Dreamscape

Nadya was out of breath she had run from classroom to classroom, the only one she hadn't bothered to check. She figured he must've been in there, clearing her throat she saw the professor and needed to stall him. She made up some lie about needed paperwork in the front office and that would stall him long enough for her to look. She fixed her clothes and hair before walking into the room. The first thing she noticed was the people sitting far from the center, in the center there was Zane. Crying. "Oh no." She carefully walked over to him and crouched down in front of the desk looking at him. "Z-Zane? Please come with me? We can go somewhere else that's not here. Just don't cry. It wasn't your fault, they were targeting you. It was self-defense...Zane please? I don't think your a coward. And I-I still love you quite a lot." Her cheeks tinged pink, she might as well set a world record today. She reached out her hand to smooth his hair. "P-please?" She looked at him hopelessly hoping he would at least listen to her, the longer he sat her being ridiculed the worse people would act towards him and that was something he didn't deserve.

He doesn't react, still drawing. When he finishes, he looks at you, tears streaming down his face. "I need some air," he choked, and stood up, walking to the courtayard of the school. He felt like he was going to puke. All these memories. His poor Millie. He hated the world. He wanted everyone to burn. Paper clutched in hand, he fastened his pace.

Nadya frowned and turned watching him leave before standing, she stopped at the doorway and bowed to everyone apologizing for the disturbance before rushing after him. She didn't know what was going on but she needed and wanted to help him. She ran after him and grabbed him by the waist. "Zane, please! I need you to tell me what's going on. Whatever it is I'll be right here. I promise-promise I won't leave your side. Just please talk to me. I'm worried about you." She tightened her grip around him not wanting to let him go, surprisingly for a college campus the courtyard was empty or maybe that was because he walked through, whichever one it was she wasn't certain. "I've always been there by your side, whether in your dreams or not I'm real. I was so happy to see you, to be able to touch and hug you. You've always been there for me when I needed you. So please let me help. "

"..." He stands there and hyperventilates, trying to calm himself down. After a moment, his breathing calming. He looks at you, his face wet though he stopped crying. "Its funny how memories work. Whenever you try your damn hardest to keep memories buried, more and more flood in. You deserve to know the truth. I could tell that you have been wandering about my past, so the least I can do is tell you. Am I correct?" Though his breathing his calm, his heart pounds through his chest. It aches. It aches so badly.

Nadya let him go and moved so she was facing him, she had managed not to cry but only looked at him smiling. "Yes. I have been wondering, but I won't force you to tell me. Only tell me if you actually want to, and if it would make you feel better." She took his hand to move him to the edge of the fountain, "In return, I will tell you about me as well. But only when I'm ready. Fair enough?" She tilted her head but didn't let go of his hand, of course, she wanted to know. But, not at the cost of his sanity.

Real quick...his story does involve the mention of abuse, but seeing as that is against the guidelines, i was going to ask your permission. If you dont allow me or dont wanna see it, i can word my way around it))

"That's fine. It'll make me feel better if I tell anyway. Get these damn thoughts off my chest." He takes a deep breath. "It started when I was about four years old. My mother left my father and I after he started beating on her. Her last words was that prayer actually, because my grandmother had passed. Well, my dear old dad didn't take that too well. He starting abusing me and commanding me. 'Making me a man' he called it. And if I failed the task, he'd either beat me or punish me some other way." Zane clenches his fist tightly, to the point it was red. He then showed Nadya the drawing. "I had a Labrador named Millie. She was a fine dog, and today I still love canines. But my father attempted to teach me how to make tough choices, and forced me to shoot her though she was in perfect health. I couldn't do it. She was my only friend. But when I said no, he punched me so hard I fell, and shot her for me." He pauses as another tear falls, but he wipes it off.

