Death Against Death [1x1]

romamaro

Name: Zulemia Malum (Thu-lem-ia Mal-oom). She goes by the name 'Mia'.

Appearance: Zulemia is short, slender, but rather serious and intimidating looking. She takes the form of a mid-twenties black woman with long dark brown dreadlocks. She has sharp and thin facial features, hooded reddish brown eyes, and is strikingly beautiful. She has long, blood red nails. She wears somewhat innocent looking clothing, with skirts and large jumpers.
When she is in her true form, she has pitch black skin, pitch black hair, and bright red eyes. She has long, razor-sharp fingernails, is three feet taller than her human self, and her hair floats in a crown above her head. Her powers are far stronger in this form. She seems to be entirely naked, but in fact wears a black, skin-tight jumpsuit.

Race: Demon of Death

Background: Zulemia was created by the Mother of all Death Demons, Mater Malum. She trained, along with her fellow Demons of Death, and soon enough came up as one of the best at the job. When Hell was in need of more souls, she was the one that was sent to do as Satan willed.

Abilities: Immortality. Touch of death. Extremely agile and can jump very high. She doesn't appear to physically age. She can control dark energy, but not as well as in her true form.
Her true form has super strength and can fly without the use of wings. She can open portals to Hell, but only after killing someone to send their soul there. All of the powers above are stronger also.

Personality: Zulemia is classy and sophisticated. She's very proud of her appearance and powers, but likes to hide them for as long as possible so that she doesn't have to leave her hunting ground.

Zulemia - A demon of death.
Adria - An ex-angel of death, now a fallen angel.
Mater Sanctus - A grand demon of fallen angels. Her real name is Mahley Dissimulato and she was originally a Seraphim.
Amee - One of Zulemia's roommates, with floor-length blonde hair. Very motherly to Rosalva.
Vertie - One of Zulemia's roommates. An Asian girl with short hair.
Rosalva - One of Zulemia's roommates. Has two forms: a cloth doll with string hair and button eyes or a six year old girl.
Randi - One of Adria's roommates.
Minta - One of Adria's roommates.
Kelle - One of Adria's roommates.

Zulemia stepped out of the restaurant, the man on her arm looking rather poorly. She didn't even really remember his name. She patted his hand fondly. "Are you feeling okay?" She asked.
The man shook his head. "Honestly, not really, Mia. I feel like I might pass out. Could you take me home?" He asked.
Zulemia smiled. "Of course," she said, pulling her keys out of her pocket.

A few minutes later, they were driving down the road. Every second, the man looked poorer, so poor that he didn't even notice that Zulemia was not taking him back home. She pulled up in front of an alley where she knew the body wouldn't be found. She pulled the man out of the car, and lead him slowly into the alley, knowing that his vision would be going so spotted that he wouldn't be able to tell that it wasn't his apartment.

When they were deep enough into that dark street, Zulemia closed her eyes. A second later, and she was a tall lady of deathly black. She looked down at the man, smiling. "Don't worry, it'll be all over in a second," she whispered, pressing her palm against his chest. For a moment, he wheezed, dizzy and disorientated, but then he dropped to the ground like a bag of sand. Next, she pulled her hand away, with it a wispy white thing that then formed into another version of the man, just translucent and a little bit paler.

She smiled slightly, holding a hand out to her side. Under her hand, a large hole opened up. Down into it, there looked to be nothing but black. However, it was a one-way ticket to hell. Not that the man knew that.

Zulemia patted him on the back. "Go on now. There are people waiting for you," she lied.

Last edited:
Adria had just finished sending another person to heaven when she got a alert on her phone saying that someone had died before their time was up and that only happened when a demon was meddling with mortals. (yes she is very modern in the things she does XD) Within almost a instant she arrives alley and the ghost of the man about to walk into hell.

Adria quickly pulls the ghost back and returns it to its body the man starts to breath again.

Adria sends a glare at the demon. "It is not his time demon if you want his soul you will wait for when his time is up"

Zulemia was about to push the man into the pit when he slipped right out from under her grip. She turned around, having not expected to be interrupted. She raised an eyebrow, though this couldn't be seen. She looked the girl up and down, able to sense the angelic power off her.

"I beg to differ. Mater Malum waits for no man and no angel," she said. She reached down and grabbed the man by his wrist, tugging him to his feet. She held him by the neck as she walked backwards, forcing the soul back out the man. She threw the body further down the ally and without even letting the soul take form, she threw it down to hell. She smiled at the Angel of Death, letting the void close back up. "You should back off, or I'll have to make you follow him."

Adria tried to save the man but the void closed before she could get to him. Adria took a good look at the demon and she was very beautiful.... for a demon of course its not like she thought that it was. Adria lets out a depressed sigh. "Yeah yeah whatever i hear that all the time now go fuck of would ya? you are making my job harder." her voice was very monotone.

Zulemia raised her eyebrow again a smile playing across her face. "Unlikely," she said, pushing past the angel. She walked to the edge of the ally and closed her eyes again. She transformed back into her shorter self, her orange sundress blowing slightly in the wind. She looked over her shoulder at the angel, smirking, almost taunting.

