Do you write to rp or rp to write?

So ever since I started to play games, I was into gaiaonline, which has the vibe style as here, me and my cousins werre into it so I did to, and before not too long, I started to writre stories on paper, and now Ive written two books unnofficlailly, and two stories online, and I always RP with them,now I question am I the only one who breathes life into their rping like jessica jones, daredevil, and luke cage in defenders, we all have our worlds, but do you see this site as a massive crossover?

Do you write to rp or rp to write?
Both? I tend to RP and build character stories, then edit their profile and continue to write their story after the RP is done.

I love to write. I love the aspect of collaborating to make a world that is entirely imaginative

Both I think. Right now, I'm trying to get back into roleplaying and using it as a creative outlet and hopefully to jump start my love of writing again.

Both I think. Right now, I'm trying to get back into roleplaying and using it as a creative outlet and hopefully to jump start my love of writing again.
I'm in a similar boat myself. I've found myself running into a wall of ideas that I just can't quite seem to get over, and I need a real outlet to get it all out. Not to mention, some of my best ideas have sprouted from RP.

I do both. I write to rp because it's a fun pass time and a nice escape from reality, and I also do it to write. As well as to improve my writing and hopefully get better so I can be the best that I can be with my writing. A lot of ideas I turn into rps to test things out before I go and write them by myself.

I feel like it's kind of fused together for me, at least with the stories I come up with for RPs. I write them to RP them and I RP them by writing them down. It's akin to being a script writer, you're writing for a particular purpose.

I started roleplaying many years ago when I was in high school, wiring helps me relax and I love creating stories.
I have a similar relationship to writing! Foremost, my goal as a writer is to convey my character’s thoughts and feelings in a way that they can be fully, organically recreated by the reader.

Back