Dispensations

Sin

As his brother knocked the sword further away from the goddess, he used his shadows to snag it in the air even while he himself dove from the sky at the goddess. He swung his scythe in a mighty arc, shadows emerged and formed in to collosal blades of black energy which ate any light within their path, though they avoiding Umut and arcing directly at the fallen goddess.

King

King had followed this Hith through the forest to the temple. Upon seeing the temple, he growled to himself slightly. Such a thing was against the nature of the wilds and it made him want to level the entire place.
He watched as the nymphs conversed, and when he heard that mother wasn't there he grew agitated, well, more than he already was.
"Then where is she?" He asked stepping forward, his brows furrowing together in agitation, "I will find her myself."
His connection to the forest allowed him to see as the animals did, and he could use the trees as eyes as well, he would find this 'Mother' one way or another.

@Lazzamore @Azathoth @Day @Horicabu

Viridecil

With Viv figuratively in the palm of her hands, Viridecil had an opertunity that she wasn't going to pass up. She commanded the roots to form a path for the humans to take. "Follow the path! I shall deal with the beast and the oak tree." Viridecil orders. "Follow my commands, and I shall soon grant you the power to defend yourself from all attacks." She tells them.

Judj

The goddess was down. After losing 3/4 of his pride, Judj was out for blood. Sin went in for the kill, but Judj was more mobile and swifter in the air and had better tools for the slaughter. He flies down and pounces on the fallen goddess, sinking his teeth into her neck and crushing her wingpipe. His claws dug their way deep into her skin, ripping away chucks of flesh and finally his tail raised and swung forward to stab her in the heart, injecting deadly venom straight into her blood, causing it to boil.

Kos stood a little off as the three gods slaughtered Lutune. As Judj dealt his sting to her heart, Kos stepped forward. "I will deliver a finishing touch." He said. Kos raised his blade and brought it down, severing the fallen goddess's neck. It left a deep gash in the earth. Wary, he backed away from the corpse, if it was a corpse. "Be on guard. Lutune may not be truly dead yet."

Kos waited for a second, then turned to Judj, leaning on his sword. "I believe we've some business to discuss. But first, let me introduce myself." Kos breathed in. "I am Kos, god of iron. Now, to business. You seemed...agitated when I laid claim to these lands. As you have arrived here first, you have the right to claim them. However, I doubt you've much use for Imps. Perhaps we can come to a compromise?"

@ChelonianCommander

Judj, Umut, Kos, Sin:

Victory was sweet... For however short it lasted. Umut could feel a mass exodus of Imps and other monsters beneath them, with excpetion of a few hapless stragglers. In them he felt only despair left. Then turned to Lutune... The stone form turned to pebbles and dust!

"*FINE*. You can have *THIS* place. I WILL be back. You WILL suffer, know this godlings." Lutune's voice spat out in hatred. And then she was totally got from the northern mountains.

South of the mountains their was deep emerald forests of pines, valley after valley broken up by the black spires. The territory given up by Lutune was sizable (perhaps a subtle bribe of some sort? She did seem quite injured...) - but so was the world itself. It still only contained two hundred-mile long mountain chains, almost stretching coast to coast, and the pine valley between them. At least a thousand Imps and other hideous monsters stayed behind - the ones too afraid or savage to be controlled, so Lutune must have thought them not worth the trouble.

@ChelonianCommander @Day @Horicabu @Azathoth

King, K'nuuk, Viridecil:

King stormed off before Hith could do the niceness of asking to aid in the search. She turned to K'nuuk, and 'politely nudged' him to leave as well. K'nuuk, if he was being honest, didn't care to meet mother. He had seen enough and was rather bored...

But the place King found 'Mother' was certainly not boring.

Viridecil led the humans, willing to leave with Viv's blessing though still a bit apprehensive, quickly away from the White Slime. Viridecil's bramble wall was eaten and the now massive slime made it's way to the retreating humans... Only to be struck by the Mother of Nymphs herself.

Jyella, goddess of the nymphs, was angered by this creature. It did not belong in the forest. With a hymn-like chant from Jyella roots absorbed the slime, leaving only an acidic puddle. King arrived just in time to see this, and the goddess turned to greet him. Breathtakingly beautiful, Jyella smiled at King in a way that was hard to tell its intention: It could have meant to be menacing, or friendly, or even flirtatious. It could have been meant to be any or more of these simultaneously. Before long King realized that causing confusion might have been her goal.

