Somnium Aeternum Dr. Arthur "Knife Ears" Bell

Average

One Jolly Cynic
Name:Dr. Arthur "Knife Ears" Bell

Physical Description : View attachment 36
Arthur stands at about 5' 11'' and ways about 130 pounds. He's very lanky and doesn't look imposing at all. He's usually seen around wearing dark black jeans with dark brown ankle boots. He's usually always wearing a half tench coat underneath. What he wears under his coat depends on his workday that day. If he's working at his clinic he can always be seen wearing a cardigan, button up shirt, and tie. At other times he usually just wears an assortment of shirts and cardigans without the tie. It's safe to say he like to be somewhat fashionable despite living in the slums. Oh and he wears a pear of rimmed glasses to compensate for his right eye.

Biographical Information: Officially, Dr. Bell works as a Clinical Psychologist in the slums of New Acadia, however if you know a thing or two about the underground I can assure you he's sold what you know to 10 different people. When he's not bartering secrets with his more unsavory clients the fair doctor helps any and all with the traumas that urban hell has to offer, which include but are not limited to rape, daily loss of loved ones, child abuse, drug abuse, and so on and so far. Don't mistake that to be the work of a saint however. No, his labor is by no means altruistic. To him, he does to make himself feel better about what he refers to as the "lovely hell grad school got me into." And if you ever ask about the pointy prosthetic ears or mismatched eyes all you're going to get is a polite smile and remark about how Christmas is probably the worse day to have a heart. Turns out Arthur's life as it is only began 4 years ago, before that you could say he was living a pretty normal, cozy life as a university student. Whatever happened that changed him is an unknown story, however, what happened a few months afterwords is a well known tale in the criminal underworld.

The doctor, somehow, became the assistant of the then information broker "Maringold." Maringold was known to be a cold and calculating individual that valued secrets above human life. Because of this it surprised many when they heard he hired a personal assistant, and such a out of place one too. At the time Arthur seemed like a fish outta water, a pathetic individual in a sea full of sea monsters. Working for Maringold didn't stop many from physically and mentally abusing the doctor. He basically became the slum's personal punching bag. Everyone knew they could hurt the doctor, but they also knew killing him would probably incur the wrath of Mr. Maringold. Also it was a mystery as to what the doctor did for Marigold other than run simple grocery errands, nor did they think he would survive a full year under his employer. It didn't take long for that mindset to change however. In the first month after employment Arthur would make his first kill with a ganger who tried to knife him for fun. To commemorate his first kill people of the slums started calling him "knife ears". Within the first year of the doctor would have put about 40 people in a hospital and 12 in body bags, with that number doubling over within the next year. No one no how or where he learned to defend himself, but many started to fear or respect him. Within the third year of employment it became common sense that knife ears wasn't some pathetic assistant to fuck with anymore. It was at this time the Doctor was able to open up his own private clinic for the mentally ill, shocking many. It would take awhile for the people of the slums to come seek therapy from, but eventually they did, and through this a more likable image of Arthur was born. By present time Arthur would become both an established Information broker under Maringold's command and an entrusted doctor to the slums. It's still a mystery as to how he became this way, or what started it all, but most people don't think past his light-hearted grin. To his patients and the people of the slums, it's better to believe in what they see than wonder about what could get them killed.

Additional Information:
Arthur's Prosthetic ears only give him slightly better hearing than normal humans. His eye has a zoom function, better than average night vision(far from total night vision however), and a network interface overlay which can serve a number purposes from basic facial recognition to extended data analysis. I'm not totally sure how far I can push the technological capabilities of his eye but so far I think the that the things I listed are reasonable, if not please tell me!

Back