Akashic Arcana Down town stroll

OmegaRper42

Arbiter of light and dark.
Casually strolling down a small street filled with many bars flashing neon signs of mascots for their particular place of establishment. A tall imposing woman looked to and fro. As if trying to decide which one would best to spend her time at.

Aife, an absolute amazon of a woman was something to behold. A tall built woman wearing what best could be described as a glowing bra underneath a small leathery jacket that had those same strange glowing marks that reached down to her sleeves and into metal gauntlets, The scales on both her gauntlets and shoulders made her seem like a Fairy-Folk. A short skirt hung around her thick hips, black tights underneath.

Turning left of the street, she found her 'spot'. Entering with a rather pleasant smile she was greeted by the sound of music that wasn't native in her tongue, it sounded rather rough and tough. Heavy metal maybe? She wasn't so keen when it came to musical genres so she didn't dwell on it too much.

Her metallic boots made a loud clanging sounds on the not so polished wooden floor, making everyone turn their heads towards the annoying sounds. Though it could also be her strange attire that turned heads.

Sitting down at the bar table alone still holding that smirk, she placed her elbow on the table. "Give me the strongest one you got, I like my drinks to have a challenge to them." Almost singing it she placed a few credits on the table to encourage the barkeep to double time it. " Chop Chop."

@JessieJames

Grimm Black arched a brow at the woman who just told him to chop chop. He had been bartending for a while now and had seen all sorts of people walk through those doors. Hell most of them he knew personally. Due to Shirosaki not being around he had taken up this job just for something to do till night rolled around when his real work began. Plopping a shot glass before her he poured some Everclear into it with a wink. That really was the strongest shit he had in stalk often times having to hide the bottle as people didn't realize the real health risk.

"Patience is a virtue," The blue haired, blue eyed male muttered as he turned away to wipe off a glass or two. He was dressed in a simple white tee-shirt with a black vest over it and jeans. His shit-kickers were a given and made clopping noises as he moved about serving those who sat at the bar and other places. Grimm had staff members but they were odd ball at their finest.

Aife as soon as Grimm had finished pouring the Everclear she took a quick swig. The taste was sweet and the texture of the liquid was smooth like rushing water flowing down a small waterfall. It was then she felt the alcohol kick in, feeling now like she had swallowed napalm she graps her throat with one arm, the other smacking the table. Her eye shrunk to pin-pricks he breathing haggard like she had been poisoned. Lastly, it seemed she could take no more and collapse on the table.

Aife's head than sprung up in the parody of a jack in the box, her smile almost stupidly wide. Crimson electricity sparking in her eyes, "Now that is what I call a drink! Also. I think another virtue is that 'life isn't a spectator sport' I'd rather be kicking ass and tagging asses with my fist than sitting in the balcony." Her tone wasn't harsh or even meant to be rather she seemed happy, downright sugar rushed joy-ish. Wither it was from the drink screwing with her head or her own excitement was up for everyone in the bar to decide. "By the way names Aife. What'cha name blue boy?" She propped her head up with one hand while the other held out the empty glass imploringly.

He chuckled at her, "You maybe right but none the less," He moved to pour her a sprite and set it before her before he filled out a few more orders that needed his attention, "Name's Grimm," He stated. A few people called him blue boy as an insult and those few normally woke up in the hospital a day or two later. But he would keep his overly willing blood lust show, "Don't call me blue boy again. I would hate to be an ass to someone so pretty."

Where Shirosaki was as foul mouthed as they came Grimm was a sweet talker. He enjoyed his flirting and often used it to his advantage in more ways than one. After all being the current leader of the Hollows was often a game of seeing what one could get out of another for the benefit of oneself and others. It was a give and take of the deepest sorts. While Karakura was a fairly safe district it had a few wild cards that refused to play by the rules and had to be dealt with if not by the police then by the Hollows. They had there rules they lived by these days and most people didn't fear the street gang. The members were easy to point out thanks to the patch Shiro had designed at their take over. A crown encircled in chain. Grimm's was worn over his heart on his vest. King was stitched in blue below it.

