Dispensations

Lazzamore

WAAAAAAAAAA-
You are cold. You didn't think it was possible, you've never felt this way before. Cold. But this far out away from the surface of Avren, out here in the void, you are a bit cold. You have been falling for a while now, and the world (your world) floats below you. The void has never truly had an up or down, yet somehow, perhaps by the Allfather, their is now a 'down' and it is taking you to your new home.

Below you, you can spot an arctic cap, and a ring of land made of two peninsulas. Island-continents spiral out from it, dotting the outer sea. The inner sea was remarkably bowl like, with no islands at all, just deep blue ocean.

The two arms of land met on top of the globe in white, icy outcroppings stretching into the horizon. Nothing seemed to live their, or anywhere; though from this high up it would be hard to spot the more primitive forms of life.

Just below on the east peninsula, the white glacier-mountains turn to dense green foliage, hundreds of miles of forest. It made you think you were getting close, but on excited closer inspection, you were still a ways out. It was the tree's themselves: they were massive! like mountains all to their own!

The further south one gets on this peninsula, the thinner the mega-forest becomes, and the less vibrant...

The West Peninsula had a very different layout. Much, much longer, the east arm reached down to about the equator, while this arm easily stretch below it, and then back up again to meet the first arm.

Below the northern glaciers, there were golden plains. The wide landscape on this side had few mountains, and a lot of open space. And then, following these plains with your eyes, dark rock-spires and crags even taller then the mega forest and glaciers cut out of the plains, ending on the other side were dry, brown savanna and deserts co-mingling along the equator, and even on the parts that dip below it.

You start to gain some free control: you can guide your own movement now, and just as it hit you that you can go anywhere here, something else becomes apparent: This world does not like you. The Old gods of this place are well aware of your presence, and loath it with profound perversion... But your home. Where do you land?

Bollduilk rocketed through the sky in a ball of flame, his curled form guided by Joan hair as it whipped around him, guiding his form through the atmosphere and onto the planet below. Flames curled around his waking form as the planet’s atmosphere reacted to his presence, his arrival illuminating the sky like a second sun as he rocketed downwards and into the golden plains.

The ground rocked with his arrival, Earth shattering and crashing as flames spread for miles, leaving blackened land and a raging inferno around the crater he had left. A hand, titanic in its size, reaches over the lip of the crater, leaving furrows in the dirt as it found purchase.

A second hand joins it, and tentacles of flame burst from beneath the lip of the crater, spreading into the earth and raising Bollduilk, the flame of conflict to inspect the world around him. The god of ambition and conflict towered above all upon the plains, and his mere presence intensified the flames around him.

Glancing around, Bollduilk focuses upon that feeling he could fee from the very core of this planet. That hatred. The disgust. It fuelled him. Sent shivers of eagerness through him. He did so love competition, and the have the whole planet against him from the get go? He was looking forward to what he could achieve.

But first, he hadn’t to ascertain if there were any other deities around, whether it be Old God or one of his siblings. Comrades? Whatever they were. He couldn’t very well begin his plans if he wasn’t going to be interrupted before even getting started.

Judj

Judj decended down to the dark rock spires and crags of the world, in the form of a mighty combination of a lion, eagle, bat, scorpion and antelope. A mighty manticore, the largest that has ever been seen, steps from the tops of the mountains. He is the god of penitence, punishment and justice and the monsters of the mountains were drawn to him as their pride leader. From his mountain top perch, Judj can look throughout the world from this location and from there he would begin his plans to rid the world of the guiltless criminal. The manticore god lets out a feriocous roar that rang for dozens of miles, announcing his arrival in this forsakened world.

----------

Viridecil

Viridecil had arrived in the center of the dense greenery of the mega-forests. The goddess was less impressive and smaller then her siblings, as she was only the size of a human and by herself she was vulrable to attack. Even with her bark scales, she was easily spotted by the many colored berries and seeds found in her hair. The cold of the void had weakened her and Viridecil had no way of defending herself, unlike the other gods. She needed to find others to protect her and with what little of her powers she could access, she sensed the presenter of mortals nearby. With this knowledge in mind, she began moving towards them.

