Dragon Knights of the Realm (Dragon Shifter RP)

ChelonianCommander

Strength of Steel, Will of Iron
Setting

The RP will be set on the continent known as Drurnax. It is a country that is set in low fantasy medieval era where exists many city states scattered across Drurnax. In this world, the dominate life form are known as Drakins. They're human like beings, indistinguishable from the humans from our world save for one major trait. Every single human is capable, from birth, are capable to transforming into one of 10 species of horsed sized winged reptiles, also known as Dragons. During this RP you'll be exploring this fantasy world, through fantastical forests, grand deserts and violent peaks walking through these lands on the feet of humans and also through the eyes of dragons.

Introduction

Many centuries ago, there was a terrible war. A war that spanned all of Drurnax and the vile ones who waged this terrible war that scarred this great land was known as the Purebloods. The Purebloods had forged a mighty army of heartless, ruthless and cruel warriors and led a crusade against all who opposed them. They destroyed many cities and enslaved tens of thousands of Drakin. They stole everything they could take and burned everything they couldn't. Those who were captured were enslaved. Those who resisted were destroyed. Those who surrendered were forever crippled with their wings severed so that they can never threaten the Purebloods.

It wasn't until a great army was formed, a brave chapter united by their ideals to preserve all that is beautiful and sacred and protect all who were weak and innocent. They called themselves the Knights of the Realm and these thousands of warriors, courageous, strong and selfless, under the leadership of Grand Master Elzidon, met the bulk of the Pureblood's army and their King, Ragnus in the battle. They were outnumbered but fought with their all. When the battle was at its bleakest, all eyes were on Grand Master Elzidon and the Pureblood's leader Ragnus who were entangled in a vicious aerial battle. At the battle's climax, both bloodied and tired, the two charged at each other for a final attack. Ragnus slices off Elzidon's hand with a powerful slash of his claws, but even with the lost of his hand, Elizidon's attack severed the King's head from his body. With Ragnus dead, the Pureblood's morale shattered and were easily destroyed by the newly invigorated Knights of the Realm.

With the Purebloods defeated, Drurnax was allowed to recover and the Knights of the Realm, now only a few hundred after the battle, left Drurnax and were over time become legends and stories. However there are rumors that a single Pureblood managed to escape, Ragnus's bride the Queen Halda, who waits into the shadows for the time that the Knights are relegated to nothing more then stories and the Purebloods are nothing more then nightmares.

Characters

You are all orphans, around 17 years of age in an Orphanage known as Lovely Faces, located in the city of Alka. You spent at least half of your life here and have yet to learn how to completely fly. You grew up on stories of the Knights of the Realm, tales of great adventures, larger then life heroes and heroic victories against the forces of evil, monsters and common thugs alike. However that will soon come to an end as whispers of many young children have been going missing in many remote cities.

Species

There are 10 species that I will mention. I am going to use pictures from the online game Flight Rising. The images used belongs to them, and no copyright infringement is intended. If you are interested WAIT FOR ME TO TELL YOU WHAT TO DO BEFORE MAKING YOUR CHARACTER.

Broadchest
Broadchests are well armored, and proud dragons. Unline most dragons their underbelly is covered in thick plate scales, which protects them from attacks from underneath. However this extra armor makes them slower, meaning they cannot reach the same speeds as normal fliers without special training.
dragon
Skytouch
The Skytouch dragons are dragons who evolved to live on the highest peaks of Drurnex. They are adept to navigate high winds and have better flying capabilities then other dragons but are not as fast or comfortable when on solid land.
dragon
Broadjaw
Broadjaw dragons are known for two things, having rather broad mouths and being rather strong. They live on craggy areas with strong rocks and used to use their bulk and arms to carve out homes. This strength makes them powerful but the extra bulk it difficult for them to hide.
dragon
Snowhair
Snowhairs primarily lives on cold arctic areas near the south and north poles. These dragons have evolved to have fine hairs to keep in bodyheat to allow them to live in such cold areas on the ground and in the air. However this makes them rather ill suited to spending more then a few hours in hot environments.
dragon
Seaspears
Seaspears are primarily a coastal breed with a large lance like spear that grows out of their upper jaw, like a marlin. They use these spears to hunt and battle with other dragons. They have good offensive capabilities but are lacking in defensive ones as their hides are thinner to allow them to dive and rise from water without any loss of speed.
dragon
Spritewings
Spritewings are lean and swift dragons who primarily lived in quiet forests and feeding on fruits and nuts. Their lean design allows them to fly faster then most other dragons, since early on they had to run from bullies and predators, but to allow for this speed they are rather under armored.
dragon
Nightclaw
Nightclaws are the assassins of the Dragon world. Like owls, they are capable of flying completely silent. This allows them to hunt unaware prey and to attack and escape without a single noise. This a rather effective defense mechanism, but at the same time their claws and teeth are more used to attacking smaller prey, so they have weaker offensive capability.
dragon
Miststalker
Miststalkers come from from mist covered bogs and swamps. These dragons are experts in hiding and ambushing prey and predators alike and are no stranger to conflict. They can easily hide in near any environment but lack the physical strength to match their stealth.
dragon
Sandstrider
Sandstriders are experts in ground running with powerful hind legs, allowing them to run on two legs for hours at a time, while most dragons need to run on four legs. This unque adaption allows them to be more confortable and easily adapt to most form of ground terrain, but this comfortably to the ground has made them somewhat awkward in the air.
dragon
Duneskink
Duneskinks are the masters of living in the desert. They are survivors in the blistering hot days and ice cold nights, being able to survive for days of no water or food when most dragons need at least 2 meals a day. The heat and hot environment are nothing to them prolonged cold temperatures can kill a Duneskink in a greatly reduced time then the other breeds.
dragon

