Non-Canon Destiny Effect

Status
Not open for further replies.

Raynar Saassin

Multiverse RP'er
Benefactor
It was a new day on Earth. The Guardian known as Vortex-25 had returned to the tower after a Strike against the Cabal in the European Dead Zone; knocking out a powerful Cabal Arms Dealer. Returning after a successful mission, she was greeted by Ikora Rey.

"Miss Ikora, I wasn't expecting---"
"For me to welcome you back? I have been given disturbing reports from my followers in the Hidden that you need to see. If you'll please."
"O-Of course."

Vortex-25 followed her down the hallway past the Gunsmith and towards one of the Balconies where she worked. Vortex-25's Ghost decided to come out and also see what Ikora had to present.

"Reports have been coming in from my Hidden that a Echo of Oryx has been located on Io."
"An Echo of Oryx? I thought after we killed Oryx for the second time that they'd all disappear."
"I don't understand it myself, but it has been gathering all the Taken on Io to a remote Cave System which extends into a Vex Portal Network. Whatever's going on down there, we want you to shut it down. Your Ghost already has the co-ordinates."
"We'll put a stop to it, Ikora. Right, Guardian?"
"Right. Oryx needs to learn to stay dead."

Without a moment's delay, the Guardian and her Ghost jumped into their Jumpship and blasted off for Io. A few hours in light-speed travel and they had eventually arrived and landed on the Moon's surface once more:

View attachment 4698

"So, where do we start?"
"I'm detecting Vex and Taken signatures over in that Cave over there. Let's get moving."
"Right."

Pulling out her primary weapon; the Nameless Midnight Scout Rifle, she sprinted over to the Cave and made her way inside. She could already see the extent of the Echo's presence within the cave; inter-dimensional goop all over the place and on the ceiling, tears between the real world and the Ascendant Plain. Stepping in carefully, they eventually delved deeper into the Cave, now coming across Vex Architecture and inactive Gates.

"No sign of the Echo yet... Are you sure this is the right place, Ghost?"
"Positive. The readings---"

That was when the Echo revealed itself behind of them; spawning itself in.

View attachment 4697

"Surrender your light... To me!"
"Guardian, we gotta move!"
"We can take this thing down! We've done it befor---"

The Ghost cut her off as it motioned to behind the Echo as numerous Taken Forces began coming out of the goop on the floor and dropping from the Ceiling in mass numbers.

"---Yeah, okay I'm going!"

Utilizing the quick speed of Hunters, Vortex-25 sprinted, parkour'd and evaded past corner after corner through hallway after hallway in an attempt to evade the extremely large and dangerous Taken army. Fleeing at quick speeds, she eventually came across a oddly coloured Vex Gate. Her Ghost began scanning it to find out why it was coloured this way.

"This Gate must of had it's link severed. It's active but we don't know where it will take us."
"Are there any other ways out?"
"Not that I can see. I'm afraid this is our only point of escape."
"Well, let's do it then. We have no choice."

With all said and done, and with little time, she jumped through the Vex Gate.

===========================================================================================

When she jumped through, she found she wasn't on Io anymore...

View attachment 4699

She landed right in the middle of Palaven's Moon, a location in the Mass Effect Universe. Looking around, there were blasts being fired everywhere including giant walking machines prowling about the area. It was... a very unusual place for them to appear.

"Where... are we?"
"I don't know... But this is one hell of a crazy place. Blasts everywhere, those unknown things walking about blasting everything, strange flying things..."
"Definitely doesn't look like anything I've ever seen. My database---"
"Wait, look over there!"

Vortex-25 exclaimed to her Ghost as she spotted some individuals at what looks like a Forward Camp. They spotted a human in armour and some others, meeting with what looked like humanoid aliens. They looked like they were talking with each other in a central camp. Seeing them, Vortex-25 was thinking.

"Should we go and talk to them?"
"Why would we do that? We don't even know where we are!"
"Exactly. They can help us figure out what this place is, what those things walking around are, and how we can get back home!"
"...Sigh, fine. But if they shoot us, that's on you."
"I know."

After a reluctant agreement between her and her Ghost, she jumped down from a rocky cliff behind them and shouted in their general direction.

gpCRqfT.png

"Hey! You guys! Over there! Are you friendly!? Because nothing here looks friendly! At all!"
"(Why are we doing this again...)"

@Jeremi

If Vortex-25 was expecting a warm welcome she'd be disappointed as rifles and blasters were aimed at her. "Friend of yours, Commander?" One of the aliens spoke up. He looked like a weird combination of a bird and a lizard. She'd notice that most of the soldiers around here had a similar look to them.