"Hello, friend!" she lilted "You must be new... I am Jyella, welcome to our forest." Jyella was diplomatic. Her tone suggested she was being extraordinarily careful with her words. stretching out her hand as if to shake King's, she then glanced downward, and gasped: Viv's tree was mortally injured, and fading quickly...

@ChelonianCommander @Azathoth

Bollduilk:

Travelling toward the center of the plain, Bollduilk, at last, heard the voice of Oella. "Get back!!" cried the husky woman's voice. "We will defend this place! Did Lutune send you?! She should know better then any that the Herd keeps what is their's!!"

Ahead of Bollduilk is a fould stench of large animal dung and fields and dry dirt with little grass remaining. Not that the grass did not grow, it grew supernaturally fast here, infact, but the - possibly billions of - huge, fat grazing animals kept it short as they ate at unbelievable speed.

Every kind of herd animal in the world was found here, regardless of habitat, they seemed to have all evolved to live together. And not leave, apparently.

Something of an obese, woolly hippo with horns laid amidst the herd. She was atleast five stories tall in this posture. Oella the herding beast goddess looked defensively at Bollduilk, as if to intimidate him into leaving.

@TheGreenerGrey

((Sorry for any typo's, guys. Had to hurry myself at the end 'cause I have somewhere to be like right now!))

Bollduilk looked down towards Oella, a sneer forming on his face. “So. You’re the traitor goddess, who demands that your followers die for your sake.” He looks around at the animals. “You keep them locked here. Stagnating. Content. This is disgusting, and I will not stand for it.” His hair spread behind him rapidly, forming into spears of flame, before they surged forward.

And they all burned.

His flames swept across the landscape, washing over animal, plant and feces alike as he purged the landscape. Striding towards Oella through the flames, he cracks his knuckles even as tow spears form behind him.

“You and all of this planet’s gods are an abomination. You hold this word in your grasp, holding it in place as it rots and festers! WE ARE MEANT TO GUIDE THE MORTALS, NOT ENSLAVE THEM.” He roars as he looks down at her, voice booming as the tidal wave of flame from his body continued to wash forward.

“You may be powerful, goddess of rot and contentment, but you will not defeat me. I will burn you and your disgusting taint away!”

Viridecil

The goddess seem to care for the old goddess. If anything she was more preoccupied with her own goals as she walks over to Viv. The Nymph was dying, but Viridecil can change that should Viv accepts that is. Viridecil stands over Viv and gives her an offer. "You are dying. I can help but I do not believe if charity. If you serve me, become my protector, I can provide for you. If you do not accept, I shall leave you to die. I am going to follow the humans either way." She tells Viv.

----------

Judj

With Lutune gone, and the crags without an owner, Judj turns to the his pride to see how many were left. Out of the maybe 400, there were now only around 70. Enough for his purposes though. They were his Pride. He shall make them strong. Judj turns to the other new gods. His kin, but he didn't see it that way. These were his Crags, and they were intruders. "The threat is now gone. Leave my territory." He orders, in a deep growling voice.

Sin

As Lutune ran away and left the Crags, Just made his claim to them, to which Sin looked in his direction, the manticores backed away. All creatures feared death, even those under the control over a god.
"Now Is not the time, our purpose is to restore order, territory comes later. Not that I care for a specific territory." He said in a whispy hiss, "Though, some of these creatures now need a master,"
He turned to Kos, "The imps are yours to control, but the rest are mine, they dwell in the darkness, which is my domain."
He changed into his more mortal appearance and raised his hand, creatures emerged from the ground and mountains, all compelled to follow Sins commands. More Wyrms, wraiths, and trolls all emerged and gathered around him.
But they weren't the real prize, the real prize was a demon of old, a creature of fire and shadows. It answered his call with one of it's own, a roar that shook the earth, section of ground exploded and a Balrog emerged, summoned by the Lord of shadows, its master.
Hand still raised shadows poured forth from it and engulfed the creatures all going into his realm, waiting for him to summon them once again. Only the Balrog remained.
Sin turned to his brothers, "We can stand and argue over territory later, right now, as Lutune escaped we have now more threats to use, we need to end them befrob the come for us." He said, he gave Judj a pointed stare, "And what of your pride and land if Lutune returns and finishes you and your pride off, we need each other."

King

King saw this mother, this Jyella, as she approached him her voice was as confusing as how she acted, she must know why he was here. He hadn't paid mind to the dying tree, all things died in the wild, until he realized his sister was there. She offered the nymph a chance at life, he grunted, he had not thought of having servants, as it was against the nature of the wilds, but maybe he could have guardians, to protect the wilds when he was otherwise busy, it was a issue he'd resolve later.
For now he had questions for Jyella, and he was nearing the end of his patience.

