Distance heritage

Thomas
“All done, now,” Thomas said as he put the last chair underneath a table. He looked up at the door where his father was already waiting. “Well, I see you at the BBQ then,” he said as he walked over to his father, leaving the classroom.

Maria
When the others let the classroom Maria also walked over to the door. She looked back at the classroom one more time to be sure everything was left behind nicely before she also left the room and walked in the direction of the lunchroom to pick Lyanne up.

Lyanne
Lyanne nodded at Violet, “yeah, Maria would be wanting to leave soon as well.”Lyanne said, giving a look on the clock as well. “I think she said she wanted to go to grandma first.” She added.

She listened to the others speaking about dating .“Those are some deep words,” she judged surprised by the wise words of the younger girl. Her experience with dating was completely different from Violets, or maybe it was because she took it further than dating were it went wrong. After all dating was nice, it wasn’t until she finally opened up to the girl that problems appeared.

Violet:

"I always found chefs to be a little scary, I think it's because I've watch too many reality shows where angry chefs yell." Violet responded and chuckled a little bit, perhaps a fear of chefs was a little bit irrational. Those shows aren't realistic anyways. Why did she even imagine chefs to be intimidating anyways? The girl may never know.

In terms of dating, Violet doesn't really think of the whole thing too seriously. The girl just had the idea of having fun, romance is something she's pretty ignorant about. Video games and junk food with friends are a bit more important to her then anything else actually. She looked back at Lyanne, she never really considered the words to be especially deep, it was just how she thought about the entire thing for the most part. Violet then received the text message from her adoptive mother about getting ready to go home, she's done with her meeting as it seems. The girl texted back for a moment and turned to her two friends again.
"So, I'll be seeing you guys in school next week, my mum is going to come get me and my brother any second now. She's walking here right at the moment." Violet told them. She looked forward, seeing that her brother was just a short distance away from her.

Riley:

Once everything was finished, the girl proceeded to go to the cafeteria. She'll have to get home early enough in order to start the preparations for the barbecue before she gets too exhausted. The lady had texted both twins, only really expecting a response from one of them anyways. When while she walked right down the hallway, she found herself ducking when an RC plane almost collided with her head. It wasn't Violet's toy, Riley could tell since Violet always makes her own and the RC had a brand name on it.

"Oh, sorry Ms. Sultan." a rather chubby kid said, he was controlling the brand name toy. He was detracted for a moment and the plane just zipped into the cafeteria without much control. When he finially realised that he a drone in the air, his controller was a bit out of range.

Both the boy, and Riley had to rush into the cafeteria to catch the toy before it broke something. Funny how it's not Violet's device that's going on a rampage. The runaway RC flew about randomly in the cafeteria, heading really close to Violet. Violet caught it without quite looking at the device, she proceeded to shut it down so the small motor wouldn't keep running.

"Wow, nice reflexes Vee." the chubby kid said, proceeded to take back the toy.

Leon he nodded and waved silently as he saw Thomas leave, and whenever his mother was also ready to leave the classroom, they both went out to leave the room, to start their way o their home

Jet's mouth curled into a smile upon seeing his mother walking into the cafeteria. He had been silently contemplating about mundane stuff like toys and pumpkins. Earlier, a pleasant conversation among the girls amused him and he observed them for a while. But seeing his mother walk out of the meeting room meant that it was time to go home. Jet stood up and greeted his mother, "Hey mom. How was the meeting?"

Jet's mother, Eugene, smiled at his question. The meeting drained her energy. As a parent of a demigod, she always had to go through extra measures in order to take care of her own son. And joining the Single Parents Club was one of those measures. She put her hands on her hips and said, "It was nice, as usual." She continued on and walked towards the cafeteria's exit with Jet in tow. She stopped and with her features wide open, she looked back at the meeting room she just went out off. Eugene gasped, "Oh no..."

Jet raised his eyebrow at her and asked, "What is it"? He looked at the direction she was looking at. He squinted his eyes and watched the classroom, "What's wrong? I don't see anything wrong." He turned around and faced Eugene. "Are you okay mom?" He frowned.

