Death Against Death [1x1]

Zulemia shrugged. "It's not problem," she said with a little smile. She offered her hand to Adria again, and once she took it, she started flying again. She was still going pretty slow, though.

Just like before, the Temple stood strong. Zulemia lead Adria to the temple door, but didn't walk in. "You go in. I'll stay here," she said in a quiet voice, nodding towards the entrance.

Adria took Mias hand and they went flying to the temple. Mia was going slow for her sake but adria could probably go faster then this with ease... but she wasn't going to say anything she liked being around mia despite not knowing her long.

The two of them land at the temple door but mia wasn't going with her. "Alright see you soon." adria also said in a quite voice. Adria went into the temple and went to mater sanctus door.

(soo... should there be some sort of crisis or enemy?.. like heaven maybe? go to war with heaven :D )

The large door was already open, the orange eye above it following Adria as she entered the room.

Inside, Mater Sanctus sat on her throne. The ginger child from before was on her lap, and Mater Sanctus seemed to be reading her some sort of picture book that was severely old to her. Despite a picture book being far below this child's ability level, she seemed utterly interested in the basic story.

Mater Sanctus lifted her head when she saw Adria enter. She smiled softly. "Go off to bed now, Jodie," she whispered in the child's ear. The child took the book, jumping off of the ex-seraphim's lap. She bowed, and then ran off to a trapdoor behind the throne. She jumped down and disappeared.

Mater Sanctus smiled at Adria, beckoning her forward with a pale hand. "Come, sit," she said. She reached to the side of her throne and pulled a backed stool from the side. She placed it right in front of her, so that Adria would be facing away from her. "So, how was your first day?" She asked, like the calm mother of a nursery school child.

Adria walked into the room as the door was already open she glanced at they eyes watching her they creeped her out a bit. As she was walking in she saw the child from before leave behind some sort of trap door behind the throne.

Adria walks over to the stool and sits down. A small smile was on her face as she remembered the day. "It was wonderful better than any day in heaven or earth."

Mater Sanctus chuckled. She started to play with Adria's hair, eventually moving on to doing it in two french plaits. "Things are a lot better here, aren't they?" She said happily. "And you didn't take the necklace off, did you?"

" mhm i like it here. " Adria shook her head when she was asked if she was asked about the necklace. "No i didn't" Adria thought back to the strange reactions she got due to the necklace. "Whats the meaning of the necklace anyways?"

Mater Sanctus tied one of the plaits with a black hair elastic from her wrist. She started the next one, but stopped to look at the necklace. "Oh, it's nothing," she said, holding the half-finished braid in one hand and reaching forward to pick the necklace's charm up with the other. The orange eye, which had been blinking and twitching around the entire day so far, was now perfectly still. "Just a little something to show that you're new. So people are extra nice to you." She let the necklace drop and went back to braiding. "Why are you curious? Has anyone suggested anything about it?" She asked, tone like a concerned mother.

'She really likes messing with my hair......' Adria thought. When master sanctus picked up the necklace she glanced down at it "No umm not really... just strange reactions when they see it.." In heaven Mater sanctus is considered a monster for crimes Adria did not know of... yet she seemed so nice was everything in heaven a lie?

Mater Sanctus nodded. "It's understandable. Deformem keeps on trying to send angels down to spy on us." She spat the odd word like it was food that had gone off. "But those angels won't let me change their wings. So we know they're fake." She finished off the second braid, and ran her hands over the tops of Adria's wings. "The simple fact that you let me change your wings shows that you're loyal. But people are always worried. Bad things happen if there are spies around."

She clapped her hands twice, leaning back into her chair. "Amicus! Get a key for Adria!" She called.
A couple of seconds passed, and then the fallen angel from before appeared, holding a dull golden key in one hand. "Thank you, Amicus. You are free to leave," Mater Sanctus said as she took the key. Amicus bowed and rushed away.
Mater Sanctus held out the key to Adria. "Room 421, I think that says." She squinted her eyes at the number engraved on the head of the key, that did actually read four hundred and twenty-one. "You'll have a few roommates. Keep the necklace on for a week more, and then come and see me again. I'll send Amicus to you if I need you." She patted Adria's shoulders. "You are free to leave."

When mater sanctus runs her hands down her wings they twitch slightly in response. "It wont last forever right? i would rather not be thought of as a spy." Adria takes the dull gold key looking at the number and at the mention of roommates her thoughts went to if there were any angels that she knew. "Alright thank you.. bye." Adria quickly bows to mater sanctus and leaves.

Upon leaving Mater Sanctus' chamber, the door slammed shut behind Adria, harsh.

Zulemia stood outside, hands in the pocket of her dark orange jumper. She smiled at Adria, tilting her head a little as she did. She eyed the necklace warily. "She's wanting you to keep it on?" She asked, the bright dragon's eye staring at her intently.

As Adria walked out and the door slammed shut she noticed Mia waiting on her. "Mhm for at least a week" Adria holds up the golden key. "I also have a room now."

((Not just yet. We'll let Adria meet her roommates and then we can timeskip.))

Zulemia grinned. "Nice," she mumbled, reaching out and plucking the key from Adria's hand. She squinted at the number, and at the symbol on the head. It was a wing, but all battered up like any of the other fallen angels' were. She held the key back out to Adria. "Watch where I'm going, so you know where to head later," she said, holding out a hand to the fallen angel.

Adria takes the key back from mia and takes her hand. "Alright thank you" Adria runs her hand through her braids not being use to them. "Soo how do they look on me..?" By they she was referring to the braids mater sanctus did.

Zulemia pushed into the air, still going slow for care of Adria's wings. She looked over her shoulder at the braids and smiled. "They're nice. Mater Sanctus did them?" She assumed.

"mhm i never really did anything to my hair maybe i should start.." Adria liked that mia was going slow she enjoyed being in her company but she knew it wouldn't last for to long which sucked.

Back