Death Against Death [1x1]

Adria watches the bone be tossed into the air and the minor demons and squabbled for it before one of them stole the bone away. Adria chuckles at the sight before looking over at Mia. "Oh its all so wonderful ive never had anything so great...." Adria could feel Amee's gaze on her but ignored it keeping her attention on mia.

Zulemia laughed. "Great!" She said. She looked down at her plate and picked up what looked like rolled up bacon on her fork. She dipped it in a black sauce and held it out to Adria. "You've got to try this. It's sus lardum, in cinis condimentum," she said, not explaining whatever the foreign words were.
Vertie, across the table, sighed as she lay back in her chair. She'd only eaten one thing, but it had exhausted her.

Adria took a bite of the food mia held out for her It was really good. "Mhhmm thats really good" she said. This was probably the best meal Adria has had in her life. Adria could still feel Amee's gaze on her Adria shifted around uncomfortably she didn't like being watched it was weird.

Zulemia laughed, taking her fork back and starting to eat again. "I'm warning you, you'll never want to go back to the mortal realm now. Definitely not the holy one!" She laughed.
Amee bounced Rosalva on her knee, shooting a look at Zulemia that said 'I wouldn't be so sure'. She looked back to Rosalva, starting to feed her again.

Adria chuckles. "Probably not since the foods so great." Now that Amee was no longer watching her adria could relax a bit more. Adria glanced over at vertie. "I assume your's was good to?"

Vertie let out a long sigh. "You don't even know, dude," she groaned, patting her stomach. "I'll grab you one of them tomorrow, promise. Like, you'll literally never want to move again once you've eaten it," she promised.
Zulemia laughed. "I don't think it's that good," she admitted.
The look Vertie gave her was the same one you might give someone if they said that they saw ten pigs flying in a line, pursued by a bear.

Adria chuckles at Vertie's response. "Alright if you say so." This was nice... having a nice meal being able to talk with people that don't hate you... why didn't i come here sooner? Adria thought.

Demons slowly one by one started to leave the dining hall as they were finished eating. "Alright so what next?" Adria had a smile on her face wondering what they would be doing next because so far.. its all been rather great.

Zulemia put her elbows on the table, tapping her lips with her index finger. "What time is it, Vert?" She asked.
The demon glanced down at a big watch on her wrist. The entire rest of dinner, she'd been struggling not to fall asleep. "Uh...seven thirty, just about."
Rosalva perked up from where she was still sitting on Amee's lap. "Can we go to the show?" She asked eagerly, looking up at Amee.
Amee furrowed her brow, glancing slightly at Adria.
Zulemia beamed. "Yeah, that's a great idea!" She declared, jumping up from her chair.

"the show? whats that?" Adria didn't miss the glance amee gave her. Honestly what was her deal..? Adria thought.

Adria got up from her chair it was clear that the show was something they enjoyed.

"There's a grand hall, you see," Zulemia said, "and every night some new souls come and entertain us. If they do a good job they get some years off their sentence," she said.
Vertie stood up, wiping her chin with the back of her hand. "I'm exhausted, guys. I'm just gonna head back to the room," she said. "It was nice to meet you, Adria!" She said with a smile, and then she disappeared, having stopped time and gotten herself to the room.
Amee stood up, holding Rosalva on her hip.
"I'll fly us there, Ames," Zulemia said, but Amee just glanced at Adria again and shook her head.
"We can manage," she said curtly, walking past the two of them. Rosalva stared at Adria as they walked away.

Zulemia sighed. "Guess I'll fly us, then," she said, walking after her roommate.

Adria smiles back at Vertie "it was nice meeting you as well vertie." in the next second vertie was gone. "That is a terrifying ability.......... but so cool......." Adrias smile faltered a little because of Amee when the demon was no longer by her and mia she decided to speak. "Does she not like fallen angels or something?" The two of them were now outside adria held her hand out.

Zulemia shook her head. "It's because of the necklace," she said. "It shows that you're new, so she doesn't know how loyal you are yet," she explained quickly as they left. She took Adria's hand and flew into the air. She returned to going at maybe half, or probably quarter speed, as they headed to the grand hall.

