Non-Canon Destiny Effect

Status
Not open for further replies.
"Where to even begin..."

Vortex-25 exclaimed as she took a seat where Liara provided and began to speak.

"I was constructed on Earth, but probably not the Earth you know. I have a feeling I'm in another Universe entirely but... Everything back home is different than you'd think. Astronauts on Mars discovered a godly being which we later referred to as the Traveller and it set up home on Earth. It sped up our technology to the point of a Golden Age, allowing humanity to expand beyond the stars and colonize other planets. I was born in Russia or Old Russia as it's called now.

Everything was going great, until the Traveller's ancient enemy; the Darkness, found us. We were under attack from several alien races, including a robotic race that transforms everything into machinery, even the entirety of the planet Mercury. Until the Traveller chose to act.
"

Then her Ghost appeared and moved close to Liara.

"The Traveller created me, and other Ghosts, to create the Guardians; defenders of Humanity and the Traveller's Light. With me and the Ghosts, Guardians are chosen to defeat the Darkness and protect the Traveller.

I'm Vortex-25's Ghost, and we had accomplished numerous feats. We defeated the Darkness time and time again; to the point where we had slain literal Gods worshiped by an Alien race known as the Hive."

"We were investigating something called a Echo of Oryx; a phantom creation by one of said Hive Gods, Oryx, on one of Jupiter's Moons; Io. We were unable to defeat it due to the massive amount of enemies it had corrupted, and retreated to a Teleportation Gate. When we jumped through, we... arrived on Menae at the time your Commander was there."

@Jeremi

Liara listened intently to what Vortex was telling her, taking notes and not interrupting her at any point. Once she finished, Liara leaned back on the chair she had sat down on. “This…this is a lot to take in,” She sat back up and leaned forward towards Vortex. “But I believe you. In fact, I felt some parallels in what is happening to our world right now. We were on Mars not long ago trying to get our hands on vital information of our enemies, the Reapers.”

Liara pushed back her chair towards her computer causing an image of the massive Reaper to appear on the screen. “Much like one of the enemies you mentioned. The Reapers are machine abominations out to exterminate all organic life. We have been doing our best to stop them but…it’s quite dire I’m afraid. On every front we’re fighting and losing, meanwhile, the Reapers are gaining more ground and foot soldiers with each passing victory. Earth has become the main battlefield of the conflict. If Earth is lost, other planets and races will follow, I’m sure of it.

She looked Vortex right in the face. “Your arrival, however, perhaps you can help us? There has to be a reason you ended up here out of all places after all. You mentioned battling Gods, or, beings believing themselves to be Gods, tell me anything you might think is relevant. We are getting desperate for answers to eradicate the Reapers once and for all.”

@Raynar Saassin

"All I can tell you is that these Reapers are not something we have encountered before. The closest we've had to Reapers are the Hive and their Gods. Crota and Oryx were the two big bads of the lot."
"But we'll gladly offer our help. If that gate sent us here for a reason, then we can't just turn back and go home without knowing the outcome."
"When did you get all sentimental, Ghost?"
"After being with you."
"Touche."
"I can offer you all the information we have. It's the least I can do while we're here on your ship. How much longer until your Commander summons us?"

@Jeremi

Last edited:
"Considering everything that needs to be taken care of, he'll no doubt be a while." The orange hard light projection came to like on Liara's arm again. "Send me everything you have and I'll try and make some sense of it all."

@Raynar Saassin

"Of course. Ghost?"
"On it."

The Ghost flew over to Liara's arm and shot out a blue, wide light into it. Liara's Omni-Tool would find itself receiving numerous files and images of everything documented within the Ghost, which was pretty much everything. The ones that stood out the most was the ones tagged as Relevant: Hive; Crota, Son of Oryx; Omnigul, Will of Crota; Oryx, the Taken King; and Taken.

"I specifically tagged a few in there as that was relevant to what we had discussed."
"So the ones involving the Hive, Crota and Oryx?"
"The very ones, Guardian."

@Jeremi

“Thank you,” Liara replied looking very grateful for the information given to her. “I’m going to try and see what I can find and if there’s anything that will help us.”

“So here’s where you two are hiding.” The door to Liara’s room slid open revealing Shepard on the other end. “I hope you’ve been able to figure something out?”

Liara nodded. “Vortex has been very eager and upfront in giving us information, I’ll do my best to try and see what I can find that might help us.”
“Good,” Shepard nodded looking to Vortex. “I hope you don’t mind but in the meanwhile, we got another mission if you wish to help us, but I’d understand if you wanted some rest. Going from one world to another…that has to be straining on your systems. Robot or not.”

@Raynar Saassin

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back