Giving a light shrug, "Hey, different points of view." She understood the meaning of patience, hell her family taught it so many time you'd swear that all Aife could hear the word Patience slamming her ear-drums over and over again with a spiked sledgehammer. Waiting however has never been one of her strong suits. Insults could be taken with a hearty laugh and a one-liner easily enough, she never lost focus when in a battle, never let her battle get too personal. It was all just fun.

Downing the drink again, though this time her reaction wasn't as bombastic or really that noticeable. Seems her system had already gotten used to the drink.... Dang, I really liked the rush. Guess I'm too use to alcohol. She has just turned the legal age for drinking; Well the academy age for drinking. And already she was drawn to the sweet liquid as if it was ambrosia squeezed from the gods themselves, in short less poetic terms, she was a regular drunk.

Putting up her hands defensively at the reaction her clever nickname caused, "Didn't mean to step on any toes. Just one of my many quirks I've just picked up over the years, nicknames." She faint blush at his compliment, flicking her eyelashes at him clearly playful. "You're just saying that to butter me up. "No one would expect such a tall and bulky looking woman to give such a cute and flirty laugh. Extending her hand towards him wanting to shake his hand. "Nice to meet yah Grimm."

The bluenette smirked a bit as he leaned against the bar and pointed at the shot glass, "That's all I'm giving you of that stuff," he informed her lightly before he moved to grab a beer for a costumer, "You didn't step on any toes here at least no yet. So what brings you to Japan?"

Grimm didn't like assuming each person he saw that wasn't a clear native was a student. He smiled as he though of the sort of hell his best friend was likely making in that island. Shirosaki enjoyed a little chaos and it showed in everything he did. It surprised Grimm that he hadn't seen him around in a while perhaps they were keeping the boy busy. Tilting his head he turned to the girl and shook her hand, "Same to you, Aife."

Perhaps he should warn her not to wear such revealing clothes when she come into town if she is from the Academy. His rich blue eyes caught the slight glances from the other regulars in the bar. It amused him a bit. He would mention it if it became a problem. So far it wasn't, just people being curious. It was natural even he was curious as hell about this female.

"Ah come on. Don't make me beg." She put on the biggest puppy dog eyes a person her size could manage, it was strangely very cute, while also unintentionally putting in some sex-appel, her large breast squish together making them look even bigger when she held her arm in the fashion a child begger would. Though her little acting stunt stopped before it began when the man asked what her business was in Japan.

In truth, she didn't exactly know herself. Sometimes Aife just acted more on impulse than anything else, her gut was her superior and she its loyal soldier.... But then again it seemed like her luck boarded on precognitive abilities since whenever she followed her instincts it usually led to one hell of a time. And that is what she searched for. "Well, that's kinda a tough question. Let's just say that a friend told me that I would find what I'm looking for." Unaware of how ominous she made her answer sound, she just relaxed back in her seat.

She wasn't however, unaware of what Grimm had said moments ago 'At least not yet' Aife usually came off as an air-headed girl that seemed more Brawn than brains, she choice to not correct people since it gave her certain advantages of her own. And right now she was studying Grimm more closely, observing his moments, the way his muscles twitched and worked, center of gravity. All the while keeping that same naive little smile. "Sooo, since I'm grounded from the best drink ever, could I have some....Shochu, Awamori? Did I say that right?" Aife was the first to admit she had trouble with foreign names. And even if she was smarter than she let on sometimes her mouth ran faster than her brain.

Grimm burst out laughing. Not at the woman mind you but her outlook on how he was treating her. He found it cute to some extent even if he was sure he didn't find her sexually attractive. After all he liked his woman smaller than himself and with longer hair. The smirk that crossed his lips was pleasant and likely brightened up his eyes quite a bit. He leaned on the table, "And why should I not make you beg?"

It was a question asked by that sadistic side that rared its head when around Shirosaki most of the time. In fact any who knew him passingly knew the male was a die-hard sadomasochist bleeding wasn't something he was afraid of even on a calm day. Mostly Shiro made him bleed and that was during their less humanistic meeting in the dark of night. There were bonds that tied the two men together but they never sought each other out to make their relations more than simply friends with wildcard benefits, "Fine you can have some Shochu and Awarmori but after that you really should take it easy on the booze. Not to say you don't look like a lady who can handle herself but I don't want to handle you drunk on a first date."

