Duskbound (A Fantasy Roleplay) [Sign-Ups + Discussion]

JSJ_2000

Benefactor
5ypDyAE.jpg
SU Status: One spot currently open. DM for more details.

"They scour the lands, plaguing it with their presence and reaping the only thing they know how to do – devouring humans. Disgusting beings, these ‘monsters’ or ‘demons’ are. Where they come from is unknown. Recorded in mankind’s history as being devils or a way to ‘cleanse’ our world from humans according to some religions. These beings cannot be reasoned with, nor tamed, and whether they produce any sort of benefit to the world is unlikely. Judging my notes, I can come to the conclusion that their sole reason for existence is nothing more than to burden mankind with their presence and to eat our children until their gluttonous stomachs can eat no more."

- Father Joseph

4af8QPZ.png

The country of Arandia would be so considered by many people, an ideal place to start a life. Great weather, decent politics, and it has been relatively neutral in terms of wars for many years. With a temperate climate, the weather can change here and there depending on where someone ravels to within the country. Vast forests, mountain ranges, and fantastic coastlines fill the province, and can be great for travellers and adventurers of the like. Despite this seemingly pleasant facade on the surface, not everything is what it seems.

The city of Ivesburg. A large, dark, dreary, gloomy town that is fun as it is lawful. Located towards the northern part of the country, its weather can be rather bipolar at times. Sometimes sunny, with an added amount of rain and the occasional chilly weather. The citizens of this city have persevered and learned to work with they have. Its numerous businesses that help the city function and tick properly, with anything from bakeries to cafés, to street-vendors that can be found here, alongside a farm located just outside the city. The streets for the most part are clean and well kept (save for certain parts of districts of course), with some trees planted about to add some green as well as a few street lamps to keep the city well lit in the evening. Although the city itself may seem okay at first, upon living here it becomes clear there is something much more sinister going on. The Mayor of the city, Donol, prides himself in making the city run to his liking, and it goes without saying, he doesn’t care what other people think. With Ivesburg currently undergoing its “Witch Trials”, that is finding and executing those practicing magic and witchcraft outside the Church of Dawn, it is safe to say that Donol takes no chances to ensure his city is well whipped. Although with good intentions, Donol himself is not a bad person, just a bit too ambitious for his own good. If anything, his son Dimeris is the truly wicked one, calling the shots behind the scenes, convincing and coaxing his father to regulate the city in ways he deems fit. Going from door-to-door to houses and businesses often collecting unpaid tax money, or simply abusing his power, the man is not liked by many. In fact, he is best known for ‘supposedly’ framing those who he doesn’t like, in an attempt to have grounds to punish them. His disdain for poorer people and the middle class in general is well known, and he expressing this disgust openly. Speaking of classes, the city can be divided into these areas, otherwise known as districts:

The Bunberry District
This is where the wealthy or noble citizens reside. Located on the northern end of town, this area is generally smaller than the other districts, comprised of large manors and gated communities. Although not uncommon to see non-wealthy citizens around here, there is not much to do other than look at houses or simply take a walk around.

The Hive District
The largest of all districts. The Hive is the name given to the entire district of this city. This district houses everything such as businesses, residential neighborhoods, and the local church is also located here. This district is the one area anyone can be seen at because of the multitude of things to do. The gunsmith and blacksmith are also located here, as well the theatre where actors will perform and participate in plays for the public to enjoy. The central market place is usually the busiest in this district, where street-vendors will be located alongside smaller businesses and children playing around near the city fountain. It also in this central marketplace where Mayor Donol will make announcements and often execute or hang criminals for everyone to watch.

The Willows
The worst district in Ivesburg. Here is where the poorer citizens reside. Although some areas in this neighborhood are not that bad, much of it is filled with crime and shady activity. Generally speaking, the people here do not make much money and some are pushed into this district when they cannot pay enough to keep living in the other districts. Rumors also state that a certain powder-like drug known as Salva is also being made here and distributed.

