Dreamscape

Zane found a bench and sat down. "Indeed. Its a confusing feeling. Something you dreamt about finally comes true, yet your confused on whether you feel the happiness." He clasps his hands together. "The thing I'm confused the most on is whether this is the dream world or the real world. I can't tell anymore." He then looks at you curiously as he sees you flushed. "Are you alright?"

"Y-yes! I-i'm doing fine." She laughed awkwardly and joined hi on the bench, muttering a curse at herself in Chinese she sighed willing herself to calm down. "Well this is the real world, i pinched myself earlier and it hurt. Not to mention I can't conjure up anything I want right now, unless I call my dad's secretary." Chuckling she looked at him some strands of hair from her bun fell down. "Why are you n Australia again? I don't think we ever talked about it. I mean I just thought you were a figment of my subconscious."

Zane sighs deeply. He didn't want to talk about why he moved to Australia, but he figured as long as he was vague, everything would be fine. "Back in America, I've made so many mistakes. I was stupid. Selfish. And I was tired of the people there. I wanted things to change. Then I found that Australia's plane tickets were surprisingly cheap. I figured people would be different. I hope to be right." He clenches his fist. "In other words, you could say I took the cowards act and ran away from my problems."

Nadya looked at him and frowned, she placed her hand over his clenched fist. "There is nothing wrong with escaping troubles. Wanting a fresh start doesn't make you a coward. At least if it counts... I don't think you are." Nadya looked at him smiling and took her hands off his rubbing her neck and turning pink. She couldn't imagine what he must have dealt with, and now more than ever she wished they had talked more about their lives.

His smile reappears, piercing your soul. He chuckles sadly. "It's quite strange. Your actually the only person who can cheer me up. Either others try and piss me off or they just flat out hate me. Its so weird how human emotion works." He looks at you, still smiling. "So, why did you have to move here?"

Nadya stared at him wide-eyed when he smile and turned her head to hide the blush that just wouldn't stop gracing her cheeks. Clearing her throat again she managed to face him when he spoke. When he asked why she had moved her smile faltered if only for a moment before she looked at her hands. "U-uhm well....my mother...she died nearly two years ago... And my dad is from here since my brother has his own things to care for in China. My dad wanted me to move here with him when he got a deal on a business project. Staying back in China was too painful for us so we left." She looked at her hands sadly before shaking her head, "But, the plane ride here wasn't so bad. And I fit in here more than I do in China. Aside from my accent and weird talking sometimes."

His smile disappears. "I'm sorry to hear about your mother. She must have been a kind soul." Images of his own mother enter his mind. He places his hands on his head and takes a deep breath. After a moment, Zane takes one hand and makes a cross in the air. "Thine divine soul, rest in heaven. May Thy take you in his grasp and wipe your blood and tears. Father, lead thy sister into eternal happiness." He ends his prayer by making the same cross again. When he finishes, he sighs.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey. Whenever your online, I gotta ask you something. Im tryna help a friend out with an RP, but nobody seems interested. Yet I think it could turn out great! I was wandering if you could take a look and see if its your cup of tea))

"She was but no need for me to dwell-" Noticing his change in demeanor and the strained breaths he was giving she looked at him concerned. "Zane are you-" When he said a prayer of sorts, from something she wasn't at all familiar with, she looked at him. "Zane...are you alright?" Nadya looked at him extremely concerned and wanted to take his hand, but didn't in fear that she might cause some other strange action. She was worried and passed before looking at her watch, "You should get going. your class starts soon."

He looks at you with a look of care, like he didn't want to let something go. But after that, he sighs. "Alright. I'll see you soon." He gets up to walk to class, but then turns. "That was my mother's own little prayer by the way. The prayer for the deceased." After that, he walks to class.

As Zane walks through the halls, he sighs and thinks about his mother. "Don't worry mom. Life will be good here. I know it." Right as he says this five men turn from the corner. They dress like a couple of rich kid punks, ready to make ones life a living hell. "Well well, look at we have here. Fresh meat. "Zane sighs deeply. "God, it's just like high school. Does ever school have a bitch." What seems to be the leader's face furrows in anger. "What did you say to me punk!" Zane laughs, but his laugh falters to a look of being annoyed. "Listen, I have no time to be talking to non-threatening little pups. So just move and I'll excuse myself." The group sniggers as they draw pocket knives. "Your going to regret talking to me like that." Zane sighs once more. "Oh bother." After a few moments, a scream can be heard even by the people outside of campus.