Viridecil, King:

Jyella watched. Viv was silent for a long period of time. Jyella finally burst into the conversation. "And you must be Viridecil, then? the one my nymph's could not get the attention of??" Her expression at this was quite clearly disgusted. "Well she has your attention now! Now that she is in an agony that YOUR kin caused! And now you wish to convert her, you conniving little..." She rambled on and on gritting her teeth in anger at what was before her. Unfortunately, King would have to work to get her scattered attention now.

Viv cried. She despaired in knowing she had failed her mission.

@Azathoth @ChelonianCommander

K'nuuk:

Meanwhile, K'nuuk had wandered south. There he found a much different forest. the oak trees here had mostly died, the other varieties prevailing were much more sinister.

In a mire near the oakwood border, K'nuuk saw one and only one Nymphish Oak tree. Around it was bog and pools of peat moss. Terrible fungus and tribes (yes, tribes) of immense alligators swarmed the water. The nymph of the last oak tree here, though, carried with her a massive stone club. She patrolled, as she has for her whole life, around her tree, physically warding off the diseases and predators that carry them. It was clear she was tired, but would not stop. She would never stop, not even for K'nuuk, who could not get her attention despite trying to let her see him.

She only would fight off the Dire beasts who sought to end her. K'nuuk had never seen such devotion in this realm. Or ever, for that matter. But nothing lasts forever...

What might be a wolf appeared. This nymph was the last nymph in the bog, the bastion of civilized people before the hordes of monsters serving Orasiil, who had no greater soldiers then the Dire Wolves. But this was not a dire wolf.

"Nymph... You are Yrkus, of the last oak tree in the wetland." Yrkus heard the voice of the wolf, but could not see him. Gripped in grim fear and hatred, she swung her weapon wildly. Desperate to live. "I am Orasiil. Embrace death!" he whispered, over and over. Only distracting her from the termites that gnawed her tree to death. By the time the tree fell, no trace of her remained.

K'nuuk teared up seeing this spectacle, thankfully not noticed yet. Orasiil cheated the nymph into death. But she was not without a representative... K'nuuk caught the Nymph's departing soul, and ate it. The black tar on his back grew an onyx soul gem. Inside he whispered "Do not panic, stubborn woman. You are mine now. I will see you avenged..."

As Orasiil left, a toxic ooze rained from the clouds into the termites.

((Sorry, I had an idea I really got into for a while there!))

Viridecil

Viridecil doesn't respond to Jyella.. She simply focuses on one thing at a time and right now she wants to see if Viv is willing to accept her offer. "You do not wish to die do you?" She asks Viv and reaches out with her barked hand. "Take my hand and I shall heal you. Otherwise I can leave you here. I will not blame you either way."

(because why not)

Ludios was a little different to her brazen brothers and sisters. Although a few of them had emerged as entities crashing down from the sky, a more fitting beginning for this playful trickster must had taken place. But not one that the Old Gods would not had expected, nonetheless. As the societies of the world began to grow in complexity, gradually gaining more culture, Ludios' urge to come out from hiding only intensified. On the outskirts of the enormous tree'd jungle, nestled between the smaller of the mountains that surround it, something began to scratch at the rock and earth from within like a chick hatching from its egg. This continued for some time, before finally an eruption occured.

Lava spewed from the earth, exploding continuously as a hole formed in the ground and ash flew up into the sky. Unexpectedly to some, a total of four arms began to be visible from the volcanic eruption, clawing at the rock, magma and rubble around them. On careful expection, underneath all the soot, it was clear that these arms were golden in colour and texture. The magma rolling through the cracks at a leisurely pace soon began to cool and solidify, revealing it to be solid gold. As the ash began to settle back onto the ground, the golden creature, known to the wisest as The Goddess of Games and Fortune, Ludios, undertook her separation from the earth and by extension her mystical caverns of gold. She crawled out of the new entrance to her womb-like home and immediately got to work with her first task.

She cupped her hands and scooped up some cooling gold, using one of her other, extra arms to rip out some of her hair and place it delicately into the mix. Ludios shaped and crafted the metal with her own hands until it became a magnificent harlequin's mask. Once it was perfect, she blew on it, giving it her blessing and best of luck. It hardened to be unbreakable and she placed it upon her own face, conceiling herself for the many games to come.

Ludios had finally been born.