Sin exited the rift that had held him for years to find himself approacgiap the planet below, his mind still reeling from the change of realms he didn't so much decide where to go as he nudged it in whatever direction he felt was best.
He plummeted through the atmosphere, his own powers shrouding his body in darkness and hardening it before impact.
He impacted into a icy glacier, the ice shattering and breaking from the impact which was heard for miles if anyone was around to hear it. The darkness around him abated, and he stood the white ice and snow having been made into a crater. He looked around his face holding a neutral expression, he could feel the malice around him, it felt like the ice itself wanted him gone. He wondered where his brethren had ended up after he had been sepersepa from them.
He stepped forward, darkness eminating from his feet and hardening, he moved upwards, the darkness acting as stairs. After getting to a sufficient height, he looked alrund for any signs of life or anything else. But all he saw was blank white all around, all of it wanting him gone.

Umut had never felt cold before, but he felt it now...it was a new feeling that he very much didn't like. His displeasure, however, was soon masked by his sudden surprise at the world that lay below him as he barreled down, a much more favorable environment compared to the void he had previously been in.

A foggy memory of his brethren worked itself to the surface of his mind as he plummeted toward the surface of the world and guided himself toward the mountainous region, feeling as if he was supposed to enter this new life at that precise spot.

He crashed to the ground, leaving a large crater with a fine stone dust raining down on him. he shook these fine grains off and climbed out the crater created by his landing, looking across the strangely dark and desolate rock-hewn land and seeing none of his brothers or sisters.

((Sorry this took so long guys, long post and I got busy and went out in the middle of it!))

Bollduilk:

The field stretched on for miles, endlessly into the horizon it went toward the north, east and west. Not far to the south, however, black mountains rose up, impossibly steep. He might hear something like a roar, if he listens closely... Or perhaps it is merely wind.

From the west cotton tuft and the smell of wild grain was heavy in the air, oddly sickeningly sweet. Too sweet, and it was laced in molds, as if in thousands of years it had by-in-large not been eaten. Not a single grazing beast was to be found near his landing. The wind shifted and a northern cold breeze blew through: it carried no mold, and much less cotton and grain was detected. Moreover, though feint, evidence of animal life could also be detected.

@TheGreenerGrey

Judj:

At first, their was silence. As if the world had no acknowledgement of the sound made by Judj. Then there was. The earth shook, and a voice was heard from the deep places, far below.

"Begone, interloper." came a hoarse, womans voice. "This is my land! I will not have my home desecrated, this land serves me. I am it's only queen. You are young, godling, I can sense it... Take advice from an Elder. Find another fool to rob of her birthright."

Presence was felt around Judj. Small goat-like humanoids with bat wings, hideous in form and spirit, peeked out from the mouths of caves around him. They bore no weapons, but there were legions of the Impish creatures. Judj could see in their eyes no free will, or even a desire for free will, though they may have once had it...

Viridecil:

The forest was impossibly huge and dark. The Oak trees stood miles high, but any other type of tree barely grew at all. in fact, not even plants such as grass could do well in the soil covered in acorns. After some time, Viridecil could smell campfire, telling her she was moving in the right direction.

Then she heard an odd sound. Something like unearthly laughter, coming from a young woman, not unlike giggling. "Hel-lo... Are you new?" the source of the sound was a slightly-built and gorgeous young woman with a dress of woven green ivy vines, and a crown made out of a wreath of oak branches, smiling warmly. "My name's Viv. I've never seen a thing like you, and I'd imagine I wouldn't have seen you at all if not for my own queens intervention, right? Don't be alarmed. I'm a diplomat... My Mother just wants to talk, if you'd come with me."

@ChelonianCommander

Sin:

The tundra and glaciers around Sin were frigid and empty. Aside from the rare mutilated corpse, there were no signs of life in these lands.

