Dreamscape

He chuckles cockily as his clothing morphs into Raiden's costume. "I most certainly wasn't expecting to play it this way, but in that case..." As he mutters this sentence lightening strikes his hands, the sound of thunder piercing the twos ears. He gets into his combat stance as he beckons you to take the first hit. "...Good luck!"

Nadya smirked and got into a fighting stance, she presumed it would be easier to play this way. She just hoped he didn't decide to go easy on her. "Fight!" The intercom voice boomed behind them and she ran over to him crouching and moving to kick him in the chest. Hopefully, this shot would be enough to lower his health bars, they were set up just like the game itself. Though rather than three they'd only have one round.

Zane went flying back and landed flat on the ground. He laughed as he felt his health diminish. How did he know this feeling? Who knows. He closed his eyes and imagined the machine. He was moving the stick and pressing the buttons. Suddenly, he flew with both his hands straight out like he was pushing something. As he landed the hit, he finished the move by kicking his feet, sending you backwards. He still imagined the arcade machine as he implimited different combos. He was no longer playing the game. The game was playing him.

Nadya watched him closed his eyes and tilted her head before being sent backward, she shook her head feeling the health bar diminish. She pulled the fans from her sides and darted towards him slicing at him before jumping in the air to kick him. She heard the faint sound of an alarm and frowned looking at him.

He lands gracefully and sighs. "Well times up sadly. I'll see you next time Nadya." He grins a sad grin and waves as he starts to disappear, fading back into the world of the awake. When he awakes, Zane smacks his own alarm to turn it off. He groans as he gets dressed. The first day of school. This is always a pain. He looks straight up at the ceiling, frowning. "Why can't joy last forever God." He smiles and goes ever so slightly pink as he thinks about the kiss. "If only you were real."

Nadya stood there for a moment and waved a goodbye too him. "I'll see you next time. Maybe we can do something even more amazing!" She sighed and stood there for a moment until her own screaming alarm pulled her from the dream world. Nadya groaned and turned the alarm on her phone off, sitting up she rubbed her eyes recalling her vivid dream she flushed, it wasn't real but how she wished it was. Pulling herself off her bed she stretched before going to her bathroom, she showered and changed into an off the shoulder v-neck dress that reached her thighs. It was an off-white color covered in roses. She matched it with a pair of white converse high tops, placing her hair in a high bun with simple lip gloss and eyeliner before grabbing her bag with her books and other simple things she'd need. By the time they'd arrive in Australia, it'd be time for her to head to the new college and get her paperwork for classes. Walking downstairs she looked around for her father and only saw a note with a pair of keys and flight tickets, that only meant her father had already left on business. Sighing again she grabbed the keys and made her way to the airport. Going through baggage and customs she was finally on her flight to her new home.

~

She was running a bit late by the time she had gotten off the plane and gotten to claim her baggage, her father had arranged transport for her. His secretary had arranged someone to pick her up, she climbed in the black Escalade that was giant compared to her small 4"9' frame. When she finally arrived at the campus she noticed the slight attention the big car brought, of course, it looked dangerous compared to most everything else. Slipping her headphones in her ears she stepped out of the car with the help of the guard and made her way down the path to the office. She kept looking at the map the school had sent her in her email feeling a little bit lost. Though she was too much of an introvert to ask help, only because she knew she sounded foreign. Nadya was born and raised in China after all her accent was thick even though she spoke English well, Chinese was her main language.

After doing his morning ritual, which consisted of the normal showering, eating breakfast, and talking to the mirror, Zane ran outside and hopped on his motorcycle. He straightened his black leather jacket, making sure he had it on fully, adjusted his leather pants (he is a man of leather), and placing his foot which had a leather boot on the footpeg, he put on sunglasses and rode off to his new school.
When he arrived, he saw a beautiful looking lady step out of a black intimidating looking vehicle, and walk off to the school. Something was quite familiar about her, but he couldn't quite place his finger on it. He snapped himself out of it. "You have no time to look at pretty ladies Zane." And so he stepped off his bike and took out his map. "Quite big schools they got here," he muttered to himself, as he walked towards the office.