The question snapped Eugene out of her trance. Her eyes looked around and found Maria, Lyanne's Aunt. She voiced out a silent sentence, "I forgot to tell her about what I'd bring for the barbecue." She tapped Jet on the shoulders and said, "You go home first Son, I'll do something for a second." She walked past him and towards Maria's location.

Jet watched as she left him in the middle of the cafeteria. He sighed and raised his shoulders. "Well, I guess I get to go home first." He turned back and moved towards the exit.

"well then, I guess since everyone's about to leave," Danielle gets up and takes a deep breath. "Its only fitting that I leave too. I just have to go look for Tristan...wherever he is," Danielle looks around once again. "Nice chat guys, see you at the barbeque,"

Danielle starts to really move around the cafeteria, convinced that Tristan is around there somewhere. When she spots someone in to corner with his face in a book, she sighs with a smile. She walks over to him and leans over, pulling the book down and staring him straight in his eyes. "I've been looking for you,"

"Really? Sorry, I'm just really into this book it's so good and it's getting better each page, like, it's about to—"

"Okay come on let's go home," Danielle cuts him off and pulls him up. They both leave the school together.

Maria
Maria just walked into the cafeteria when Eugene came walking in her direction. “Hey,” she greeted the woman whilst she put the flyers she was just holding on the table and walked in her direction.

Mr. Brewers
Mr Brewers was sitting at one of the tables in the cafeteria and pretended to be really busy with his phone. The young charismatic English teacher had volunteered to keep an eye on the students in the cafeteria in the weekend after a fight broke out. He looked at the girl catching the toy out of the air. Impressive, he thought while he activated the camera of his phone again. This was the second time he had something to film today. First the stunt with the controller and now this. With this, he would have more than enough proof, to plan an arrest nicely according to the rules. The teacher waited until everyone left the room before he also left grabbing one of the flyers along with him on his way out.

Time skip to the annual BBQ at the farm of Lyanne’s aunt and uncle
Lyanne

Lyanne was standing on the yard of their farm a bit away from the demigods and their parents who were looking for a place to sit at one of the tables Wiliam(her uncle) had put onto the yard. He had spent half the day placing the things but, Maria kept changing her mind over the placement of the tables, on the end, they end up standing on the exact same spot as they did last year and the year before that.

Even now with most of the guest already there Lyanne saw that her aunt found time to push one of the tables a little bit more to the right. As usual, she had to do it perfectly and ran from parent to parent to make sure everything they brought ended up on the right place on the large tables they had put against the shed and made sure everyone found the table with coffee, tea and cake and a place to sit.

Her cousins, Zac and Oliver were playing with the dog at the field behind the shed, if Lyanne listened carefully she could hear their scream their dogs name. She sheltered her face against the sun and searched for someone to talk to.

Thomas
Thomas sat next to his father in the car with a plastic bag with six bottles of cola at his feet, who they had bought on their way to the BBQ, like every year. His father cursed under his breath when a tractor drove onto the road they were driving. “Well, seems like we are going to be late,” Eliot said. “We were already late,” Thomas answered. Unlike his father Thomas was usually on time unless he was in the park then he often forgot time.

Last edited:
Danielle, Tristan and their parents arrive at the farm in their cars. Danielle smiles widely as she steps out of the car and towards the barbeque while Tristan was more lukewarm towards the whole thing. Their parents go to mingle amongst the other parents and Danielle stand side by side.

"So are you planning on talking to anyone this time?" Danielle asks her friend.

"You say that like I never did before," Tristan says, his gaze not moving.

"Every year, all you do is greet everyone, have a meal and go find a corner somewhere and dive into another book," Danielle sounds a bit frustrated at the way Tristan likes to behave.

"Well I didn't bring a book with me this time, okay?" He turns to his friend. "I actually plan on hanging out this time. It's not like these people aren't my friends,"

"Good, now come on let's meet up with the others," Danielle takes the lead.

"And thus begins the matrix of the demigods, whom roam the land of mortals," Tristan says as he follows Danielle.

Jetter took in the scene that played in front of him.