Then, the sounds of a creature like a seal were heard; This beast however did have the countenance of a seal, or if it did it was hard to tell. At the bank of a icy lake, the creature contorted it's blubbery body into an unrecognizable, screaming mound, and proceeded to try to gnaw itself to death, it's eyes blank white with cataracts and wide with otherworldly confusion.

It was as if the creature had completely lost the instincts it was born with and given disgusting new ones... Sin might realize he was looking at more then one creature. It was seal on the outside, but something else, something awful had taken hold within.

@Azathoth

Umut:

Their were many caverns here, indications of life inhabiting them. Umut had gone unnoticed, or at least noticed the presence of the other deities first. "Creatures" moved about beneath him. He could feel their presence... But not any hope or willpower. They were moving north, and in the distance Umut could hear voices that were not of mortals, following a mighty earth-moving roar.

@Day

Since watched the creature, his face showing no signs of emotion, but inside he was angry, angry that a creature was killed before it's appointed time. He knew however that intervening wasn't in his best interest currently, as this wasn't his domain, not yet, and doigd anything without his siblings was tantamount to suicide.
Instead he watched in hidden anger at the act, who ever was causing this would pay on day, he'd make sure of that.
Creating more shadow beneath him, he sat and closed his eyes, "You can continue to torture the creature or we can speak, your choice." He said, almost to no one, but he knew someone was listening.

Last edited:
Sin:

Screaming pierced the air. Not in agony, but it was painful. Not in fear, though it was scared... It was screaming the ravings of a lunatic. The seal and Sin were the only ones to hear it. The seal froze, and Sin made out an old woman's voice rambling incoherently through the screaming. "I'm free", "Stupid- I'm a fool" "Dance for me now!" and a myriad of other fairly imposing things were hear jumbled together. Finally the raspy old voice spoke directly at Sin in a moment of clarity. "You come to ME. You INTERFERE with MY REALM!" Sin could almost hear fists being thrust out in mad fashion. "I AM LAASIS. I am goddess of ill-logic and the insane, and don't stop dying!!" It was unclear at first if she was even talking to Sin, but the seal continues eating itself, so at least half of that was towards the seal. "What business have you here?!"

@Azathoth

Umut sensed the poor creatures beneath him, noticing that the caverns were their homes in the deep darkness of the mountain. He didn't have to know what they were or how they were made into what they were to know that their minds were enslaved to an immensely powerful being, a rumbling shaking the ground around him lightly. Deep within him, he felt the urge to help these creatures despite their seemingly vile creation he couldn't stand by while their minds were enslaved helplessly to some bully.

After a short time, the rumbling had stopped and he was able to stand flat-footed, before having to counterbalance against the quaking. He decided to follow his gut and the creatures northward, toward the source of the rumbling from before and perhaps the source of the terrifying animalistic roar he had heard echoing through the terrain.

@Lazzamore

Judj

Dozens off strange creatures erupt from the mountains. They wanted to retake what Judj had claimed and the Manticore god did not care for them. With a single roar, he orders his pride to begin attacking the creatures. They were small and weak and the manticores were strong, being able to tear them apart with teeth, talons and tail. The dozens of Manticore have started to rend through the humanoids with relative ease. He swings down his giant paw, crushing many of the creatures underneath before speaking to the old goddess. "This land is now mine old one. This is my domain. All prey in this region belongs to my pride and this land will be my staging ground for a new war to bring new law to this realm!" He continued to fight along with his pride. Every beat of Judj's wings moved the clouds and every step he took quaked the earth with his immense physical strength and with each strike a dozen or more of the imps died.