"Negative," A man stepped up behind the guns to give Vortex-25 a closer look. They wore a full black armour with a N7 insignia on it. The way he spoke and held himself it was clear that he was military. "Never seen them in my life, but" He added. "They seem quite friendly."

"Or just dumb," Said another one of those bird looking aliens. "We're in the middle of a war here."

"I know that, Garrus," The man replied. "But they don't seem to realize that." He turned back towards Vortex-25. "I'm Commander Shepard. I don't recognize the armor or the gun. Where are you from?"

@Raynar Saassin

"(Well at least someone's friendly.) I'm from Earth. I'm a Hunter."
"(Are you sure you should just reveal that kind of information?)"
"(And what? Say that I'm a local when they clearly don't recognize my armour or my guns?)"
"(Good point.)"
"Umm... You said you're in the middle of a war? Are you fighting those giant tip-looking machines that are walkin' about like they own the place?"

Vortex-25 asked Shepard as she pointed to one of the two Reapers that were walking about. She really was in another place entirely, but at least this place has humans.

"Where exactly am I? I don't recognize your friends... at all, really, or you. One minute, I was on one of Jupiter's moons one minute fighting Taken, then I jumped through a Vex gate to find myself here of all places, with all of you aiming your guns at me like I'm a hostile."

@Jeremi

“Reapers, yeah,” Shepard replied. “You’re on Menae, one of Palaven’s moons. We’re here to help the Turian’s fight the Reapers and extract this man,” Shepard pointed to the first alien that had spoken up. “We need the General Adrien Victus, for the war effort, but we’re trying to rescue as many people as we can while we’re here.”

“Well, she says she’s human,” The alien what Shepard called Garrus narrowed his eyes at the orb floating around them. “I don’t suppose that’s an AI is it?”

Now, most of the guns were aimed at Vortex-25’s ghost. “You some sort of Geth spy? Reaper sleeper agent? Would explain the weird outfit and guns.”

“Let’s not jump to conclusions,” Shepard told the guards. “I’m from Earth as well but, like I said I don’t recognize anything that you’re saying. For the time being stick with us and we’ll figure this out when we have the general brought to safety.”

“I told you, commander,” Victus replied. “I’m not leaving until we save my men,”

“I haven’t forgotten,” Shepard gave a look at the soldiers as they nodded and lowered their guns. “I’ll take responsibility for her, you ended up smack dab in a mission briefing. I can tell all of this is weird to you but I think it’s best you stick with us for the time being.”

@Raynar Saassin

As soon as everyone raised their guns towards her Ghost, it nodded downwards.

"I'm a Ghost, actually."
"He's my partner. He's sorta the one who helps keep all my guns and stuff safe while I carry these ones around."
"I also open doors, analyse technology and hold a large amount of information inside of me. Also I'm her link to the Traveller."
"We'll explain our side soon enough, once we know things are safe, okay?"

That was when they questioned it and mentioned something about "Geth."

"Geth? What is that?"
"I'm guessing that's the robots of their world?"
"Look, I don't know what's going on here but we're not a threat to you. We only just got here and we're the ones with the most questions. It would be the best idea if we joined forces."
"Yeah, we could really use a tour guide around here. And judging from the fact you're fighting a full scale war against those things, you look like you need all the help you can get."

@Jeremi

“One human’s not going to matter in the long run,” Garrus quipped but Shepard motion Vortex-25 closer for the briefing.

“You were saying, general?” Shepard said to get it going again. The general gave the new character a quick look before turning back to Shepard.

“Yes, as I was saying. We need one final push to stop the Reaper insurrection and I’ll feel safe enough to join you on your mission, Commander.”

“Alright,” Shepard nodded. “What do you need us to do?”

“There’s one last bunker past that ridge over there. With men and equipment inside. While I know we’re at war and casualties are already staggering high, any people and resources we save go towards the war effort.

Shepard nodded and hustled Garrus and a big guy who hadn’t said much yet to follow him. “Alright you heard the General. One more mission and we’re out of here. And you as well,“ He turned towards Vortex-25. “I just realized I don’t know what to call you. What’s your name?”

@Raynar Saassin

"A bunker of supplies and troops? We can handle that no problem."
"Ghost?"
"What? We've handled similar missions on patrols. What says we can't handle one here?"
"Well, the fact that we're fighting an unknown force? We aren't exactly on Earth anymore, Ghost."
"I know that. But I still think we should do it. Not like we have a choice, we're stuck here."

That was when Shepard addressed her.

"My full name is Vortex-25. I'm basically a robot. But you can just call me Vortex."

She then turned to Garrus.

"Just you wait until you see me in action. Then you'll find out that I'm not as weak as you think I am."