The Outfields
Although outside the city, it is still technically a part of the city due to its location. Here is where the farmland is located, where crops grow and the local farm produce for businesses and vendors to buy and sell. There is also a mine located out here, where the miners work. It should also be noted that there is a cemetery located out here. Other than that, there is not much else here, and it is essentially this area that cuts off Ivesburg from the rest of the world. What lies beyond, is a grassy landscape with few trees littered about.

vCnbzzd.png

Preying upon people, and ultimately capable of wiping out humanity, Demons are considered to be the absolute worst form of life in the world. They are also widely regarded as Monsters by a majority of the population, because of their often grotesque appearances that don't depict common animals. Their history is shrouded in mystery as it is unknown when exactly they appeared in the world, however some documents state that they originally showed up after humanity made their mark, whilst others claim they have been here before humanity. However, they have had an impact on humans’ bloody history, terrorizing, hunting, and eating anyone or anything they come across. Although for the most part, they thrive in the wilderness, they are the main reason why many people do not venture out alone. They are not however, invincible. Like any living being, Demons can be killed, although it may require a bit more effort than a simple mountain cat, and may require more than one person. Like animals, Demons often have species as well. It is not known how they reproduce, however, it is a generally known fact that they do reproduce in some manner or another.

TMP8vlT.png

An organization within the city, the teachings from the Dawn Church extend across the country of Arandia. Well-known, and rather respected (at least by most people), members of this religious organization practice the art of performing “Miracles”, otherwise known as "Magic". Although some people consider them to be a sort of cult and actually practice witchcraft, the church has stated that their miracles only help people. Supposedly ‘healing’ illnesses, curing sicknesses, diseases and also fending off demons and spirits with magical attacks, their claims are still murky. However, they are a generally peaceful bunch, rarely resorting to violence for any reason. Many of the members are willing to help those out in need, and do not except payment unless it is a donation to the church itself. Father Jospeh, the founder of the church, preaches that The Creator originally intended for Demons to walk this earth, however, upon seeing how wretched and ugly the beasts had become, The Creator created humans to dispose of the beasts. Although many people agree with Father Joseph in that demons must be rid of, many find his preaching too be a bit much.

It should also be noted, that disciples of the Church of Dawn are able to use Magic. Magic is dangerous, and volatile in nature and must be used with caution. They are also given access to the library which not only has books on Magic, and how to use it, but also books on history. This is where a lot of information is passed on through the city, in regards to the world. It should be noted, reading books on Magic is not permitted by outsiders, however, the public is free to use the general studies section of the library. Learning magic is a difficult, gruelling process, and is not for the faint of heart. It can take years just to learn one spell and sometimes even longer to master it.

Note: Members of the Dawn Church are the exception to the Mayor's Executions. The Mayor does not like criminals, and those who practice magic that are not apart of the Church.

Magic
As mentioned before, Magic is a dangerous thing. Not only can it be used to inflict harm, but it can be taken advantage of. Likewise, Magical books and teachers are hard to find, and as such, restrictions are set in place to ensure information on the arcane does not fall in the wrong hands. Firstly magical books are usually in the confines in libraries or offices of sorts. Magic is considered to be a privileged practice, and as such, many lesser people would never get a chance to even read a book of that nature. Secondly, learning magic on one's own in incredibly challenging. Many people would often need to seek someone who also knows about the practice and is willing to teach. And thirdly, Magic is not able to be performed by everyone. Although this one is a more natural restriction, majority of people would never be able to do any sort of Magic, even if they studied for years. This is solely because many people believe that Magic is an internal attribute, and is dependant on many factors that are not as black and white as many people believe them to be, such as personal traits, mindset, etc. Magic can be combined into these categories:

Offensive: Offensive magic includes all spells that inflict some sort of damage directly. Examples of this include a standard Fireball spell, etc. Essentially if it will harm someone or something, then it counts as Offensive Magic.

Defensive: Magic in this category includes spells that don’t do damage. Generally speaking, Defensive Magic usually fall under one of two criteria: 1) The spell protects the user or someone else from harm 2) The spell will incapacitate someone or something without directly harming them. Examples of each could include some sort of barrier than ward off foes, or a spell that may stun a foe.

Healing/Miracle: Healing magic is also referred to as Miracle Magic by some in the world, especially religions. Doctors often use this to help with their medicine, and treat their patients. It is fairly straightforward, in the sense that this type of Magic heals the user or target, or helps ailments. Please note, no Healing Magic will ever 100% repair wounds or damages. Same goes for illnesses. It is not always possible to cure diseases through magic.

Support: Support magic is anything that does not fall under the above categories. Examples of Support Magic include reinforcing an object, blessings, to possibly even some sort of combat boost. Examples of each can include possibly reinforcing an iron arrow to become stronger, or a blessing spell to keep someone awake or even sleep for that matter.

