Dreamscape

"This one. It's not something I'm familiar with. Accounting in this country is a lot different from China." She looked up him and glanced at his lips for a brief second remembering their kiss before blushing and pulling her attention to her book once again. She took a deep breath, he smelled nice. Nadya closed her eyes, her hearing had tuned out as she had turned to him embracing his nice smell.

"...ust add those together a-. Hey, are you listening?" He had been explaining for five minutes now while she had been embracing his smell within her. He just closed his eyes and face palmed.

Nadya jumped and blushed looking at him innocently, she smiled sheepishly. "S-Sorry you just smell really nice, your so close it's intoxicating." She scratched her cheek with a finger and looked away from him to the side. "I'm listening now I promise." She bit her lip giving her best innocent smile.

"Hm. So you like the cologne I got? Glad I bought a bunch before I got here then." After that, he clears his throat and goes detail into detail, step by step of how to do the accounting. "...so then you add the amount of zeroes equal to that notation, and you add these two numbers together. That's about it." (All that zeros and notation and even legit, me just wanna sound smart XD)

(XD)
Nadya had tried to listen attentively, but, every so often her gaze drifted to his lips or his eyes. She sighed and nodded, "Mmhmm I got it." She closed her book and bit her lip. Nadya yawned and stretched, "Wanna have a sleepover?" She tilted her head smiling before standing up from the desk, she tripped over her pants leg and fell over him. Blowing the strands of her hair from her face she groaned. "Ouch." Looking down she noticed him under her and looked at him with concern. "Are you alright Zane?"

Zane just blinked blankly and stared. "Going to take more than a pretty lady on top of me to hurt me." He huckles, keeping still so he doesn't knock him over. "As for the sleepover, why not?" He chuckles. "Are you okay?"

"Yea i'm fine, i think i just sprained my ankle a little but I'll be okay." Nadya shrugged and laid her arms over him so she could lay her head down and look at him, "What should we do? I feel like if I fall asleep this time..you'll be gone when I open my eyes." Nadya chuckled smiling gently at him, there was no definite word she could give their relationship. She was far to afraid to ask him out, her father and brother for one might have a fit, and even though he did say he liked her there was no guarantee he'd accept. She sighed and got up plopping on the bed yawning again.

"I honestly have no idea. Its my first time being at a friends house." He sighs. "I'm just as lost as you. And I think my pups can live one night without me, so I'll sleep here." He then rubs his arms nervously. "I mean, if you want me to."

Nadya glanced at him and nodded, "Well yeah. Otherwise, I don't think it'd be much of a sleep-over." She laughed at patted the bed beside her, "I don't have any extra blankets so we can share, I guess we can talk...I do still need t tell you a lot about myself." Nadya hugged her pillow and sighed, she hated reliving her past, but also wanted to make things fair between them since he had already shared so much.

"You don't have to if you don't want to. I only told you because I would have felt more pain if I haven't" He sat on the edge of the bed. "Just go with what your gut tells you."

"I feel like you should know..Not even my brother or dad knows." She held her shoulder and sighed taking a deep breath, she laid her head in his lap and closed her eyes. "Growing up in China looking the way I do was very hard. Not only for me but for my mother, she was ridiculed and laughed at. Outcast by the other parents. No amount of money could change what people think. To you or even here I may fit in at least a little, but here things are different. I was laughed at because my skin would tan, and my hair sometimes curls. Because my eyes are too big and I have more curves. Kids are cruel, but mostly because of their parents. I got bullied a lot. My desk carved hurtful words I don't think I could ever repeat, my books were thrown in the toilet." Nadya laid an arm over her eyes biting her lip, "They would throw trash on me, once in high school a group of girls locked me in a closet and took pic-pictures of me, they spread them around the school. My mom asked my dad to transfer schools after that. Everywhere it was the same, they dishonored my family name, beat me up, treated me like trash. And the only relief I had was that I would graduate soon...." Nadya took a shaky breath to calm herself before the tears started falling. "And then my mum, she was so sick. They had targeted her, the women in the neighborhood treated her terribly. She was always sick, but she never told me a thing always worrying about me. But, I was so selfish I never relied on her. I never told her that I was okay. I just pretended like everything was fine without knowing that she knew. " She covered her face with her hands, "Then she died, and nothing was the same. I lived by myself for the remainder of high school, of course, the moment never stopped but I never told anyone. My father and brother were bound to take it out of proportion...when my dad finally came to visit me he offered for me to move here. Living there was too painful for me, and not only because of the memories." She went silent and wiped her eyes sitting up and sighing trying to hold her emotions in check.