Last edited:
((Collab post with @TheGreenerGrey -

Bollduilk Challenged Oella to a fight, and since the levels of power were so disparate, and because I think Greener wanted no help, I decided to do it as a long collab between us.

Here were our rules:
1: You won't kill Oella until you impress me in four separate posts during the battle. You'll know when this happens by me leaving you a like. They will also need to be independent of each other.
2: As stated in our OOC thread, Oella is 4 times more powerful then any one player god, Bollduilk Included. I will have to fully leverage this; No going easy.
3: That said, I don't really want bollduilk to die and I won't force it, either. I would want you to not abuse this and act IC, though.

Red: Posts for Oella, as written by Lazzamore.
Blue: Posts for Bollduilk, as written by TheGreenerGrey.
))

The grass was not particularly flammable! Amazingly, the unwavering animals took the fire, and many survived!

"Fool! This is not my first game with your ilk, god of fire." Oella roared in rage, standing on her hind legs and brandishing hideously long claws on all four paws. The back claws dug into the ground, while the front two were straight, for slicing up enemies. When standing the hippo beast broke through low hanging clouds.

With an unnatural speed and the real mass of a mountain, she charged and attempted to gore Bollduilk with her horns.

Bollduilk assessed the situation. There was no brute forcing this fight, that much was clear. She was, admittedly, far more powerful than him. So he would need to play this smart. The many tendrils of his hair straightened out and split as she charged, stabbing into the ground below him and lifting him into the air, sending him flipping above her and above the clouds themselves.

At the apex of his flight, when she passed below him, what hair he had free formed cruel spears of flame and flooded the sky with their radiance, swarming forth to pierce and break her hide from above, even as he crossed his arms.

The fire stuck in the beast. The smell of burning flesh permeated Bollduilk's senses. But Oella was not slowed. She charged faster, harder at this. Moving faster then any animal, or any wind, she pulled Bollduilk to a nearby crag-mountain, close to where Bollduilk landed, and made a sudden sharp turn, trying to throw Bollduilk into the rock at over a hundred miles per hour.

Bollduilk was sent careening through the air as Titan threw Titan, his hair flailing through the air before once again solidifiying into spears. But instead of lashing out at Oella, the spears crashed into the rapidly approaching rock, slowing the god’s descent as he landed upon the vertical face of the crag mountain.

Bollduilk crouched with his hair, crossing his arms before launching faster than he had been thrown towards Oella. Two strands of his hair formed the loop of a scorching lasso, he god preempting her going to strike him out of the air and preparing to use the lasso to swing onto her back.

Oella took the bait - almost as though it was a dare. Jabbing through the air like arrows with her claws, she ended with a sideways gore attack with her huge horns, as she screeched with such volume that dust was kicked up - nearby stones shattered and an avalanche begin in the distance... In preparation for Bollduilk's coming attack, Oella dug into the earth with her back two feet.

Bollduilk’s lasso wrapped around the horn of Oella, swinging the god up and around to the top of her head as she struck, mounting the goddess. His hair forms a new length of searing flame as it wraps around her throat and the god of flame heaves, beginning to strangle the goddess.

Bucking and leaping, Oella was definitely surprised by this course of action. Her life force cut off from the rest of the world, it started to fade like a starving flame... Oella jumped backward, as though she was doing a backflip. She floped on her back and put all her weight to trying to crush Bollduilk.

To say that Bollduilk was surprised that something that big could move like that would be an understatement. Even as gods, he had followed a sort of law of movement, but apparently this elder god didn’t need to.

Thinking fast, lest his battle end there and then, Bollduilk heavens backwards as his hair speeds forth to impale the ground. He couldn’t stop the fall, or jump off as he was, but he could do better. With all his strength and using the ground as leverage, the god of conflict aimed to turn Oella’s backwards leap into a piledriver, trying to tilt her body so that her face colldided with the ground rather than his body.

The Queen of the beasts of the burden, was feeling rather burdened herself... Perhaps a more equal yoke was in order.

Smashing into the ground left a deep crater, and when she lifted her head again, the crater was still left with a tooth and puddles of blood, dripping from Oella's head, mouth and nose. This was ridiculous. She would screech with her powers to destroy the insolent godling, but... She was still in a chokehold, and she was losing contact with the world.

Forming an uneasy ramp with her body, Oella allowed a herd of massive rhino's to climb her back and in seconds reached Bollduilk. Her plan was evident; should bollduilk stay on top, the thousands of divinely empowered rhino will knock him off. If he drops below, Oella will collapse and/or roll over him.