It takes a lot of effort to perform Magic. Energy to perform Magic is not indefinite, and one can get tired very easily from it. Likewise, it can also be fatal to keep performing magic when your body is not complying with it.

041sxKq.jpg

If you haven’t guessed it already, your character starts off in the city of Ivesburg. What your character does is up to you, whether they are some sort of laborer, performer, etc, its your decision. In terms of the setting of the RP itself, I would say it is stuck somewhere in your typical fantasy/medieval era. With that said, I should note that this roleplay is not heavily focused around combat or fighting, but more so interaction between characters and story progression. Obviously there will be combat, but please do not sign up and expect there to be fighting right off the bat. This story will start off in Ivesburg and build upon there. The characters will eventually be leaving the town, so be prepared for that.

And one more thing: To make things a bit easier, and flow better, I am going to be splitting this roleplay into ‘chapters’. For example, we will start in
Chapter 1 obviously, and when the little bit of plot is done for that chapter, we can just move on to the next chapter. This is done for these reasons:

1. If people want to find a specific post, they can simply find the post that started the chapter and search it from there rather than keep going through pages
2. Easier to transition between certain situations and cut between events
3. Easier to focus on the plot, since each chapter will have their own clear sub-plot
4. Keeps things clear and concise by focusing on a chapter at a time
5. It allows for players to create their own chapters, where everyone can partake in

Rules + World Rules

1. All Forum Rules Apply
2. This is a rather darker roleplay, so I guess I rate it “m” for all the usual stuff (swearing, some gore, adult themes). Please don't abuse this, and use it as an excuse to swear excessively or be crude or vulgar. I rated it this, to give a bit more freedom with writing.
3. No godmodding. As said before, this is not an RP about fighting, but make the fighting realistic. If your character got hit, make sure you describe they actually got hit and not just shook it off like it was nothing ( a punch to the face does hurt).
4. No having multiple characters
5. Magic is only available to characters who practice it. Not everyone has access to it, and not everyone has the aptitude to perform Magic, even if you study it. Magical aptitude is dependant on the person themselves. If your character knows any Miracles, make sure it isn't overpowered. Things such as bringing back the dead, stopping time, moving mountains, etc are forbidden. With that said, if I find that your magic is overpowered, then I will let you know. A character who does not know magic, should still be able to kill one who does. Magic is not some invincibility barrier.
6. No bunnying other characters without permission. However, something I do allow, is for you to bunny my character if you need to (you don’t have to ask me, unless you think it is something out of the ordinary for my character to do).
7. Not really a rule, but please give me critique if you don’t like something. For example, if you guys absolutely hate the whole chapter thing, then please let me know and I will most likely scrap it. With that said, if you have an idea for a chapter or want to have one revolving around your own character or whatever, please let me know.
8. Once again, not really a rule, however, I should note that this roleplay is not based around any existing franchise of the sort. It is simply my own creation.

The Sign-Up Sheet

Name

(Straightforward. A First name and middle or last name (if they have one)).

(Age doesn’t generally doesn't matter in this roleplay. Could play as an old man, middle aged woman, etc. Just have it make sense please.)

Appearance
(Good description of your character. Picture does not substitute for writing. Only human characters.)

Personality
(Explain their personality. Their traits, habits, how they behave etc.)

Background
(Probably the most important section. Detail anything here, from their origins, social class/status, occupation, family, or anything else that would fit in here.)

Magic
(This is optional. List out magic that your character has, if they have any. Max 2 for now)

Weapon
(Your character will be getting a weapon, as per story. Choose a basic one for now. They don't have to start off with it as the RP begins, unless they have good reason to. As I said before, the story will give them a weapon anyways per plot).

Other
(Anything else you want to add?)

~
Current Players
Hainer Moradi (JSJ_2000)
Amalia Trelles (Jag)
Fatima Lennox (Dan)
Victus Riviera (Hydrangea)
~

I will only be accepting about 4-6 players or so, mostly because I don't want to be overwhelmed with so many players/participants. But this will not be first come first serve, but rather, I will be picking based upon how well the characters are written, and if they would be a good fit. But if there seems to be more interest and people want in, then I will try to accommodate :) With that said, there is currently one spot open. DM me for more details, if you're interested! Do not post your SU in this thread, without talking to me first, please.