Nadya managed to muster up the courage to ask a member of the staff for directions and finally made it to the office. Slipping on earbud from her ear she pushed the door open to the front office and walked in. Her bun came loose but she barely noticed. She felt small, of course, she was but the room just made her feel smaller. "How can I help you miss?" The lady at the front desk pulled her attention back to what she was doing. "So sorry. I am Alexander, Nadya. I-I mean Nadya Alexander." She flushed slightly from her mistake and walked up to the desk giving the woman her ID and paperwork. "Ah, one of the new transfers. Pleased to have you here." The woman smiled but Nadya felt as though it wasn't genuine. Nadya let out a breath as she handed her the schedule for her classes and Id back. "And you sir? How can I help you?" Nady took her things and turned to move out of the way before bumping into a figure. "Sorry!"

Zane looks at the ground with a frown. It's the pretty lady from earlier. 'Quite clumsy if you ask me,' he thinks to himself. He looks at what looks like the secretary. "Just a moment." He then looks down at the girl and picks her up. "It's fine, but watch where your going from now o-" His eyes meet hers as they widen. Zane freezes, standing completely still after having gotten her to her feet. Now he knows where he gotten that familiar feeling. "No way..." he mutters to himself, still in shock. He tried to move, but he couldn't He couldn't even let go, his grasp ever so tight.

Nadya picked up her glasses off the ground and brushed the hair that had fallen in her eyes before gathering her things. Embarrassing herself the first chance she got made her turn pink. When the boy went to help her up she sighed, "So sorry again. I will look out next tim-" When she finally managed to look up the pink in her cheeks turned red. It was Zane, at least someone who looked like Zane. She needed to keep herself in check, that was after all a dream. Maybe he just so happened to look like Zane. The overthinking had numbed the feeling in her arm until she felt the pressure from his grip and winced, "I-I'm sorry but could you let me go, please? You're hurting me." She cleared her throat and looked up at him through her lashes. There was no way this way Zane, and even if it was it had to be a crazy coincidence that he looked like the Zane in her dream.

He managed to pull himself together and let go. "S-sorry. You just look like someone I know." This wasn't happening. Maybe he was in a dream loop? He hadn't have one of those since he was little. Yet it felt real. He had to make sure that this isn't who he is thinking of. "Your name doesn't happen to be Nadya, is it?" he asks her uncertainly. Zane trembles slightly as a bead of sweat slides down his neck. If this was her, how would he feel? 'Its so odd how dreams feel so different than reality.' said a voice in his mind. 'But sometimes, even dreams come true if you want them bad enough. You know its her, so why aren't you happy?' Zane ignored the voice in his head.

"It's okay. You look like someone I know too." Nadya cleared her throat trying to mask some of her accent as best she could while smoothing her dress back to normal. Hearing him say her name she looked up at him. "Uhm- well-well yes my name is Nadya Alexander. And you are?" Luckily the woman at the front desk had stepped to the back so it wasn't as though they were just awkwardly talking to each other. What would she do if his name was Zane? What could she do? What if this was all still a dream, she curled her nails into her palm until they pinched her skin, wincing she realized that this was not a dream. So why was she not screaming with joy?

"Then it is reality. My name..." he pauses. How is this even possible. He was never one to believe in fantasy, his father made sure of that. Father. He grits his teeth as he thinks about his dear old dad. He shakes his head, getting him out of his head. "...Its funny. We already know who we are, yet we are still introducing ourselves like we just met. My name is Zane Daniels." Zane doesn't smile. He isn't chuckling. There is no sight of the happy Zane that seemed to always appear. 'This must be some sort of sick joke. Maybe this is possibly a hallucination. Yet her reactions are to precise.' He sighs as he can't think of any more ways to contradict what was happening.

