi @HuntedGroup

As those in the rain readied to use their weapons or powers, they would find something rather alarming. Megatron was unable to use his dual-tonfas. Esdeath was unable to turn droplets into ice shards. And Pyke would not be able to cast Phantom Undertow. Instead, Pyke would either crash right into the attacker, or stop just short of doing so once he realized this; either way, the attacker would grab him by the beck and lift him up into the air, preparing to choke the old seaman.

"Ah ha ha ha...have you realized it now? The powers and weapons that you have come to rely on have been stripped away... The only thing left is your true self, and if that isn't enough to save you...then only one thing can. Surrender to the light...or find yourself consumed in the darkness."

@Ver @Yun Lee @York @CrunchyCHEEZIT @Crow @Siege @Jeremi @Ottonomous Ghost @Minerva @Soldiers

---

"Damn it!" Moira clicked her tongue as this new hunter revealed himself. "How is this even remotely entertaining if we can't fight back?!"

The question was punctuated by a loud yell. "RAAAAUUUGHH!!" The beast pursuing them neared ever closer. Whoever this man didn't get to, the beast surely would. Without much of a choice, Moira turned into smoke and veered off to the left, as if to avoid the two entirely.

@Ver @Jeremi @Yun Lee @Lucky @will30358 @Gummi Bunnies @Sark @Takumi @HuntedGroup

Just great. These people were doing all they can to make this a living hell. Gritting his teeth in frustration, Nishiki knew that going north was a possible destination, but with all these other factors, it was going pretty poorly. Without giving himself another second to think this over, the yakuza patriarch made a sharp turn to his right after spotting that a bulky man stood in their way, making it very clear that he was breaking off from following Moira and the others towards that factory. He could give a few damns if something happened to them, since he was looking after himself at the moment. Unless there happened to be more factors out hunting them down, Nishiki figured that splitting away from everyone else would divide attention somehow.

❝ Giving me a run for my money, huh? ... ha, I might as well tie a hand to my back to make it challenging. ❞ Nishiki laughed more or so to himself under breath. It wasn't hard to realize the fact that he was throwing his life on the line, but it was damn better than standing around like a sitting duck.

@Ver @Jeremi @Yun Lee @Lucky @will30358 @Gummi Bunnies @Sark @Takumi
@HuntedGroup

As those in the rain readied to use their weapons or powers, they would find something rather alarming. Megatron was unable to use his dual-tonfas. Esdeath was unable to turn droplets into ice shards. And Pyke would not be able to cast Phantom Undertow. Instead, Pyke would either crash right into the attacker, or stop just short of doing so once he realized this; either way, the attacker would grab him by the beck and lift him up into the air, preparing to choke the old seaman.

"Ah ha ha ha...have you realized it now? The powers and weapons that you have come to rely on have been stripped away... The only thing left is your true self, and if that isn't enough to save you...then only one thing can. Surrender to the light...or find yourself consumed in the darkness."

@Ver @Yun Lee @York @CrunchyCHEEZIT @Crow @Siege @Jeremi @Ottonomous Ghost @Minerva @Soldiers​

"If there is anything I have learned, neither is an option. To fully consume the light or to fully embrace the darkness - the imbalance would serve to create a new evil hellbent on such ideologies, a zealot," Megatron shakes his head.

He was aware of the situation. Transforming into his VW Beetle form, he picked up some of the slower runners and drove away alongside all who ran.​

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back