Moving away the man mixed the drink and served it in tumbler which he placed a few cubes of ice and a black straw before setting it before her on a napkin. His movements were damn near carbon copy of a cat's. He was light on his feet despite the heavy shoes and well balanced. Grimm was good with his hands as well. Up ending the bottles as they poured the right amounts for the drinks. He wasn't fancy but efficient.

Aife returned the man's burst of joy with a hearty chuckle. Sure the more cautious side of her was still on guard, but that didn't mean she couldn't have some fun with Grimm. She didn't expect anything sexual, despite her good looks and rack, most men seemed to be intimidated by women that towered over them sure she wasn't unnaturally tall but she was still taller and bulkier than most women nowadays. "Because. I can be very persuasive." Her voice was as smooth as chocolate and had the playfulness of a school girl.

Playfulness was all that was intended. After this she felt like wandering around town for a bit possibly getting some 'exercise', after all. A vulnerable girl like her, as tall and muscled as she is would seem easy pickings for some reprobate looking to mug or just sate some sadistic appetite. Aife would show them that she is more than they could ever chew. Many would call her mad, Aife just saw her search as something akin to mountain climbing or hang-gliding. An extreme sport. Besides she could take any joe-shmo.

She did honestly blush at the end of Grimm's sentence. Wait, What?! Does he mean that or is he just pulling my leg? hoping her scarlet fever would be interpreted as being shit-faced drunk she went back to studying his movements.... Heavy shoes yet he barely makes a sound, his balance is also something. Swift yet accurate with his hands. Not a drop of alcohol, the glass is just right... Looks like I picked the right bar. Taking the mixture into her hand Aife casually, almost gently, took a long drink. "So is it official or is that some more flattery." Her grin was pleasant, while her body was swaying left to right. On purpose yet she made it look natural.

His grin widened slightly as he leaned with his forearms on the bar top, "Interesting. We just might have to see about that, lovely," He nodded a bit before he began wiping off the bar despite it being clean. It was more of something to do rather than something that needed to be done. For the most part the bar was never that busy unless it was a weekend night. On those nights Grimm didn't bartend. It was more of a hassle than he cared to handle. After all he wasn't a lazy cat for nothing a Shiro had told him once.

He hummed slightly to the song that was playing over the sound system in a much deeper tone. A few people greeted him as they entered in which he merely smiled at them before moving to some more glasses that needed wiping off, "Official," He stated at her question, "I tend to consider any one who sits at the bar and talks to me on a date with me. Sadly not many people who sit at the bar wanna chat about the weather or local occurrences with me."

Her swaying came to a sudden abrupt stop the second he leaned in, as slightly as it was it was still enough to make Aife feel a sense of immobile excitement. It could have also been the smile he gave her. The man was damn good looking enough to accomplish that with normal looks alone, and if the night did come to... That. She might actually cave in and spend the night at whatever abode he picked.

She could assume from his moments and sense of precision that Grimm could be a force to be reckoned with, not counting any magical abilities at least. She wouldn't mind sparing with him if he would let her. But it seemed rude to ask that on the first date, so she just hummed along with him to the sound of the music, while also tapping her fingers on the bar top, "The weather has been rather nice this time of year, right?" True she found small talk like the weather boring but Aife wanted to give the man what he wanted and talk about the weather... But also some juicy details. "I just arrived in Japan about 5 hours ago so I'm not up to snuff on local occurrences. Anything I should know about before I continue my short visit? Like say... Any gangs or violent areas?" Aife hoped that Grimm would give her some unintentional directions, she would hate to just come and go without letting her fists get drunk off someone's face. And who better than a low life?