Nadya looked at him then took a small step back once his demeanor changed. Hearing him speak she turned pink once again, "Zane...So you're real...But then how?-" She looked to see he wasn't his usual cheerful self, not at all the boy she was used to. She looked down and then over to the clock, she was going to be late for class. Nadya wanted to stay to find out more, to understand what was going on but she also didn't have time to waste. clenching her schedule and phone in her hand she looked at him, her Zane was not nearly as cold as this. "If you'd excuse me, Zane...I have to make it to class before it starts, I'll- we can- I'll see you later." Nadya lowered her head and rushed out of the room towards her class. There was no way he was real, nonetheless, that demeanor of his was frightening. She would have loved to stay with him and figure this out, but if she missed her class she would be scolded.

Zane stands completely still. He was a husk at the moment, a hollow shell. "How..." The secretary walked back into the room. "Now what is it that you need sir." Zane looked at the secretary, but still didn't smile. "..."

Zane walks into the classroom, a few minutes late. Nadya and Zane however happen to share their first class. He glances at her, but his face shows pure emptiness. "Sir, your late. Please, take a seat." Zane walks into the room, his fist clenched. "Whatever." The teacher frowned, clearly disappointed in his attitude. "Sir, I ask you to please be respectful to a teacher." Zane stopped and glared at the teacher. He was losing his grip of reality. He quickly shakes his head. 'You can't lose it. Not on your first day.' "My apologies sir. I will take care in watching my tone next time," Zane says, a little more emotion and sincerity in his voice. He then takes a seat and waits for class to start.

Nadya looked up as Zane walked in the classroom, seeing his empty expression she felt a pang in her chest. She quickly faced her book when he began talking to the teacher, a few snide snickers here and there filled the room. It seemed schools were the same no matter what level. She knew all too well what it was like to be ridiculed. Nadya wanted to go to him, to talk to him about their earlier interaction. Maybe get some clarifications, but she was too afraid. What did it mean if he was real? How could they even meet each other in their dreams? She sighed and ran a hand through her hair, quietly gathering her books she moved to the seat beside him when the teacher had his back turned. She glanced at him and took a breath deciding there was only one way to find out. She pulled a piece of paper from her binder and wrote on it before sliding it to him. 'Are you really Zane?'

He looked at it. He didn't know how to feel still that this was real. 'I guess I'm happy about this,' he thinks to himself. His smile managed to surface once more, but only for a second before disappearing. He wrote on the note, 'Yes. Some would say this is a dream come true.' He added that little sentence to confirm the question, and slid it back to her. He then started taking notes on the lesson, concentrating on every word of what the teacher was saying. Yet at random intervals, he couldn't take his eyes off Nadya.

When she saw his smile she felt a little relieved, that reminded her of the Zane she knew. Seeing his response she smiled and glanced at him, since the lesson had started she decided she would pull him off to the side since her next class wasn't for an hour or so. Pulling out her various pens and highlighters, she focused on the teacher. Between highlighting the book her notes and color-coding everything while still keeping up she had barely noticed his staring. Barely, she still felt his eyes on her now and then. Every so often she brushed a stray hair from her glasses view or wiggled the pen between her fingers when the professor took a moment to explain or answers someone's question. Once he dismissed the class she wrote down the homework and reached out to grab the cuff of Zane's leather jacket. "If you have time let's talk. My next seminar isn't for hour." She cringed at her Chinese dialect slipping and faltering her words before looking at him.

He ignores the Chinese dialect, though it interests him. He always wanted to learn the Chinese culture. But that was for another day. Zane looks at his schedule. "Forty-five minutes on my end, then I have an hour lecture. So we have a bit to chat. Lets talk outside though, the lack of air is killing me." He chuckles lightly and walks out into the hall, waiting for you to follow.

Nadya followed after gathering her things, she neatly placed them in her bag and walked outside the room to where he was. "About earlier....Sorry, I wasn't avoiding you. I just can't be late for class, my father would scold me." She rubbed her arm and pulled her bag back up over her shoulder. They walked outside and she looked around, "I still can't believe this is real. It's funny, I feel so out of place with you now that I know this is real, that all of our conversations and interactions you were real..." Nadya smiled at him and placed her hands behind her back, an image of them kissing earlier that morning popped into her brain and she flushed. So that did count as real. She felt like her heart might explode if she thought about it to much.

Back