Also note, all banner art are from the video games Witcher, Dark Souls, and Dragon Age.

Last edited:
First time joining an RP on this particular site. If I may join, would you rather I post the sheet here or DM it to you? Forgive me if I'm a little rusty x3

Hey no worries! It’s my first time hosting a roleplay here :)

Post your SU sheet here! That way it’s easy to view by everyone :)

Name
Amelia Trelles

Appearance
Amelia stands at 5’6” with a lithe, slender build of someone who relies on agility and speed over brute strength. A largely pale complexion carries inset eyes of a paler blue surrounded by jet black hair which falls just below shoulderblades, although it is rarely worn in any fashion other than tightly pulled back.

The youngest of the Trelles family wears clothes some might find odd on the streets of Ivesburg, trading the normal clothing of the city-dwelling for the hand-sewn colorful shawls and wrappings of the mountain people.

She would be considered traditionally attractive in the event greater care were given to her appearance – such as washing her face more often.

Personality
Amelia is fiercely independent but also deeply loyal to her people. Their existence on the outskirts of civilization in Arandia have often given them a us-against-the-world mentality that has bred into a full-blown sense of constant rebellion in the youngest child of the Trelles family.

Just as quickly as her feet are to get her out of trouble, her mouth can get her in it. Lacking the social graces and tact of those raised with the formal education of Ivesburg’s finer regions, Amelia is quick-witted but even more quick-tempered, unafraid to speak her mind despite the trouble it often means for her.

This spirit leads to confrontation often above her punching weight, but for those in whom Amelia finds a sense of trust and kindred spirit, she is a fierce and devoted friend.

Background
Amelia was born and raised among the mountain-range people of the Dhenari, somewhat akin to the Romani Gypsy people of Earth’s history. Dhenari trace their lineage back to the times of nomadic life and align their culture accordingly, eschewing cities and large communities for the outskirts and wilds. They are a deeply spiritual people and traditionally gracious and welcoming to outsiders, although the trend of prejudice against the Dhenari have led to greater skepticism of those who cross into their hidden territories.

They subsist on their own small, family-based communities where the concept of “it takes a village to raise of child” is absolute and literal. Due to their constant movement, they rely on a great deal of trade with the Outfield, their own goods from the mountain and their hunting parties trading for agricultural goods in what has become a very fruitful relationship for both.

As a result of their existence on the fringe of the world, the Dhenari have suffered perhaps the most of any at the hands of the Demons and have developed their own beliefs as to why the creatures haunt grounds the Dhenari have long-called home.

Amelia is trained in the line of the hunter, the lifeblood of the Dhenari. Educated in the way of the wilderness and the skill of wielding a bow from a young age, Dhenari Hunters are both skilled archers and graceful afoot, silent stalkers of the wood and mountain with a centuries-long calling of successfully tracking prey, large and small.

At the start of the story, Amelia finds herself in Ivesburg as she was part of the group making the semi-annual trip into the city to purchase the supplies the Dhenari are unable to make themselves or obtain through the normal trade with the Outfield. Due to issues with Demons along the way, the mountain pass that leads home was cut off due to impassable snow, stranding her amongst the sea of civilization until she is able to return home. With what little Arandian money she has, Amelia has scraped by for a small room at a dingy inn in the Willows for the time being.

Magic
N/A

Weapon
Amelia has been trained since the age of six with a bow and is a crack shot, although her experience against anything other than wildlife is limited to a few encounters with bandits on the mountain passes and one hunting party tangling with a Demon. She is adept with a short-blade dagger for protection and utility work.

Reactions: Dan
Hey Jag!

Great SU! You are accepted! I like how you incorporated your own Lore into it, to expand this world a bit :) I'll put my own SU in today as well, in about an hour or two.

I've probably been working far too hard on this sheet, but I came up with some questions. (I always come up with questions lol)

1. What does it take to become a member of the church? Is it, like, regular church where people just... show up? Is it for upperclassmen and Willows (slang term off the top of my head) alike, or only for those with a tad bit of wealth?

2. Mildly related to the first question, are the people who train in magic only members of the church or are there others (who've possibly survived execution) hiding themselves out in the middle of the districts?
Can anyone who already possesses magic train another or is it only certain people?

3. (You don't have to answer this, but it was a thought of mine.)
What is Salva on a more detailed level? What are it's effects, I suppose, on a person?

