Song basis: My immortal & Broken!

0ba07c5d5849a563193e0880a07bebe2.jpg

Ambrose Devonshire
112 (looks 24 at least)
d6da2db0a5215945483726da22aea236.jpg

Male
Vampire

9582b9d770469da9dcc6458fa6e33307.jpg

Quiet, Dark, Brooding. Those are the things that describe Ambrose at first sight. Ambrose is a very loving man, but because he is a vampire he tends to stay to himself. He longs for a neverending love, one that would last forever. He can tend to be a bit blunt sometimes, standoffish even. Wanting to get close to someone but not being able to do that causes this.
History to be revealed
9bc0d0ad799fd4351af9fe0481757f42.jpg

0619-allure-cover-shoot-emilia-clarke-marina-moscone-dress.png

Name: Emily Larson
dd34c13628a9ddf4e862b328582afe5f.jpg

Female
Human (for now)
emilia-clarke-biography-filmography-sexy-photosll9.jpg

Friendly, polite, works hard, isn't really looking for a relationship believes that when the time is right she will find Mr. Right and things will just fall into place the way it should be. Emily is a loyal person, if she says you matter then you matter, though once you get on her bad side it's hard to win back her trust and loyalty, best bet is to stay on her good side.
History to be revealed.

The Triple Bean Coffee House was not nearly as packed as it usually was on this particular Friday evening, then again it wasn't quite 9PM yet. This coffee house usually stayed open till three in the morning on weekends since it was close to the college campus. After nine was when it got crazy. Emily was working to pay her way through college. A scholarship only went so far. Her scholarship was in clothing design but she was considering trying something else that would cost a little extra, magazine editor. She had an exam coming up and felt a little frazzled with work and exams. She was starting out the door to the patio area with a drink tray in her hands when she nearly collided with a man who was just coming into the place.

Ambrose walked down the street, he hated nights in the town. It was always too crowded, loud, and plenty of obnoxious people. It would have been easier if he didn't stand out all the time, but his curled brown locks and crystal blue eyes drew attention. He needed coffee, leaving his house was seeming more and more like a bad idea. Usually, he would brew himself a cup of cappuccino in his kitchen, but he had forgotten to restock his supply many weeks prior. Because he was a novelist there was no real need for him to leave, he had made enough money in his many many years being alive to support himself for eons to come if needed.

His consequence of being forgetful meant he would have to leave the sanctity of his home to find a good pick me up. He was grateful when he saw the sign, Triple Bean Coffee House. He had searched up local coffee houses before leaving, wasting time wasn't in his preference. Walking into the coffee shop he looked around at the small booths and tables that covered the area, glancing at the menu he didn't notice the smaller woman until she almost ran into him. He held her shoulder's gently to keep from knocking her over, moving his hands away he looked down at her. "I'm sorry, Are you alright?" His voice was deep and lulling even, his blue eyes peeked at her with curiosity as well as slight concern.

Simultaneously they spoke, "Oh my gosh I am SO sorry, I didn't see you. Did I get any on you?" Then she kind of laughed as his words sank in. She nodded her head, "I am fine. Let me deliver these drinks then I'll get you whatever you want. It's on me, since I nearly ran you over." she indicated her tray and nodded toward the patio where her customers were looking on and chatting with each other, probably about how absent minded and distracted she was.

As Emily Larson turned her attention back to the man in front of her she was struck nearly breathless as her eyes met his amazing blue eyes, he was good looking and a good height, well in her opinion. Then she mentally shook herself, she couldn't get attracted to anyone right now. She had exams to prepare for and things she wanted to accomplish. She cleared her throat, "Yeah, um, theirs a table right over there that's in my section, and there's menus on the table. I'll be right there, and like I said, this one is on me." she bustled away with a smile his direction as she went to deliver the tray she'd nearly made him wear.

Ambrose felt a jolt when he met her eyes and rubbed his neck, "No, no you're fine." He looked at the tray of coffee trying to give a small smile. Why did he feel so awkward all of a sudden, and what was that jolt? When she said she would have his drink on the house he wanted to protest but felt like he shouldn't. Ambrose followed her gaze to the other customers, she was... beautiful. As plain as humans normally was, she seemed to stand in striking contrast against them. She looked like a pixie, deep blue eyes, waves, and curves...