Those blue eyes snapped to her. There was something in her voice about the way she had asked that question. His grin became somewhat psychotic in the way it pulled back his lips enough to show his prominent canines. This was a lover of battle before him it was in her voice. He tilted his head as he considered her for a moment, "The weather has been lovely," He purred. The sound seemed to come from his chest, "Just off the boat I see. Well then allow to warn you... You should avoid being out after dark in the less well lit parts of town and stay clear of the warehouse district. There is a few gangs over there. Well three currently... Los Lobos, the Rēben, and the Hollows."

He tilted his head a bit more and leaned across the counter between them, "Should you find yourself in the area. I would suggest you be looking for the Hollows as they are the Crown of Karakura."

The snapping of his eyes and the elated tone, that sound like a purr made everything click. He was also a lover of battle. Aife possibly had different reason's as to why she loved the act of pummeling someone or getting pummeled herself, but like every great warrior or just a lover of battle knew, it was better to let their fists do the talking and not waste words. Besides... She never liked talking about her ailment.

She mused at the names, The hollows and Rēben sounded like tough names. The latter sounded strange but she didn't really care. It was the first gang he named that made her raise an eyebrow, "Los Lobos? Don't wanna sound racist or something, but that sounds more South American than Japanese." Laughing a little at how saying the name made her tongue fill. "Lobos. Lobos. Lobos lobos lobos. hehe kinda fun to say several times. So why are they called the Hollows? Does it symbolize something or is it a name to strike fear?" Since they were the crown she'd hazard a guess they would be some of the toughest bastards and bitches around, best to learn more not only to prepare if they pull a fast one. But also the backstory might make her want to go their even more.

He practically invited her to go, since who would go to the warehouse district. Especially if they are a tourist. "Also. Don't worry." She said in a Relaxed tone. She than pointed to herself with her thumb and wearing a prideful smile, "I know martial arts." That. She knew, was putting it lightly.

He cackled at her teasing of the Los Lobos' odd name. Indeed most of the members were Spanish in origin they all adapted to life in Japan much easier than many others. They didn't complain about the strange foods or how they honored family and brotherhood over personal gain. Shirosaki and the head of the Los Lobos had come to terms after a rough night of negotiations and a shared meal. Alex Garcia happened to like the way Shiro cooked too much food that reminded him of home. As far as he knew the man still showed up when Shiro offers to cook.

"Los Lobos is mostly hispanic people who are looking to find a piece of their far off homes here," He leaned on the bar again, "They are called the Hollows because they are said to be heartless and missing that which makes one human. Most members have nothing to look forward to but the glory of doing as the Hollow King demands of them. Family means nothing to them supposedly."

He knew better than anyone that that wasn't the case in the least with these men. They loved each and every brother and sister and would die to keep them safe. After all many of them ended up on the Hollows' doorstep when they had nothing left to them. They were taken in, fed, clothed, taken care of. It was the Chained King's gentle touch that brought many of the members to pledge there loyalty and swear to protect what their King valued. Those values were clear to the members but not always to the outsiders who stared at their changed behaviors with skeptic distrust, "I will advise this to you. Don't assume to understand any member you see from that gang. They may seem cold heartless even but they will fight for their beliefs."

Her smile faded to that of intense concentration. The short history of the Los Lobos only served to confuse her more about the origin, why stay in Japan if they seemingly miss their own culture? Possibly a reason she wouldn't understand, or would, but there was no use dwelling on it.

The very minute the topic of family was brought up made her physically deflate, "Family... Yeah." Aife had been looked after most her life or more accurately coddled by her parents and distant members of her family. They meant well, she didn't think any real parent means to undermine their children or make them feel 'special' but kindness is not always wanted or needed, especially when the only reason for it... The only reason for it is just a reminder that Aife docent have much time on this world. In fact the only people she felt treated her more than someone that needed to be treated like a person on the edge of death, was her brother and maybe her grandma, but it has been so long since she's seen that old bat.

Still listening to Grimm's explanation yet at the same time seemed like she was in her own little world, she tapped the bar top several times in a rhythmic fashion. The sound always calmed her down the slight tapping of her metal claw on matter normally it wasn't too hard or very fast. But this one was faster than usual, possibly due to the drinks and her own daydreaming, her finger used its full speed looking as if it had vanished into thin air. Only those with keen senses could see her ghost digit, albeit more blurred. Not seeming to notice it herself, "I normally don't judge people. We all come into this world the same way, but we all take different paths. Who am I to tell someone that what their doing is wrong?"