----------

Viridecil

Viridecil was introduced to a woman named Viv. Some kind of creature sent by the old gods no doubt. While Viridecil was tempted to go, she wasn't a fool. The offer was likely a trap, or worst. She didn't know if the god who sent this creature knew of her weakened state, but it would be better if she were to keep that secret for as long as she can. She ignored the offer and continued on her way towards the smell of burning wood to what is sure to be a settlement of mortal beings. Still as she left Viv, a thought lingered in her head. Whatever god or goddess who resides in the knew of presence so she must act fast. Luckily it seems to be spring so if she can convince this group of mortals to follow her words, then she slowly grant them her knowledge and gifts of agriculture until they are ready for the fall and winter months.

Cold. It was similar to heat, in many ways. This void was a sheet of darkness scattered with points of light. A strange world of inverses. Kos drifted through this odd and empty place, pulled by a divine chain towards a great sphere of radiance. A hundred stars shot past, Kos flying faster and faster. He braced, shield aimed for the ground. In this silent void, the noise was gone. It was peaceful here. A shame he would soon leave it.

The cursed planet approached. Flames began to lick at Kos' iron body. In the black crags, where Manticores slaughtered imps in droves, a brilliant light filled the grey sky. A sphere of fire dropped from heaven as a meteorite the size of a building streaked down, smashing through a spire and sending a deafening shockwave across the landscape. It landed with a earth-shattering roar, gouging a grand scar from the stone. In the midst of red-hot stones, the screech of a hundred sheets of metal filled the air. Burning white-hot, Kos rose from his crouch, leaning on a sword longer than two humans. The stone hissed as his feet scraped the sides of the crater. Three steps, and the god of metal and creativity had stepped upon the earth.

And what did he witness? Hundreds of dead bodies, scattered across the stone like a farmer sowing seeds. Evil was thick in the air. It seems Kos had come late: already, there was a battle between his brother and one of the fiendish Old Gods.

Umut walked with a large amount of care, not wanting to run into the beast that had released the roar. A blinding pulsing light slowly began growing steady and brighter, rocketing toward the ground in its hulking mass. He blinked against the light and only for a moment shifted into his more powerful form, large wings folding over his wings to protect his eyes from the flash and his ears partially form the grating noise of the colossus landing on the spire of rock.

This newcomer excited him much more than the thought of following those beasts for a moment, the massive metal body fascinating in shape and size. Within a few moments, he saw the being as a friend, the metal giant seeming to feel the evil around them as much as he could. "Hello, there brother! It's good to see I'm not alone here on this horrible planet, I assume you entered much the same way I did?" he spoke louder than he should have he could tell, thinking that the man's height would change his hearing somehow, admiration could already be heard in the voice of the now human-looking god.

Kos looked down at this creature. It spoke at him. Little tunnels all over his head snapped open, beating against rods inside Kos' head. Suddenly, there was sound, tinny, but acute. "-brother! It's good to see I'm not alone here on this horrible planet, I assume..."

Kos paused, letting air fill a great set of bellows in his chest. He opened his mouth, and the bellows compressed. Air flowed through a multitude of pipes and sacs all throughout his throat, and erupted from his mouth. A low, but incredibly loud voice bellowed out. "What is the name of this world?" It boomed across the landscape, echoing off the mountains. A few imps clutched their heads in agony as their eardrums popped from the force of it. There was some whirring, and Kos spoke again, with a much more appropriate volume. "What is your name, demigod?" Kos began to walk toward his shining brother. His white-hot body began to cool, revealing patterns resembling clouds and stone spires beaten into the metal. His massive sword and shield dragged against the ground.

Bollduilk turned his head, following the scent to the west. That sound from the south had certainly ingridued him, but if he wished to establish a base of power here whatever was causing that smell would have to go. It was the smell of rot. Decay. Fortunately, he was uniquely equipped for dealing with such a problem.

Standing to his full height, the Titan of flame strides across the plains towards the west, following that sickly sweet scent that was entirely devoid of animals. Where he strode, flames erupted with renewed vigour and power, following as his cut a swathe through future battlegrounds.

He needed to make sure that he claimed his own territory, and quickly. He knew he was a young god, and thus not as powerful as the elders in terms of brute strength, but there were ways around that.