Name:
Species: (Which Dragon are you)
Human Appearance: (At least 3 sentences describing your character or one picture and two sentences. NO LISTS)
Dragon Appearance: (Send me a PM telling me which Species you want to be then I'll tell you what to do.)
Personality: (No list. Give at least 3 sentences)
Background: (Give at least 3 sentences. REMEMBER THAT YOU ARE ORPHANS FOR AT LEAST HALF OF YOUR LIFE.)
Notes: Just small bits of trivia of the character. Optional.

1.) FOLLOW THE AGE BRACKET!!
2.) Do NOT ask me "Can my character be 1/2 <Insert Race> and <Insert Race>?" Cause I will say no.
3.) NO GODMODDING!!
4.) I gave you a guideline for backgrounds. Please read it.
5.) If you want to be a species that is not on the list, talk to me first. If you do not I will automatically reject the character.

1.) Site Rules apply to the RP.
2.) Please try to write at least two sentences per posts.
3.) No excessive gore. Blood and maiming is fine, but no detained descriptions of gore.
4.) No overt sexual themes. Romance between players and NPCs are allowed, but nothing rated R. Keep it PG-13
5.) Language will be monitored. You can still swear but no overdoing it. I don't want 13 F-Bombs and 21 S-Bombs per posts.
6.) NPCs will be present. If they are named then you are NOT allowed to touch them. Unnamed NPCs can be touched but only if it makes sense. If your 14 year old character who has never been in a fight manages to beat up 6 hardened thugs then I'm calling god modding. I am rather lenient about having powerful characters, but if you make a character too powerful for their age/skill level I will speak up. If you do not know if what you're going to do is god modding, ask me and we can talk. This is the easiest and safest way to avoid god modding.
7.) I reserve the right to call RPers out on god modding or breaking site or RP rules. If you break them 3 times, you will be kicked.

1.) Parents do not have to be the same species. The children will have a 75% chance to be the mom's species and 25% chance to be the father's species.
2.) This a pre-gunpowder world.
3.) The currency of the world are known as Floran, which are golden coins.
4.) Drakin are omnivores and need to eat two meals a day, one in the morning, and one at night.
5.) Drakin are unable to breathe fire. They are not immune to fire either.

Last edited:
I'm interested. I just need to build a character and pick a species. Don't worry, I'll follow directions and run anything I come up with by you first.

Well this would be intresting I cant promise to be able to write daily but I think once a day/once every two days would be managable in the weekend and if my sumerbreak starts I would have more time. If thats ok.

sounds interesting, i've been waiting for an rp like this. thanks for inviting me chel

So...I don't mean to pester everyone, but how are those characters coming along? If you need help with anything just let me know. :)

I'm still rusting from a few RP replies & it's 11:38pm. Will get the thing up tomorrow. Best to hunt for a picture before I sleep.

I'm having problems. I don't create original characters as much as I use the ones I've made already. And that won't work for this one. Sorry for taking so long.

Everyone meet Jane:
Name: Jane Rosary
Species: Seaspear
Human Appearance:
latest

Once-Upon-a-Time-season-5-merida-.jpg

Source: Merida from Once upon a time. Upper Picture comes from the once upon a time wiki page and the lower picture comes from hypable. (yes two, I know the upper picture gives a better view of her and the lower one is a picture of her smiling what I wanted to include.)