But What she didn't see, somehow, was a huge snake with a barbed tail had climbed upon her as well. "No time to explain deeply; I am an Avatar of Orasiil the old god of beasts, and this is Oella's true form! Use me as a spear to kill Oella, and remember from here who's on your side!"

“I need no help, beast god. I fight my own battles.” Bollduilk replies as he splits the lasso around Oella’s neck in two, turning on his heels and grabbing the ends in both hands, marching away from her head as he heaved he rope behind him.

His his disengaged from the groundand instead attacked the rhinos in a swarm, forming a barrier of flame and blood. He didn’t need to defeat their endless swarm, merely hold them off as he garrotted their mother beast.

The rhinos acted on impulse. So desperate was their god now that they had no regard for their own lives. They rammed into the wall of fire with all they had, piling up line after line of dead beast. After the fifth wave Bollduilk almost could not see through them, then though it was clear their goal was to form a ramp to overcome Bollduilk from above.

Noontime sun viewed through them, Rhino's rained down from the sky unto their enemies head.

Bollduilk backed off, away from the frankly amazing sight before him. His hands came together to form a lasso once again, the loop of searing rope coiling tightly around the neck of Oella as he found himself pushed back to the base of her neck, foot pressing tightly down on her head to further restrict her connection.

His hair formed one wide swathe of fire, shaped much like a fan, that he gripped with his free hand and swung, attempting to simply batter the rhinos off of her body and out of the air, trying to send them careening down below to their deaths.

The rhinos continued their charge, until the herd's number began to dwindle. Still they pushed Bollduilk beyond the goddess's shoulders, and when Oella realized this she heaved and bucked, thrashing around half hazardly with large rhino's getting tossed to the ground.

Animals ran in sheer panic, the goddess stomping and thrashing and kicking veritable hills into existances. Then, inexplicably, the sun itself started to flicker over these plains. Clouds covered the sky, uncovered, rained, thundered and snowed in a matter of a few minutes. In this moment three seasons of grass died and grew up. Looking down, Bollduilk sees that on top of attempting to thrash him off, Oella was clawing at her own throat, shedding her own blood as she desperately and half-consciously attempted to sever Bollduilk's hairs.

Bollduilk allowed himself to be thrown off, his fan disappearing as both hands grasped his lasso and the god swung through the air beneath Oella, his titanic body planting its feet at the base of her neck and pulling, tightening the Lasso more, even as her claws struck at it. Their godly essence tore away at his, and he knew that if she managed to break it he would be back to square one.

His free hair split into four different streaks of flame and surged towards her hands, two wrapping around them and trying to restrain the titanic appendages. The other two sharpened into spears and aimed to pierce her palms. Should they succeed, they would meet with the lasso around her neck, combining into a shackle.

The weather intensified. The wind moved mountains, the thunder tore canyons out of solid stone! Hail the size and shape of bollduilk's spears pelted the plains and whole rivers fed by rain formed, in seconds. The plains were no longer plains: No, it was being born anew.

Bollduilk's noose tightened, and tightened, until... He no longer felt resistance of a neck! Bollduilk was falling into the vortex of madness and destruction that had befallen the land. With a blinding light and the *SNAP* of lightning - A gentle, warm breeze was felt against Bollduilk's face. With the blink of an eye, every cloud and supernatural weather pattern disappeared. He stood, soaked by chaotic rain, in a warm gold patch of tall grass... The plains - if you could still call them that - had been reborn. Oella, the goddess of the pasture, is dead.

Kos watched Sin and Judj go about their business. As the three gods squabbled, his sense of companionship faded, a need filling the gap; and leaving nothing but indifference, even revulsion for his kin. The god tapped the earth, sending a vibration through the ground. A summons. Kos' new people, the Imps, swarmed out from crags and caves scattered over the landscape.

"I bid you farewell, brothers." Kos said. "We may not see each other again for a long while, but I will return someday, and transform this place." He paused, thinking of how to say goodbye. "I suppose it would be best if you knew my goals." He thrust his sword in the ground, Imps rallying around him. "They are singular, and simple: I wish to remake this planet. Entirely."

Kos turned and walked away, his footsteps scraping chips from the stones. Imps followed in tight formation. Metal erupted before them, sprouting from the earth like flowers and forming into a long platform. Huge legs stretched out as steel string twisted into rigid cloth, cables binding to long rods. Long shafts stretched from the sides of the platform and twisted into segmented housings for near-arcane mechanisms. The legs bound to their drive-cores, and the behemoth rose into the air, striding into the distance. Iron crawled up its legs and continued to expand the creature, until an entire city was built on its back. It was a surreal thing to witness. A civilization held aloft by six spindly legs, stepping between canyons and mountains, carrying an entire race on its back, and a god at its helm.