A small sea of grass were spread across the private land. A large olive tree looked down on the parents, demigods, and animals that socialized inside the farm. The parents organized and arranged the tables and the other equipment. A few parents also placed the various foods brought by the other parents. He found his mother helping out a bit, arranging the tables and distributing the food evenly. He sighed and went towards Maria's direction.

Upon arrival, he paused and waved at Maria. He smiled and said, "Good evening Ms. Maria, is there anything that I can help you out with?" He looked around the farm and saw that it was mostly finished and ready. But he still asked, hoping to help even if it's just a little.

The methods were a little bit unorthodox but there really wasn't any way. This little BBQ is supposed to be a social event to talk and have fun and eat big, good food. However, Silvan is only interested in the food and he much preferred to feed on the left overs returned home then actually being among the people. Riley allowed this for the past 2 years, but this time she wouldn't want it. So what did Riley do? Well, she walked up to the farm just normal. Silvan was tied up with high quality rope so he wouldn't escape, Mr. Sultan, his step dad was dragging him right to the farm. Silvan wouldn't willing go, and he did put up a good fight, but with Violet's help in trying him up, the family finially managed to get him right to the BBQ relatively easy.

"Should we untie him now?" Violet asked Riley.

"Hmm, after we unpack the meat and salads." Riley responded and smiled.

Riley looked back and sighed. Once Silvan was placed on the bench, the other three returned to the car to get out the meats and the salad. It's the first time Silvan is actually attending this BBQ, though he it could look a bit less like a kidnapping.

Eleonora
Their car pulled up at walking distance from the farm Elle had been dreading for a while now.
‘’Here you go,’’ her dad said, leaving the engine on signalling that he would not be joining the festivities.

Elle sighed and opened the door, a pleasantly warm breeze rolling into the car. Stepping outside she noticed that it was actually a bit too warm to wear her trademark hoodie but she decided to pull up her hood regardless.
‘’Hold on a minute,’’ she heard her dad call her from the car and when she turned around to face him she saw him pulling something out from the back seat. It was a large crate filled with cans of beer, ‘’Here, you should always bring something to a barbeque.’’
Elle didn’t make any movement to take the crate from her father, ‘’Dad, you know we can’t drink that.’’
‘’So give it to the adults or something, they’ll be grateful.’’ Her dad was getting impatient with her so she decided to take the crate from him with both her hands and she kicked the door closed. As she watched her father drive away she let out a large sigh, there was no escape anymore.

It took a few minutes of walking with the heavy crate before she saw the younger Violet and an older man drag a tied-up Silvan to the party. The idea that they were bringing him to the barbeque instead of burgers or sausages gave her a good laugh but she kept it to herself.

Once she reached the tables where most the others already were gathered she placed the crate next to Silvan on the bench and said ‘’My dad bought beer for all of the adults here.’’ To no one in particular before walking back and into the field again, watching the two children play with their dog.

Why am I even here? she thought, The only reason for us all to be together is a misguided sense of being understood by others who are just equally as misunderstood. And yet the 2 children looked so happy playing with their dog and for a moment Elle wondered if everything was truly as bad as she made it out to be.

Leon and his mother also arrived at the BBQ, they got out of the car as they first walked up to the table with all the food on it so Mariah could add her fresh self made salad to the food "there you go, here is the salad" Mariah said with a smile as Leon looked around at the scenery, he noticed the tied up Silvan, looks like he will finally be at a BBQ for once. As he then looked at the two kids playing with the Dog as he smiled a little. He went to pick a seat, a little to the back where he was a little bit hidden but still visible, but where he has a good overview of all the things happening

Danielle watches as Violet and her parents drag a tied up Silvan up to the farm which earns a laugh from her and even a chuckle from Tristan. "come on, let's help out,"

Danielle walks up to them with Tristan following along. "Hey, any way we can help out a bit?" She asks politely.

Riley
"Oh, good day, it's nice seeing all of you here. Especially you Elenonra, I take it your father is doing just fine?" Riley asked then looked at just about everyone else. She decided to stay with Silvan in order to make sure he doesn't escape and run back to the car or something. Riley seriously needed to force him to at least have momentary communication. Social isolation can cause mental illness after all.