An inferno roared as he went west.

Sin could tell that the ravings of this mad being would never get anywhere quickly, so he decided to answer as honestly as he felt.
"I've come as a herald for the new age of the gods, for now I seek only to get my bearings, later however, I will with my siblings overthrow the elder gods."
He paused, "And before you continue your mad ravings, and cruel and unnatural torture of these creatures, know that I won't be so gentle when I return if you continue." He opened his eyes, which showed a cold and calm expression. This elder god may be strong, and he may have been in it's domain, but it was tresspasing in his, and that wouldn't stand.

Last edited:
Viridecil:

Viridecil lost her follower quickly. Only shortly did the woman try to get her attention before giving up and leaving, as though something told her not to push it. It was not long before she found the source of the smell; a campfire indeed, but whatever Viridecil anticipated, it wasn't this. Fifteen humans sat around the fire, roasting various animals, fungi and plantlife. They are sparsely dressed and had intricate patterns painted on there bodies with mud body paint. They looked hungry, and tired.

The humans, unable to see Viridecil until she let them, took an amount of roasted tree-bark with a very strong smell. They then placed it on the foot of the great oak they camped at the foot of, along with half of the food they had with them. This left them with less then enough to feed themselves, but they seemed willing to do this none-the-less.

They began to leave, eating what little they had and making their way further into the forest.

Judj, Umut, Kos:

The imps were easy to kill, but harder to hit. If one thing could be said positive about a creature with a will totally broken, it's that they can stay in a beautifully perfect formation, and nothing seems to scare them more then the force invisibly directing them.

Eventually imps stopped coming out of the caves, and even retreated. For a moment it seemed Judj had won, and quickly at that. But then the moment passed...

"INTERLOPERS..." Hissed the voice. "You think you can simply take what is owned by Lutune?? I am the rightful goddess of this world! NOTHING WILL CHANGE THIS." She almost seemed short of breath, as though the hate in her voice caused her to exhale more then inhale.

The three young gods became aware of another force surging out of the mountains... Three Great Wyrms, like serpents with the heads of men with mighty horns and forked tongues slithered out of the caves and levitated through the sky, wreathed in shadow. The Dark Wyrms were obviously loyal to Lutune, and spat spears from their mouths at the manticores. They still had not noticed Umut or Kos, but more could be felt below, so that may change.

@ChelonianCommander @Day @Horicabu

Sin:

Laasis screamed. Utter rage exploded into the world, killing the seal and possibly even causing a ring in Sin's ear. Laasis was not pleased with that answer, evidently enough, though it's unlikely he could have done anything to get a different result.

Instantly snow began to lift off the ground and form itself into a new creature. It was a hideous Hag, defiance and pettiness in her eyes; the image, something told Sin, of Laasis herself. The hag pointed to Sin while glaring at the dead seal, and the 'entity' once in the seal formed into a tiny flying sphere of white bacteria. "My precious darlings... LISTEN. No, no no no... What?! Oh yeeeeessss. Follow the the young god. Do not touch him, but infect anything that he gets near."

@Azathoth

((I'll hold off on my own characters I guess... Gotta go and this is long enough. And @TheGreenerGrey ; Unfortunately I do not quite have time to respond to your post... I will be sure to post something for you by the end of the day, but I just feel like I can't do yours justice with what little time I have this moment. Sorry buddy!))

Umut had never seen a larger monster in his short time on the planet, the size both admirable and frightening. Though the creatures did look hostile they hadn't yet fully noticed them, he could feel though that the enslaving force he had sensed earlier was now much more frustrated with the arrival of himself and his brothers. The very ground beneath him seemed to hate every last drop of his existence and he could feel a large part of his power being eddied away by the hopelessness and he felt significantly weaker than when he first arrived.

When the creatures began attacking something in the distance he saw the form of manticores, he could feel their own hope, the hope he could use as a weapon fading and flickering. "Brother, how quickly can you get us to those monsters, i believe one of our brothers is in dire need of help", he wasn't sure if the man of metal would listen to him or even follow him, but he had to save that man before it was too late.