@Jeremi

”Weakness is not what concerns me, it’s your intentions that have me worried. A human/robot falling into our laps just as we’re fighting against a bunch of squid robots.” Garrus gave her another look. “So I’d prefer if you wouldn’t stab me in the back, especially since you got the Commander to vouch for you.”

As these two were talking the more bulky human took Shepard aside out of earshot from Vortex. “You really sure about this? I haven’t been in the fight for long and I’m the newbie of the group.”

Shepard nodded. “I know what you’re going to say but I think that even if they’re an indoctrinated sleeper agent,” He briefly glanced over to Vortex. “Better to have an eye on her then leave her running around without any support. You understand what I’m saying, Vega?”

The bulkier man would nod. “I get ya Commander. Guess we gotta stay on our toes? Well…more than usual I suppose.”

@Raynar Saassin

"Oh come on. Do I look like the kind of girl to betray someone?"

That was when Vortex's Ghost flew over to Garrus and nodded towards him.

"She's fine. She's accomplished a lot of feats for humanity."
"Like how I've killed literal gods and parasitic machines?"
"Right... Anyway. I can answer any questions you have, Garrus. Anything in particular you want to know?"

Vortex in the meanwhile yelled over to Shepard.

"So, we heading out? I'm guessing time isn't something we can just waste. Besides, my Ghost wants to know if you have any questions about us."

@Jeremi

Garrus gave her Ghost a funny look. "Yeah, I'd rather not."

"We'll have questions for you, but we'll take them after we're done here." Shepard came up to the front again and lead the way. Soon enough traveling through the trenches they'd find themselves at the bunker.

"Awfully quiet for a battlefield," Garrus replied clutching his rifle firmly.

"Yeah, I don't like this," James remarked holding up his shotgun.

Shepard looked over the area before he motioned them to follow. "Be careful, let's try to not get caught off guard by any Husks or other Reaper soldiers."

@Raynar Saassin

"Fair enough. Let's get going."

After a fair amount of travel, they had arrived at the bunker. Vortex's Ghost flew out a bit and opened up. Everyone would notice that there was some kind of blue energy holding together it's pieces as it pulsated a few times before returning to its regular shape, flying back.

"I'm not detecting anything... No signs of life."
"Probably because they're machines?"
"Good point."
"Come on, Ghost. Let's push in first."
"What about Shepard, Garrus and the other one?"
"Come on. I'm a hunter! It's our job to scout out the area first. Why do you think the Vanguard sends us first before sending the Titans?"
"Sigh..."

She then walked forward, pulling out some kind of Revolver weapon from a holster on her leg and proceeded further into the bunker. Walking slowly, they would signal Shepard and his Squad to push forward using hand signals.

"This is too quiet."
"The first time where I'm not happy about that... Getting major vibes of Hive."
"Excuse me, Shepard?"

Her Ghost exclaimed as it flew towards him.

"What exactly are the forces that we're dealing with? You mentioned "Husks" and "Other Reaper Forces.""

@Jeremi

"Fair enough. Let's get going."

After a fair amount of travel, they had arrived at the bunker. Vortex's Ghost flew out a bit and opened up. Everyone would notice that there was some kind of blue energy holding together it's pieces as it pulsated a few times before returning to its regular shape, flying back.

"I'm not detecting anything... No signs of life."
"Probably because they're machines?"
"Good point."
"Come on, Ghost. Let's push in first."
"What about Shepard, Garrus and the other one?"
"Come on. I'm a hunter! It's our job to scout out the area first. Why do you think the Vanguard sends us first before sending the Titans?"
"Sigh..."

She then walked forward, pulling out some kind of Revolver weapon from a holster on her leg and proceeded further into the bunker. Walking slowly, they would signal Shepard and his Squad to push forward using hand signals.

"This is too quiet."
"The first time where I'm not happy about that... Getting major vibes of Hive."
"Excuse me, Shepard?"

Her Ghost exclaimed as it flew towards him.

"What exactly are the forces that we're dealing with? You mentioned "Husks" and "Other Reaper Forces.""

@Jeremi

"The Reapers use us as its footsoldiers," Shepard replied. "The Husks are humans turned into mindless beasts."

"Zombies, really. Now they've moved over to Turians as well." Garrus didn't seem too happy about that.

Before anyone could say anything else they could hear something from over the ridge.

"Husks!" James shouted as he opened fire towards it as more of them came running at them.​

@Raynar Saassin

"Holy shit. You weren't kidding..."

Vortex-25 exclaimed as she readied her trigger finger on her Revolver and proceeded to fire towards a group of Husks that were engaging her. As each one walked closer, she pulled the trigger but she found that she was facing an overwhelming group of them.