The blue haired male tilted his head to the side slightly as he studied the female's reactions, "Didn't have much of one of those did you?" He knew that look all too well. How many times had he seen it on Shirosaki's face or worse on tiny Yuuki's? He vowed to be the family they never had even his parents had joined him in that sentiment. They cared for Yuuki when Shiro couldn't and their parents wouldn't. Resting his chin in his palm he hummed lightly, "Judging comes naturally. We judge whether someone is worth our time, our advice or even a glance mostly without thought. Any one who says they don't judge hasn't seen their own true nature staring them back from the other side yet."

The 'other side' as the Hollows called it was the abyss that was the heart's missing piece. The heart wasn't complete till they were content and didn't need anything else to make them happy. Shirosaki had come up with the idea after listening to Grimm's parents talk late one evening. They loved each other with everything that made them and didn't care about what other's might say about the oddity that one was American and the other Japanese. Love was blind for them. It was blind enough for them to take other's into their home and demand nothing in return.

Turning her head as to not look directly into his eyes she muttered something, "I guess you could say it like that." Putting words to her emotions was sometimes a hard thing to do, all the nuances and circumstances could change how someone felt about a certain action altogether.Right now this seemed like the best way to put things without going on an hour-long tie-raid about how they coddle her and about her damned illness.

Feeling that her time here had been spent Aife started to reach for her wallet, Just as Grimm was describing his wisdom on judgment. "Heh. Sounds fortune cookie." She chuckled a little regaining her pep from earlier, "Anyway, I guess I do judge things subconsciously when you put it that way. Guess I should have said that I don't judge someone's character at face value." Aife finally pulls out a wallet, rather clumsily out of her inner-jacket pocket. It was a very nice black leather skinned wallet with a red chain decorated on the face and a symbol of the Nobel house of Germany. "What do I owe ya for the drinks?" Standing tall her metal shoes making an audible 'Clank' sound that made most of the patrons turn their heads.

The King of the Hollows paused in his motion of straightening up when his gaze landed on the symbol on her wallet. He had seen it somewhere. His mind searched for it then slammed into the forefront of his mind like a mind numbing punch in the teeth. His father had it tattooed on his chest and kept it covered at all times unless he was bathing. He swallowed thickly then moved his hand in a dismissive manner, "You don't owe anything," He states softly, "What's that symbol though?"

He pointed at her wallet cover. Some part of him felt there was something his father had failed to mention in all these years they had been one happy family. He needed to know even if he had to hand out a few freebies to get the information. It wasn't like he couldn't fork out for what she had ordered. His pupils sharpened like a feline's as he waited for the information. She wouldn't be difficult would she?

Blinking in confusion the sudden change in mood hitting her so hard she felt like a boxer who was seeing stars. "M-my Wallet symbol?" She wondered why he had to ask, didn't everyone know the Hartstrum symbol? Siggy should have at least been know considering how important he is... Yet Aife came to the conclusion that while unlikely some might not know of the symbol or even who she was.

She smiled warmly ignoring the sharpened gaze as if blind to it, "Its the symbol of my family. The Hartstrums of Germany." It wasn't dangerous to let people know who Aife was, at least in her mind it wasn't. Her fists were the only bodyguards she needed and they were damn good at their job. Her abilities as a mage, limited they might be, were above the normal average especially her brother. He was a complete monster on the battlefield. "We're kinda a big deal."

Grimm's expression hardened slightly he had his information that he needed. Hartstrum. He had heard the name but he couldn't remember where at the moment. His old man was clearly hiding something. He turned away from her and moved slowly to the far end of the bar. A few of his men who lingered at the edges of the bar were glancing at him clearly ready to attack if he gave the mention, "Enjoy your time here, Aife, but don't return to this side of town. If you want to drink stay on the island."

It would be the only warning she would get. If he saw her again it would be a fight likely enough. The lazy king didn't like to fight without giving his prey a chance to flee.

Back