Nadya listened to his story and looked at him sympathetically, "You're not a coward Zane." Nadya stood and moved herself to face him, she placed her hand gently over his. "Your father was a cowardly man, less than a man in my opinion. You don't have to prove yourself to me or anyone. And I am certain that your dog doesn't blame you. I am sure she is watching down on you happily. I know I could never blame you for anything you've done." Nadya reached up and wiped a tear, she leaned to him and kissed him gently. Her body moved on its own before she backed up to look at him. "For what it count's I like you just the way you are, and you are the bravest person I've met. I wish I had half the bravery you had."

He chuckles, and more tears drip down his face. Tears of happiness. He quickly hugs Nadya as if he was going to lose her. "I may not be a coward, but I'm telling you damn straight that I ain't brave. But if you look deep down in yourself, you can find your true self. You just have to unlock it." He lets go and sighs. "My story doesn't end there...do you want me to say the rest. I'll warn you that you might not think the same of me ever again, but you've got the right to know."

Nadya hugged him back rubbing his back and chuckling at his words, "Things are very different where I'm from." She moved to face him again and tilted her head smiling, "You are Zane. Your past doesn't define who you are, it only shapes you. But my mind won't change about you." She smoothed the hair out of his face and held his hand again, giving it a reassuring squeeze.

He blushed slightly as you did, and placed his free hand onto yours. "A few months after the incident, my father was overtaken by darkness and grief, and ended up committing suicide. I had no relatives left, so I had to raise myself." He sighed. "It was hard, but if there was one good thing my old man taught me, it was how to hunt. Back then, compared to now I was an ametur. But at the time I was real good. Even tamed a pack a wolves who sadly ran away one day. I was getting along life fine even though it was rough. But one day, I needed money. Without out it, I would probably die. I ran out of hunting stuff, my axes for chopping wood long since dulled. And we lived far from civilization. So I did something I still regret today. I met bad people, and they saw how good of a hunter I was. They wanted some folk dead. At first, I refused. But I was desperate for money. So I became their little hitman."

Nadya listened to him, her facial expression changing from rested to furrowed brows, "Why did you never tell me? I mean yea sure us being in a dream but still, you're my best friend albeit my only friend..." She bit her lip and pulled him into a tight hug. "No matter what you've done, been though I know you don't want to hear it from me....I forgive you. And I still like you." She let him go and held his hand tight.

"Heh..." he hugs back. "If there is one thing I'm actually okay with about this dread world, is that it has rare people like you. The problem is that there's not many." After Nadya let go, he done the same and held her hand. "Thank you. I'll also forever be on your side. And to be honest, I'm crushin on ya." He laughs softly. "I know because the funny thing is, I don't ever want to let go."

"oh dear." Nadya's face bloomed a brilliant bright red at his words, his words suddenly reminded herself that she had kissed him three times. She yelped embarrassed and covered her face turning from him.

He placed a hand on your shoulder and chuckled evilly. The bad boy within him was coming out. "Aw. Your so cute when your flustered." It was then his turn to kiss you. After he did so, he cackled more.

Nadya looked at him wide eyes, she thought maybe her brain had imploded from how red she turned, it went from her neck to her ears. "Y-y-you fiend! M-my first kis-kisses." She was a stuttering mess and wished she could wear a mask to hide her face. "C-cute?" His words had just hit her. How embarrassing, admitting he was her first kiss.

He smirks as he places a finger on your chin and lifts your head up towards him. "Aw. Now why do you have to call me such a thing. I'm not a fiend. I'm a wolf. And a wolf protects and loves his pack." He then kisses you on the lips, but he took his time this time.

Nadya's lip quivered from embarrassment, she looked a him and gulped. When he kissed her again this time she melted, it didn;t change the color of her cheeks but it did manage to make her weak. She pulled away from him after a moment breathing a little heavy before realizing they were in public. "M-maybe w-we shouldn't kiss in p-public. It isn't proper. W-we could get scolded for such a thing." Back in China PDA of any type was looked down upon, she assumed it was just the same everywhere. She glanced up at him innocently, little did she know her innocent look turned more alluring then she thought. She was after all wearing and off-shoulder V-neck and her legs were exposed.

Back