"All the meats, burger patties, steaks, hot dogs and stuff are in the car. If you're not doing anything at the moment, I suggest you go help Violet and Mr. Sultan take out all of the meats. The sooner we can get the meats out, the sooner everyone can get a nice meal. Alright?" Riley said to all of the demigods who were there at the moment. She looked at the crate of beers and proceeded to take one for herself and for Mr. Sultan at the sane time. "And just a reminder, no drinking or alcoholic drinks, I take it you all know how dangerous it could be when consumed.." She added

Violet:

"Alright! Hey Elenora, Danielle, Leon, Jetter, Lyanne." Violet said to just about all of them the moment she noticed them. She then proceeded to go back to the car to take off the stuff.

Maria
“Hey, uh the Sultans could be there any minute I need someone to help them unpack everything.” Maria answered Jetter absentminded whilst she was on her way to the long table where they out the food. “oh there they are.” She said and walked over to the bench. “Hey, I see Silvan came along as well, how nice.” She greeted Riley, then looked at the rope and asked, “Did you really had to tie him up?”

William
“Thank you,” William said as Leon put the salad on the table. “I will help,” he offered as a response on Riley and followed Violet and her father to the car. “You come help as well?” he asked his daughter who walked in their direction.

Lyanne
“Hey,” Lyanne greeted the demigods that were gathered around. “yes, sure,” she answered her uncle and followed him in the direction of the car. “hey, Eleanor,” she greeted as they walked past the field. As soon as Zac and Oliver noticed them going to the car they ran after them accompanied by the dog eager to help.

Leon
he nodded "yeah, ill help" he said as he started to follow nearly all the other demi-gods to help out with the foods of the Sultans

Eleonora
Elle only turned around when Riley mentioned her name but she still managed to catch most of the question. ‘’Yeah,’’ she answered, ‘’My dad’s fine, but you know how busy he gets.’’ This was a blatant lie but she had to give some reason for him not being there despite that he had only once attended the annual barbeque and that that had been 5 years ago so no one really expected him in the first place.
However, luckily for Elle, Riley was already too occupied by giving instructions to the other demigods to listen too closely to the answer she had just gotten.

Violet greeted her and then proceeded to help 2 adults Elle wouldn’t be able to name with getting more food from one of the cars. Having already once lifted a heavy crate once today Elle had no intention of going to help these three but when Lyanne greeted her as she passed by to help Violet and the others Elle reconsidered. Elle had always gotten along great with Lyanne, despite them hardly ever speaking to one another.

The conversation with Riley had been over before it had ever even really started but helping Violet and the others would be a great chance to get a conversation with Lyanne started. However, this plan was completely ruined when the same two kids and their dog suddenly came running past, trying to assist the ever growing group in taking stuff out of the car. The kids Elle didn’t mind, but the dog she did, so she started looking for something to do that wouldn’t involve her getting too close to the vicious canine.

She decided to move the crate of beers aside a bit and sit down next to her stepbrother, Silvan.
Without looking at him, rather looking forward into the middle distance, she said: ‘’So I see you decided to join the rest of us. What made you come to that mistake?’’ before realising that she already had the answer.
She turned her head to face the tied-up boy, ‘’Sorry, stupid question.’’

Riley:
"Hey Maria. Yeah, I sort of wanted the entire family to be at the BBQ. I even got my husband to arrange the week off a couple of months in advance just for this moment. However, I saw that Silvan wouldn't budge, even after threatening him with detention or a month's worth of chores. Tying him up was the only way we could have brought him here, and we've tried." Riley responded, she gazed at Silvan for a moment and looked back at her.

Silvan:

Silva looked back at Eleonora rather quietly and nodded, the question she asked is a bit stupid considering that he's tied up with some high quality rope and then dragged to the actual farm against his will. There's nothing he could do about it anyways. Well, the rope is getting rather comfortable so there's nothing much to complain about.
"It is a stupid question." Silvan responded a bit casually, being rather honest with the fact. He's not the kind of person to be kind, regardless of the situation anyways.
"So.... what brings you here though? I don't really know how often you come to these things by the way." Silvan asked her, to continue the conversation. The boy attempted to undo the knot that kept him right in these ropes. Scout knots are the most annoying, impressive that Mr. Sultan still remembers his days as a boy scout. It's like the knot is designed to be tighter the moment someone tried to undo it.