"Such vast creatures..." Kos muttered. Then, his head snapped towards Day. "We will go, brother, quickly. Grab onto me!" Kos lowered his weapon, letting Umut climb onto the god's shield. Then, Kos grew. He grew to twice his original size, and began to run. Each step boomed across the empty landscape, crushing imps with every iron footfall. Kos winced, or at least, did the closest thing to wince, every time an imp died. These creatures...he could sense potential in them. A plan formed in his gently ticking mind as he and Umut approached the three Wyrms.

"Prepare your sword, Umut. I will prepare mine." Kos said. "These Wyrms shall fall. No beast's spear can break the armor of a god." Kos swung the shield to the ground, letting Umut off. He raised it in a guard, grand blade tensed and lowered like a spring. A battle stance.

"Brother of judgement! We have arrived to assist you!" Kos bellowed. The beaten patterns in his armor and shield changed from the landscape to a still image of flame. But it was a sensual image; writhing, dancing, raging flames. The kind that only came from hell itself. "Behold, now, the art of the sword and shield! Our dance will return the Wyrms to dust."

@ChelonianCommander @Day @Lazzamore

Last edited:
Umut nodded simply, an understanding between the two of them he climbed onto Kos's shield, holding on as he grew. During the short time between their departure and arrival at their destination, he took a painstakingly long time to shift from his human form to that of a god, making sure he saved plenty of energy for a loose plan that began to form in the back of his mind. Growing to a height of ten feet, a pair of shining white wings unfurling from his back and pulling a sword of bright silver, compared to the worms he was nearly nothing, but he marched toward them, an aura of radiance steadily building around him.

As he marched, he spoke a speech, his voice growing in intensity as the searing light around him did. "O great goddess of the deep dark places, enslaver and master of the hordes beneath, I speak to you a newborn god knowing nothing of this world but it's seeming harshness...bow to us and we will spare you from the absolute death that awaits you on my blade! bow to us and escape your fate!" He approached the worms fearlessly as he had now become a beacon of shining light, nothing but death itself could stop him from saving his brother from the fate this old god would force upon him.

@ChelonianCommander @Horicabu @Lazzamore

@Lazzamore @Day @Horicabu

Judj

The three wyrms were a bigger challenge for Judj and his pride. Each spear they spat out hit like a ballista bolt, with each spear either injuring or immediately killing the unarmored Manticores. Judj however was larger, stronger and a god. He did not fear these creatures. They were but mere animals in his eyes. He took to the air and roars while charging straight at the closest one as the spears were harmlessly getting stuck in his thick hide. His tail was raised to stab the wyrm once he pounces, and a half dozen Manticores followed him to assist in rending their Pride leader's enemy apart.

Once Umut and Kos arrived, the Manticores couldn't distinguish between friend from foe, or at least ones who weren't other Manticores, and got in the new gods' path, preparing to attack should they attempt to get by the beasts.

----------

Viridecil

Viridecil quickly examines the food and the people, noticing their hunger. She goes up to the food of the oak and examines the bark and food. Perhaps it was an offering of some sort? Or they were simply abandoning it? It didn't matter to her as she needed to increase her power and this would be enough to sate her for a while. Without revealing herself Viridecil consumes the offering, wood, food to replenish her energy. While it wasn't enough to get her to full strength, it was enough to allow her to perform small miracles.

She continued to follow the humans. They could be a good stepping stone for making her guardians. Along the way she pluck several berries from her hair until she had enough to fill up her hands. She walks around the humans, sprinkling the berries along their path. They were from her body and therefore she had complete control over them. With a wave of her hand, she made them grow into healthy and bright bushes of green berries, sweet and juicy but filling and nutritious. Once the deed is done she reveals herself to the humans. "I accept your sacrifice and have rewarded you accordingly. I thank you." She said, staying within the bushes to run if the humans react badly.

Back