Good questions :)

1) anyone can join the church. In a nutshell, anyone can technically come to the teachings and pray and whatnot, however to actually be a member and study there just requires Father Jospeh’s permission. So if he sees good in a person, and see they are wanting to learn, then they are in.

2) Yes, so there could be hidden magic users within the city, however you’d have to explain how they came to know any sort of magic without the help of the church. And possibly how they were able to avoid any sort of suspicion (granted, it’s not hard to just not perform magic and avoid being seen). So yes, they could have learned it from someone else.

3) it’s effects would be similar to that of any typical real world drug. Hallucination, makes you feel good, etc. Some people experience it differently, but for the most part it’s comparable to the real world counterparts. As for the actual substance, it’s a powder.

Let me know if you need anything else :)

~
My Sign-Up!

Name: Adhan “Hainer” Moradi

Appearance: Hainer stands tall, being a few inches above 6 feet around 6’3”. Working in the mine quarry and docks frequently, and from a young age, has given him a strong and burly build. His hair is black and mainly in an undercut style, with the sides of his hair being very short, almost cut right to the skin. He is generally clean shaven on the face, although he will typically grow it out when he’s very busy or does not have time to clean it up. In terms of imperfections, he has a one long scar that extends from his left eye, to the side of his head due to an accident. His eyes are dark in colour, and his swarthy skin tone matches his family’s bloodline.

In terms of clothing, Hainer does not tend to ‘overdress’, often opting for simpler clothes. This is in case he needs to get his hands dirty for work, or whatever the case may be. For his top, he wears a short sleeved, white coloured tunic with the bottom part tucked into his pants, topped off with a brown coloured vest on top of his tunic. For his pants, he wears tan coloured pants made out of a comfortable cotton-like material. His look is finished off at the feet, wearing typical black boots that would be durable for most day to day activities.

Personality: Hainer is generally hated in town. Many people consider him to be arrogant, inconsiderate, and selfish. His goals generally revolve around the family business, so money is definitely on his mind a lot of the time. He is a strict person by his very nature when it comes to business, and he uses intimidation to often get what he wants. Although he knows when to separate personal business with professional business, he has no qualms about coming to peoples’ personal homes to claim debt or to deal with his employees.

Despite this, he does care for his family very much. His only known living relatives are his father, and grandfather, and as such, they do have a soft spot in his heart. It could be said that he holds people close to him very dearly, however, due to Hainer’s job and his reputation, the man does not have many people that he would consider friends. Hainer often belittles his employees for not doing a good job, and often docks pay from those who perform poorly or mess up. He has been known for verbally abusing, and physically abusing his employees, as well as those who owe him debt.

Although it may seem bleak, Hainer is not a lost cause. He finds solace in painting, and as such, he often paints in the confines of the Moradi Manor. His room is decorated with paintings of lush scenery, and animals, which he finds it calming and a way to destress from his world of dealing with people. Something to note, is that he has made several paintings of his mother. Although he has never met her, these paintings are of course just recreations of how he thinks his mother looks.

History: Hainer’s father, Kareev came to the country at a very young age with Hainer’s mother, from a desert country known as “Irislla”. Married young, the couple founded themselves in the city of Ivesburg, although it was a simple small village back then. Kareev found himself working in the local mine quarry on the outside of town, becoming close friends with the elderly man that owned the quarry. Not having any relatives of his own, the man became quite fond of Kareev, treating him like a grandson, and eventually handing the reigns of the quarry to Kareev. The Quarry slowly but gradually became a hub for workers to find jobs, as the town grew. As the business bustled and grew, so did Kareev’s wealth, who found himself exporting minerals and diamonds across to other towns. He soon found himself in business with the owner of the local seaport in town, and with some dirty tactics, managed to snag the ownership after the original owner’s death. Using the port to export goods, alongside his mining business, Kareev found himself with an overabundance of wealth that he used to sway the politics of town. It was around this time that Adhan was born, given the name Hainer by his mother. Although, it wasn’t soon after that his mother up and left one day, leaving Kareev to take care of his son by himself.