Ambrose shook his head and pulled his thoughts from the girl, he didn't have time for this. Not to mention she was a human, as much as he would like to strike up a conversation and ask her out to dinner. That just wasn't going to happen. He sighed internally and looked down at her again as she walked up to him, glancing at the table as she spoke. "Oh, uhm alright. But, you really don't have to. It was as much my fault as your miss." Ambrose watched her walk away and settled for sitting at the table, picking up the menu he glanced over the items on the laminated paper. What was he doing, he was just supposed to get a coffee too. So why had he chose to sit at the table?

After she delivered the drinks to the patio Emily hurried back inside to take the man's order, as she approached his table she reached up behind her ear and took out her pen, her notepad was already laid on the tray she held in front of herself, "Hi, my name is Emily and I'll be your waitress. What can I get for you?" she asked officially giving him her name as per her instructions with the job. She'd directed him to this table so she could be sure it was herself that waited on him and not someone else or someone at the main register, she felt the need to compensate him after she almost dumped other drinks all over him.

Of course she didn't admit it to herself but she wanted to hear his voice again. Something about him drew her in but she tried to fight it off and ignore it. She didn't want to get in relationship, besides a guy like him probably had a girlfriend and if he didn't he probably already had a long list of applicants for the job. Emily certainly didn't want to add to that list.

Ambrose glanced up at her when she spoke and gently laid the menu on the table. Emily. The name seemed to float over his mind like waves, he cleared his throat as though it might help rid his mind of these ridiculous thoughts. " A cappuccino would be fine. Please, Emily." He gave her a small smile, her name rolled off his tongue like honey. "And really, I don't mind paying for it. That was just as much my fault." He picked up the menu and glanced it over once more before holding it out to her politely. He didn't know why he was pushing himself to speak so much.

He wanted to speak to her, wanted to have a conversation, and maybe, later on, take her out to dinner. He pulled his gaze back to the table, he couldn't risk that. her voice was sweet like bells in his ears. And she was breathtaking, all the more reason he should have asked her for the drink to go and left. Emily. Her name kept playing in the recesses of his mind.

His voice was a balm to her jangled nerves, and not because she'd nearly collided with him but because she was nervous about her exams and the internship she was aiming toward, when he said her name she had to fight of the urge to turn to a pile of Jello at his feet. Instead she gave him a smile, tinged with tiredness, "I should have been paying attention to where I was going, so it's more my fault, than yours. My mind seems to be in too many places tonight." why did she tell him that? what was she thinking? she did another one of those mental shakes, "I'll be right back with that order." she said as she headed off to put in his order.

Ambrose rose a brow and dared himself to glance into her eyes, his own crystal blue eyes scanned her face as she spoke. She seemed, to be stressed. He could see it in the smallest of movements, hear it in her voice. Why was he so hyperfocused on this woman, what was it about her that made him want to keep her to himself. He was grateful when she left if not a bit upset by the lack of her presence. He glanced at her frame as she walked away, giving himself a mental slap he pulled his gaze away from her. He needed to work on his novel, he had made little progress. Pulling a small notepad out of his pocket he placed it on the table grabbing a small pen from his jacket pocket and held it in his hands.

Ambrose ran a hand through his brown curls staring at the blank page, so far he had only come up with a title. The Void, he had no plot, no storyline. And he barely had the characters to develop the story. As it stood most of his novels were quite popular, is based on his own life he used his own history as a basis for his 'fantasy' novels. At least that's what his editor referred to it as. Ambrose had chosen to publish his books by his own name, but his face was still unknown to the masses thankfully. His brain seemed dead without caffeine, not that he actually needed it. It had become more habit than anything else. He clasped his hands and leaned his chin into his fists as he thought.

When the drink order was ready Emily picked it up, along with one of her favorite flavor of brownies they sold, it was a chewy chocolate fudge brownie with a caramel drizzle, for some reason she felt the need to give him a little something extra, as she brought over the treat and his drink order she noticed his notepad and his look of concentration. Suddenly she had a desire to find out more information, she glanced at her watch, she was due a break. Emily glanced back at one of her co-workers, 'Let Eugene know I'm taking my break.' she told the girl before moving off.

"Here you go." she said as she set down his drink, "I hope you like brownies. I brought you one of my favorites." she set down the plate with a small napkin and a fork then nodded at his notebook, "The dreaded 'homework'? I'm on break right now, I can help, maybe." she offered indicating the chair across from him. She didn't know his name or anything about him, just assumed he was attending the college nearby, yeah she new it was dumb to assume but this place was pretty popular with the college crowd.