Jane is 1.70m (5’6) tall and has a slender body build. Unlike Merida her eyes are of a very light brown color. She also looks a bit younger than her. She usually wears clothes that are a size to big and are usually that covered in dirt and repaired with that many pieces of other cloth that it was hard to make out the original color of the clothing. She always wears an old back bag where she carries around where she keeps all her stuff.

Dragon Appearance:
dragon

Source: the picture is created with the help of the online game flight raising.: http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=scrying&view=morphintime

Personality:
Jane is a very positive person. She rarely really thinks before she says something and has the habit of talking really quickly if she has a lot to say. The loss of her family weight heavy on her even though she barely has any memory of the time they were still there. She is really close with her brother. She did made a couple other friends but, she rarely leaves his side that is as much as possible. Both of them are not the kind of people who would sit in a corner and feel sorry for themselves. If someone would steal something from them of one of their friend they would steal it back. If someone bullied them or of their friends they would make sure it was really clear they shouldn’t do that. It didn’t take very long before everyone knew not to mess with them. After he left some people did try out if she would be able to defend herself alone without her brother and quickly found that yes, yes she could.

Despite the fact that she looks fearless, Jane does has fears. Plenty actually, over the years she just got skilled in hiding all her fear and worries behind her big smile. But in truth she is really scared of losing the people she loves and she hates it to be separated from them. Janes biggest fear of all is thunderstorms. She used to hide under table when thunderstorms came and only Micah could keep her calm. For the rest of the world it may seem that this fear got less over time but, truth be told she just got better at hiding it.

Background: Jane grew up together with her two older brother, two younger sisters and her parents in a farm close to the city Alka. When Jane was six years old lighting strike in the farm and the house burned down to the ground. Both her parents and Noah her oldest brother died in the fire. Her two younger sisters were adopted shortly after. She never really was able to have contact with them after that. Micah left the orphanage just a couple months ago and helps around on farms in the hope to save up enough money too rebuild the farm. The farm is now a ruin and the wish to rebuild it seems like a stupid dream.

Family
Parents Shayla and William
Siblings
Noah (6 years older)
Micah (3 years older) 18
Sophy (3 years younger) 12
Elisa (5 years younger) 10

Notes: Jane carries around a small pocketknife that Micah gave her when he left the orphanage.

Last edited:
Name: Marka Darin
Species: Skytouch
Marka%20Dalin_zpsq0byo90s.png

Human Appearance:
Much like her dragon form, her eyes are orange-red. She likes to wear bright colors, normally matching her dragon colors.
Dragon Appearance:
Skytouch%20Form_zpsod86et2u.png

Personality: She can be very kind and compassionate, as well as loyal. But don’t betray her, or make her mad. You will find she is a truly ferocious enemy.
Background: Marka grew up in Lovely Faces. She was abandoned by her parents as a toddler. She never knew what exactly happened to her parents after they abandoned her. She looks forward to the day when she can fly free and explore the world away from Lovely Faces.

Last edited:
I know this is full, but I was wondering if you would be willing to accept me into the RP. If not, I'll completely understand. Just let me know either way.

unknown.png

"Morning already?"

Name:
Aquarios Tidefall

Species:
Seaspear

Human Appearance:
Aquarios is 160 centimetres tall, tall for her age, and is rather slender in appearance. Her eyes are a bright blue, and her hair is white, but appears to be a lighter ocean blue under mildly dimmer lighting conditions. Her dress is a simple silky white.

Dragon Appearance:
DIfVC3s.jpg

Personality:
Aquarios is a soft, gentle individual. She is often seen looking over the younger ones, and some of the older ones too. Aquarios isn't too fond of elders, but she respects them. Most of all, she enjoys being alone as she sings a little tune.

Background:
Aquarios was a member of an extinct tribe of Seaspears - the Tidefall tribe. The causes were unknown, but her parents sent her to Lovely Faces to protect her from the attackers. She was merely seven during then, and she was well aware of the events that unfolded. These days, she is the gentle, calm one among the orphanage children.

Notes:
The Tidefalls had a heavy connection to the ocean, which is why Aquarios yearns to see it again.
The Tidefall tribe has always had more of an affinity for swimming, being more versed in the art than flying, seeing the skies as a tertiary field.​

@Crow Sheet looks good. Accepted. :)

Also the extinct tribe part of your backstory is rather interesting. I'm going to keep that in the bank for later.

Back