Growing up, many people would think Hainer was spoiled due to his father’s wealth, however, that was the opposite. Kareev knew the byproduct of hard work, and his son was no exception. Working in the quarry, and the docks, Hainer was pulling, pushing, lifting and throwing things all day long. When he wasn’t working, he was painting, or went outside with his servants and his father’s higher up employees to run errands for his father. He always had a difficult time making friends, not being able to connect with other kids on a more personal level. He didn’t particularly find the other wealthy kids interesting either, so Hainer stuck to himself most of the time.

As he grew older, his father gave more and more responsibility to him and the family business. Now named “Moradi Port” and “Moradi Quarry”, his father has moved on to more political affairs, being on the city council alongside the mayor and 5 other council members. Although he still technically owns the businesses, much of the work is now Hainer’s responsibility. His grandfather spends much of his free time doing whatever he pleases, often giving Hainer advice when he needs it, and is generally a much calmer entity than his grandson. His grandfather has been known to give away money to those who need it, without telling his grandson.

Hainer also has his own personal ‘business’, as a source of money for the townsfolk. If people are behind on taxes, owe a friend money, or just need money in general for whatever reason, Hainer gives it to them with no questions asked. The only contingency is that he gets his money back, alongside a 25% interest fee on top of the loaned amount, on a pre-decided date. Because of his no-hassle motto, many people come to Hainer for help, even knowing the consequences. He has been known for showing up to people’s places of business, homes, and even finding them walking around town, and demanding his money back if its not paid back in time.

Magic:
N/A

Weapon:
Hainer wields a regular longsword. He has dabbled in a bit of swordplay from his servants around the manor who have taught him from time to time.

Other:
  • Although Hainer tends to deal with things on his own, including his debt, he also has hired men specifically for finding debtors. He often sends them out, when he himself is too busy.
  • His official name is Adhan, although most people know him by Hainer

Last edited:
Yes I don’t see anything wrong with that :) if anything does seem wrong in your sign up in regards to that, I’ll let you know. But otherwise that seems okay by me :)

Name: Fatima Lennox

Appearance: Fatima is a well-built woman, standing at 5’11”, adorning a muscular frame which was built over years of helping out at her father’s shop—Lennox Smithing & Alchemy. She has a mixed complexion, giving her pale and darkened skin tones over the seasons that come and go. Fatima inherited her mother’s dark blue eyes that appear more violet and her father’s thick, black hair which is always tied in a braid with a head scarf to wrap it up in.

Over time of error and success, Fatima earned multiple scars on her arms, hands, and face. She adorns multiple piercings in each ear. She opts for casual clothing, more so the kind that’s hardly loose and out of the way when she works. Besides her piercings she doesn’t wear any other accessories. Beneath her exterior, Fatima also has a large ink back piece that’s mostly covered by her long shirts and work attire.

Fatima is hardly seen without dirt and grime clinging to her clothing or face. Though she cleans up when the occasion calls for it. Working as a Blacksmith and Alchemist, she hardly has time for trivial things that would concern those who care more about their appearance than their work.

Personality: Because of her work, Fatima is a conversationalist when the time calls for it. Although, she’s not entirely reserved, she is about important aspects of her life like her parents or whether she has any family left. She’s a humorous, kind, and well-respected figure in the Hive—as they call it. Fatima is like everyone’s long, lost Auntie that can turn any ruffian into disposed trash.

Fatima wears her emotions on her sleeve, she likes to be upfront and brutally honest as she believes beating around the bush will only make things worse. However, it should be noted that she can also be incredibly callous to those who intend her harm, she’s also not as naïve as most would make her out to be. She can be incredibly patient and become a lending shoulder or ear to those who need to vent, but she’s no therapist and will tell you so. Because of her firm belief in a second chance, it has backfired on her more than she would like to admit but doesn’t let it dissuade her in her moral beliefs.

Background: Born to a Blacksmith and Alchemist, Fatima Lennox would scarcely know of her parents as they would pass away in the event of their caravan being attacked by demons. Nekrim Lennox, her Uncle and Father’s brother, would take her under his wing and raise her the way her father intended her to be: Kind and the heiress of Lennox Smithing & Alchemy Co. Because her uncle never married nor bore any children of his own, he too, learned the hardship of raising a parentless child. Nekrim wasn’t easy on her upbringing, raising her to know the basics of surviving by any means necessary and defensive skills of hand-to-hand combat. However, it would also seem she inherited the good spirit and alluring nature her Mother once had, before she passed on.