Nadya smiled and looked at him, it was a nice little prayer. Not one she was familiar with but still. This only made her wonder if the prayer was for her mother... or his. Sighing she sat back down on the bench and pulled out her notebook, she went over her notes from the last class lacing the sticky notes on the pad in their respective places. After a few minutes, she heard a piercing scream. Quickly she gathered her things and went towards the noise, maybe someone was in trouble. Or maybe there was panic in order to take her next class she needed to know what obstacle lied in her way.

All the boys lie on the ground except for the leader, who is currently being slammed against the wall. "Listen there kiddo. I don't think you know who your messing with, but that punk 'I'm the best' bullshit is pissing me off." He drops the leader and places a hand on the leader's shoulder. The boy is crying his eyes out. "I-i'm so sorry sir!. Please don't hurt me." Zane smirks. "Hurt you. No no. I'll do much worse if you come near me again."

Nadya had managed to push through the mass of people gathered to see Zane slam a boy against the wall. She took a step back looking at him in mass confusion and slight awe. She sighed and shook her head before walking over, she stood near but not so close as to startle him. "Zane are you alright? What happened here?" She felt frantic and didn't know if she should be more worried for the boy or Zane.

He turned to you and sighed. "These idiots did a poor job of jumping me." Zane points at the rest of the men who are knocked out on the floor. "Try this ever again and I break the other one." The leader looks at Zane confused. "The other wha-" A loud crack that sounds the halls can be heard followed by another scream. He then picks the boy up to his feet and kicks him square in the chest, sending him backwards. He got knocked at least 10 feet back. "Fuckers," he mutters under his breath and turned back to Nadya. He rubs his arm nervously, seeming to calm down. "Sorry you had to see that side of me."

Nadya looked between Zane and the other boy until she heard the crack. She winced and watched the boy fly backward. Her head snapped to Zane and she sighed taking her thumb to wipe the blood off his face with a shaky hand. She wasn't as scared as she was angry, people were the same everywhere. "I'm just glad you're alright. There's a lot of them...But next time maybe make it so they don't scream." Nadya chuckled awkwardly trying to keep her mind under control, he was still her Zane. Even if she was terrified of him right now it didn't change the overall feeling she had for him, she only hoped that he knew that despite her shaking hands and words.

He sighs and looks away. "Most people would run away from after seeing me snap. They think I'm a monster and cower in corners the moment they see me. I'm surprised you haven't done the same." He then turns to look at you. A single tear can be seen rolling down his face. "I don't deserve your kindness." And with that, he ran off, probably to hide somewhere.

Nadya looked at him sadly, "You're not-" When he ran off she sighed and ran a hand through her hair, "a coward.." Looking at the time he saw it was time for her next class, she figured he might need some time alone. She didn't have his number or any of his class information so she would just find him after.
The whole during class she could take notes but her mind kept wandering to Zane. What type of life had he lived before coming here, that it came to this? She had seen her fair share of fights in Chin. Bullying was a much larger problem but well hidden. She had experienced that plenty, had she half the strength or courage Zane did to stand up to her attackers she wouldn't be as introverted and scared as she was now. When the bell rang she quickly stood and rushed out of the classroom, luckily she only had two classes fr that day. She went looking to the classrooms first hoping she could find him. But, what would she do when she did?

Zane later ended up in the class after the previous one he skipped (he was in an empty classroom). As he walked in, the news of him surely spread. They all scooted their desks away from his as he sat down. An empty look was in his eyes. All that happiness he felt before disappeared. He took out a pencil and started drawing. There was still a few minutes before class started. He drew what looks like a Labrador Retriever. It had a collar with the name Millie on it. As he drew, tears fell down onto the paper, soaking it. The last time he cried was when he was little, and at that time....well, let's just say it was horrible.

Back