Last edited:
Umut was in disbelief, they had managed to free the mountains of Lutune's presence. But the victory over the dark goddess was short-lived when she made her announcement to leave the lands and then fled, assumably disappearing to lick her wounds and recover. And all of this, of course, led to the squabbling of the two gods over who controlled the mountains above and below the surface, the god of darkness and death, and the god of justice who still took the form of a manticore. Kos now felt left out of the politics and decision making much like he did and walked away to summon his new people, the Imps to the surface. Umut became a watchful man between the two though, not deciding which one to join in on until Kos began moving again, his people along with him. The radiance that had once surrounded him before had quickly faded away, leaving him completely open to climbing aboard Kos's moving iron stronghold that seemed to rise into the sky as it moved, wings disappearing with the light.

Once he had stowed away with Kos he made his way through the ranks of creatures that had hated them so much before to reach him. It took nearly an hour of shoving and asking to make room before he finally made it to the front of the Imps, standing beside Kos as if he had always been there. "So brother...what do you plan on doing with your new people and your grand idea of changing the world? I hope it's not anything akin to what Lutune has planned, that would force me to stop you. To rephrase, I would like to help you change this dying world into a place of light and civilized, free people."

Kos nearly jumped when he suddenly found Umut beside him. Hearing his words almost made the god's stomach churn. "What you desire is irrelevant," Kos said. "Be glad, then, that it aligns close to my own visions for this world." Kos turned to his brother. "I believe there is a blight over this planet that holds it in a state of decay and regression. As a god of earth, this troubles me greatly. These old gods are misusing their power, forcing the world into a spiral of stagnation. That is an irredeemable sin." Kos said. The city stepped forward, and the whole structure shuddered.

They were heading north, out of the crags and opposite to the glaciers. Already, the land was beginning to show signs of life. Even so, Kos felt the plants were dim and empty, only a husk of their potential. "Are you fond of painting?" Kos asked. He didn't wait for an answer. "The world is my canvas. I will make it vibrant and living, as it should be. Consequently, that will assist in your goals as well. However, there will be sacrifices."

(Went and did a small timeskip for myself.)

When he cataclysmic rain and wind had settled, the plains were looking vastly different compared to what they had been before. Gone was the rapidly growing and fading grass, the sickly sweet smell and the tides of beasts. In its place was... something different.

The grass and the soil of the land was ruby red, and seemed to shine like it contained an inner fire. Trees the size of castles sprouted here and there, bark as tough as stone and leaves the colour of steel, to the point that when the sun hit the centre most tree at dawn it would reflect to all of its brothers and sisters across the plains, shining as bright as a sun as the image of a spear was traced like a constellation.

The animals that survived the storm, or came about in it, would not be the same. Whereas the ones that came before were docile and placid creatures, these beasts were designed to kill. Prowlers with long teeth that could pierce stone with ease roamed the tall grasses, while overhead titanic birds with feathers as hard as steel flew searching for prey. It was truly a landscape that only the most competent could survive.

And of all the terrible beasts on the plains, there was none such as powerful as the humans of the Flame Father. They weathered the storm, using fire and steel to guide the way. They broke the bodies of the prowlers, and used their teeth to strike down the beasts overhead. They clad themselves in the spoils of their victories against a landscape that should have wiped them away like nothing, and continued to rise and grow.

Limbs were struck from the bodies of the castle trees, and they formed the basics of housing, even as the worship of the Flame Father spread far and wide, to those that had been powerful enough on their own to survive the storm. Stone was replaced by steel and the tools of the animals around them as the humans continued to grow.

The main bastion of the Flame Father, and newly established capital of Humanity, ‘Ambition’s Beacon’, grew to become a powerful stronghold. Wood and bark tougher than stone was carved into the shape of a titanic fortress, and was adorned with palisades and the skulls of great beasts (that were often sent by Bollduilk as a test).

Within the walls and beneath the shadow of Humanity’s bastion against the onslaught of nature, people learned to feel safe, and with that came markets, inventions, economy and the sciences. New breakthroughs in how to stake their claim in the wild world were almost daily, and prayers to the Flame Father became more commonly seen outside of battle.

King, Viridecil:

Viv took the hand. In the end, she loved her master Jyella less so then she loved living. Their was silence from Jyella as she watched Viridecil heal what was once Jyella's favorite daughter...