When she set the drink in front of him her spared her a glance, his hands were still folded in front of him. Glancing at the chocolate sweet he pulled his gaze back to her, "Thank you, Emily. I can't say I'm a big fan, but there's no harm in trying." There it was her name lie honey in his mouth. He didn't mind sweets, after living as long as he did food began to taste the same. The enthusiasm or thrill of eating was lost to him. It was why he preferred drinks, they constantly changed and had a distinct taste he could never rid himself of. When she referred to his notebook he gave a small chuckle. "You could say that. Feel free to sit, I suppose some help might prove useful." Ambrose paused, what was he doing inviting her to sit with him. It had been made clear that she was a college student, though he had assumed she was. Most of the people in this town were either older people or students at the nearby college.

Ambrose lowered one of his hands to pick up the cup glancing at her, why had he allowed her to sit with him. And why was he so eager to talk to her? He took a small sip of the coffee closing his eyes at the taste, he wasn't sure if the coffee was that good or if it was just the company. He considered introducing himself and quickly thought against it. There was nothing he could gain in getting closer to her. Nothing he could do in the event that they continued talking, it wasn't as though he planned to come back to the coffee shop.

She loved hearing her name come from his lips, "The chocolate with caramel drizzle is my favorite one." she said as she pulled out the chair across from him, surprised he'd agreed to let her sit, "I am taking clothing design, interior design and just started a course for magazine editor. So I can help with stuff like that." Okay.... was she just trying to get him to tell her what his notebook was about or just randomly spitting out her course.

Why did she feel like she needed to spill everything to him. Emily gave herself another mental shake,
"So, what are you working on?" she asked.

Hearing her talk about her classes he gave a small smile, she was a designer and an editor. Her design skills might help in making a cover but her needed ideas for the story itself. Being an editor, that was a lot more useful. Though it was for a magazine it meant her as creative. Ambrose stopped his line of thinking, since when did he say he was going to let her help? When she asked what he was working on he brought his focus back to her. Thinking about his choice of words he picked up the fork and took a small bite out of the brownie. It tasted like sugar, but he didn't hate it. Making sure to chew and swallow before he spoke he brought his gaze back to her.

"A novel. Though I have no idea where to start. So for I've only written the title." His words trailed off, when was he speaking to her so freely he was already telling her more information than he normally cared to share. Why did he like her company? And why the hell did her lips look so delectable?

"hmm, well I've never tried a novel... wait, you're not a student at any of the colleges are you?" well wasn't that her luck, most of the college guys she'd met were jerks who just seemed to want to party and not get serious about their education. Though there were a few she'd met that were focused and driven on their chosen courses.

"So, if you don't mind my asking what is the title you've come up with?" she asked getting her head back into the conversation. She toyed with the edge of the table cloth as they talked, it was nice to have a conversation that wasn't about work or school and she didn't want the conversation to end, but she'd have to get back to her shift soon. Her break only had about 10 minutes left. She couldn't help but hope to see him again.

Ambrose shook his head lightly at her question, taking another bite of the brownie he glanced at the table. "No, I'm not...I finished a few years back." Of course, he didn't know if he could consider it a lie. Every few years, he would have to take a few college courses. He couldn't exactly use his degree from the 1900s. He lifted the small cup to his lips again taking a sip, when she spoke he glanced up at her over the cup, swallowing the liquid he put the cup down.

"The Void. The title is as far as I've gotten. Not much progress. I can't figure out anything else besides it." He glanced at her hands fiddling with the edge of the table, the focused his eyes back on her. Ambrose took another bite of the brownie, staring at her. Was she nervous to be around him? Did she sit with all her customers like this? A pang of jealousy ran through him at the thought. His hand froze and he lowered it back to the table. Why was he jealous, she wasn't his. And it wasn't like she could be, to begin with. Why did he feel like he wanted to see more of her, wanted to speak with her just a little longer?

A thoughtful look crossed her features, "Hmmm, well what is the plot of this novel? Where are you wanting to go with it?" she asked trying to get a feel of the book he was working on to see if she could offer some suggestions, "My break is over in about five minutes but I can help brainstorm if you like. Will you be around for a bit or are you in a hurry to get back.." she trailed off, "to whatever, or whoever." the last bit was said softly, as if in an after thought.