Nekrim always wanted Fatima to be ruthless and unkind to anyone, even their patrons because the reality was; business and life was cruel and unforgiving. Fatima would be stubborn as her father was and she planted her roots in the ground to remain kind, extend a helping hand to those in need, and to always donate to the Dawn Church and shelters that always needed supplies. She remained this way all while learning how to forge weapons, armor, and make potions and healing herbs that would aid those in dire need of it. Like all children in the Hive, she received the basic education to know about Arandia and other subjects, but she couldn’t fathom the idea of art and how complex writing scribbles truly were.

When Fatima got physical, she got physical and then would receive the backlash when she’s never the one starting the fights. As she matured into adulthood, she quelled her rebellious spirit always itching to come out despite her Uncle’s best efforts. She instead, opted for a good arm wrestling and whoever lost would pay for a night’s out in drinking in the local tavern. Fatima’s company became locally known and her reputation always preceded her, which would help the business fruit more when travelers and those who wanted fine craftsmanship, hers was always top choice.

While she knew how to do Alchemy, her Uncle handled that part of the business as she, somehow, always messed up the orders. Once, she almost blew up the building but Nekrim finally took over the Alchemy side of the company and only let her help when he was out of town. Fatima, it seemed, inherited her Father’s fine eye for smithing and her Mother’s good-natured spirit. Currently, she’s handling her business and is hardly seen without orders to fill. Nekrim is proud of how he brought her up even when he hardly knew how to parent an orphan.

Magic: None

Weapon: Fatima handles Clubs well or any short sword. If it comes down to it, she’s skilled in hand-to-hand combat.

Other:
  • Fatima has a high tolerance for alcohol and is rarely beaten at her own drinking game.
  • She prefers to quash any lingering ire over arm wrestling and bad jokes.
  • While she is the heiress of Lennox Smithing & Alchemy Co. She seems more like an employee than the head of the company.
  • Clawdia is her companion and panther, they're rarely seen a part. After Nekrim, Clawdia is the second-closest being to family for her.

Last edited:
Nice SU Dan! Looks great to me and you are accepted!

Once KenzaSheep finishes their SU I’ll start the actual roleplay thread :) I’ll also probably keep the SU open for a few more players, should anyone choose to do so

Reactions: Dan
Eesh sorry it took me a bit. I've been working on it since this morning, so I suppose I'm either a perfectionist or I somehow managed to really over complicate making a simple sheet. ((Honestly, SUs are the bane of my existence x3 But, you know, if I'm gonna do it, might as well do it right.))