Tremors running through her, She turned to King. "I am sorry. I... Didn't wish to be your enemy. What did you want?"

((Y'know, Azz, I was waiting for you to confront Jyella, or maybe I just missed it... Either way confront her now.))

@Azathoth @ChelonianCommander

Ludios:

The land around Ludios was green and cold, this close to the northern glaciers. what animals remained had a ...hesitance about them. Exploring further, she would find a tribe of Tree-worshiping humans. These people numbered only in the hundreds and had many rituals; Nothing they ate was not charred in fire, they bathed their hands after and before every meal, touching was reserved only for the closest of companions... They seemed to be afraid of catching something. Ludios watche as they sacrificed wool, leather, spices and food to a mighty oak tree; the largest in the area, which seemed to be some form of love-goddess to them. Then, surprisingly, a beautiful nymph emerged from the tree after they left, and took the offering!

Eventually, a bull appeared out of the forest at the village. It had milky, white cataracts, so thick that no pupils could be seen. It frothed at the mouth and shook wildly. The people screamed and cried out in despair... Two creatures occupied this bull, the bull itself had no say in their behavior. The bull charged into the village attempting to slay the villagers, and Ludios heard panicked prayers to a 'Jyella', who she could tell was not answering.

@Porcelain

((Sorry this took so long, Porcelain!))

Meanwhile...

The desert night was cool by the sea. Komes, the god-giant, stood, waiting impatiently. The sea at which he stared bore no fruit to his angered waiting.

A wolf howled, gaining Komes attention. A humongous wolf-beast appeared and spoke: "Has the Whale not shown yet? Or am I late?"

"Stupid fish not coming." Komes said to Orasiil. At that the sea churned. A mighty island-sized whale appeared; It had no mouth, nostrils or eyes, but bio luminescent sea-flora adorned his back.

"I have arrived, brethren!! Fear no more!" His voice was peppered with unnatural ecstasy. "Enough, fish!" Retorted komes. "What you want?!"

"Oella is dead! Isn't that dandy?!"

"What?" said shocked Komes. Orasiil was silent.

"A new-born killed her! Just one of 'em was enough!" the whale snarked.

"Bu... But... That means..." Komes was going into shock at the severity of the situation. "We have to band together, brother! They can one-on-one just one, But three? NEVER!" the whale argued. But with this news, it wasn't hard to sell the other two on the idea. Their differences put aside, the Ogres and the dire beasts started moving to the old gods new fort in the desert by the sea.

As Komes taught the monsters to fight in an organised fashion, the threesome never strayed far from one another, saying 'If the new gods wanted to fight, let's see them try...'

The land around Ludios was green and cold, this close to the northern glaciers. what animals remained had a ...hesitance about them. Exploring further, she would find a tribe of Tree-worshiping humans. These people numbered only in the hundreds and had many rituals; Nothing they ate was not charred in fire, they bathed their hands after and before every meal, touching was reserved only for the closest of companions... They seemed to be afraid of catching something. Ludios watche as they sacrificed wool, leather, spices and food to a mighty oak tree; the largest in the area, which seemed to be some form of love-goddess to them. Then, surprisingly, a beautiful nymph emerged from the tree after they left, and took the offering!

Eventually, a bull appeared out of the forest at the village. It had milky, white cataracts, so thick that no pupils could be seen. It frothed at the mouth and shook wildly. The people screamed and cried out in despair... Two creatures occupied this bull, the bull itself had no say in their behavior. The bull charged into the village attempting to slay the villagers, and Ludios heard panicked prayers to a 'Jyella', who she could tell was not answering.

The first thought Ludios had was that none of this concerned her. Afterall, these were not her people and this was simply bad luck. Yet... she felt a peculiar beckoning. Ludios felt compelled to help, even though she owed nothing. Perhaps it was these peoples' failure in the game of life... No she decided. That was just stupid.

Ludios sat herself down and proceeded to watch, having nothing better to do. She took off her mask and sighed as she observed these people screaming while they were chased by the wild, diseased bull. As the air left Ludios lips, a tiny leaf floated down in front of her. Touched by the breeze she produced, it darted away from her, flying up into the air. As a bird bolted by, it hit the leaf which immediately impaired its vision. The bird began to crash, flying down towards the ground at break neck speeds. It crash landed on an oddly placed and quite unusually large and sharp stick, which then was thrown into the air from the force. The bird was whacked on the underside as the stick was propelled by the landing. By the end of this unfortunate chain of events, the result was a sharp stick soaring through the air at ludicrous speeds, on a flight path directly to... the bull's forehead.