"If you are in a hurry I am here most nights, my shift ends at 10:30PM on weekdays and midnight on weekends, if you want to stop by. I am here starting at 3PM, morning classes you know." Okay so it was a blatant invitation to come back, to see her, and she see him again, what could she say she enjoyed his company. He may have a girlfriend and she may never see him again but she didn't mind. She hoped he'd come around more, a little crazy for her to think that since he'd still not give her his name.

((Check your discord, my dear.))

Last edited:
"There is no plot. Only the title so far...I don't really have any ideas yet." Ambrose let his words trail off as he spoke bringing his eyes up to spare her another glance. When she informed him that her break was over and asking if he would stay or leave, catching the mumble under her breath with his heightened senses, he looked at his watch. He had nowhere to be except home, and it wasn't as though anyone was waiting on his anyways. Looking up from his watch he smiled softly at her. "I was planning to stay a few more minutes. My cat Archemedis is at home waiting for dinner." Ambrose rubbed his neck internally cursing himself.

Why did he mention he had no one to go home to except his cat, he brought his hand from his neck and leaned on his arm. Hearing her almost obvious invitation he tapped his cup, lifting it to finish the liquid inside. "Then I'll be back tomorrow, I look forward to your help Emily." Standing up he moved his fork to sit on the plate next to the half-eaten brownie and pulled out his wallet. Place two twenty's on the table he smiled at her again, his blue eyes almost taunting. "If you won't accept it for the coffee, consider it a tip for being good company." Ambrose nodded his head to her politely, "Have a nice evening Miss Emily." Ambrose walked outside being careful to avoid the people around the patio and started making his way down the street.

He needed to get a handle on himself, saying he'll see her tomorrow. He must have really lost his senses.

Well that was interesting to only have a title and no direction to go with it, then again she could understand that, some days she had a general idea of the kind of content she wanted to see in the campus magazine but wasn't sure how to go about it, maybe it wasn't the same thing but she understood where he was coming from. A cat? She loved cats and the name, Archemeadis was really awesome. She would love to met said cat. WAIT... where the heck did that come from, she barely knew the guy, let alone well enough to be invited to visit his cat. Once more she found herself mentally giving herself a 'wake the F up' shake.

"Aww, well heaven forbid you leave that sweet baby waiting." she said with a smile as she stood up and reached to collect his cup as he finished it, for a split second feeling a wave of sadness as first he said he would stay and then he said he'd see her tomorrow and stood to leave, she'd first thought he was tapping his cup for a refill. Her sadness quickly turned to joy as it sank in that he would return to hear her thoughts on his novel. Emily thought she hid her happiness at his promise of returning and how his use of her name caused her heart to flutter, and suddenly what he said about her company and the green that flashed from his wallet to the table sunk in and she couldn't hide the shock and huge grin that hit her face, "But, that's more than enough..." but she didn't get any further than that because he was walking away from her. She quickly picked up the money and put it in her pocket. She would hold up her end of the promise and not use this money toward the drink and brownie.

Ambrose chuckled at her words before he left. He knew he had tipped her a big amount, it wasn't like he needed it. And any college student who spent their nights working rather than partying needed the money. He had donated plenty of funds to the nearby colleges because of it. But, that didn't mean everyone was fortunate enough to get that money. Emily. Her name played like a song through his head, he was thankful he hadn't given her his own. Though he wondered what his name would sound like coming from her soft lips.

Ambrose shook his head, sighing he knew he shouldn't think about her. He shouldn't have said he was coming back tomorrow, he couldn't even leave his house during the next morning without getting a migraine or sunburn. Ambrose walked into his house closing the door behind himself with a click of the lock. Being a vampire was a detriment at times, he felt like a prisoner in his own home. Vampires were portrayed as either sparkling moody teenagers or demons than burn in the sunlight, the reality was simple. A severe allergy to garlic and the sunlight, rather than burning and turning to dust Ambrose would get a migraine or very bad sunburn.

Reaching in his pocket he grabbed his keys, phone, and notepad with its pen and placed it on his dining room table. Going to the kitchen he poured Archemeadis a bowl of food before heading to be to sleep the morning away. Showering and climbing in his bed he laid and thought about Emily from the coffee shop until he drifted into a nice sleep.

Back