1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. New and confused? Can't post? Looking for information regarding account approval? Check out our website guide to see if any of your questions are covered there! If your questions aren't covered under our guide, post them up in your introduction thread, the help forum, or PM one of our Wardens for assistance.
  3. Donation Drive - Heavy Site Expenses Imminent. Anyone interested in helping out, [see here for details]. Thank you everyone for being such a great community of people! - Tiko
    Dismiss Notice
  4. We are currently accepting applications for multiple staff positions. Application date extended until October 26th. Check out our Site Announcements forum for details!
    Dismiss Notice

Donation Drive - Heavy Site Expenses Imminent

Discussion in 'Site Announcements' started by Tiko, Aug 13, 2017.

1. Tiko

Tiko Demon Goat Staff Member Administrator Chronicles of the Omniverse GM Warden

So as some of you know, we have been working to get a new server setup to move the site to that will greatly reduce our monthly expenses without sacrificing any resources or current quality. Unfortunately we were unable to complete the new setup in time before our current server charges another month of service. This means we now have another whole month to finish working on the new one, but unfortunately means we're going to need to tank the cost of the current server, and all the new server expenses simultaneously. This is going to be a bit rough on Dashmiel and myself.

I know many of you expressed interest in donating to help with this, and asked that I post an update if we didn't get the new server ready in time. The willingness for the community here to assist with the site expenses is something I forever appreciate.

The current server gets charged later this week, so anything we can pull in this week to help with that will be of great assistance.

Dashmiel also asked that I make note of a particularly large yearly expense that is coming up soon. When November rolls around, we need to renew our xenforo license as well as all of the licenses for our various features and addons so that we can continue to maintain active support for the website. Renewing all of that at once can be quite heavy so we have begun saving up now and any donations we can pull in between now and November that exceed the above need will be applied to getting all of our licenses renewed.

Thank you for taking the time to read this :)