New User Does it truly matter?

Rolo Lamperouge

@Obsidianlight is my world! :D
I've met someone online once. He seemed quite upset when he found out several people who RP do not have the same gender as their character. Does it truly matter? Is gender that important when it comes to pretending to be someone you're not anyways?

There we go :) Welcome to the Circle!

Quite honestly, I roleplay both genders, different races, different species, etc. So personally, I don't see why it should matter, especially since I see it as a way to tell a story. Not roleplaying a different version of yourself.

I've played men, women, gays, straights, and everything in between. Often I will share a characteristic with a character (I hate black licorice, so does my character, that kind of thing), but they are not an extension of me. They are not me. They're a character in a story with their own hopes, beliefs, interests, etc. Who your character is, is not who you are. So, no. It doesn't matter if you are x, y, or z and you play something entirely different.

Also, welcome to STC. We're glad to have you. :>

My main character's a 6'6 bisexual man who literally eats people for fun.
I'm a straight womanchild.
The people above me already explained the whole "my character, not actually me" thing very well. So yay!
I'm Eerines. But I'm the one without the spots. Hi!

Back