Tell me if it looks alright to you. It's been a billion years since I've made one of these....

~~~

Name
Keetas Vitel

Appearance
Keetas, at first glance, doesn't seem like all that much on the scale of importance. To most, he seems like nothing more than a street rat, albeit a rather cleanly one to be hanging out in the Willows. If you have a keen enough eye to examine him more closely, you'll notice he holds every inch of his 5'5" self with a sense of great importance (a staple of the trademark arrogance bred within higher-class districts) despite the shortcoming of his attire, which generally lacks any upperclass flare. His close-set hazel eyes will most-likely be examining you in return, oftentimes devaluing all in silent patronization, yet his gaze lacks emotional vibrance and color, seeming hollow or, on occasion, outright glassy.

Regardless of all other features, a whirlwind of thick dark-auburn hair, often reminiscent of a pile of late-autumn leaves, sits unmanageable atop his head. It's stark contrast to his otherwise average appearance, as he lacks noticeable features and could easily blend into a crowd if it weren't for the infamous red mess just long enough to cover the tips of his ears.

Never once has he gone hungry, and for good reason. If you manage to catch sight of him as he covers himself with the richer crowd during the mornings and afternoons, he seems almost a completely different person. His natural standing is with the upperclassmen, so he talks the talk and walks the walk. Not a visible scratch on him, as the richer folk are too "good" for fistfights. When among his finer colleagues, he may also don a pair of green reading glasses.

Personality
For one born and raised in high-society, snarky arrogance is a given. He's a social person only to the extent required by the circumstance, but makes and keeps no friends in order to continue living his satisfactory double-life without hitches. Selfishness is another good quality of his, and he's often more than a little reluctant to share. "No" is the final answer the first time he has to say it, and he hates having to repeat himself. Of course, it's easy to avoid making friends with that sort of attitude.

When it comes to the ways of the darker Willows areas, one gets pretty good at lying through his teeth in order to keep himself alive. Either that or face the executioner for any number of possibly-illegal reasons. One in particular would be the purchase and distribution of Salva, which tends to have a heavy impact on Keetas' overall personality. Take pinch too much, he might be seeing Demons left and right. Fortunately, he's managed to prevent that from happening more often than it needs to. Status is something he prides himself in, and to lose that over a pinch of Salva is hardly worth hearing about.

On the plus side, he gets his news from both the depths and the skies of common society. A little conspiracy down there, the common town problems up here, maybe some gossip about the Mayor mixed in—it's all good stuff. Besides that, it helps him to keep out of the spotlight by making sure he's never seen with anyone who's already in it. Avoiding certain situations and people is one of his more refined qualities.

That said, if there's a subject he gets very emotional about (or, for some bizarre reason, you've managed to tick him off) he will keep badgering until he's proved to be correct and then some, or his opposer makes the smart decision and walks away instead of biting back. It can be assured, however, that walking away will yield dastardly misfortune of its own in good time.

Background
Being born into a particularly auspicious family may have either been the very worst or absolute best thing to ever happen to him. As a natural upperclassman of Ivesberg, Keetas is expected to uphold the dignity and legacy of his parents and continue on in prosperous longevity, but when he's not hiding his face somewhere within the rich crowd, there's a good chance he won't be answering at home until rather late at night. During these days, he's most-likely gone to the Willows in hope of browsing the Black Market and satiating his ever-present (and carefully moderated) addiction to Salva. Of course, he'll never admit to this, and there are even precautions he takes to prove his innocence should it ever come up. Though, with his natural standing as an upperclassmen, most wouldn't dare bother to test the unjust scales of society by ratting him out.

Becoming a part of the darker reaches of the Willows was somewhere between intentional and an accident on his part. It started as a dare prescribed by one of the older upperclass boys. To spend one night in the depths of the Willows was damaging enough to one's pride, but to turn down a dare? That was grounds for social exile and defacing. That was several years back; Keetas had, of course, accepted.

So, he spent the night. What happened to him in those hours has never been retold, but it began a hidden streak of rebellion when Keetas inconspicuously started coming home a little later each night. Not that anyone ever noticed. His parents were far too busy in their own pompous lives to bother asking where small amounts of money went missing to now and again. And also, who went missing now and again.

Magic
He had the opportunity to learn a little bit of illusion magic (falling under Support magic) from an acquaintance in the Black Market business. Said acquaintance has since been executed, so no new knowledge has been acquired on Keetas' end. It takes a lot of focus for him to use this magic despite quite a lot of practice, so he doesn't use it for any real purpose due to lack of perfection and the outweighing risk of such a feat. Making one small object seem like another isn't the most practical thing to begin with. If he had a bit more time to learn properly, perhaps he would be better at it, but he fears getting caught by the church more than satiating his meager desire to learn.

Weapon
Small knives. It's the only thing he could find easy enough to conceal. There's usually one hidden in his left shoe and/or on his side underneath his shirt. Keetas generally only finds need to wear them when he's delving into the depths of the Willows.

Other
Sorry I ain't as well-weathered as some of y'all, but if I tried to pull off a 20-yr-old I'd be roasted since my natural temperament leans to someone much younger. Hopefully this fits well within everything regardless, but I figured I'd give a head's-up just in case.

Last edited:
You are accepted! Nice SU, and no worries about the age! There isn’t any real age minimum and it makes sense with your character :)

I’ll most likely start the roleplay thread either today or tomorrow! This thread will also serve as a OOC/Discussion thread

If anyone wants to set up some sort of previous connection with Amalia, even just dating back a few days prior to the start in-story so that everything isn't a first meeting, feel free to let me know here or shoot me a message!

Yep good idea! Also considering that everyone lives in the same town, it wouldn’t be far fetched to assume everyone knows each other somewhat or at least had heard of each other (considering some have their own business or come from noble family) etc.

Amalia isn't from Ivesburg, but she's been there for a few weeks at the start of things (see Background for more details there) holed up in The Willows trying to scrape by. What connections she does have are more likely to be people in the Outfield as the Dhenari do a lot of trading with them, but she's had to venture into the city and make do, likely doing something to say the wrong thing to the wrong person or just generally not keeping her mouth shut and flaring up someone's dislike for the Dhenari enough to get her in hot water...

Back