"Okay, I'm really getting Hive vibes here!"
"There's too many of them for us to deal with at once!"
"Aha. I know what to do."

Vortex-25 ran over to Shepard and the crew, taking cover behind a piece of rubble before nodding towards Shepard.

"Get ready!"

She then got up and out of cover, then proceeded to jump into the air, then jump again, then again for a third time. Once she made the final jump and was airborne, she then conjured up a bow made of some kind of purple energy. Spawning an arrow in the bow, she fired it towards the front of the Husks. Once it landed, it expanded into a small sphere of the same energy, and all of a sudden; tendrils shot out from it and latched on to most of the Husks within it's radius and would latch onto any more that approached it. The Husks would be incredibly slowed down by this process.

"I've given you an opening, shoot them!"

@Jeremi

Not biotics but something similar, Shepard thought to himself as he opened up fire towards the Husks. The help from Vortex made short work of them as the final Husks stumbled over and died midst the gunfire.

"Let's not stick around and see if there's any else coming. Let's get into that bunker and see what we can salvage."

@Raynar Saassin

"Right, the sooner we get in, the sooner we can get your general friend."

She nodded towards him as she kept her Revolver in hand and followed them in.

@Jeremi

The bunker was eerily quiet when they made their way inside the bunker. No lights so they had to use what light they had on them. “Be on your guard team, that goes for you to.” Shepard replied to Vortex. Though it came very clear as they ventured further in that there was no life signs just as Vortex had said.

There were no bodies either. “I got a bad feeling about this…” Garrus took point and pushed open a door. Not life since but a supple amount of ammunition and weapons. “There’s the equipment, but no soldiers…the general’s not going to like that.”

“At least they have their supplies. Come on, let’s go and report to Admiral Victus about the situation. Get some soldiers here to take what they can use.”

@Raynar Saassin

"What do you think he meant by that when looking at us specifically?"
"He was looking at you mainly, Guardian."
"Probably talking towards you, Little Light."
"Don't call me that."

She then looked towards Shepard.

"So what's next? What's our next destination?"

@Jeremi

“Head back where we began. Come on.” Despite a war raging on around them Shepard and his groups hike back went without a hitch and they soon were back at the base where Shepard told the Admiral of what they had seen.

“I see…well at least they have more supplies, if not men to use them. As promised Commander, I am all yours now.” After doing his final preparations, the Admiral joined them back to their ship. Seemed it was called the Normandy if the text on the side was any indication. The crew met them and Shepard told them what had happened and about their new little friend.

The shuttlebay area was vast and seemed the have pretty much everything what a ship would need.

Despite Shepards assurance, most of them seemed weary about Vortex joining them but trusted the Commanders' judgment on the matter. As they showed the Admiral around Shepard turned around to Vortex. “This is going to take a while, wait for me at the mess hall on the second floor.”

“Don’t worry,” A blue female looking alien stepped up to them.

“I’ll take good care of her.”

“Alright Liara, try to keep our new guest out of trouble alright?” Shepard replied before leaving with the Admiral.

“I’ve found the mess hall to be quite noisy at times,” Liara replied turning towards Vortex. “Perhaps my office will be better suited for some talking. I am Liara T’Soni. It’s a pleasure to meet you.”​

@Raynar Saassin

As Vortex-25 walked around, she noticed how much the crew of the Normandy didn't take too kindly to her appearance.

"They're as stiff to me as those people who live outside of the Last City."
"Well we did show up without reason and just integrated with them as if we were here all along."
"Ghost, why do you insist on making things worse?"
"Just an observation, Guardian."

After a while, Shepard told her to wait for him in the Mess Hall, but while that was to happen, Liara stepped towards her.

"Liara T'Soni. It's nice to meet you. I'm Vortex-25 but you can just call me Vortex. I'm an Exo."
"A robot, basically. And I'm his Ghost."
"Perhaps it would be best if we did go to your office. After you?"

@Jeremi

At the mentioning of her being a robot, Liara put out her arm as some sort of orange hard light construct formed on her arm. “Yes…” She fiddled on it for a moment before it vanished back into her wrist. “I can see that.” She motioned towards the elevator “If you’d follow me…” As they entered Liara pressed a button that made the elevator go upwards and as it stopped Liara stepped out. Vortex could tell that this was probably the mess hall with some of the crew eating food as they stepped out. Liara motioned her to follow to the side where another door slid open revealing an office and lab area. “Please, take a seat.” There was a chair in the middle of the chaos where Vortex could sit down. “So, the Commander tried to explain as best as they could about your situation but, I’d like to hear it from you. Where are you from?”

@Raynar Saassin

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back