Violet:
Violet had just brought some of the salads, putting them right on the table. She took a deep breath, looking around before finially taking out her drone to use. The girl knows full well that this is the best place to use the drone, after all. It's right out in the open so there's little possibility of anyone getting hit by the drone. Little possibility indeed.
She took a relatively deep breath before activating it, she had made sure to charge her device before coming here. With a moving of a joystick on the controller, the drone raised right into the air. Violet proceeded to fly the drone around the general area for a moment, going much higher then usual. Then, the drone dived down, going faster and faster towards the packing area.
To her surprise however, a new car had driven up right to the area. Violet quickly pulled her drone away then patted Riley's shoulder in order to get her attention.
"Mum, there's some person pulling up to the farm. I don't recognise the car."
"Oh, oh dare." Riley commented.

Last edited:
Maria
Maria smiled at Riley “Well I am really grateful for your effort.” she said, smiling. She looked worried at the drone Violet took out. She was about to tell the girl to be careful with it but, till her surprise, the girl already put it away.“Maybe someone got a new car.” Maria brought up, the words of the girl did worry her, especially coming from her, but, a strange car didn't have to mean there something going on. Please, let it be nothing she thought as she looked in the direction of where the cars were parked. From here she couldn't see the cars nor her family or the other people who went to the car. Hopefully, they would return soon. “Not everyone arrived yet,” She added pointing at the table, that still had free spots. In an attempt to convince everyone but, mainly herself that it could be just fine.

Lyanne+ William(her uncle)
Lyanne was holding packages with meat, as she was waiting for her uncle to add more packages on top of that, she noticed a car driving onto the field that was turned into a parking lot. Lyanne tried to look through the windows of the car to see who was inside but, they were darkened. Strange, she thought for as far as she knew no one of SPOSCmembers had a car with windows like that. She looked at the car waiting for someone to come out.

Apparently, she had looked worried because her uncle asked, “What’s wrong?”, “Do we know someone with darkened windows?” she answered back, trying not to stare at the car. Her uncle took the last packages of meat out of the car before he closed it while doing so, he looked at the car as discrete as possible. “Come let’s go back, your mother is waiting for the food.” He said to his children and the demigods that were around, whilst he made sure he was in between the new car and them. Lyanne walked back to the BBQ as calmly as possible. Her cousins ran in front of her, still accompanied by the dog.

Eleonora
Elle had a tough time answering Sylvan’s question on why she had decided to come because she hardly knew herself. She always came to these things but more so because it had become a tradition to her than because she actually liked them. But then again, despite always dreading them, she had always had a good time at the annual barbeque; not that she would ever admit that to anyone, least of all to her step-family.
Luckily for Elle, Sylvan had already started occupying himself with solving his own predicament so she decided to help him rather than answering his question.
''Here, let me help you with that’’ she said with a wink.

She went around to his back and started fidgeting with the knot, but despite being very handy she wasn’t able to make heads nor tails out of it. Whoever did this really knows their knots.
She looked around for anyone who might be able to undo the rope and as luck would have it a whole bunch of people were just returning with various meats and food from the car.
She settled on asking Leon, ''Hey, uhm…’’ she needed a moment to think of his name, ''Leon, right? Could you help with this?’’ Leaving what it was she needed help with ambiguous in the hope Sylvan’s family wouldn’t realise what they were up to.

leon
he looked at Eleonora and then at Silvan, as he knew why she asked his help. Leon also noticed the unknown car with the blinded window, he didnt trust it for a single bit but he acted like it didnt affect or worried him, he was fairly good keeping a blank expression from time to time. "sure, i can help" Leon said as he walked over to the tied up Silvan and looked at the knot "this is really a tricky one.." he said softly, inspecting the knot

Back