Adria face was void of emotion. "Stupid demon.." Andria grumbles. She vanishes a second later having nothing more to say.

She appeared in her small apartment and went to the fridge grabbing a cold piece of pizza and munching on it. After she was done with that she took out her sketch pad and began to draw the demon she had meet today.

Last edited:
Zulemia's face instantly contorted into that of rage and extreme offence. How dare she... She spun on her heel, ready to change back and charge at the dark haired woman, when she disappeared. Her hands fell down back to her side and she huffed. Fine. She would just have to get her later. It was a shame; she'd been itching for a fight.

It would be another hour before Adria would be bothered again. Another message came up on her phone, notifying her of another soul being taken too early. It's location was pinpointed to a bar downtown.

Upon arriving, she would find the same thing that she did before; Zulemia, a tall, dark figure, pointing the way down to hell for the ghost of a waitress, whose body was slumped over the counter.

Adria huffs in annoyance and appears there within seconds "how many times do I have to say this to get it trough your trick skull demon?!" She takes the soul away from the portal and demon. "This one isn't even ment to go to hell" The demons way of gathering souls confused her there was no schedule to anything it is just random. This demon riled her up so easy but it was nice to feel something aside from loneliness for once.

Last edited:
Zulemia grit her teeth. The angel could sense when souls were being taken, somehow. "Get off my turf," she growled, grabbing the body of the waitress and pulling her away so that her soul couldn't be returned. She threw the body into the corner. "Why don't you just give it back and go back to playing your harp?" She hissed, holding out a hand for the angel to return the soul.

"A harp really? I'm not that kind of angel... They are snobs and bitchy I'm sure you would get along just fine tho." Knowing that if she didn't keep her away she would just be sent to hell if the demon got to her so she would bend the rules slightly. Adria opens a portal bright light shining trough it and pushes the soul in it and closing it before the demon can get ahold of her.

Zulemia's red eyes widened, and then narrowed. "Who the hell do you think you are?" She growled, though keeping her distance. She eyed the heavenly portal carefully, making sure that she kept a far enough distance away from it.

"No one of importance" Adria closes the portal and gos over and sits in one of the booths a small glass and a bottle of whiskey appeared on the table. "Honestly I don't want to fight I wouldn't even bother you if you would just take them when they are ment to die" she pours herself a glass and takes a sip. She was back to being her calm uncaring self. "So demon... Who are you?"

Zulemia folded her arms. "Mater Malum wants more souls, and she doesn't wait," she hissed. The portal near her feet started to close up, and her eyes widened. She put one feet over the hole, looking back up at the angel. "I have to report back about this new...annoyance," she hissed, and then fell into the dark red hole, to consult Mater Futurae.

Adria mumbles goodbye and quickly drinks the rest of the whisky in her glass "I hate this job.." she vanishes and reappears in her apartment and quickly changes into pajamas and falling asleep on her bed.

Zulemia reemerged from Hell in the morning, far less angry than before. Mater Praeteritum, Mater Praesenti, and Mater Futurae had all told her very troubling things. She and that annoying angel - whose name she now knew was Adria - had a very certain future together. Mater Futurae had predicted that they were 'Soulmates'.

She knew from Mater Praeteritum and Mater Praesenti that the angel didn't like her current life; she was a reject in the holy society. So, maybe she would be more welcome down where she could be loved for her abilities.

Zulemia knew that Adria somehow knew every time she killed someone. So, that was the only way she knew to get the girl for a chat. Adria would soon enough find another message, pinpointed to a bar near where the events of the previous night had happened.

Adrias phone buzzed on her bed wakeing her up she slowly opens one eye and looks at the message. "........i just want a break already!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" With a snap of her fingers her usual clothing appears on her body she usually wouldn't do this but she was in a rush. She appeared within a few feet away from the demon. "You really enjoy bugging me dont you? I just want a break but nnooooooo i cant have that! I have to deal with the trouble you cause!" It was clear that she was very frustrated probably a mix of the situation and all the other shit she has to deal with.

Adria would find Zulemia in the bar, spinning the soul of a bar lady on the tip of her finger like a basketball. She was in her more human looking form, wearing a massive pumpkin coloured turtleneck and a brown knife-pleated skirt. She glanced over at Adria, smiling. "Don't you get tired of being an Angel of Death?" She asked, letting go of the soul and letting it return to it's body with no memories of it's temporary death. She spun around in the chair, an eyebrow raised at Adria.

"No i enjoy my job now stop bugging me demon!" SHe wasent lieing she did like being a angel of death just not everything it brings. She notices the soul return to its body realizing the demon wanted her here. "what do you want..?"

Zulemia smiled, just the slightest bit sinister. "A little birdie told me that back in Heaven...everyone hates you, Adria," she purred.

"yeah so what?" despite acting calm the demon knowing who she was unnerved her. Adria steps back a little putting distance between them."Its not like i care what they think of me! how could any of them understand?! They are all so weak!" The building started to shake slightly as her power began to slip free of her control. The angrier she gets the more she loses control of it and it was already tiring enough as it is to keep it at bay. She lost control of her power once and it ended in disaster killing thousands of people.

Last edited:
Back