The stick and the bull were both moving way too fast for the bull to slow down and turn around in short enough time. Should had the stick connected, it would had undoubtedly went straight through the creature's skull and desecrated its soft, fragile brain. Against all odds, this was deadly. During all this, Ludios' face was entirely deadpan, resting her head on her two bored fists while her other two hands picked and played with grass and old fallen leaves.

Viridecil @Lazzamore

Viridecil cuts her finger and lets her amber blood run, and allowed Viv to lick up what drips out. The blood sped up healing and growth in living beings and in Viv, a new energy filled her, as her wounds healed and the green vines grew from the ground to heal and cover up the oak's wound. Now Viridecil had Viv's alliegence, at least she hopes. It was start and with a group of humans to attend to, she follows the tribe. "Follow Viv. We have work to do." She said and leaves the area.

Judj @Azathoth

"And that is my problem and next time I shall be more prepared to fight the old god. For now, you should focus on leaving my territory, unless you wish to feel the burn of my venom as well." Said Judj, as he stared down at Sin with his scorpion tail upright and ready to strike. "Now which shall it be?" He asks.

Last edited:
Sin
Sin pinched the bridge of his nose, they all were more concerned with grabbing land than dethroning the elder gods, which made it harder for all of them. “Very well then, if you are more concerned with territory than following our fathers wishes, I won't stop you.” He said as his darkness opened a portal into his dark world, “just don't come to me when the elder gods knock on your door in mass.”
He stopped through and his Balrog followed, the Darkness vanishing afterwards.
Walking through his world of shadows, all of his creatures sat ready to do as he wished, he smiled, at least they would fight with him.
He searched for another of his brethren, and going an odd sight, a city, full of mortals that shared his brother Bolls power. Boll had been busy, he searched for his brother and upon finding him found a nearby shadow and stepped through, behind his brother and amidst a group of followers.

King
King's patience had worn thin, he had been trying to get answers out of this Mother and her children for ages and he was tired of being ignored. He was about to let loose his frustration when Mother turned back around, after her apology, which King didn't trust fully, he responded, a bit of agitation showing in his wild voice, “I called to the creatures of the wild, and yet not all came, only the smallest of the animals, and very few predators. I ask for an explanation as to why they weren't allowed to come to me.”
The question came out as a statement, which was his intent. He cared not for his charges to be kept from doing as they did, they should be free to do as they were intended, as nature desired. “Your answer will determine whether you are friend or foe.” His brows furrowed into a look of irritation.

(I'll assume from TheGreenerGrey's post some time has passed)

Days turned into weeks as the iron city trudged northward. Forests, mountains, and wilderness passed by Kos and his enormous caravan. A rank corruption simmered in the air below, like an invisible fog biting at the creation's feet. Above the influence of the old gods, they traveled on unabated. Over the days, Kos busied himself with his people.

Kos found the Imps were an odd race. Centuries (if not millennia) of mindless subjugation and relentless suffering had left their kind little more than an empty shell. Lutune had broken these creatures to the most base and fundamental level, and so Kos found himself having to rebuild their psyche and bodies from next to nothing. He decided to start with their bodies first. It was what he knew best. Planning out the process, Kos kept certain features, such the horns, the leathery wings, and the somewhat goat-like body. He didn't think over what the result would ultimately be, trusting it would be satisfactory regardless of what came out.

However, when Kos looked over his first remade Imp, they were barely identifiable as the same creature. Mottled brown and black fur, a bat-like face with big yellow eyes, long horns, and pointed ears. Though its more grotesque features were gone, what resulted was rather comical, even humorous.

Watching it shivering on an iron dais, Kos was at first repulsed by his creation. Unsure what to do about it, he studied his new Imp, taking in the details of its fur and strange proportions. It looked back, blank-eyed and cold, staring up at him. It chattered to itself, stretching a pair of hooked wings. A new feeling ran through Kos' veins. It was warm. And sweet. He found himself liking the creature. This Imp...was cute!

Kos rose, and set about making more varieties, going off this first Imp as a template. In his eyes, it was a crime to make an entire species all the same. A good artist knew the importance of a dynamic piece, and Kos believed himself the best.

OOC: Kos is currently heading towards Bollduilk's plains. So, take that as you will, @Azathoth and @TheGreenerGrey.

On another note, I'll be doing some art and ref sheets for the Imps. Watch out for those if you're interested.

Back