The grand hall was a tall circular building, though it was pretty wide too. The bricks were large and dark red, and the windows were tinted a wine-purple. There were balconies all around the side of the building, with doors leading into the seating areas. Zulemia flew to one of the balconies, maybe five or six floors up, and walked through one of the glass doors. Inside there were hundreds of thousands of seats, and Zulemia rushed over as close to the edge she could get. Looking down, there was a circular stage in the middle. Right now, it was empty, but it was going to be taken soon enough. Zulemia sat down on the plush, purple velvet chairs, patting the seat next to her for Adria. "It'll start soon," she said. The building was busy enough that she had to shout over the noise.

( i call bs XD )

"oh... that makes sense.... i hope it doesn't last for to long tho.." Adria looked at the grand hall it was red... adria had noticed that everything was red almost it was completely different from the white and gold color scheme of heaven. once they were inside it was so loud hopefully they would quite down once the show starts. Adria hurriedly follow mia to the edge and sat down next to her the chairs were quite comfy.

Adria could barely hear mia due to all the people but adria thinks she said something about it starting soon.

Zulemia looked back to the circular stage down below, the excitement making her skin fizzle. She beamed as he lights around them shut off. It was pitch black, apart from the hundreds of pairs of glowing eyes from the demons in the room and the strong single spotlight shining down on the stage. Even if she was in her human form, Zulemia's eyes had an eerie, but faint, maroon glow to them. If Adria noticed it, she might see that her own eyes seemed to have a glow to them now, being blue with just a little red tint.

The entire hall hushed as a trapdoor opened on the stage. Something rose up; a tall man, entirely naked and slightly translucent. He held two balls in his hand. He looked up at the eyes, fear clear on his face for just a moment, before he made himself unreadable and started to juggle. It was unimpressive, at first, until somebody from the crowd who was clearly disappointed in the show threw a knife in his general direction. The man reached out and without a flinch, he caught the knife and included it into the juggling. There was a whoop from around the room, and then it began. Things were thrown recklessly - anything from stones to belts to buttons and included into the juggling show. It was very, very impressive now.

That part of the show ended and the man let all the things fall to the floor. There was an almighty uproar for just a few seconds, and then a massive voice boomed through the hall. "One thousand years off!" It cried, and the hall burst into cheering once more. It wasn't immediately clear where the voice had come from, but if you looked down at the ground floor and straight forward, you could see a man, sitting in a grand throne of black and red. He was tall and slender, with long black hair to his shoulders and alluring blue eyes with a slight red glow. He had a set of wings like what Mater Sanctus had, but they were massive and commanded tons of space to themselves. He screamed dangerous, but if Adria looked long enough, she might notice that the man held a striking resemblance to...herself.

Adria could feel the excitement in the room and couldn't help herself but feel excited as well it was clear that this show was going to be good. When the lights went off she could see all of the demons eyes glowing it was like a sea of candles almost. She took a glance at mia her eyes were glowing as well they were pretty. Adria turned her attention to the stage as a man was brought up to the stage. Adria was impressed by the man juggling she tried to juggle once she never tried it again it sucked so she was very impressed when the man started to catch objects and juggle so many things at once. The room had become silent after the man was finished due to a booming voice she looked around the large room to find it and saw the man sitting on the throne she stared at him he looked familiar somehow but she knew she never meet this man before it was strange her attention was drawn back to the stage as the next performance was about to begin.

(wwwwwwwooo we are going that route!! so.......... who is her mum then? XD mater sanctus?

Last edited:
(or maybe its mia!!! DUN DUN DDDDUNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN...... idk where i was going with this.. XD )

((Hahaha. It's up to you who her mother is. Probably not a Mater or a Pater though. An angel?))

The show continued for hours, each performance different in some new way. Some were good, getting hundreds or even thousands of years off their sentences, but there were some bad ones. For them, a hole opened in the floor, and they disappeared down into a pit with a faint red light at the bottom of it at the mysterious man's command. The room was silent after those ones, but quickly perked up again when the next acts.

When the show ended, Zulemia didn't stand up until the room was mostly empty. When there were only a few demons left, Zulemia stood up. "You were meant to go back to Mater Sanctus, yes?" She asked, heading towards the doors they left from.

Adria enjoyed the show for the most part however some of it was really bad but it was mostly enjoyable none the less. Adria looked up to mia when she stood up. "Yes i was." Adria got up and followed right behind mia. "The show was entertaining.. thanks for bringing me."

Back