Zane looked shock at this story and clenched his fist. There weren't tears, but anger instead. "This is why I hate the world. This is why I hate people. He then punched the wall. It nearly cracked based on the crunch heard. He then sat back down and sighed. "Some days, I just wish the world was one massive bonfire. I know it's a horrible thing to say, but with what I seen, I don't give a damn." He then looks at you and takes your hand. "If anybody treats you bad, let me know. I'll handle them myself."

Nadya jumped when he punched the wall and looked at him. She smiled when he took her hand and shook her head laying a hand against his cheek. "My mother taught me many things. The most important is not to be angry at the world. If the world was to burn I may have never met you, were it not for this world we may never have known about each other. She said the only thing to do is to learn and grow. I may have been in pain before but the pain fades, it will not last forever. And those people that hurt me, whether they feel regret they will get whatever judgment they receive in the end. In China, the children learn from their parents, and the parents learn from old traditions in place. I have come to terms with what happened, it hurts but it doesn't define me." She smiled gently at him and brushed the hair from his eyes sighing. "I feel... better than I did telling you."

He seems to calm hearing those words. "Heh...your right. That seems like something a mother would say." He sighs and falls backwards on the bed. Suddenly, he seems to listen to something. "Wait...do you hear that. Scratching." There is a scratching noise if you listen hard enough, and its at the front door.

Nadya sat up after listening and hearing the noise, she turned to him, "Nope. I am staying put, I am not checking that out. I swear if this becomes a clown horror movie I'm going to freak out!" She crossed her arms over her chest determined to keep her cool, though her eyes clearly said 'hey I'm flipping my shit.' She wasn't sure if they should ignore the noise or actually go check it out.

Zane quickly runs out of the room. When he makes it to the front door, he opens it, fist at ready. Nadya then hears a scream. But it wasn't a scream of terror. It was of excitement. "Chloe and (forgot the other ones name so...) Max, your both so smart. How'd you find me!"

Nadya froze when she heard the scream and quickly stood up, "Crap." She looked around her room until she decided that her textbook was as good as any to hit someone with. It'd probably hurt enough for her to be able to run to the kitchen. She crept down the stairs carefully holding the textbook high above her head before closing her eyes and taking a deep breath. She rounded the corner and yelled holding her textbook high above her head, after seeing Zane with two cuddly pups her screaming slowly stopped and she lowered the textbook. "Dogs?" She sighed and leaned against the wall with a strained laugh, "I thought we were gonna die."

He laughs and rubs his dog's stomachs as the roll over. "Yep. These are my Chloe and Max. I've clearly trained them well, as they must have followed my scent." He laughs more as they pounces at you and start licking you excitedly. "And they seem to like you. Heel!" Chloe and Max bot get off of Nadya and sit, looking at Zane patiently.

Nadya yelped and fell backward petting them excited, "They are adorable, I'm really glad they didn't turn out to be killer clowns." She laughed and scratched their head talking puppy speak, "Your not a killer clown at all are you cuties." When Zane spoke they jumped off and sat, the sound of his dogs caused her own to scratch at the back door she laughed. "Seems my own pups want to play, Do you wanna sit them out back and watch a movie?" Nadya tilted her head and smiled.

Zane nodded. But the odd thing was, he woofed and pointed at the backdoor. The stranger thing was that the dogs understood. They ran to the back door and ran outside, the pups playing and play-fighting with each other. Zane then closes the door and chuckles. "So what movie do you want to watch?"

Back